Thread: INTj and IxTp relationship

Creepy-

Default INTj and IxTp relationship

What a great board you guys! There is so much information here, I could spend days just browsing here. Anyways, let me get down to it.

I'm an INTJ and there's a special IXTP that I'm interested in. To our friends, we both say that we're not interested in relationships, that all we want to do is focus on school. Personally, I know we're both full of crap when we say that. He's had a girlfriend before, and I've been the victim of several crushes. Anyways, I would like you all's advice on his exact type--whether he would be an ISTP or an INTP.

To tell the truth, we're both running neck and neck for valedictorian and salutorian at our institution, and it feels like we're in a competition to win the other person's respect, even though we already do. It seems like the more time we spend with each other, the more we bond. Last week, we spent an hour or so playing MahJong, and yes, we were definitely getting close, and all of these so-called "anti-signals" were definitely present. During the middle of classes we have together, we'll send each other these smiles and faces, and crack each other up.

My goodness, see how I'm rambling about this boy? At any rate, what on earth do I do? From what I've said, what type could he be?

Thanks a bunch!
    TheINTJChick

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a relation of activity, and if you are sure that you are INTj then that would make him ISFp ...

Of course, your description is very very vague, and he could very well be another type.

Creepy-

Here's some more clarification:
    1. He is definitely not able to hug or show affection unless its someone really close to him. i.e. Mom
    2. He's physically aggressive and likes playing sports and hunting and all those sorts of things.
    3.I asked him once what his plans were for the future and his response fits the P function. This could be a one time thing though.
    4. He dresses with all the name brands to impress.
    5. His best subject is math and can work a proof like *that*. He has difficulty writing papers and can't draw to save his life.
    Thanks again!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. He is definitely not able to hug or show affection unless its someone really close to him. i.e. Mom

sounds like a weak

2. He's physically aggressive and likes playing sports and hunting and all those sorts of things.

sounds possibly

3.I asked him once what his plans were for the future and his response fits the P function. This could be a one time thing though.

typical trait of sensible types ...

5. His best subject is math and can work a proof like *that*. He has difficulty writing papers and can't draw to save his life.

That has P written all over it ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that the chances are good that this is a relationship of activity and he is ISFp ... I am not saying that with assurity, because you know the situation better than I do ...

Creepy-

So the consensus is ISFP?

Thanks guys...And gals!

Creepy-

And for more clarification, let me just add some more.

1. He's definitely more comfortable with guys than girls.

2. He's really good at telling jokes and can be a funny person when he wants to be.

3. At times, he seems like an extrovert, but usually when he's with a close non-guy friend, he'll close up, and be very brief and concise.

4. Out of all the guys I've ever known, I've always been able to "read" them, but this one is an enigma to me. I don't know if it's me or not, but he is very self confident and can be almost arrogant at times.

5. He usually doesn't give a hoot about friends, and if he does, it's a little hoot. His main priorities seem to be his future, his family, and his role in that.

6. He's a big picture thinker.

Thank you guys so much!
    TheINTJChick

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's starting to sound more like an ENTp now ...

And don't mistake arrogance for self-confidence, it is actually more of a sign of a lack-of-confidence ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And pedro doesn't know when to quit either, he's sort of like having an evil dual double reflection on your mirror that only knows half the story and always thinks his half is right, whereas I always think my half is right.

On this basis I'd feel free to disregard his suggestions as well ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, guest, sound a lot like ENTp when you are talking. You sounded a lot like Waddles or Blaze.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sounds a lot like an ISTP to me.

ISTPs love being competative, can have an extreme self-confidence, and are into physical activities. They can also like exploring new ways of doing things and being right all the time. He can put a lot of value in thinking ahead but can also be uncomfortable around people he doesn't like or know well.

An ISTP will lie on the train tracks and roll off at the last second just for the thrill of it.

Sound anything like him?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does remind me of a ISTP that I know. But I am really new to the whole typing thing so I could be wrong.

BTW! If he is ISTP, just know when to escape the relationship. My relationship lasted for 1.5years. We broke up 4 times, every one of them extremely dramatical. During the "normal" phases of the relationship, we often blocked each other on the MSN Messenger, we sent angry SMSs, we sometimes were happily together at the beginning of a party and totally ignoring each other at the end of it, and so on.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, it's me again.

Forget about chemistry between us--it's definitely there. All I would care to know is his type. To make it easier, here's a list of things about him that stand out the most. I know I already made a few, but I figured this post would me more effective. Thanks for all your help!

1. Physically aggressive
    2. Very intelligent
    3. Not artistically inclined
    4. Math is his best subject
    5. Highly competitive
    6. With me, he's a good listener, but at other times, he can be rather talkative.
    7. It's hard to win his respect and trust: 1) in the beginning 2) once you've broken it
    8. Not inclined to show affection, but he does enjoy it.
    9. Very good at telling jokes.
    10. Athletic
    11. He doesn't show as much emotion on the outside as he does on the inside.

Thanks a bunch!

Creepy-

1. Physically aggressive
    in quadra if not ego block, in the super id as something considered ideal. Gamma or Beta quadra is a possibility
    2. Very intelligent
    ??? Could be any type. If he is super-smart (gifted) it's likely he has intuition in his ego. Not certain
    ??? doesn't mean anything
    ???
    5. Highly competitive
    ??? In what areas? In general? Still probably doesn't mean anything
    6. With me, he's a good listener, but at other times, he can be rather talkative.
    Too general?.That what a conversation is about, talking and listening
    7. It's hard to win his respect and trust: 1) in the beginning 2) once you've broken it
    Introvert? Weak feeling (thinking in ego block)
    Thinking in ego block, or efven possibly intorverted feeling
    ????
    10. Athletic
    Based on genetics, not socionic type. If you said he good at sports, some might say a sensor, but many intuitives are good at sports as well
    11. He doesn't show as much emotion on the outside as he does on the inside
    See number 8.

we really can't help you by giving stereotypical answers to your questions. Just use your gut and get to know him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheINTJChick
    Okay, it's me again.

Forget about chemistry between us--it's definitely there. All I would care to know is his type. To make it easier, here's a list of things about him that stand out the most. I know I already made a few, but I figured this post would me more effective. Thanks for all your help!

1. Physically aggressive
    2. Very intelligent
    5. Highly competitive
    10. Athletic

Thanks a bunch!

ISTP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ + IXTP

OK INTJ Chick, I'm gonna look at everything you said about him. I said twice before I thought he was an ISTP...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I would like you all's advice on his exact type--whether he would be an ISTP or an INTP.

To tell the truth, we're both running neck and neck for valedictorian and salutorian at our institution, and it feels like we're in a competition to win the other person's respect, even though we already do. It seems like the more time we spend with each other, the more we bond. Last week, we spent an hour or so playing MahJong, and yes, we were definitely getting close, and all of these so-called "anti-signals" were definitely present. During the middle of classes we have together, we'll send each other these smiles and faces, and crack each other up.
    There's not much here except the fact that you have a crush on him What stands out to me is "competition" and "respect". Competative is pretty much a synonym for ISTP, although it could be another type. Also, ISTPs have a good set of values, and they like other people to look up and respect them for these... even if the person doesn't like them.

Here's some more clarification:
    1. That's a TP thing, especially IxTP
    2. All of this is characteristic of an ISTP. Also, anything adventurous.
    3. OK, P.
    4. ISxP... maybe ESxJ but not as much
    5. another TP thing.

And for more clarification, let me just add some more.

1. He's definitely more comfortable with guys than girls.

2. He's really good at telling jokes and can be a funny person when he wants to be.

3. At times, he seems like an extrovert, but usually when he's with a close non-guy friend, he'll close up, and be very brief and concise.

4. Out of all the guys I've ever known, I've always been able to "read" them, but this one is an enigma to me. I don't know if it's me or not, but he is very self confident and can be almost arrogant at times.

5. He usually doesn't give a hoot about friends, and if he does, it's a little hoot. His main priorities seem to be his future, his family, and his role in that.

6. He's a big picture thinker.
    1. that's more of an upbringing thing, but could be IxTP
    2. again, more nurture, but a sense of humor is more associated with P
    3. ISTP
    4. "enigma", "self confident", "almost arrogant". confidence and arrogance fit with an ISTP as well as competative. ISTPs have a stong sense of comfort and independece.
    5. future and family is big to ISTPs. they can be traditional and have good values. They also like to be creative and do things in diffrent ways from others. also, lack of .
    6. Big Picture= Perceiving

1. Physically aggressive
    2. Very intelligent
    5. Highly competitive
    10. Athletic
    1. again, ISTPs are physically aggressive
    2. stereotyoe, but ISTPs can be very intelligant
    3. means nothing
    4. TP
    5. competition, ISTP...
    6. ? could be ISTP
    7. Thats a very big ISTP thing
    8. I think we covered this, IxTP
    9. look above
    10. Interesting, I said some where else that I thought ISTP make the best athletes.
    11. weak

My advice to The INTJ Chick would be to look up information on ISTPs and see if this fits him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male21notinthegame
    You, guest, sound a lot like ENTp when you are talking. You sounded a lot like Waddles or Blaze.
    How do we sound??

Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Big picture generally means intuitive.
    I thought intuition was visonary, abstract, ect., and percieving was universal, big picture, ect.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Pedro has it right on this one.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Creepy-

I'm glad to see that you all are thinking about this! Thanks.

The more I think about it, the traits of an ISTP definitely fit him. I've known him for roughly two years. During this time, he has never said anything about his family. For Pete's sake, I found out on Monday that he had a dog! He definitely holds a part of himself back. I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    You sound hyperactive, like you just got an adrenaline shot. Well sometimes at least.
    Heh heh.

Must be that gone wild . . .

Entp
    ILE

Creepy-The*INTj*Chick

Yeah, ISTP makes sense. He spent awhile today fiddling with a pen and trying to take it apart and put it back it together. I'm still comparing ISTP and ESTP, just to make sure there's nothing I missed. Thanks everybody.

Creepy-

Now just a minute..Would an ISTP say "But I don't wanna get into trouble"? This is really making me think...Thanks

Creepy-

And I've also noticed that when he's in a group, and loses interest in the conversation, he leaves. Is this characteristic of an ISTP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Now just a minute..Would an ISTP say "But I don't wanna get into trouble"? This is really making me think...Thanks
    Not usually, unless he is having some sort of moral dilemma. In that case what he really means when he says, "But I don't wanna get into trouble" is "I don't want to do this because I don't wanna feel bad afterwards."

And I've also noticed that when he's in a group, and loses interest in the conversation, he leaves. Is this characteristic of an ISTP?
    Yes.

Creepy-

Now I wonder, how can I get him to open up? Yes, this is ironic coming from an INTJ.
    Thanks sportfan BTW.