Thread: Birthdates vs types?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Birthdates vs types?

Is there any correlation between the 16 types and birth dates? I may think this question has been asked earlier. However, I couldnīt find anything among older posts I looked at after doing a search.

My birthday is (was) September 29th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Birthdates vs types?

...hm... my avatar.
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In astrology, yes ... believe it or not there are similarities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know there is no correlation. There was a post here on whether INTJs are often Capricorns, but the answer seemed to be: No, I think. I vaguely remember I once saw a Russian article that explored this issue. They had a pretty large sample, but could not really find any correlations. Often you see some anecdotal patterns, but when you do a proper study they turn out to be just a statistical fluke.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrology is a bunch of crap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually find those magazines "cute." They remind me of ISFps I know who believe everything they read with such enthusiasm (so ironic because they are almost always resistant to Ne at first lol). Luckily though I can point them in the right direction so they avoid such stuff ISFps... man I love 'em.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually do believe in astrology. I have seen no proof that it isn't right. Yes, there are so many people who don't act one bit like their astrological sign. So what. I am sure that you can find tons and tons of INTJs who act differently. They have some similarities, but not noticeable at first glance.

But I only believe in the general things: the description and the slight influence of the largest planets. I don't believe that 1/12 of the worlds population would find love (or great personal disaster) on the exact same day. That would be 537,390,944 people. But think about it - sometimes you have a wonderful day and another time you do everything exactly the same, but you feel absolutely crappy. There is an influence you can't really pinpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    I'd say no. Think about it: there's no physically possible way that the position of the planets can affect your brain and personality at all.
    Why? 100 years ago there was no physically possible way for sound to get from one place to another in a way that you can't really hear it between those 2 places. I'm talking about radio waves. Planets can affect much more than science admits or is able to prove.

The correlation would have to be quite strong so it would be scientifically accepted. Usually there has to be less than 5% chance that the resault was a fluke. (medical experiments it is 1% if I remember correctly). And there would have to be quite many test subjects.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The force of gravity is incredibly weak compared to the elctromagnetic force. You might as well create a theory that shows how radically your personality will change as you move about the earth because of the variation in the magnetic field of the earth relative to the topography. Radiation and the rotation of the earth probably affect your personality more than the movement of astrological bodies as well. Again, astrology is crap or at the very least it's influnce is negligible compared to other forces that act on the human mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Birthdates vs types?

It could have been reasonable to believe that the time of the year at birth would affect in some way. Not depending on planets etc but on the climate and light. Right? Itīs more cold and darker in the winter and warmer and brighter in the summer.

Iīm surprised noone didnīt mention about this above. Very.
    One doesnīt have to be a "mastermind" to realize that.. ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would that climate type at birth would be marginal also. Climate in general may not be. The reason I say that is because of a known psychological problem called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). I would imagine the amount of influence climate has over the personality would appear in gradations and so people would appear with different levels of affectedness by the climate. Also suicide rates tend to be higher in cities known for overcast weather.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CuriousSoul wrote:
    "Often you see some anecdotal patterns, but when you do a proper study they turn out to be just a statistical fluke."

But,
    logically, :wink: this can of course also be equally applied to itīs contra point of view: Statistics can indeed turn out to favor eachextreme anyway.

Either there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever.
    Or:
    There is a correlation, although it be a very small one.

It is simply logical to lean towards the latter one. (I hope I donīt have to explain why.)

The question is not is or is not. The question is how much(/little)
    influence is there?

Said to be a "trademark" of an INTJ, not to always rely "proven" facts or as here, simply refer to statistics. Speaking for myself, Iīd appreciate an open minded discussion, which is also said to be another trademark of an INTJ, "they are the most openminded" (really???). If things turn out to be wrong, can put you in an awkward situation. But until proven....
    Better to be wrong 2 times if 1 new insight is found.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine above.

Thereīs something wrong with the log in...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The nature of the laws of statistics dictates that they only apply in large samples. They only determine probabilities, they do not make exact predictions. If there is a clear aberration, it should be uncovered eventually, when more data is analyzed. Of course correlation does not equal causation - instead of stars it could be just the colder temperature at winter that causes some types to be born more often at that time of year, for example.

The login works poorly, usually you have to log in twice before you are properly logged in. You could also preview your post once in a while to prevent yourself from getting logged out. Works for me anyway. :wink:
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    The nature of the laws of statistics dictates that they only apply in large samples. They only determine probabilities, they do not make exact predictions. If there is a clear aberration, it should be uncovered eventually, when more data is analyzed. Of course correlation does not equal causation - instead of stars it could be just the colder temperature at winter that causes some types to be born more often at that time of year, for example.

The login works poorly, usually you have to log in twice before you are properly logged in. You could also preview your post once in a while to prevent yourself from getting logged out. Works for me anyway. :wink:
    Many colored words. Nature, laws, dictates, determine, probabilities...

Why not discuss how a baby gets affected by the amount of light and
    temperature? Physical senses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3600313.stm
    http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:a...sonality&hl=sv

Iīm sure there are numerous other articles to be found.
    Either all of them are nothing but speculations, or there is more in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I guess I was kind of answering the wrong question. It happens.
    I read the articles you posted. Quite a many interesting thoughts, some of them in agreement with my comments: The time of birth may correlate with many disorders, but it is most likely not caused by the stars.

"There is a biological theory to do with infection, which suggests it might be healthier to be born in a hotter month.

"Another theory is linked to diet, and suggests that mothers eat different foods in summer and winter.

"There is also a social theory, which suggests children born in certain months might do better in school because they are the oldest in their year."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3600313.stm

I suppose there are many things that only another INTJ could truly understand, often the knowledge of science and medicine is, even today, not up to coping with the real problems people face. Then it can help to exchange thoughts with others who have gone through similar difficulties.
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly I am an isfj by astrology - cancer. However, I am almost certainly an intp (at least for now), so that leads me to assume that astrology is a bunch of crap.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astrology is good for guiding ships and predicting weather patterns, but the mythological crap around it is useless, I agree.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Astrology is good for guiding ships and predicting weather patterns, [...]
    You mean astronomy?
    Thanks, that's the scientific non-mythological term for it ...

They are really both one in the same, just someone in the past tried to make a religion out of it and things got far-fetched from there.