View Poll Results: what is Ariana's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 20.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

6 40.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 6.67%
  • EIE (ENFj)

3 20.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

2 13.33%
  • ILI (INTp)

1 6.67%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ariana Grande

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Vous dites "EIE - sous-type de la chirurgie plastique."
    I would be surprised if you were as fluent in French as I am in English. The plastic surgery thing is rather an e3 thing, not particularly EIE related. Also I don't consider myself as EIE as main type nor subtype. I did get the point in your literal wording, but I did not undestand the poking or making fun of what I said.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Her gift is singing the most creepy lyrics with a honey tone so sweet you don't even notice what's going on. Mad skills, at least during studio performance

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, her voice is actually really nice. She shows off her voice quite often. I think she could be EIE.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere in LA, Ariana is proud of her acting

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah, her voice is actually really nice. She shows off her voice quite often.
    Yes - literally "grande":

(lol at the intermezzo!!)

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She does impressions of other singers so well...:

From 4:00, only an EIE can do the voice of another EIE (Whitney Houston) so well?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-Fe

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI seems likely

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    She does impressions of other singers so well...:

From 4:00, only an EIE can do the voice of another EIE (Whitney Houston) so well?
    Wow, I'm EIE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE. instructive case - very overt focus on positive emotions +

EIE are not like this at all! They are much more focused on reflection on the past as well as powerful emotions. Female pop star EIEs include Nelly Furtado, SZA, Tove Lo among others

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems SEI ISFP not EIE
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like a couple of her songs but she seems kinda boring. Or rather the whole diva thing is played out. She doesn’t make it interesting like the others (Cher is probably my favorite - so funny). The best thing she’s ever done is lick donuts and say she hates America. I think EIE 3 is likely. Mac Miller - whose music is way better - seemed like an Se creative.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with @Vice she is mostly just really boring. I don't think about her much. Something about her being is too lifeless.

I do kinda like her in that Bang Bang song tho lol (but Jessie J is still my favorite):

For typical gay man ness, my favorite female divas are Kylie Minogue, Jessie J, Lady Gaga and Fefe Dobson. And Sheryl Crow/Shania Twain.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not 100% sure on her type, but I dig her music. never get sick of listening to her stuff.

it's like my soul resonates when I hear her voice and lyrics. it's eerie lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ariana Grande - ENFP - Balzac

Last edited by khcs; 02-12-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFP -Balzac

Last edited by khcs; 02-12-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF.

Her voice is nice but everything about her is fake and annoying. I always wonder if anyone actually know her true self.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Most probably ESE.
    Most probably ENFP

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-Fe

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So vapid and stupid. Her self-proclaimed righteousness in some interviews where it is so blatantly obviously that she hasn't given the topic more than a flickering moment of thought is my biggest pet peeve. I am ILE and I think that I am her Benefactor (EIE). I do not take her seriously at all and I know that she would stand no "chance" against me so to speak. That's a dumb argument, but I still think my typing is correct. Oh, and SO/SP I guess.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI isn't everything. My vote is for ESE

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The introvert gamma SF. Watch interviews.
    https://youtu.be/2bMXOHqU4RY
    a cringe worthy conflict interaction

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma SF

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like her Zach Sang interviews the best. They're longer, in depth videos & Zach Sang's apparently actually friends with her, so she always seems more comfortable & herself in these.

https://youtu.be/lm7IUJeRFEw

https://youtu.be/PviZLT7HPys

https://youtu.be/fpl8v3jiuNU

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like her carpool karaoke video with James Corden too.

https://youtu.be/_8ZDK_E5p84

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She’s gross. She and Britney are ESEs. Nothing about either of them shows that they value Se in any way. They’re avoidant of conflict and show they’re adverse to even thinking of trying to rock the boat. EIE wants Se so badly that they do shit on purpose to rock the boat and when shit hits the fan, they run away screaming.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    She’s gross. She and Britney are ESEs. Nothing about either of them shows that they value Se in any way. They’re avoidant of conflict and show they’re adverse to even thinking of trying to rock the boat. EIE wants Se so badly that they do shit on purpose to rock the boat and when shit hits the fan, they run away screaming.
    I don’t think it’s fair to say that about Britney, since she’s been under tight control by either her alcoholic father or the media her entire life. She has literally been in a legal conservatorship since her 20s and she’s nearly 40 now. She legally has no control over her life - even on social media, what she says has to be approved first. I don’t think she’s naturally conflict avoidant, she’s just been conditioned to be until she briefly went off the rails. That being said, I did initially type her as ESE too - now, I prefer to leave a blank space for her type since nobody really knows who she is.

As for Ariana, I’m still inclined to stick with EIE because of the themes in her music. I don’t think she’s really conflict avoidant in a non Se valuing way (because you can still be mostly conflict avoidant and Se valuing... did you forget about immature/non developed IEIs who are both 1D Se and 1D Te and Fe valuing?) either. She might be sweet but she’s done/said controversial things on purpose like licking donuts and putting them back or saying she hates America or making songs like “God is a woman” or “7 rings”. I can’t picture the standard ESE doing that but even then, my mom is ESE and she starts a lot of shit for someone who doesn’t value Se. ESE would be my secondary type for Ariana, though.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I don’t think it’s fair to say that about Britney, since she’s been under tight control by either her alcoholic father or the media her entire life. She has literally been in a legal conservatorship since her 20s and she’s nearly 40 now. She legally has no control over her life - even on social media, what she says has to be approved first. I don’t think she’s naturally conflict avoidant, she’s just been conditioned to be until she briefly went off the rails. That being said, I did initially type her as ESE too - now, I prefer to leave a blank space for her type since nobody really knows who she is.

As for Ariana, I’m still inclined to stick with EIE because of the themes in her music. I don’t think she’s really conflict avoidant in a non Se valuing way (because you can still be mostly conflict avoidant and Se valuing... did you forget about immature/non developed IEIs who are both 1D Se and 1D Te and Fe valuing?) either. She might be sweet but she’s done/said controversial things on purpose like licking donuts and putting them back or saying she hates America or making songs like “God is a woman” or “7 rings”. I can’t picture the standard ESE doing that but even then, my mom is ESE and she starts a lot of shit for someone who doesn’t value Se. ESE would be my secondary type for Ariana, though.

Being conflict avoidant and having low dimensional Se are separate and different things. Se is not aggression, but the direct management and control of aggression. Often times that is exhibited as being firm and assertive. EIE have low dimensional Se which means they don’t understand Se to any length or depth but because it’s valued, and they equate Se to being badass, they end up being conflict seeking. ESE have very reliable Se even though they prefer/default to Si, so seeking out conflict would not be suitable to their purpose. They don’t want to assert themselves if it’s not going to benefit their Si.

Britney and Ariana do not go seeking out controversy and conflict. Britney being financially controlled by her father even now as she’s 40 is evidence of that. She doesn’t want to rock the boat and assert herself that she should be financially independent after all this time. I could come up with at least 10 legal and logical arguments in favor of her side but she don’t care about that. She’s not looking for attorneys to fight for that.

Ariana licking donuts is Fe attention She doesn’t have any issues voicing her displeasure but she also don’t want to have beef with others which is Si preference over Se. An example is when she tweeted she wasn’t happy that Cardi won Grammy and felt like Mac Miller deserved it. She called it “trash.” She clarified that she wasn’t attacking or throwing shade at Cardi, and there’s no beef between them. Ariana values comfort and harmony but she’s actually naturally good at Se when she wants to be, definitely not Si PoLR. Contrast with EIE Nicki who loves talking shit and starting shit. That’s Si PoLR with poorly executed Se.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm sure many people will disagree with this- but I think she's ILI. Monotone voice, deadpanned expression. I don't think 'God is a woman' can be evidence of anything as all of Hollywood is generically feminist like that. Any Fe she does feels so put on and like from her agent and never naturally from herself. Most of her music feels like something her agent told her to do to become famous and get Te $$$ rather than anything 'authentic.'

Licking donuts and saying I hate American can just as easily be said to be a Fe polr thing as strong Fe people usually care about their image too much to be so objectively rude like that and 'I hate America' is a Fi sentiment, as it's clearly about attraction/repulsion which is Fi. She uses creative Te to make all this money for herself but she loathes having to play this Fe part to do it. Much of what she does is so generically Gamma adult to me and really, really bland and just blah. She speaks like a boring Gamma even.

The role of ILI is like the status quo of everything in the gamma sense, the 'glue for gammas' and I see her being that way more than anything else.

Don't get where the strong Fe is coming from- any Fe she has is so fake and tacked upon.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her music has Ni unifying themes/metaphors and direction (even if it's mostly about sex). for example look at her song NASA.
    Not to mention the image she's tailoring is completely beta NF victim-challenger/trophy to the tune of "if you really want me, come get it" . it's all about inviting or rather- tempting the listener/viewer in.
    She radiates beta NF exclusivity and aristocracy
    Her song 7 RIngs and her "rich-looking" (concert/social media) fashion style screams Se HA.
    She's provocative in her music, for example titles like "God is a woman" and "break up with your gf, i'm bored" but she knows how to pull it off. IMO the reason why she's managed to stay in the spotlight for so long now is because she knows exactly what is cool, trendy, and classy at the moment and how to incorporate it into her image and newest single in a way that make her seem trendy but still the trendsetter, cooler & cooler than you, but still relatable and not so aloof she comes off as a bitch. That's indicative of high-functioning Fe+Ni/Se (and ignoring Fi.. as BandD pointed out her music feels fake.)

This is from someone who occasionally enjoys her music and has had a general awareness of her presence throughout the past few years. Even if i haven't bothered to dig very deep and familiarize myself with her personality, I'm 200% sure she's EIE.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE-Fe

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Life is beautiful. Cherish every moment even if you're stressed or hurt or whatnot. There's always tomorrow and it always gets better” .
    Lol, @golden has a mighty point. How much it would take in cash to make EIE's say this? Overall very positivist sort of framing.

They would start: Life is a pain. You need to lookout and take it in even backwards... even if it hurts yadda yadda...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I'm sure many people will disagree with this- but I think she's ILI. Monotone voice, deadpanned expression. I don't think 'God is a woman' can be evidence of anything as all of Hollywood is generically feminist like that. Any Fe she does feels so put on and like from her agent and never naturally from herself. Most of her music feels like something her agent told her to do to become famous and get Te $$$ rather than anything 'authentic.'
    Finally. I see people try to decide what type of ethical she is when your description makes her a replica of other logical introvert women of her age I know. I thought LII-Ti for a moment, but ILI-Ni makes sense for her.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE distant subtype, likely N, fixation on R development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm IEE. Two IEEs I know seem to admire her.

edit: yeah seems EIE
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-19-2022 at 06:30 PM.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post

Licking donuts and saying I hate American can just as easily be said to be a Fe polr thing as strong Fe people usually care about their image too much to be so objectively rude like that and 'I hate America' is a Fi sentiment, as it's clearly about attraction/repulsion which is Fi. She uses creative Te to make all this money for herself but she loathes having to play this Fe part to do it. Much of what she does is so generically Gamma adult to me and really, really bland and just blah. She speaks like a boring Gamma even.

The role of ILI is like the status quo of everything in the gamma sense, the 'glue for gammas' and I see her being that way more than anything else.

Don't get where the strong Fe is coming from- any Fe she has is so fake and tacked upon.
    Thought I was the only one that thought she's gamma & introverted. I was going to say ESI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12