Thread: Am I really Fe-valuing?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    and how does this contrast with Fe?
    I get the impression that Fe views emotion in terms of it's objective manifestations and how it contributes to social cohesion, whereas I feel I'm usually aware of the depth that's inherent to it as it relates to the individual experience...For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person that's singled out or viewed as burdensome by the group for some social reason, even if it helps maintain group cohesion...I won't make a scene out of it or look down on everyone else for doing it, but I can still feel for them (unless it's obvious that they did something malicious or uncalled for).

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    I get the impression that Fe views emotion in terms of it's objective manifestations and how it contributes to social cohesion, whereas I feel I'm usually aware of the depth that's inherent to it as it relates to the individual experience...For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person that's singled out or viewed as burdensome by the group, even if it helps maintain group cohesion...I won't make a scene out of it or look down on everyone else for doing it, but I can still feel for them (unless it's obvious that they did something malicious or uncalled for).
    I've to admit..I'm pretty bad about making a scene if I think people are being uncalled for dicks. I'm probably too verbal about it..

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I've to admit..I'm pretty bad about making a scene if I think people are being uncalled for dicks. I'm probably too verbal about it..
    I guess this is one of the things that distinguishes me from an SEE friend I used to have in high school - she was pretty much always willing to make a scene over ethical issues, whereas I'd always be left wondering why she couldn't just let it go...

I definitely experienced her outbursts/quarrels as unnecessarily disruptive..although she's defended me a few times, so I can't really complain.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I guess this is one of the things that distinguishes me from an SEE friend I used to have in high school - she was pretty much always willing to make a scene over ethical issues, whereas I'd always be left wondering why she couldn't just let it go...

I definitely experienced her outbursts/quarrels as unnecessarily disruptive..although she's defended me a few times, so I can't really complain.
    you'd cause a scene over animal cruelty though right?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    you'd cause a scene over animal cruelty though right?
    I have a hard time picturing myself making a scene, really.

Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh....I've seen way more "scenes" from ESE-Fes' temper tantrums than any other type.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I get the impression that Fe views emotion in terms of it's objective manifestations and how it contributes to social cohesion, whereas I feel I'm usually aware of the depth that's inherent to it as it relates to the individual experience...For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person who's rejected or viewed as burdensome by the group, even if it helps maintain group cohesion...I won't make a scene out of it or look down on everyone else for it, but I can still feel for them.
    this doesn't distinguish Fi from Fe imo, here's an example from this forum:
    there was a poster here by the name of tcaud who was generally considered to be loony by many people, and at some point he started making some lewd remarks towards a female member and was banned shortly after - one of his defenders was rat who is typed as IEI by many (Fe user) - he felt for the guy whom he saw being ostracized from the group, while there were a couple of Fi valuing people who were very adamant about driving him out of this forum (link to the thread)
    so as you can see this isn't a trait of Fi

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    this doesn't distinguish Fi from Fe imo, here's an example from this forum:
    there was a poster here by the name of tcaud who was generally considered to be loony by many people, and at some point he started making some lewd remarks towards a female member and was banned shortly after - one of his defenders was rat who is typed as IEI by many (Fe user) - he felt for the guy whom he saw being ostracized from the group, while there were a couple of Fi valuing people who were very adamant about driving him out of this forum (link to the thread)
    so as you can see this isn't a trait of Fi

i can't remember what he said, but he just seemed boring to me. so are fi's the ones that like to go on witch hunts finding someone to blame?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I get the impression that Fe views emotion in terms of it's objective manifestations and how it contributes to social cohesion, whereas I feel I'm usually aware of the depth that's inherent to it as it relates to the individual experience...For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person that's singled out or viewed as burdensome by the group for some social reason, even if it helps maintain group cohesion...I won't make a scene out of it or look down on everyone else for doing it, but I can still feel for them (unless it's obvious that they did something malicious or uncalled for).
    I find it hard to read what you wrote but "..For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person that's singled out or viewed as burdensome" is something I can identify with.

I think to form group cohesion sometimes you need to look at what is disrupting a group, and even that out.

If everyone is wearing black except one person wearing yellow, then the person wearing yellow should wear black, for instance, in a really superficial way...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered LSE?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Nope, still unable to quote. Do I make you feel "conflict" suede? They say LSE and IEI are conflictors. I think?

I don't believe "conflictor" is an actual word in the dictionary...now I have to look.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Nope, still unable to quote. Do I make you feel "conflict" suede? They say LSE and IEI are conflictors. I think?

I don't believe "conflictor" is an actual word in the dictionary...now I have to look.
    Ha, thanks for bringing this up. Not at all.

I picture my conflictor being a Fi/Te valuing type (Gamma is the first quadra that comes to mind as far as being potentially hostile or antithetic..something about that energy just seems foreign to me, whereas I can more-or-less resonate with Betas and Deltas when it comes to certain things), actually, so I guess that answers my original question.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Ha, thanks for bringing this up. Not at all.

I picture my conflictor being a Fi/Te valuing type (Gamma is the first quadra that comes to mind as far as being potentially hostile or antithetic..something about that energy just seems foreign to me, whereas I can more-or-less resonate with Betas and Deltas when it comes to certain things), actually, so I guess that answers my original question.
    So you're like a bridge between beta and delta?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

arrrgh I got a ghost in my machine tonight. The shirt is not yellow and that is a nice neutral color. I wear it a lot too.
    @mercutio

Look at me giving fashion tips tonight...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    arrrgh I got a ghost in my machine tonight. The shirt is not yellow and that is a nice neutral color. I wear it a lot too.
    @mercutio

Look at me giving fashion tips tonight...
    well fuck i don't know. as long as it's not that gay beige khaki bullshit.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    Have you considered LSE?
    Not really..why?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really..why?
    Since Fe is LSE's role function, I see it as a possibility.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Suedehead

I started hearing this song in my head when I read your post.

Don't know why.

YWIMW