Thread: Post Your Music

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Your Music

I know there are a bunch of talented musicians on the forum- ( @Galen @woofwoofl @dolphin @HandiAce @Galen ) - I thought it'd be cool to post some of your music here and share in some of your side hobbies.

Back in June, I purchased my first hollowbody electric guitar. For those of you who don't play guitar, it's a lot like dating. You just know when you see it and play it that you're in love. So I purchased it and brought it home, and was playing around with it when I decided to make this video.

This is one of my favorite songs.

(Also....please be kind. It took a lot of courage to even post this, but I'm half a bottle of wine in, so... )
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That is lovely, apples!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for tagging me twice~

I'll link some of my work when I'm at my computer box.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg!! Awesome.
    Now THIS will be a music thread I'll visit. (To see ya'll cuz the best i can play is hot cross buns, lolol.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Thanks for tagging me twice~
    I tagged you and wine tagged you. *hehe*
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot damn, @applejacks has a really pretty singing voice!

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen - I looooooove the track Almost There. It puts me in a nice chill, zoned, contemplative state. Also really loved Orion. What do you use to produce the majority of these? Are you using a specific program?

I've had some experience in Fruity Loops Studios way back in the day (when Myspace was cool), but everything was self taught and more exploratory. I wish I'd branched out and done more.

Here's a sample of some of my FL stuff. Track 4 Left Behind is probably one of my better pieces:

https://myspace.com/asidemichelle/music/songs

EDIT: Song covers are original fractals I designed. You can find the rest of those here.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    @Galen - I looooooove the track Almost There. It puts me in a nice chill, zoned, contemplative state. Also really loved Orion. What do you use to produce the majority of these? Are you using a specific program?
    Thanks! I work pretty exclusively in Logic. Started with Fruity Loops and kept with it for maybe eight years before I made the switch. My workflow makes so much more sense in Logic now.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, the music I write is very much influenced by my faith, so some songs are worship songs, others are just about my life:

The song "Locked" tells of a situation in high school. There was a guy I had a crush on, for whatever reason. It was love at first sight. I was always highly aware of not trying to embarrass myself in front of him and I didn't want him to lose interest in me, so I sometimes kept my opinions to myself. He was very much interested in philosophy, but an atheist, and sometimes it seemed he wanted to talk about things like why we are here and so on, but I couldn't say what I believed, because I thought he would hate me then or think I'm stupid. Later I felt so ashamed because of that...

"Most Important Thing" is mostly a song about doubting.

And on of the few German songs I've written: https://soundcloud.com/katharina-har...immel-original
    Last edited by kadda1212; 03-24-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kadda1212 - wow!! Gorgeous songs! I especially love Locked. Your voice reminds me a little of Natalie Merchant, who is one of my all time favorite singers

So glad you shared! Keep posting, would love to hear more!!!

TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an original, but basically my whole youtube is me doing music of some kind : ) I think this thread is a super rad idea and I'm gonna check all of you out haha

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh look, that's me up there c:

And here is a video of me improvising a song:

I haven't really written a lot of my own stuff, but I'm getting more into it lately and enjoying it c: Good thread.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ThisIsKade - absolutely beautiful! Did you do the video and editing yourself? So awesome!
    @sweetgingerpeach - love, love, love it! What a great little band, too!

Thanks for posting! Keep it going!!

Nothing is real. So tomorrow doesn't matter.
    TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I have to say, the music I write is very much influenced by my faith, so some songs are worship songs, others are just about my life:

And on of the few German songs I've written: https://soundcloud.com/katharina-har...immel-original
    the german one -Weiter als der Himmel (Farther than the sky?) - its fluttering in my head all day
    could u post the lyrics/meaning?
    It resonates your soul heavily

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pumainfp View Post
    the german one -Weiter als der Himmel (Farther than the sky?) - its fluttering in my head all day
    could u post the lyrics/meaning?
    It resonates your soul heavily
    Yes, no problem:

Weiter als der Himmel reicht deine Liebe
    Tiefer als das Meer deine Barmherzigkeit, Herr.
    Du bist größer, mächtiger als alle Dinge auf dieser Welt.
    Dir allein gebührt die Ehre.

(Your love reaches farther than the sky,
    and your mercy deeper than the ocean, Lord.
    You are greater and more powerful than all things in the world.
    You alone are worthy of glory.)

Du hältst mich fest in deiner Hand
    und du schenkst mir Mut jeden Tag neu
    Und ich ruf dir zu: Vater, lass mich deine Stimme hörn.

(You hold me tightly in your hands,
    and give me courage everyday anew,
    and I call out to you: Father, let me hear your voice)

Dein Licht durchbricht das Dunkel meiner Gedanken
    Deine Stimme stillt den Sturm in meinem Herzen
    Dein Blut wäscht mich rein von aller Schuld
    Dir allein gebührt das Lob.

(Your light breaks through the darkness of my thoughts,
    your voice calms the storms inside my heart,
    your blood cleanses me from all of my shame,
    you alone are worthy of praise.)

Du hältst mich fest mit deiner Hand
    und du schenkst mir Freiheit, die für immer besteht,
    und ich ruf dir zu: Jesus, ich will deine Wege gehn.

(You hold my hand
    and you give me freedom that lasts forever
    And I call out to you: Jesus, I want to go your ways.)

Nur du schenkst mir neues Leben
    Nur du machst mich vollkommen
    Nur du zeigst mir, wer ich wirklich bin
    Nur du, du allein.

(Only you give me new life,
    only you fulfill me,
    only you show me who I really am,
    only you, you alone.)

TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, no problem:

Weiter als der Himmel reicht deine Liebe
    Tiefer als das Meer deine Barmherzigkeit, Herr.
    Du bist größer, mächtiger als alle Dinge auf dieser Welt.
    Dir allein gebührt die Ehre.

(Your love reaches farther than the sky,
    and your mercy deeper than the ocean, Lord.
    You are greater and more powerful than all things in the world.
    You alone are worthy of glory.)

Du hältst mich fest in deiner Hand
    und du schenkst mir Mut jeden Tag neu
    Und ich ruf dir zu: Vater, lass mich deine Stimme hörn.

(You hold me tightly in your hands,
    and give me courage everyday anew,
    and I call out to you: Father, let me hear your voice)

Dein Licht durchbricht das Dunkel meiner Gedanken
    Deine Stimme stillt den Sturm in meinem Herzen
    Dein Blut wäscht mich rein von aller Schuld
    Dir allein gebührt das Lob.

(Your light breaks through the darkness of my thoughts,
    your voice calms the storms inside my heart,
    your blood cleanses me from all of my shame,
    you alone are worthy of praise.)

Du hältst mich fest mit deiner Hand
    und du schenkst mir Freiheit, die für immer besteht,
    und ich ruf dir zu: Jesus, ich will deine Wege gehn.

(You hold my hand
    and you give me freedom that lasts forever
    And I call out to you: Jesus, I want to go your ways.)

Nur du schenkst mir neues Leben
    Nur du machst mich vollkommen
    Nur du zeigst mir, wer ich wirklich bin
    Nur du, du allein.

(Only you give me new life,
    only you fulfill me,
    only you show me who I really am,
    only you, you alone.)
    W O W !

TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this page is where i anchor my soul today
    and any day till the end of days...

thank you @kadda1212 @applejacks @Galen @sweetgingerpeach @ThisIsKade

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been asked to post some more of my music on this thread, so I'm going to do that. I will also let you in on the meaning behind the songs, I will edit the post above and fill in the story how I came to write those particular songs.

The song "Holy" is a worship song through and through. This version is a little bit shorter, calmer and slower than the original version of the song I recorded. I used some popular verses of the Bible in it and a very old hymn from the 2nd century called "Phos Hilaron":
    That record is a little bit overdriving, I know, the bass is too loud, but anyways - "make a joyful noise!" : https://soundcloud.com/katharina-hart/holy
    I've also recorded a more chilled version of this song:
    You may decide for yourself, which one you like best. https://soundcloud.com/katharina-hart/holy-remix

As you may have noticed, I cannot play the drums, so I'm using drum samples and play them on my synthesizer. That's why it sounds so artificial. I can play the cajon, but I don't have a microphone for that one.
    "Lifeline" speaks for itself. It's one of the songs that shows my love for metaphorical language.

Two of the darker songs I've written. Their slightly melancholic. The first one "In Shadows" I wrote after watching a show on television called "Aktenzeichen XY...ungelöst", British and American equvalents would be "Crimewatch" and "America's Most Wanted". They search for criminals there on that show and the cases are all real. So, there was this one case that freaked me out and got me down so much I couldn't sleep the whole night. It was about child abuse, but a really harsh case, in which a baby was abused probably by its own father (they searched the guy only knowing his hands you could saw on a video, and he wore a ring, probably a wedding ring...). That disturbed me, because I thought there are no ways by which they could find him, probably only with the help of hacker groups like Anonymous, but there's no way one would recognize the hands of a person. And I had to think of that child and all the other children nobody knows of and who have to suffer such pain. And I wrote those song, because everytime I play it, I'm reminded of that and I pray, because I don't know what else to do.

The other song "Blinded" was inspired by a dream I had, a very disturbing dream in which I saw terrible things happen to people around me, but felt completely helpless. It's linked to the story behind "In Shadows" I think. I don't know what every image in that song means for itself. I already tried a lot of dream interpreting while writing the song, but some things are left open. Argh, complicated.

I don't want to leave it at that - dark mood and everything. So, here's an uplifting song. All about my relationship to God: https://soundcloud.com/katharina-har...-original-song

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kadda1212 - WOW! Thank you so very much for sharing. I especially loved reading the stories behind each song.

TIM
    iei infp type 7?or 4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been asked to post some more of my music on this thread, so I'm going to do that. I will also let you in on the meaning behind the songs, I will edit the post above and fill in the story how I came to write those particular songs.

The song "Holy" is a worship song through and through. This version is a little bit shorter, calmer and slower than the original version of the song I recorded. I used some popular verses of the Bible in it and a very old hymn from the 2nd century called "Phos Hilaron":
    That record is a little bit overdriving, I know, the bass is too loud, but anyways - "make a joyful noise!" : https://soundcloud.com/katharina-hart/holy
    I've also recorded a more chilled version of this song:
    You may decide for yourself, which one you like best. https://soundcloud.com/katharina-hart/holy-remix

As you may have noticed, I cannot play the drums, so I'm using drum samples and play them on my synthesizer. That's why it sounds so artificial. I can play the cajon, but I don't have a microphone for that one.
    "Lifeline" speaks for itself. It's one of the songs that shows my love for metaphorical language.

Two of the darker songs I've written. Their slightly melancholic. The first one "In Shadows" I wrote after watching a show on television called "Aktenzeichen XY...ungelöst", British and American equvalents would be "Crimewatch" and "America's Most Wanted". They search for criminals there on that show and the cases are all real. So, there was this one case that freaked me out and got me down so much I couldn't sleep the whole night. It was about child abuse, but a really harsh case, in which a baby was abused probably by its own father (they searched the guy only knowing his hands you could saw on a video, and he wore a ring, probably a wedding ring...). That disturbed me, because I thought there are no ways by which they could find him, probably only with the help of hacker groups like Anonymous, but there's no way one would recognize the hands of a person. And I had to think of that child and all the other children nobody knows of and who have to suffer such pain. And I wrote those song, because everytime I play it, I'm reminded of that and I pray, because I don't know what else to do.

The other song "Blinded" was inspired by a dream I had, a very disturbing dream in which I saw terrible things happen to people around me, but felt completely helpless. It's linked to the story behind "In Shadows" I think. I don't know what every image in that song means for itself. I already tried a lot of dream interpreting while writing the song, but some things are left open. Argh, complicated.

I don't want to leave it at that - dark mood and everything. So, here's an uplifting song. All about my relationship to God: https://soundcloud.com/katharina-har...-original-song

“Heimat. The word mean home in German, the place where one was born. But the term also conveys a subtler nuance, a certain tenderness. One's Heimat is not merely a matter of geography; it is where one's heart lies. ”
    Jenna Blum, Those Who Save Us

One has to be strong kind of bold to let connect with such reality and give value to it, than not being with other usual past times.
    each of the song's show that.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resurrection time! Did not realise this thread existed. So impressed with the folks posting their stuff. Also, where is @applejacks ?

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to write something, like tonight. Maybe I'll post it here.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I need to write something, like tonight. Maybe I'll post it here.
    I think I liked this one best. https://soundcloud.com/galen-borson-...ont-believe-in

The Fog too because it sounded really kind of ominous.

Edit: Hmm, is your music tagged? I don't think it is going to show up on my lastfm scrobbler. This goes for woof too.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think I liked this one best. https://soundcloud.com/galen-borson-...ont-believe-in

That's awesome @Galen really impressed, will actually listen to this for chill music on a playlist.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    That's awesome @Galen really impressed, will actually listen to this for chill music on a playlist.
    Just listened to "Just Keep Driving". I love it. It is very sx/sp to me. Ok, new favorite from what I heard so far.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Edit: Hmm, is your music tagged? I don't think it is going to show up on my lastfm scrobbler. This goes for woof too.
    I didn't know soundcloud could get tagged in last.fm? They should all have tags of some sort, but I don't know how to make it lastfm compatible.

oh I wrote 40 seconds of something last night. Good start.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A song I wrote maybe a year ago, but never released it until a couple months ago.
    https://soundcloud.com/galen-borson-music/passing

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I didn't know soundcloud could get tagged in last.fm? They should all have tags of some sort, but I don't know how to make it lastfm compatible.
    Tags work.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@GEM

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    @GEM

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's occurring Ms.Jacks?

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's occurring Ms.Jacks?
    Ohhh you know, took a mini tech vacation for the summer, learning some new songs, visiting family. I'd like to post some new recordings on here pretty soon

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#jealousy

i might post something here...

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    #jealousy

i might post something here...
    This reminded me if the Natalie Merchant song.

You should definitely post something!!! Doooooo it!!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some chatbox people asked me to put some stuff here, so here it is: two acapella songs and some speaking for anyone interested in telling me what sort of accent I have.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw @Director Abbie I really enjoyed those. That first song i really wanted to join in singing, it was awesome.

Also your accent is pretty adorable... thats a long list of don'ts though

InvisibruJim

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm glad you liked it. I sound like my mom on the phone and I sound like a little kid on recordings.

a long list of don'ts though
    Oh, yeah. I thought I'd say the fruits of the spirit and whatever was next to it, and the bad things happened to be right before them. Maybe you would have preferred something from Ecclesiastes or Proverbs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popping in real quick before turning the light off for the night....
    Thank you for sharing those, @Director Abbie
    Did you grow up in the southwest usa? You sound a lot like what I grew up with, except without the lazy diction. Like someone who made sure she said the whole word clearly all the way to the end instead of dropping the last sound.
    Your voice also has a nice ring to it, mine sounds pretty grating in comparison.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Did you grow up in the southwest usa?
    Yes! Congratulations; you're the first to guess correctly. (Even people in my town guess wrong.)

Here's something generally classified as a Christmas carol:

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast