Thread: Attempting to figure out a type to begin my navigation of the Socionics Forum

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attempting to figure out a type to begin my navigation of the Socionics Forum

I'm still rather unsure of my Socionics Type, and as this forum is a purely Socionics forum, I've come here to ask for help in figuring out my type.

I have enclosed my questionnaires in the spoiler tag, so that anyone can easily open and close the questionnaires.

What's my Socionics type?" questionnaire

Personal concepts
    1.What is beauty? What is love?

Defining beauty and love is difficult in general and I doubt I can do it alone, but my understanding of it is…what it is. Love is just love,and it’s ridiculously hard to assign meaning to something, simply because you may be wrong logically, you may be blocking your perception by narrowing in on something too soon, and you can’t describe it no matter what you try. However, I would mostly define love by the things it affects and the ways it is shown. Perhaps it is the scented roses one person gives another person to show their appreciation and affection for them. Perhaps it is the relaxed smile,the carefree acceptance into the deepest parts of your soul. It could be the adoration and appreciation a person shows to another. I would also define beauty as something that derives pleasure, whether aesthetically or idealistically.

2.What are your most important values?

My most important value is strength of will, because people who are weak enough to fold to aesthetic pleasures or to the weakness of no willpower tends to put me off. As such, my other values are intelligence, honesty, trust, love, an understanding of what you'redoing before you overly comply. I don't have many values I tend to utilize, but I extend a wide net composed of my values towards everything I do, mostly unconsciously if I were to analyze my text.

3.Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I tend to be a passive person in regards to spirituality, as I tend to be nonreligious. I hold certain spiritual beliefs mainly because of the fact that I learned it from my highly spiritual grandma and mom,and while they might be illogical in nature, they are extremely useful for my underdeveloped emotional intelligence. I don't hold religious beliefs because of the fact that I see them as drains to society, as religious beliefs come with a subsets of tradition that one must follow. As a result, religion tends to be a method of controlling the people, simply because of the fact that people want power. These beliefs come from my research, some information from certain family members, and the obviousness of it all.

4.Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I'm pretty cynical in regards to war and military because of the fact that I've learned that EVERYTHING has a purpose, and while the base purpose of a military is to protect, the underlying purpose of a military is to establish and control power, politically, socially,and economically. Wars, in my opinion, are simply an extension of the establishment and control of power and resources, and I definitely agree that there is someone behind the power of the government,planning and utilizing the full might of a military to increase their personal power. In regards to what power is for me, I would mainly say that power is the ability to get what you want, when you want,how you want. That is why people like MLK Jr. and Bush Jr. can be classified as powerful people, despite their completely different areas, as MLK Jr, achieved his 'want' of civil rights in a peaceful way, yet, Bush Jr. achieved his want of oil in a violent way.Therefore, I seek to attain personal freedom and the ability to have a knowledge-seeking lifestyle with my loved ones and potentially make a mark on this world, depending on my wants then.

Interests
    5.What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests?Why?

My interests are in topics I can truly understand. For example, people would expect me to be interested in something like formal logic,history, etc..., but I tend to gravitate towards social science topics like psychology, philosophy, and sociology just because analyzing people is ridiculously fun and pretty interesting. I can converse on nearly anything though, and there will be times where I say something completely crazy or go off-topic. Most of my conversations are about strange things like...”what would the world be like if a certain event changed?”, because it's extremely interesting thinking about HOW something could change, or should have already changed, or "if x event happened in (insert certain time here), could the fate of (insert world here) have been different? Anyways, that probably explains why one of my likes are reading Fanfiction, specifically AU Fanfics.

6.Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Psh no xD. The only thing I need of my body is to keep my brain alive,and to provide me some form of sensory pleasure. It's sad to say, but I feel like my life exists WITHIN my mind and everything. It's a strange sort of disconnect to experience life, seeing all these-people with makeup/gel/etc... and I'm just here looking at them with a confused face. As such, I tend to be somewhat interested in health and medicine as a conversation topic, but not way too overly interested in it.

7.What do you think of daily chores?

Daily chores are the most boring thing in existence. I mean, washing the dishes repetitively? Mowing the lawn? Putting clothes in the washing machine? That really detracts me from the real purpose of life, like researching and learning and debating, and that's why I plan on making my life as minimalistic as possible because dealing with repetitive tasks are useless until you realize you actually do need them, and as such, making it as simple as possible is a good idea.

8.Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise.Examples welcome.

I do like the Harry Potter series, and I have fun watching certain action/adventure movies. I really did like Inception though, so many-beautiful layers and secrets and subterfuge and action, yet the perfect amount of fantasy, concepts, and plot twists that ended in a masterpiece. However, I tend to gravitate towards fanfiction because sometimes, they make it better. For fanfics, I would say “Time Braid by ShaperV”, which is a Naruto fanfiction that involves time loops, kami, and some dark squicky stuff I cannot help but like because I want my stories to reflect the cynical nature of the world yet stick some extremely interesting concepts.

9.What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Mostly soft acts of extreme care and stuff, I mean, I know I don't smile or cry much, but most of the time, it is out of a certain fondness for one thing or another. If I'm crying happy tears, then it is something so ridiculously PERFECT that even someone such as I melts. If I’mcrying laughing tears, it is because something is so silly that I end up indirectly triggering a cry. If it's sad tears, I have been struckwith the feels. If it's angry tears though, then that means I am in stress mode.

10.Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

When I'm surrounded by my closest friends, and remembering that I'm just another person, though a ridiculously strange one for sure. For example, yesterday, I spent a whole day surrounded my some of my closest friends, and I definitely felt great because I was free to be myself in front of everyone else, having fun, and just generally having an awesome experience. Otherwise, I feel best a moments of personal self-reflection, in which it is just me learning or thinking about something, feeling connected to the vast world of knowledge awaiting me.

Evaluation& Behaviour
    11.What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

My weaknesses stem towards my ADHD, as I have the inattentiveness as well as the hyperactivity of a Combined Type. As such, I tend to be lazy, simply because I have no desire to 'amuse' myself with menial tasks, and I definitely think too much for my own good, and am plagued with struggles as a result of my desire to question everything. I also tend to float around in subjects, and will get off task extremely easily and for a long period of time. An underlying-weakness of myself is my emotional intelligence, as I tend to be underdeveloped in it, simply because I have no need to control the emotions of others and I tend to be overly logical, resulting in a disconnect from my emotional side. My dislikes about myself tend to be linked towards my weaknesses, mainly my ADHD and my underdeveloped emotional intelligence. I also dislike how at this point in time, I have literally NO CONTROL over my life because of all of the conflict circling in and out of it, and I will get that fixed as much as possible.

12.What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

My strengths tend to come from my logic, intelligence, ability to think“outside the box”, and verbal skills, as well as any other skill set I may have picked up. As such, I am normally referred as an extremely intelligent, dominating person that constantly answers questions, may disrupt the teacher as a result of my curiosity, and my inability to give up at practically anything unless it's the only logical option left. I have a specialty in critical thinking skills,analysis, complicated maneuvers of planning, and my four subsets of skills: hurricanes, Pokemon, debate, and psychology. I have also tended to notice that my strengths lie in whatever I’m interested in, as I will relentlessly research any piece of information concerning a field of specialty, and no matter how narrow said interest is, I will NOT STOP until I have mastered this skill. I also do not take anything at face value either, which is a strength because of the fact that I will not be blind to hidden layers of complexity, but it is a weakness because of the fact I do not conform. My likes crop from my strengths, as I do like the utilization of my logic, my intelligence, my ability to think capably, and the verbal skills associated with debate.

13.In what areas of your life would you like help?

I would mainly like help in the department of control- namely controlling my life and freeing myself from the chains and shackles that certain areas of my life have tied to me. For example, I am tied to my secondary school system, as well as the fact that I might have to face student loans in my collegiate future, as college is literally the only way I can push myself free from unwanted portions of my life. This ties into my goal, which is to do a career I enjoy doing, free to think and pursue my own happiness without being tied to unwanted portions of my life.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

The causes of my rut tend to noticeably stem from the fact that events are choking me with stress and I start working less than I do, ending with an increased amount of stress. At that point, I tend to start falling into troubles of underdeveloped emotional intelligence,wishing to withdraw from the world and solve that problem on my own.However, if someone were to attempt to PUSH ME into solving the problem, I will burst into emotions when I would normally resist that, and after that initial burst, undercurrents of emotions will fill my very being until I just detach myself, solve the problem, and calmly return to normal.

People& Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

The qualities I like in other people is intelligence, ability to think,hold discussions, and I do tend to like emotional people even though I get annoyed by them somewhat. I dislike overly idiotic or compliant people, because I want someone to work with me, and not to follow,dislike overly emotional or spontaneous people because they get annoying with either their whining or indecisiveness. I get along very well with any healthy type, and among average/unhealthy types, I get along best with NT>NF>ST> SF people

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Romance,for me, is a necessity in a healthy relationship. So is sex, if we're talking about two non-asexual partners. I am a keen hidden romantic,and I tend to prefer it when romance is showered on me as I shower my hidden side towards them. As for the qualities that I want in a partner, I tend to like having an intelligent yet idealistic partner to complement my traits. I tend to be a strong extrovert, so I like having a quieter partner I can discuss everything with. Another trait I would prefer is a partner that allows me to deal with the planning, and can push a little spontaneity in me as I ensure they don't get themselves into trouble and overstep their boundaries. Basically, I would like to be a locus for my partner, as they push me further with their support as well.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My main concern about a child is if I wasn't to push them to their full potential and instill the tools of intelligence, ingenuity, and a slight amount of pragmatism to serve their purposes. I would allow my mate to work on the development of the spiritual and emotional side of my child, as I am deficient in that, and I will develop the ability and logical side of the child, pushing them towards their favored field and success in that particular field, as I want to make sure that my child is fully prepared for the harsh realities of the world around them, and to understand that talent and hard work combined equals success.

18.A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

My outward reaction appears first, and I ask them precisely HOW this clashes with my current beliefs, and if so, to prove the evidence. My inward reaction is a slight hurt feeling, quashed by the relentless desire of my logic to show the exacting proof. If the proof works, I will do a check to ensure that the proof was objectively correct and unbiased, and then if it still stands, I will alter my beliefs accordingly.

19.Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I tend to see people as individuals with unique skill sets choosing to define themselves as part of groups that work in tandem to create a society. As such, my relationship to society follows this manner, as a unique individual with an individual skill set that coexists in multiple groups in a society. I consider certain injustices and-inefficiencies a social problem, such as the lack of gay marriage in my state which should be a standard human right, the inefficiencies of the healthcare system which should necessary for EVERY HUMAN BEING, and the stupidity of our current system, which should be fixed before it destroys us all.

20.How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I choose my friends based on three factors:

a)intelligence
    b)friendliness
    c)usefulness

As such I tend to see my friendships as alliances, as my friends help me as I help them. If they break through my defenses, then at that point they are my close friends and I will not hesitate to trust them, simply because they have proven to me that they are trustworthy. Rest assured though, if they do betray me, I will not hesitate to go eye-for-an-eye and hit them hard as well. In the end,though, my friends tend to be the most powerful, whether socially,emotionally, intellectually, or physically, simply because only they can successfully earn my friendship and I theirs.

21.How do you behave around strangers?

I tend to be guarded around strangers, simply because they can strike any and every time, so I tend to be neutral towards them. If a stranger is interesting, I will test them, and if they pass my test of friendship, I will not hesitate to offer a friendship towards them. If a stranger is suspicious, however, I WILL start planning for dangerous situations because that is the logical option.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I read somewhere that people tend to recognize their auxiliary function more than their dominant function, so I'm here to ask for someone to observe my answers and see what they think.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

To be a successful person with a rewarding job, a significant other who I love as much as they love me and stuff, and a family, consisting of 1-3 children, either adopted or biological, and just general happiness. Why? Because that is my life goal. I suppose the importance is the journey, not the destination, but I've already got a destination in mind, so I'll let myself progress on the journey.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt like I was at my finest when I received my PSAT scores. I remember the feeling of accomplishment, of control, of power, of knowing what to do and how to do it, and the feeling of being better, stronger, MORE COMPETENT than my peers.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I suppose when I'm unable to do something up to my standards, unable to have the freedom of my choice in live, and the feeling of not knowing or being left out. I HATE HATE HATE feeling like an incompetent idiot, simply because of the fact that I like living life up to the highest standard possible.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I don't really consciously force myself to do just one thing when I make a decision. In fact, I would say that most of my decision-making is unconscious because I have never really been able to manipulate it too much.

As an example, when I decided to choose my high school, I accepted my second choice school at the spur of the moment because it had accepted me first. I'm not sure why, but it was the right choice and I am pleased at my decisions. I'm not sure why I make certain decisions, but it just ends up feeling "right" at the very end.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I look at the end result in a project, if it is necessary, I suppose. For example, a project for psychology class would be seen in the terms of the grade achieved, but a personal research project, such as personality studies, would be seen in the terms of my general knowledge and subsequent application of it. Personally, I don't try to generally control my outcome too much, I just do whatever I think is necessary to accomplish my goal and that is all.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Fun, for me is being able to have an interesting debate or discussion with someone without that feeling of being held back by anyone or anything, which means I would naturally follow back to my last debate tournament. My memory of it is snippets of the second debate placed in a strange order but with a good feeling attached to it, the feeling of YESYESYES when I found out I broke, and the feeling of disappointment when I lost, with a few words here and there.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)?

I tend to theorize a lot, as my understanding of something relies on my ability to sort it into a concept. I tend to accept new information readily if the information interests me, but if it seems stagnant and boring, I close myself off and REFUSE to work with it. I like discussion and debate, especially if it's a particularly interesting idea, and the feeling of immersing oneself into the stream of knowledge is worth it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Organization? Well....I suppose I organize everything in my head, but outside of my head, I am purely chaotic. I'm very good at planning and adapting when in need to be, but I suck at keeping anything together outside of my head. Everything looks completely messy, yet I know where they are and have a method to look in the chaos. I still have a problem with keeping things together, but still, I would say I am pretty organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I judge ideas on the basis of how much sense it makes. If it works, I build the framework there and put in supplanting information that will either work or not work. I'm not a person to trust blindly, nor am I a person who subjectivizes any information I am given, so I would say I judge new theories by carefully screening them and supporting them if they make sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony in the fact that everyone is fine and follows their individual beliefs, yet functions as a given whole of their choice. Basically, everyone, but everyone being themselves in their groups.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I can switch from thinking before speaking and speaking before thinking, but I suppose I do better allowing my speech to flow before my thought accompanies me. I'm pretty okay with either one-to-one and group discussions, but I would say that I very slightly prefer one-to-one communication to group discussions, but for the most part, would say "it depends".

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I carefully plan out what I want, when I want, how I want directly before leaping. I probably carefully plot how I plan everything, and I end up executing my plan quickly. Personally, I like to see action, but i prefer words for some reason. It just seems better to know that you can trust someone that much.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I would first assess if it was a new episode or a rerun. If it was a rerun, I am available. If it was a show, I would keep in note to record the show. Next, I would decide on the importance of the night out and asking what events were going to happen. If they were interesting enough, I would go, and if not, I go back to doing whatever I was doing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I'm extremely hypersensitive when I'm stressed, so I will blow up, get angry for a little bit, and then I will burst into tears of some sort, and then basically feel horrid and sad and stuff. I'm assuming inferior Feeling because of the fact that I feel horrible and act extremely emotional, but I'm not sure.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

The first thing that gets me is prejudice of ANY SORT. After that is stupidity, and illogical methods of thoughts. Following that is any sort of unfairness that exists in general, so I suppose I dislike the "traditional white sheep" and prefer the "future minded black sheep". It's funny, because I don't necessarily have a dislike for a person, but if they show that they are someone I cannot "like" or "be neutral" with, I will dislike, because what other criteria is left? I try my best not to let prejudice blind me and my beliefs, but I truly wonder.....what would lead me to truly hate someone?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I suppose I like talking about interesting topics, as in the topics that make you think hard. Deep conversations, intellectual stimulation, and the end result- application. Information as a whole is useless if you cannot use it, like a theory that is simply analyzed with no other purpose, or an idea not implemented. I do get way off topic sometimes, and I have some problems with randomly thinking something and laughing all of a sudden, so I like talking to people who understand that.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Anything extremely materialistic, like the type of clothes I wear or what Stacey did yesterday. I dislike shallow people intensely, and that reflects in my life, in which I pay the least attention to. I'm also annoyed at small talk, and will go out of my way to avoid it. Idiocy follows after, and people who do nothing but follow will be pushed down, simply because of the fact that I cannot stand that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends perceive me as that weird, loud, and smart kid with a logic obsession and a massive problem with keeping things together who should never be given sugary substances of any kind because of his ADHD: basically an ENTx. They would never say I am shy, good with details, or emotional, because I am not. They think I am always loud, I am not. They think I am always logical, I am not. What they don't realize, is that I am more than I seem, and if they look beyond my bravado and my logic, they will encounter a soft, gooey core that is fragile at its best.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would like to be able to have fun and spend time with a small group of people who understand me as much as I understand them, which is a lot. Basically, have lots of fun, share a ton of inside jokes, and have the best deep conversations ever, which means I am an extrovert but a slight extrovert.

-I'm a teenager in a small high school that has college classes.

-I have a 5-10 close friends, but our class is generally close as it is a ninety student class at the high school.

-My best friend, I suppose, is an INTJ. Our relationship has a very intellectual tone to it, as we both dislike small talk. He's obsessed with English-related subjects, and is proficient at practically everything he tries, and I'm the psychology-obsessed person who loves to analyze people and has a large mass of general knowledge.

-Going on the psychology obsession thing, I LOVE LOVE the topic of Jungian Psychology, which would be specifically how a person thinks, how they're going to act, and where to trace their habits. The sheer feeling of knowing appears the moment I "get into their heads", and it's fun linking everything into a single rational cause, like a mind-map of sorts.

-The other fun part about psychology would probably be the fact that I can solve people's problems with a little bit of the analysis I do. For an example, a ISFJ friend of mine and her group (which was composed of said ISFJ, ESFJ, 2 INTPs, and 2 INFPs) had issues of sorts, and to be honest, I felt like I had more fun TRYING to follow what I could come up with, and just understanding but not just that, understanding what I want to do and using it to help other people solve their lives.

-For perceiving things, I have this weird thing I use in my head to think and understand concepts. Whenever I see something, I sort of look and start thinking, mulling for any thought, and a bunch of connections appear. Like, the connections of sorts isn't really about what I remember intimately, from it, but it seems more like a distant echo. The is my thought process:

"distant echo attached with a weird disembodied feeling-> *ness death scream from SSBB* -> piano piece -> weird impression of a garden...like a picture of it and it's kinda there but it's not ugh so frustrated -> swelling up and an angry person picture> BURN lyrics -> back to piano piece -> slenderman o.o" ->slenderman isn't real duh -> why the ness screams ->what if screams are good things -> ice cream lol -> makes me sound like a damn Instagram hipster -> Instagram hipsters are actually good for society because it induces connection -> connection means more people happy -> Instagram is for hedonistic pleasure -> since the majority of people LOVE LOVE detail, Instagram is popular because it allows people to snap a detail into a person's life! ->picture of a bunch of connected pictures appears and the puzzle is somewhat solved."

The weird thing is that I segue from one thought to another one, and I can only see one conclusion since my thoughts are like, line by line except images and stuff interrupt it. I can glean new conclusions, but I CAN ONLY VIEW ONE AT A TIME. My thought process, I feel, is random as heck, and most of the time, I use words to focus my thoughts. Pictures normally accompany the thought as a representation of what I want to think, leading to translation from picture -> English, and it's weird because sometimes I know the thought before it's even created, but if I lean too heavily on that kind of thought, I feel so confused because it's like knowing but not knowing at the same time and I need to know what my thoughts are so I can carefully think, otherwise the translation from mind to English is ridiculously difficult.

-Judging things, I think, is just basically how you look at it.

Like, you can say A, but if someone defines A, you're narrowly trapped on that viewpoint, so you need to diversify, right? However, I just know that I have to look at the facts first because they're impartial after all, and impartiality is a good judge. The one thing I never never do is to actually judge something based on what someone says, because I want to look at the statistics, determine whether or not it can be trusted, and form my own perception based on something...like something important that's there but not there..in a misty cloud of sorts. It's kind of like picking the data, shaping it to mold a perspective, but changing it when it doesn't suit your needs.

For example, when I realized that I probably wasn't an a ENTP, I shaped the perspective. First, I took out the association that ENTP -> Me, and then I latched it onto an ENTP friend of mine. Next, I took my association, clicked it with xNTx firmly, and then sent it drifting. It's kind of weird, but for some reason, I'm good at bending a perspective to fit what it SHOULD BE and in a way, I think I'm like the avatar of my mind, and that I'm supposed to actively shape my thought process to fit like a world of sorts.

However, the one thing I actively avoid is to keep a thought process detrimental to me or to define my existence as a single subject, and I feel like that's why I conflict the most with my classmates and their thought that "oh...Band/Makeup/Game is my life", and I feel as if I actively push myself towards being a person that stands alone, trusting nothing as a determiner but being powerful enough to be someone to trust, to guide, to influence, to shape, and to prove competence to.

-I'm kind of unemotional, but yet completely emotional. Most of the time, I tend to be somewhat collected and calm, but there is always a small shell inside of me that tends to be extremely, ridiculously emotional and everything. Not too sure why though, but it seems really selfish of sorts, and the shell has a childlike vigor of sorts.

-I have ADHD, which is supposed to mean I have strong Pe. I'm different under my medicine and out of my medicine, but the main traits are still there.

-Under my medication, I tend to be more introverted, just simply because it helps me control things. I tend to like to hang in the shadows, and quietly mull anything and everything. My thoughts are less scattered and more focused, so most of my major thoughts and actual plans come out of this state. However, the medicated state has one weakness, in which it cannot get me completely energized, which means that I will have less motivation to work on things.

-Outside of my medication or when I simply am energized enough, my presence is a really strong one. On Thursday, I participated in a CX debate in front of the class, and after I viewed the evidence, I was burning with energy. What happened next was me just basically loudly and efficiently cutting down their points and aggressively backing our points. It tends to be a bad thing until it turns out to be a good thing, because I can plan but I need to focus and once I focus, it is done. I find that on my medicine, sensory data is a bit harder to follow, but at least it isn't distracting as well.

-As a kid, I was loud, ambitious, and organized. My parents told me that as a kid, I would organize everything into color, was extremely energetic, liked to research, always had a plan of some sort, and was crushed into tiny little pieces whenever my plans failed. I also had the tendency to want to read all the books in the classroom if I could, and I was extremely goal oriented.​

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're highly self critical, possibly critical in general. Motivated and goal oriented. Conflict oriented. You're concerned with the usefulness of others in what seems like a gamma-esq way. You value idividuality. You don't seem to let your intellectual disagreements with others dictate your relationship with them. Your willingness to go "eye-for-eye" also seems to speak to the sort of harsh judgements gamma types can make. You clearly are somewhat of a workhorse, and are able to exude effort at will but seem to lack a detailed vision of how that effort will pay off, despite the fact that you're sure it will.

I would lean towards SEE, but would accept SLE as a nice second choice. Beyond that the Se creative types tie for third. I doubt any alpha/delta type is the case.

Read this
    Http://techhouse.org/~nietzsche/see.html
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the Quadras description, I can say with pretty much certainty that I am some kind of Gamma type, because of the fact that I definitely related to that. I'm pretty sure I'm an MBTI ENTJ though, as the signs are indeed that glaringly obvious. However, the types that I relate to the most in Socionics are the LIE and the SEE, simply because I see myself in the descriptions of both types. So, i think what I will try to do is to read up specific information on each type to see what type i really am, because I relate to MBTI Te very much, which is both a combination of Socionics and . MBTI Ni is definitely something i also relate to, as I do tend to break down ideas to its barest parts, and look for global information from personal insight,as well as think ahead for aftereffects. The issue is, it's not normally apparent because all my actions are based on what i think the best course of actions is, yet i cannot discern what functions work from that, since the MBTI to Socionics conversion is definitely a hard conversion. I suppose i'll look into the POLRs to see what i relate to more.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seare825 View Post
    After reading the Quadras description, I can say with pretty much certainty that I am some kind of Gamma type, because of the fact that I definitely related to that. I'm pretty sure I'm an MBTI ENTJ though, as the signs are indeed that glaringly obvious. However, the types that I relate to the most in Socionics are the LIE and the SEE, simply because I see myself in the descriptions of both types. So, i think what I will try to do is to read up specific information on each type to see what type i really am, because I relate to MBTI Te very much, which is both a combination of Socionics and . MBTI Ni is definitely something i also relate to, as I do tend to break down ideas to its barest parts, and look for global information from personal insight,as well as think ahead for aftereffects. The issue is, it's not normally apparent because all my actions are based on what i think the best course of actions is, yet i cannot discern what functions work from that, since the MBTI to Socionics conversion is definitely a hard conversion. I suppose i'll look into the POLRs to see what i relate to more.
    You're best bet is going to be to drop the conversion altogether. I can tell you a million different ways that's a bad idea that will lead to a confused understanding in the future, the near future if you move as fast as I think you do, and you're gonna hear a lot of it around here from the people who've been around a while anyway.

So to skip to an explanatory anecdote, do you speak any other languages? Or take any language courses? You ever notice how it's so much easier to speak and learn the language once you stop trying to convert it to your native one and just start to let it flow, expanding your vocabulary with new words and definitions? That's exactly how this is going to work. You can convert, but it's going to retard your progress.

What's the deal with your use of the term underdeveloped emotional intelligence though? You used it like three times. I printed off all this at work so I could scribble notes in the margins and it crops up a lot.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...the underdeveloped emotional intelligence comes from the fact that I tend to either use my emotions in a somewhat unhealthy manner if i get stressed(aka not dealing with things the right way and either brooding, yelling, screaming, or crying) and my lack of understanding of emotions, myself and others' as well, hence the emotional intelligence portion. I'm hoping i can fix this with time, but it depends on my growth in general, as compared to other people in my life.

I'm still a little confused though, but i guess i could drop the idea of conversion. I'm just worried there are too many differences between MBTI and Socionics, i mean, do MBTI ENTJs get typed as LIE, SLE, or what? Socionics and MBTI are indeed different systems, so i should reset my general knowledge and reset the system.

Anyways, as far as I understand:

: Thinking of efficiency, as understanding the external activity of objects, manipulating them into universally understood practical logic
    : Thinking of systems, as in understanding logical consistency, manipulating them into subjective understandings.
    : Feeling of others, as in understanding others, their feeling, manipulating them into universal ethics.
    : Feeling of oneself, as in understanding one's emotional state and subjective opinion on something, manipulating them into subjective meaning.
    : Sensing of the outside world, manifesting in control, power , as well as a detailed understanding of outer sensory stimuli
    : Sensing of the inner world, manifesting in focus on the body, and a detailed understanding of internal sensations to the point on being able to experience them in full detail.
    : iNtuiting of the outer world, manifesting in the creation of ideas, and a detailed understanding of possibilities, whether in oneself or the outside world.
    : iNtuiting of the inner world, manifesting in internal mental imagery, and a detailed understanding of cause-effect, whether in the past, present, or future.

Looking at all eight, I feel like I relate with , , and the most, tbh. If there was a "Slytherin" function (aka a function that focused on cunning, manipulaton, and careful exertion of force to gain full effect, rather than blindly taking action), that would be my function. However, I do feel like there's still iNtuition in me, because I do tend to play with possibilities and ideas (though it's more of a careful manipulation of them to get the right effects) and i think rather globally, absorb concepts like a sponge to water, despise memorization, and am horrid at keeping through with detail, especially keeping up with my physical state. Yeah, I'm weird, I know xD

And you actually print the questionnaires out? Wow! What dedication. But no seriously, thank you SO MUCH for the help.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the seeming similarities in the MBTI/Socionics personality metrics the two codify and create meaning in entriely different ways. However MBTI ENTJs do trend towards SLE in socionics. I forget the actual numbers but it's something like 17-23% of ENTJs end up as SLEs in socionics, and people tend to use stats like that as a way to ignore the other 80% which is aggrevating to watch. Either way I'm not really the guy to talk to about this sort of thing, @Narc seems to be a somewhat worthwhile statsman, or you could just make a new thread asking about it, a lot of people on this forum are good at digging up the sort of graphs and charts you'd be looking for. I'd treat it all as novel information.

Can't fill a cup that's already full. Just use two cups.

You seem to have a workable grasp of the information elements. Some of the facets are typically overemphasized due to your MBTI background, sensory stimuli in socionics tends to be more associated with Si than Se though it's important to note that in socionics an Se leading type would be adept at, and have strong Si, they just wouldn't value that sort of informational input from others. Same sort of thing with all the other information elements too. Which could explain why you empathize with both Te and Ti, people tend "value" their demonstrative function more than their ignoring.

Unfortunately there isn't a Slytherin function in socionics, there's only the gamma quadra lol Depends on who you ask though, errybody takes their Harry Potter super ceral up in here.

As for your type, I don't see anything wrong with LIE, you remind me a lot of a close friend who I suspect is LIE. I decided to put the SEE typing forward first though because I can support that a little better than a sort of pseudo-familiarity that I can't really explain socionicly.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As per the mention, I'll chime in.

You strike me as one of those snobby, narcissistic INTJ Forum posters that thinks they're God's gift to the intellectual world. You're probably an enneagram 3 or 5. You kind of give me the heebie jeebies.

On a more constructive note, if you want to find your Socionics type, ditch the MBTI. If you absolutely must draw from somewhere, use Jung, but realise that there will still be differences between Jung and Socionics.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*chuckles* Like I said, everyone bites.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Despite the seeming similarities in the MBTI/Socionics personality metrics the two codify and create meaning in entriely different ways. However MBTI ENTJs do trend towards SLE in socionics. I forget the actual numbers but it's something like 17-23% of ENTJs end up as SLEs in socionics, and people tend to use stats like that as a way to ignore the other 80% which is aggrevating to watch. Either way I'm not really the guy to talk to about this sort of thing, @Narc seems to be a somewhat worthwhile statsman, or you could just make a new thread asking about it, a lot of people on this forum are good at digging up the sort of graphs and charts you'd be looking for. I'd treat it all as novel information.

Can't fill a cup that's already full. Just use two cups.

You seem to have a workable grasp of the information elements. Some of the facets are typically overemphasized due to your MBTI background, sensory stimuli in socionics tends to be more associated with Si than Se though it's important to note that in socionics an Se leading type would be adept at, and have strong Si, they just wouldn't value that sort of informational input from others. Same sort of thing with all the other information elements too. Which could explain why you empathize with both Te and Ti, people tend "value" their demonstrative function more than their ignoring.

Unfortunately there isn't a Slytherin function in socionics, there's only the gamma quadra lol Depends on who you ask though, errybody takes their Harry Potter super ceral up in here.

As for your type, I don't see anything wrong with LIE, you remind me a lot of a close friend who I suspect is LIE. I decided to put the SEE typing forward first though because I can support that a little better than a sort of pseudo-familiarity that I can't really explain socionicly.
    After thinking about it last night, I'm pretty sure i have it limited to either LIE, SEE, or SLE. I feel like I'm more Gamma than Beta, to be honest, so i feel like the main types we should put into consideration is SEE and LIE. Both types share one common quality, they both share Se and Te pretty close in their stack (one's dominant is the other's activating, vice versa.)

So, I decided to limit that by searching up hidden agenda...and lo and behold, Se Hidden Agenda apparently appears in most LIEs wanting financial independence (a goal of mine), the tendency to be too overconfident or optimistic at times (a problem of mine), needing a push to complete smaller tasks (another problem), unrealistic about the amount of effort put in projects (happens, either ending up in me not finishing it on time, or simply being unable to get it done), and valuing capable/strong people (yep).

I then looked up the Si PoLR function, and an explanation for that was that Si PoLR is when an individual "is far less adept than, say, an SLI or ESE at accurately being able to recognise their internal sensations in how said sensations relate to their environment i.e. how certain pleasures make them feel.", and this does manifest in me, especially in both my disgustingly horrid fashion sense, very little care for food, and horrible driving (my friends called me the "crazy chinese driver" lol). So, I THINK I am an LIE, but I'm not sure, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    As per the mention, I'll chime in.

You strike me as one of those snobby, narcissistic INTJ Forum posters that thinks they're God's gift to the intellectual world. You're probably an enneagram 3 or 5. You kind of give me the heebie jeebies.

On a more constructive note, if you want to find your Socionics type, ditch the MBTI. If you absolutely must draw from somewhere, use Jung, but realise that there will still be differences between Jung and Socionics.
    Sadly, I have never posted on the INTJ forums. Uh...I have a tritype of either 863 or 853...can't tell if I'm 5w6 or 6w5, and I think I've limited my socionics type to 3 different possibilities: LIE, SEE, or SLE. It's a little hard to adjust to the newness of Socionics, but i think I'll make.

*chuckles* Like I said, everyone bites.
    Yup! Some bark, some bite.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough man, if it works for you I don't have any complaints at all with either SEE or LIE. I would watch out for any reference to finances or business in socionics, they're overemphasized and worth completely ignoring. How many people do you know that would say "I want to get an allowance from my wife for the rest of my life?"

It's forer effect to a certain degree. Watch out for descriptions of Si strong types as susie homemakers too. Not exactly forer effect in that regard, but similarly worthless and over emphasized.

Beyond that there's still a lot of overlap between activator pairs. For example good luck finding an SEE who isn't over confident and overly optimistic, prone to bouts of depression and being self critical, and the rest can really flow from that.

So, perhaps lets talk about one of the fun parts of socionics. Intertypes. Which type more appeals as a dual, ILI or ESI?
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough man, if it works for you I don't have any complaints at all with either SEE or LIE. I would watch out for any reference to finances or business in socionics, they're overemphasized and worth completely ignoring. How many people do you know that would say "I want to get an allowance from my wife for the rest of my life?"

It's forer effect to a certain degree. Watch out for descriptions of Si strong types as susie homemakers too. Not exactly forer effect in that regard, but similarly worthless and over emphasized.

Beyond that there's still a lot of overlap between activator pairs. For example good luck finding an SEE who isn't over confident and overly optimistic, prone to bouts of depression and being self critical, and the rest can really flow from that.

So, perhaps lets talk about one of the fun parts of socionics. Intertypes. Which type more appeals as a dual, ILI or ESI?

Ah, I got the memo.

in regards to duality, I see Gamma pairs as what one would consider "power couples", in comparison to the others. Now, comparing ESI and ILI is no real contest: ILI for an intellectual mate but ESI for a complete mate. While I admire ILIs for their sheer awesomeness, I feel as if I would prefer an ESI to show me the "balance of power", deal with details, open that special reserve of feelings, and push me back into control as I plan for the future, gain the knowledge, and play politics. It would be incredible, with two equals working in unison to protect ALL angles of attack.

My question is...how applicable is duality in real life? I've heard duality is the best, but hard to spot...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time Braid by ShaperV”, which is a Naruto fanfiction that involves time loops, kami, and some dark squicky stuff I cannot help but like because I want my stories to reflect the cynical nature of the world yet stick some extremely interesting concepts.
    Entertaining. I really think that the writer is Pavel Shumil. If not really then effectively. I guess this would have been a recommendation if his official work where translated from russian.

As for your type I agree with JWC3 - SEE most likely.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question is...how applicable is duality in real life? I've heard duality is the best, but hard to spot...
    It depends on who you ask. It's similarly exagerated to make a point. My closest friend is ILI however there have certainly been ILIs on this forum who I actively despised. I believe it's @InvisibleJim who likes to say "Duality just dictates ease of communication, not that you're going to like what you hear."
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@InvisibleJim While we're talking about it what exactly do you mean by ease of communication? Like no awkward pauses sort of thing?
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@InvisibleJim While we're talking about it what exactly do you mean by ease of communication? Like no awkward pauses sort of thing?
    Often when people communicate the other person misinterprets into an alternate context.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Often when people communicate the other person misinterprets into an alternate context.
    Sure, but I feel like this is something I observe more than I experience. Or at the very least something I experience seldomly. Perhaps I'm not interacting with my opposing quadra enough?
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but I feel like this is something I observe more than I experience. Or at the very least something I experience seldomly. Perhaps I'm not interacting with my opposing quadra enough?
    Everyone thinks they understand everything perfectly first time (of course) that's how the mind works; but everyone has lapses of understanding and fills the gaps with MacGuffins.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Everyone thinks they understand everything perfectly first time (of course) that's how the mind works; but everyone has lapses of understanding and fills the gaps with MacGuffins.
    That or I'm the chosen one!

The bullets represent misunderstanding.

Ok I'm done being silly and off topic now.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have two series of questions, just as a confirmation question.

First, are SEEs generally intellectual/tend to want knowledge ? Do non-materialistic SEEs exist? Do SEEs plan for the future? I mean, i tend to be intellectual, future planning, and minimalist, so i'm not sure if i relate to SEE other than the power commanding that they hold.

Second, are LIEs powerful in terms of presence? Are LIEs lazy-ish? I'm not always efficient, tend to have a (somewhat) strong willpower and presence, and everything, so....

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have two series of questions, just as a confirmation question.

First, are SEEs generally intellectual/tend to want knowledge ? Do non-materialistic SEEs exist? Do SEEs plan for the future? I mean, i tend to be intellectual, future planning, and minimalist, so i'm not sure if i relate to SEE other than the power commanding that they hold.

Second, are LIEs powerful in terms of presence? Are LIEs lazy-ish? I'm not always efficient, tend to have a (somewhat) strong willpower and presence, and everything, so....
    Behaviorally any type could be materialistic or intellectual. Those aren't necesarily type related traits so much as sterotypes that are incorrectly associated with specific socionic types. Any type could be lazy, any type could do drugs, any type could buy lots of shoes, any type could be outwardly friendly and sociable, ect.

Presence on the other hand is subjective and something you cultivate based on context. How powerful are you here? Do you think other members of this forum perceive you as powerful? Do you have presence at all on this medium? Now compared that to your debate team, or your sports team.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm well-known for my logical prowess, ability to divert student attention so that I am teaching the class, and the variety of contradictory behaviors I appear to have in school. I mean, I feel like the biggest accomplishment I have created in school is my manipulation of others to support a ton of contradictory behaviors, as everyone pretty thinks I'm an ILE. However, I do tend to hide my actual intelligence and usefulness, because despite the fact that I act like a Perceiver, I tend to solve things in the manner of a Judger (doing them last minute with EVERYTHING planned), and have strong goals and everything. As such, my presence gravitates from hyper-logical, to extreme-intellectual, to relaxed-non worrier, culminating in just complete craziness, and chaos. However, if i were to describe the me inside, I would say that I am factual, analytical, and careful....waiting for the right moment to hit hard to break a leverage point. I can either be extremely patient, or extremely impatient, as it is just all a matter of time.

As such, i would probably classify myself as a logical, future-planning, know-it-all who throw wrenches into societal expectations, breaking them with sheer ability alone, causing chaos and establishing order at the exact same timeas I protect the ones closest to me.

Personally, I know for a fact that I have no true power in this forum, because I haven't explored enough yet. However, I feel like if i were to establish a presence, it would probably be something of a "oh, he's intelligent, loud, and tends to interrupt often", kind of presence, because that is normally the reaction I get from others.