Thread: Introverted Ethics

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
    Yes, actually, although I admit it probably does sound like some magic superpower voodoo bullshit. Most others take longer to see what I do. It takes more manifestation of their shitty character for a lot of others to realize the same things I see in people. People think of Fi as this subjective value based thing, as though Fi base revolves around how it feels about moral subjects. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: it's more like doing math with human behaviors. When you see A + B, you know you are going to get C. It's like...you don't look at a recipe for a soup and then expect to get a salad. Same thing with human behaviors. For a long time I thought Fi base was laughable for me because I didn't relate to how subjective value based it seems to be. In my mind, I was seeing all of that as what simply makes logical sense. I still do, but my point in saying this is to explain that Ti is involved in this. There's a lot of logical evaluation going on, and it's possible to gain insight that way because of logical deduction. Thus, it's really not that superhuman. It's more like logic with a human/relationship focus.
    So then what separates Ti and Fi? At least to me, trying to do math with people sounds more like what I do to compensate for my Fi polr using Ti than some other skill.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    So then what separates Ti and Fi? At least to me, trying to do math with people sounds more like what I do to compensate for my Fi polr using Ti than some other skill.
    Yeah, but it's probably not your primary automatic focus that you're going around using all day. In my case, it's instantaneous, and I don't get this same sense that I'm overcompensating. If anything, I feel much more insightful in these dynamics than most people. Ti is more “in service of” the Fi human relationship dynamics and such. So, basically, I'm going around being naturally focused on and attuned to logically processing human dynamics all the time, without conscious thought about it. Actually, that was what made me second guess my typing as a Logic rather than Ethics type. The impacts of character/behavior on others/myself/the person's own life; causes and effects (trajectory of outcomes, results) of thoughts, attitudes, or behaviors. It's like I can't even separate myself from that.

I like to use examples, so...usually (NOT ALWAYS), if I have any actual, real conflict with someone on a forum, there's a lot more happening than what others perceive. I'm either examining someone, making a stand in an attempt to correct someone, or I've already perceived that someone is basically a piece of shit with 0 empathy for others and I'm calling them out. I do this thing where I pull a snake out of the grass, deliberately having some run in with someone. I do this not because I'm neurotic, juvenile, conflict prone, or buttmad because they got under my skin, but as a way of protecting innocent people around from being manipulated, deceived, and hurt. I get into this protective passion and anger mode, but I'm blowing a warning horn, not a fuse. I don't seek or want conflict, I'm just also not afraid of it, and I will use it as a means to an end when it's necessary. It can be used for a lot of positive things. I watch and take note of those who are naive and don't see it all; I remember who they are because those people are the ones who are vulnerable to being manipulated and used as pawns, and that means the naive individual themselves is somewhat of a vulnerability to me/others. Thus, I maintain a certain degree of distance/use caution. I don't write them off into the “enemy” category, it's not black and white, but I do see them as those with the potential to become the puppets of manipulative people. I also begin looking for answers as to why they aren't seeing that something is wrong there. A lot of times it's because they aren't great people either, thus that shadiness isn't bothering them. Other times it's the people who are too nice, give people too many chances, and wind up being taken advantage of by others a lot. Maybe they're too pure and empathetic, or maybe they'd prefer to believe that people aren't that bad. It's also sometimes good people who were simply too exposed to toxic people, therefore it's too normalized for them to realize boundaries should be used there. In those cases, sometimes I'm able to help them. A prime (but extreme) example of the puppet/puppeteer dynamics I'm talking about is the way narcissists use flying monkeys.

So, basically, I'm going around constantly assessing and processing things like this. It doesn't turn off, it's almost like breathing for me. It's a logical, rational evaluation of all sorts of underlying dynamics that manifest during social exchanges. So you can probably see why someone could be like, “well these aren't my subjective values, these are simply things that make logical sense for any human being,” therefore not relating to Fi/Ethics immediately.

EDIT: BTW, I meant to explain that when I have a deliberate run in with them, it's pretty much me pulling them out in ways that expose the person they really are and point out what's going on. It's also giving them an opportunity and seeing what they do with it.

That said…it's irritatingly common for people to be slaves to their egos, unwilling to better themselves and unconcerned about the ways they affect anyone else through their actions. The only thing that matters is protecting their own insecurities. They don't have the balls to see inside themselves. That's too much psychological stagnation and immaturity for me.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-18-2021 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Organized the info better + added clarification

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123