Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Some kind of something : need your help to type a lonely soul

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    9pm, that's early! I'm eating dinner at that time!

Yeah, small talk gets easier with time. One learns, also, to gain some fun out of it.

Would you describe yourself as being fairly adaptable?
    I get up at 6.30AM so if I want a sufficient amount of sleep I need to go to bed latest at 10PM 9PM is even better.
    But more often than not I eat my sleep time which forces me to do long long siestas on week end.
    Last week I went to bed at 2AM (went out), needed to be waken up at 12PM otherwise I would have continued my night... Am I narcoleptic?

I am very adaptable. I travelled a lot and lived in different countries.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're narcoleptic. Some people need more sleep than others. I get up at 6:30am too. Have breakfast straight away, digest (on the forums) then exercise. I don't get to bed until after 11pm most nights, due to late mealtimes. If I lived alone I would choose to eat, much, much earlier.

You gave me the impression of being adaptable. I have some theories as to your type. I will try to think of the right questions to ask you. One question I'm considering is this: When you go into a new environment, with new people, do you try to change yourself, so that you fit into that new environment? Do you observe and mimic the actions of others, ease yourself into the atmosphere of the new environment, and take the long view?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See Ni valuing to me. I'm leaning towards the beta side judging from the pictures. Maybe sometime I'll actually read this whole post and update.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I don't think you're narcoleptic. Some people need more sleep than others. I get up at 6:30am too. Have breakfast straight away, digest (on the forums) then exercise. I don't get to bed until after 11pm most nights, due to late mealtimes. If I lived alone I would choose to eat, much, much earlier.

You gave me the impression of being adaptable. I have some theories as to your type. I will try to think of the right questions to ask you. One question I'm considering is this: When you go into a new environment, with new people, do you try to change yourself, so that you fit into that new environment? Do you observe and mimic the actions of others, ease yourself into the atmosphere of the new environment, and take the long view?
    I can mold myself to pretty everything, if I want to. At work I am more vivacious than I am at home. I can also barely stay coldly professional with my usual contacts, I like friendly communication. I started to develop friendliness after a couple of months when my contacts got used to my way of working. I am very responsible in my tasks. But being just responsible is not sufficient in my eyes. So I started to establish a kind of cordial connection and thus now I can go very far in negotiating (posponing target dates, accepting difficult cases or even getting usually impossible for other subsidiaries refunds).
    When I do not know people in a gathering, I observe a lot at the beginning, I need to understand the way those persons are communicating between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    See Ni valuing to me. I'm leaning towards the beta side judging from the pictures. Maybe sometime I'll actually read this whole post and update.
    My little left finger whispers that there is no way I can be EIE...aka Fe dom. I do not seriously consider Se aux. either.
    But thanks for dropping by... if ever you have enough courage to read the entire thread... you will get a huge virtual cookie from me

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    I can mold myself to pretty everything, if I want to. At work I am more vivacious than I am at home. I can also barely stay coldly professional with my usual contacts, I like friendly communication. I started to develop friendliness after a couple of months when my contacts got used to my way of working. I am very responsible in my tasks. But being just responsible is not sufficient in my eyes. So I started to establish a kind of cordial connection and thus now I can go very far in negotiating (posponing target dates, accepting difficult cases or even getting usually impossible for other subsidiaries refunds).
    When I do not know people in a gathering, I observe a lot at the beginning, I need to understand the way those persons are communicating between them.
    So, from this I gather your primary mode is observation. Introversion, then, is most likely. You seem to be using creatively, in a chameleon like manner. Whereas an EIE would prefer to use to influence the emotional states of others/how members of a group feel towards something, you prefer to use it much more subtly, dipping into to it to help you achieve longer term goals.

Do you find this "coldly professional" manner uncomfortable--unnatural for you?

My little left finger whispers that there is no way I can be EIE...aka Fe dom. I do not seriously consider Se aux. either.
    But thanks for dropping by... if ever you have enough courage to read the entire thread... you will get a huge virtual cookie from me
    Don't trust everything your left finger tells you. The Italians don't call it sinistra for nothing. It may be right on this time, though.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 04-28-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

So, from this I gather your primary mode is observation. Introversion, then, is most likely. You seem to be using creatively, in a chameleon like manner. Whereas an EIE would prefer to use to influence the emotional states of others/how members of a group feel towards something, you prefer to use it much more subtly, dipping into to it to help you achieve longer term goals.

Do you find this "coldly professional" manner uncomfortable--unnatural for you?
    I would say yes. The field I work in is very tough, a lot of unpredictable stress... people tend to have outbursts easily.. we never know how many hassles we will get during the day, sometimes it goes up to 1M euros failure, so I just make it a bit more funny around.
    I know that my colleagues appreciate me for the positive mind-set and my assertive side. I like the shit to be done efficiently, quickly and in a funny atmosphere.
    I am a lot more gloomy at home with my close ones. My SO calls me kaleidoscope or a "can be everything thing"

Don't trust everything your left finger tells you. The Italians don't call it sinistra for nothing. It may be right on this time, though.
    Oh, ciao bella, parla Italiano?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yes. The field I work in is very tough, a lot of unpredictable stress... people tend to have outbursts easily.. we never know how many hassles we will get during the day, sometimes it goes up to 1M euros failure, so I just make it a bit more funny around.
    I know that my colleagues appreciate me for the positive mind-set and my assertive side. I like the shit to be done efficiently, quickly and in a funny atmosphere.
    I am a lot more gloomy at home with my close ones. My SO calls me kaleidoscope or a "can be everything thing"
    Maintaining sense of camaraderie and good spirit---all very , I think. Work is much easier, and happens so much more efficiently, in a pleasant atmosphere. It boosts serotonin levels in the brain. Do you often tell jokes? I make sure I tell an average of one a day. It's a public service.

Variety is good in everything, I've always said. I'm sure your close ones will not begrudge you your gloominess.

Oh, ciao bella, parla Italiano?
    La bellezza è la soggettività. Ho imparato attraverso la musica.

What is your mother tongue?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Maintaining sense of camaraderie and good spirit---all very , I think. Work is much easier, and happens so much more efficiently, in a pleasant atmosphere. It boosts serotonin levels in the brain. Do you often tell jokes? I make sure I tell an average of one a day. It's a public service.

Variety is good in everything, I've always said. I'm sure your close ones will not begrudge you your gloominess.

La bellezza è la soggettività. Ho imparato attraverso la musica.

What is your mother tongue?
    I do value pleasant atmosphere but sometimes human stupidity can make me lose my temper
    Then I become quite callous and sarcastic. But jokes are my nature when between people, by the way they often ask me if I ate a clown for my breakfast.
    Well for my gloominess, I am said either being reserved or too much cerebral. I am working on it all...

For my mother tongue, a very long story, bella ragazza... forse un giorno...
    I are very nice to talk to... I really appreciate.
    Last edited by Persephone; 04-29-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typo

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more complicated than that
    I am OK with strong opinions disrupting social harmony. Sometimes I am too much harsh in my way of speaking and I can't stand faky small talks. But due to some life experience I am very sensitive to violence, of any nature. That's why social norms are important to me, somehow it's connected in my eyes.

I am rarely infatuated. But when I am, this is something so extraordinary, that I am clearly a soppy little thing. I just do everything to hide it.
    I am very romantic in the very bottom of myself but I do not like to show it.
    Ding Dong!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do value pleasant atmosphere but sometimes human stupidity can make me lose my temper
    Then I become quite callous and sarcastic. But jokes are my nature when between people, by the way they often ask me if I ate a clown for my breakfast.
    Well for my gloominess, I am said either being reserved or too much cerebral. I am working on it all...

For my mother tongue, a very long story, bella ragazza... forse un giono...
    I are very nice to talk to... I really appreciate.
    Patience is a finite thing. Stupidity is infinite.

Isn't that a German saying...?: Hast du einen Clown gefrüstückt? That must play havoc with your digestive system. How would you describe your humour?

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not a failing.

What is a giono? I'm not familiar with the word. Do you speak other languages?

You're very kind.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Come in, it's open!

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Patience is a finite thing. Stupidity is infinite.

Isn't that a German saying...?: Hast du einen Clown gefrüstückt? That must play havoc with your digestive system. How would you describe your humour?

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not a failing.

What is a giono? I'm not familiar with the word. Do you speak other languages?

You're very kind.
    Oh a typo, I meant giorno
    I spent a couple of months in Cuba when I was a teen... but forgot almost all of my Spanish since then.

My humour can be quite dark, but depends on where I am and on people I am surrounded by.
    Can be a bit of crap talk as well, but what a paradox, I cannot stand vulgarity.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh a typo, I meant giorno
    I spent a couple of months in Cuba when I was a teen... but forgot almost all of my Spanish since then.

My humour can be quite dark, but depends on where I am and on people I am surrounded by.
    Can be a bit of crap talk as well, but what a paradox, I cannot stand vulgarity.
    Oh, I see ... maybe one day... il destino non tiene un orologio.

Wow, Cuba, that's a baptism of fire! Not one of the more conventional holidaying destinations. My Spanish is sparse at best .... uh .... saludos!

My humour ranges from dry to zany. It takes darker turns when my mood allows. In the past I have used humour in the most inappropriate of situations. For example, I couldn't stop cracking jokes while I was in hospital, my lacerated arm oozing and dripping all the time!

But paradoxes are fascinating. They're part of what makes us human. Otherwise we would all be one dimensional, cardboard cut-out stereotypes. But I agree with you on vulgarity.

How long have you been interested in Socionics? What led you to it?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Oh, I see ... maybe one day... il destino non tiene un orologio.

Wow, Cuba, that's a baptism of fire! Not one of the more conventional holidaying destinations. My Spanish is sparse at best .... uh .... saludos!

My humour ranges from dry to zany. It takes darker turns when my mood allows. In the past I have used humour in the most inappropriate of situations. For example, I couldn't stop cracking jokes while I was in hospital, my lacerated arm oozing and dripping all the time!

But paradoxes are fascinating. They're part of what makes us human. Otherwise we would all be one dimensional, cardboard cut-out stereotypes. But I agree with you on vulgarity.

How long have you been interested in Socionics? What led you to it?
    I am indeed joking in a lot of inappropriate situations... but if I am joking it means I need to so it becomes very quickly appropriate in my head
    I now what it's like to joke about death while nurses are trying to stop excessive bleeding.

Cuba was fantastic. Made me discover a lot of things and a different mentality.

I have been digging in typology since over 6 months, nothing compared to others.
    I am very into psychology and personal development, discovered Jung while browsing, as many of us here I think.
    Nobody is really interested in around me, so I am making my own path through Internet.
    And you?..

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am indeed joking in a lot of inappropriate situations... but if I am joking it means I need to so it becomes very quickly appropriate in my head
    I now what it's like to joke about death while nurses are trying to stop excessive bleeding.

Cuba was fantastic. Made me discover a lot of things and a different mentality.

I have been digging in typology since over 6 months, nothing compared to others.
    I am very into psychology and personal development, discovered Jung while browsing, as many of us here I think.
    Nobody is really interested in around me, so I am making my own path through Internet.
    And you?..
    I have the same feeling of being alone in my interests. One has to tread far to find like-minded people. I've been really into typology for nearly a year, starting with MBTI (which I ultimately found unsatisfying). Psychology is own of my most cherished subjects.

Oh no. You haven't had a similar, gruesome experience, have you? Mine happened when I was only 15. A shard of glass cut through my forearm. I had 17 stitches.

Communism is a wholly different world-view. It must have been a culture shock.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I have the same feeling of being alone in my interests. One has to tread far to find like-minded people. I've been really into typology for nearly a year, starting with MBTI (which I ultimately found unsatisfying). Psychology is own of my most cherished subjects.

Oh no. You haven't had a similar, gruesome experience, have you? Mine happened when I was only 15. A shard of glass cut through my forearm. I had 17 stitches.

Communism is a wholly different world-view. It must have been a culture shock.
    Let me introduce 16 perfect boxes we need to put everybody in.
    Congratulations, you are now familiar with MBTI

I do not remember how many slitches I got but the experience was ...incredible.
    We are good friends with Death. From time to time she gives me a call and a reminder that I will end up somewhere rotten by worms.
    Do you still remember that salted blood smell? Probably it's too private, pardon me if I did break your privacy...

I wasn't shocked by Cuba, it was so fascinating and ... special ... Cubans are obsessed by white people with clear eyes.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me introduce 16 perfect boxes we need to put everybody in.
    Congratulations, you are now familiar with MBTI

I do not remember how many slitches I got but the experience was ...incredible.
    We are good friends with Death. From time to time she gives me a call and a reminder that I will end up somewhere rotten by worms.
    Do you still remember that salted blood smell? Probably it's too private, pardon me if I did break your privacy...

I wasn't shocked by Cuba, it was so fascinating and ... special ... Cubans are obsessed by white people with clear eyes.
    That's it! >> What's that? I'm a angelic being, shooting mystical psychic beams out of my eyes? I must be INFJ!

How old were you when it happened? Death can call me on my work number (shhh, I don't have one).

Oh, but that was not all. The minute I was born, my umbilical cord tried to end my fledgling life. I was strangled by it, meaning oxygen was being cut off to my brain. I must have brain damage....

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think you are IEI.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

That's it! >> What's that? I'm a angelic being, shooting mystical psychic beams out of my eyes? I must be INFJ!

How old were you when it happened? Death can call me on my work number (shhh, I don't have one).

Oh, but that was not all. The minute I was born, my umbilical cord tried to end my fledgling life. I was strangled by it, meaning oxygen was being cut off to my brain. I must have brain damage....
    Do you cry diamonds, too?
    Do people ask you if you are sane since your brain damage?..
    If yes, come and give me a hug

The very first time was at birth. A very fast delivery, my mother had nobody around to help her immediately with.
    Then I was 20 when my lovely friend called me for the first conscious time. Then once at 30 and again at 31... then 2 months ago.
    She is getting pretty clingy, I hate clingy people..

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think you are IEI.
    Thank you for your visit
    As usually, I will ask.. why?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1. You look like IEI's I've know
    2. You talk like them.
    3. You probably walk like them.
    4. You must be one of them.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I cry pearl drops. I can't afford lose diamonds.

People ask me if I am sane anyway! Brain damage doesn't come into it. Seriously though, its just conjecture.

Does that still count as a hug? Or half-a-hug?

We both seem to have had rather inauspicious beginnings. What happened? Is this a recurring thing?

By the way, I think you're IEI, as well.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

1. You look like IEI's I've know
    2. You talk like them.
    3. You probably walk like them.
    4. You must be one of them.
    1. Nice
    2. Nice
    3. Nice
    4. Nice
    But quite subjective

5. Thanks you made me smile

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No, I cry pearl drops. I can't afford lose diamonds.

People ask me if I am sane anyway! Brain damage doesn't come into it. Seriously though, its just conjecture.

Does that still count as a hug? Or half-a-hug?

We both seem to have had rather inauspicious beginnings. What happened? Is this a recurring thing?

By the way, I think you're IEI, as well.
    Hugs are compulsory in your case. At least twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed

I will PM you next week when I'll have more time and will be alone and focused to share a bit what happened...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugs are compulsory in your case. At least twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed

I will PM you next week when I'll have more time and will be alone and focused to share a bit what happened...
    I'm afraid the two hugs a day rule will have to be broken today. I'm ill and contagious. There is a kilometre exclusion zone around me. Inter-dimensional cosmic hugs are permitted, though.

I'm looking forward to hearing your story.

What do you say to IEI? Do you relate to descriptions of ?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok I filled the 14 page questionnaire and sent it to Meged. Normally I will have a video typing session with her soon, so I will inform you all about the outcome.
    If you are interested, of course
    i'm curious, have you sought type verifications from any other socionist besides meged? i've heard that school of system socionics offers type evaluations, however the feedback was that they have a long queue

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1. Nice
    2. Nice
    3. Nice
    4. Nice
    But quite subjective

5. Thanks you made me smile

It has it's objective components too and a certain level of consistency. If you happen to search for your type say for like a year, you might be EIE as well, this is something that has been noted by various Socionists(not sure who but I've read some excerpts about EIE and their identity seeking ways) including myself.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    i'm curious, have you sought type verifications from any other socionist besides meged? i've heard that school of system socionics offers type evaluations, however the feedback was that they have a long queue
    No typing elsewhere.
    I'll take a look at this school, thanks for the idea.

It has it's objective components too and a certain level of consistency. If you happen to search for your type say for like a year, you might be EIE as well, this is something that has been noted by various Socionists(not sure who but I've read some excerpts about EIE and their identity seeking ways) including myself.
    I am new to socionics.
    6 months of typology in total.
    I have always thought I was an NT temperament.
    There is no way I am EIE. I am starting considering a possible option for IEI.
    Thanks anyway

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I'm afraid the two hugs a day rule will have to be broken today. I'm ill and contagious. There is a kilometre exclusion zone around me. Inter-dimensional cosmic hugs are permitted, though.

I'm looking forward to hearing your story.

What do you say to IEI? Do you relate to descriptions of ?
    Sending you a few of positive waves

I would say that I relate more to Ni than to Ne.
    For the rest, need to be focused to reply so will do it later

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No typing elsewhere.
    I'll take a look at this school, thanks for the idea.

I am new to socionics.
    6 months of typology in total.
    I have always thought I was an NT temperament.
    There is no way I am EIE. I am starting considering a possible option for IEI.
    Thanks anyway
    I think I actually read somewhere before (Russian socionics stereotype?) that it's common for IEI to think they are NT since they can identify as highly intellectual. Apparently it happens in particular to IEI men.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I think I actually read somewhere before (Russian socionics stereotype?) that it's common for IEI to think they are NT since they can identify as highly intellectual. Apparently it happens in particular to IEI men.
    Not a stereotype. I am one such IEI. I relate as much to the normal type descriptions as I relate to descriptions of the Pink Fairy Armadillo.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Not a stereotype. I am one such IEI. I relate as much to the normal type descriptions as I relate to descriptions of the Pink Fairy Armadillo.
    This is so huge. Do you want to marry me?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Is there any possibility I might be a man?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so huge. Do you want to marry me?
    Uh, marriage? I hear weddings are rather violent affairs. I'll end up purple-faced with blood streaming from each nostril, and a sword poking through me for good measure. (If you know what I mean...)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impossible.

You don't relate to the generic descriptions either, then? We ought to write our own profile (just for rebels). Or better still, break off and form our own typology. We ought to call it Un-socionics.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Uh, marriage? I hear weddings are rather violent affairs. I'll end up purple-faced with blood streaming from each nostril, and a sword poking through me for good measure. (If you know what I mean...)
    They really are.
    But normally girls are hell of obsessed by the marriage...
    Hum I could have thought you were not an average girl.
    I can relate

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Impossible.

You don't relate to the generic descriptions either, then? We ought to write our own profile (just for rebels). Or better still, break off and form our own typology. We ought to call it Un-socionics.
    I relate to none of the descriptions totally.
    Your suggestion is fantastic, I accept
    I received the accentual diagnostics from Meged. I've got Ne (Dreamer or idea generator) and Ni (Strategist or time intuitor) equally.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They really are.
    But normally girls are hell of obsessed by the marriage...
    Hum I could have thought you were not an average girl.
    I can relate
    You're right. I'm not an average girl. In fact, I'm not a girl at all.
    And don't worry, It's not the first time.
    Aha... Do you watch it then?
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-01-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to none of the descriptions totally.
    Your suggestion is fantastic, I accept
    I received the accentual diagnostics from Meged. I've got Ne (Dreamer or idea generator) and Ni (Strategist or time intuitor) equally.
    Then let me announce the formation of the "World Unsocionics Society", championing unsociability and causing general confusion to everyone else.
    If you are an dom, it would make sense that you would score high in both forms of intuition.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, in a sense there is. Measure the length of your index and ring fingers. If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, you are a more masculine type of woman. You might even be a lesbian!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast