Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: sp/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default sp/sx

“I feel a stupefying pressure under my skin. I want to pierce everything and penetrate as far down as possible. I want to reach the depths of the earth. My love is there, in the place where seeds grow green and roots reach one another, and creation perpetuates itself amidst decay. It’s as if my body were a temporary and transient form of it. I want to reach its source. I want to hang my heart like a ripened fruit on all the branches of the trees.” Forugh Farrokhzad

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sp = earth, ground, plants, dust, coal
    Sx = fire, electricity, lightening
    sp/sx- earthy, down-to-earth, grounding

sp/sx writing style: Comes out as somewhat heavy and gloomy, or cool and detached. Often gives out a suffocating and insular vibe, as if their internal world is wrapped around by an impermeable membrane. Strong sensory impressions designed to awake sexuality. Makes one want to linger on one or two lines forever.

Why are sp/sx's sensitively attuned to their environment?
    -sp/sx's inject sexuality into their surroundings
    sx ---> into ---> sp

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 : 2:30:50 PM
    sp/sx, they are the earthy-underbelly, raw, real. They tend to tracks other peoples' underbellies, too, their hidden parts. sp/sx (and to some degree, sx/sp) has an attraction to 'underbellies' - places where the sun don't shine.

sp/sx also has an inverted narcissism (perhaps distorted exhibitionism is more accurate). There's an impulse to open the raincoat and reveal cancerous lesions covering the torso and genitalia. Festering wounds with a stench. It sometimes seems to be a challenge issued around deep, deep bonding: This is me; How real are you willing to be? Psychic nudity/revelation that, in itself, threatens the sp/sx with self-destruction....or at least social self-destruction, which is part of the distilling process toward the one-to-one uber-bond. There's an element of all that with sx in general but sp/sx, in this mode, prefers it truly organically grotesque, leaving a stain and a scar that's hard to interpret.

Posted - 26 Aug 2011 : 9:37:27 PM
    sp/sx: Imagine a garden-like place where semi-eroticised psycho-emotional nudity is exchanged....two people in an intimate space, sharing the same apple, transferrring saliva and experiencing the cool inside of the fruit together, simultaneously. [This is sexual-second-ness.] ...At the same time, in the jungle of neurotic overemphasis, the boundary between you and other 'animals' is the imperative need, always on alert. The combined stew of these elements creates a certain style of vigilence and agitation.

The sexual energy, because of its underbelly of polar reactivity, smolders and some portion of it eventually sours in the tightly-sealed container (it's not given free flow); the bacteria creates a second burgeoning culture that presses at the seams, swelling with a fever. And because social is last, there's an unintelligence about how it looks from the outside, so 'the problem', in contrast to sp/so irritiability, takes on more offbeat forms, which tends to 'lose people'....without the loss fully registering.

Posted - 15 Aug 2012 : 11:59:30 AM
    Sp/sx always feels like there's a membrane around them. it takes a bit for what you said to sink into them, and when they 'give' you something, it's like that bit has hit their membrane and bounced back at them back and fourth for a while, stewing in itself, before reaching you.

sp/sx has a self-undermining undertow current. That slow slurping sucking sound in the basement. Curls them into themselves, and actually away from outer resources (soc-world). The lack of air makes the pool stagnant; it festers, expands/ferments, gets hotter and hotter.

Sx charged static ping-ponging inside the hard sp shell -- the release valves sealed off by the shell. A pressure cooker. The anger is partly at how the self is diminishing the self -- hollowing out (from the inside) the strength of the sp wall/boundary.

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 9:12:24 PM
    sp/sx is infused with narcissism - sp/so with materialism
    sp/sx wants to infect - sp/so wants to stay clean.
    sp/sx will maintain their own boundaries but will not be as shy as sp/so in transgressing the boundaries of others

Last edited by silke; 01-23-2015 at 05:14 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like it. What do you think of this one? It's Ayn Rand, but whatever, it resonates. Read it as We = I.

"We have followed you," they said, "and we shall follow you wherever you go. If danger threatens you, we shall face it also. If it be death, we shall die with you. You are damned, and we wish to share your damnation."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“Jacques Lacan reminds us, that in sex, each individual is to a large extent on their own, if I can put it that way. Naturally, the other’s body has to be mediated, but at the end of the day, the pleasure will be always your pleasure. Sex separates, doesn’t unite. The fact you are naked and pressing against the other is an image, an imaginary representation. What is real is that pleasure takes you a long way away, very far from the other. What is real is narcissistic, what binds is imaginary. So there is no such thing as a sexual relationship, concludes Lacan. His proposition shocked people since at the time everybody was talking about nothing else but “sexual relationships”. If there is no sexual relationship in sexuality, love is what fills the absence of a sexual relationship.

Lacan doesn’t say that love is a disguise for sexual relationships; he says that sexual relationships don’t exist, that love is what comes to replace that non-relationship. That’s much more interesting. This idea leads him to say that in love the other tries to approach “the being of the other”. In love the individual goes beyond himself, beyond the narcissistic. In sex, you are really in a relationship with yourself via the mediation of the other. The other helps you to discover the reality of pleasure. In love, on the contrary the mediation of the other is enough in itself. Such is the nature of the amorous encounter: you go to take on the other, to make him or her exist with you, as he or she is. It is a much more profound conception of love than the entirely banal view that love is no more than an imaginary canvas painted over the reality of sex.”
    — Alain Badiou, In Praise of Love

@lemontrees

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    “Jacques Lacan reminds us, that in sex, each individual is to a large extent on their own, if I can put it that way. Naturally, the other’s body has to be mediated, but at the end of the day, the pleasure will be always your pleasure. Sex separates, doesn’t unite. The fact you are naked and pressing against the other is an image, an imaginary representation. What is real is that pleasure takes you a long way away, very far from the other. What is real is narcissistic, what binds is imaginary. So there is no such thing as a sexual relationship, concludes Lacan. His proposition shocked people since at the time everybody was talking about nothing else but “sexual relationships”. If there is no sexual relationship in sexuality, love is what fills the absence of a sexual relationship.

Lacan doesn’t say that love is a disguise for sexual relationships; he says that sexual relationships don’t exist, that love is what comes to replace that non-relationship. That’s much more interesting. This idea leads him to say that in love the other tries to approach “the being of the other”. In love the individual goes beyond himself, beyond the narcissistic. In sex, you are really in a relationship with yourself via the mediation of the other. The other helps you to discover the reality of pleasure. In love, on the contrary the mediation of the other is enough in itself. Such is the nature of the amorous encounter: you go to take on the other, to make him or her exist with you, as he or she is. It is a much more profound conception of love than the entirely banal view that love is no more than an imaginary canvas painted over the reality of sex.”
    — Alain Badiou, In Praise of Love

@lemontrees
    Lol. No.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Lol. No.
    No to the quote, or no to associating it with sp/sx?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    So sp/sx is like psychic acne?

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No to the quote, or no to associating it with sp/sx?
    No to the quote and anything that Jacques Lacan has to say.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lets stay on topic. @Galen you ruined that picture for me lol.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets stay on topic. @Galen you ruined that picture for me lol.

I'll find contributions tomorrow

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

these were all pretty weird and/or gross.

except for one that @lungs posted, go figure. that's the only one where i was like "heh"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

“I’ve got a heart that always lands a few cities over.
    I’m trying to make a home and she
    is navigating the highways back to me.
    I don’t define myself by love,
    but by the absence of it,
    like negative space in a painting:
    these are the years I pulled myself up by the roots
    and those are the ones where I dug through my ribcage
    into the meat of my lungs
    looking for dinosaur bones.
    I write my heart letters, sometimes—
    long distance phone calls to my own chest
    just to see if they’re treating her right.
    I ask if the stars where she is
    are more friendly than the unwashed dishes
    in my kitchen sink:
    how they’ve started to look
    like a toothy skyline beneath the faucet moon.
    I’ve spent years feeling like
    the right person under the wrong sky,
    and maybe my meandering heart has got it right.
    Because I am every Sunday morning in the sun:
    the sound of the coffee pot when it runs out of water.
    I’ve got a love so big she goes road tripping without me.
    Because my chest is the size of a medicine cabinet
    with the shelves pulled out,
    and my heart always finds her way back to me,
    even then.
    If healing means I’ve got to set my heart free, a while,
    if it means I’ve got to let her see the world and come back wizened,
    if it means living with my hands pressed to the place
    where she used to be—
    then it will be worth the day she comes home,
    and I open the hinge to my chest and remember
    all the faces, all the love, I have ever known.”
    — Two Towns Over, by Ashe Vernon

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i felt for a while that there is something gross about talking to people you're attracted to. like the speech trivializes and perverts the synergy between you and them. maybe an sp/sx thing.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh shit I found something a while ago that I thought was super sp/sx but I can't remember what it wasssssss

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Amber; 07-24-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

courtesy of Olga T

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Galen; 07-31-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling all sp/sxs for their reaction to this Maria Rainer Rilke quote:

A togetherness between two people is an impossibility, and where it seems, nevertheless, to exist, it is a narrowing, a reciprocal agreement which robs either one party or both of his fullest freedom and development. But, once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole and against a wide sky!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post

A togetherness between two people is an impossibility, and where it seems, nevertheless, to exist, it is a narrowing, a reciprocal agreement which robs either one party or both of his fullest freedom and development. But, once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole and against a wide sky!
    yes yes yesyes.

this isn't something i necessarily love - it doesnt make me feel passionate or anything - but i think its an unavoidable truth and i feel my best and healthiest when i approach relationships with this mindset. and theres comfort in thinking of it as a condition of the human existence and not feeling it as a personal failure at acheiving intimacy (since i feel like theres a lot of messages out there saying you're supposed to be able to mesh with The One or something).

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    i felt for a while that there is something gross about talking to people you're attracted to. like the speech trivializes and perverts the synergy between you and them. maybe an sp/sx thing.
    I had a recent experience like this but my take may be different. I spotted someone in the same place as me and a friend and she had the most amazing smile I have ever seen on a woman.. there was something especially vibrant about her demenour ...something that zinged in me. I didn't talk to her though, I just admired her from afar... and at the end of the night when it was time to go I didn't look back. I wanted to just appreciate the attraction, I didn't want to ruin the fantasy of this perfect moving living being.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds kinda too mushy, you spend time together, do stuff you like, great.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sounds kinda too mushy, you spend time together, do stuff you like, great.
    But if you ignore the hyper-sentimental Fe tinge though and just focus on the content?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you ignore the hyper-sentimental Fe tinge though and just focus on the content?
    I think it's some overly intellectualized mental masturbation. What are you actually doing during your day that having a partner would "rob" you? Most people seem to go on with somewhat similar days, on and on, and I can hardly imagine how a partner could concretely "rob" their freedom, unless they're trying to neurotically anticipate the needs of their partner.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that rilke quote.

I always interpreted as not wanting a relationship to go stagnant- you two together are just the core of something that feeds back into your curiosity for the world. also it's not possible to totally exhaust your partner b/c there will always be mysteries.

this might just be projection though.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quote is pretty disheartening to me. It's as if the greatest kind of relationship any person can hope to achieve with another is mere cohabitation; that real closeness with another asymptotically approaches some magic threshold, but the closer you get to 100% the more distant you two become, like two similarly charged magnets yearning to find some space apart. It sounds a listless and depressive version of how I expect relationships with others to operate.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that real closeness with another asymptotically approaches some magic threshold, but the closer you get to 100% the more distant you two become, like two similarly charged magnets yearning to find some space apart
    lmao.

everything else aside, i loved this analogy it's so great haha

ps the comic is hilarious too

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Oh my, I am So/Sx, but I start loving this thread with a quiet passion.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Oh my, I am So/Sx, but I start loving this thread with a quiet passion.
    hmm, I was hoping that this thread would quietly alienate all the Sp-lasts. We're clearly doing something very wrong.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

hmm, I was hoping that this thread would quietly alienate all the Sp-lasts. We're clearly doing something very wrong.
    Sorry.

I am actually trying to improve my weak Sp a bit. I guess this motivation brought me here, haha.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke.
    – Vincent Van Gogh

How about this one?
    I think it could also apply to So/Sx. It nicely expresses the Sx instinct being slightly hidden underneath the dominant instinct.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast