Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bjork Gudmundsdottir

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bjork Gudmundsdottir

Someone noted that on one of the interviews they did not see much in the way Bjork acted ...

Originally I had her typed as ESFj after www.socionics.com , but it has occurred to me also that she might be mistyped on that site.

Last edited by silke; 06-20-2019 at 01:16 AM. Reason: updated videos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Björk was typed as ENFP in Dmitri Lõtovs site.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a bjork written interview I found somewhere, winder if it might give some clues here ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has she ever considered doing anything else?

“I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family. I'm a bit of a nerd, I wouldn't mind working in a shop like 12 Tónar selling records, or having a radio show where I could play obscure singles. I would also like to teach music. It's weird the way they teach music in schools like Juliard these days. I know someone who graduated at age 20 as a classical composer, playing music the way they did a hundred years ago or more. I would take kids out into nature, and teach them that they can be right, and not just the teacher. I would let them lead the way. To some degree, at least. [possibly some ]

But now that rock is turning 50, its become in a way classical in itself. People even listen to bands like the Crass as classics. Its interesting to see that development.”

Is there need for a new musical revolution, then?

“In a way there has been, with bands like Múm and Sigurrós. They've turned their backs on the rat race, and they've also turned their backs on who has the biggest stack of Marshall amps race. It's not about who can shout the loudest, but its still aggressive music. Passive-aggressive, if you will. It's their way to give everything the finger.”

*Björk gives me the finger to express her point.*

I am a firm believer in that God should be kept out of politics. But this is the first time I've heard this being applied to music.

“Compared to America, or even Europe, God isn't a big part of our lives here. I don't know anyone here who goes to church when he's had a rough divorce or is going through depression or something. We go out into nature instead. Nature is our chapel.”

But aren't we desecrating that chapel these days with heavy industry?

“Its strange how the whole Kárahnjúkar project seems to be plagued with human and natural disasters. It's almost as if its got some sort of bad karma hanging over it.”

Are the nature spirits intervening?

“There is this stereotype of Icelanders all believing in spirits, and I've played up to that a bit in interviews too. As a member of Sigurrós said, whenever a foreign record company comes over to sign an Icelandic band, the first thing they do is ask the band members whether they believe in elves, and if the do, they get signed. I hate to sound grumpy, but there are a lot of people out there who believe in a 2000 year old fairy tale. Both sides are waiting for their Messiah to arrive. And then people point their fingers at us and say we are superstitious.”

So Björk is not superstitious then?

“You know, its ironic that just at the point the lawyers and the businessmen had calculated how to control music, the internet comes along and fucks everything up.” [maybe more ]

*Björk gives the finger again, this time waving it into the air.*
    []

“God bless the internet,” she adds.[]

And what about you, then?

“I'll still be there, waving a pirate flag.”[]

When I went to interview Björk, this was precisely what I hoped to hear her say. And so she did.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJs always have a straight, upright posture and the body itself is often firm and slim. In fact it is rare to find an ESFJ with a full figure, especially a male. Their figure can also be somewhat elongated. ESFJs have a wide range of facial expressions. When receiving logical information they react with a look of extreme concentration. ESFJ's facial details are usually fine but proportional. They like to tell stories emotionally and in details. Some preferred topics of conversations are movies, art and books.

ESFJs also can show a wide range of emotions during conversation. They have very characteristic negative emotions, periodically showing indignation which can flare up without warning and which can die down just as quickly. Their negative behaviour often cannot be explained logically as they can create a drama from something that may seem unimportant. During conversation ESFJs pay close attention to the ethics and good behaviour of others. They like to give ethical evaluations and analyses on who behaved well and who did not. They also watch that the norms of politeness are obeyed. ESFJs react negatively to people who do not obey ethical norms. This is why others can sometimes consider them to be confrontational and difficult to live with. Many people believe ESFJs could be very demanding and tactless.

ESFJs have got very characteristic movements. When walking they often look like they are in a hurry. In fact, ESFJs always seem to be in a hurry. They are always going somewhere or visiting someone. They often seem to be overloaded with work that is not so urgent. They do not like to be criticised on this point and can sometimes take offence.

ESFJs take very good care of their appearance. They always show good taste in clothes, making sure that everything is in harmony and that colours are perfectly matched. When choosing clothes ESFJs always rely on their own taste. They will not purchase a fashionable item if it is not compatible with their own physique. They always wear the right clothes for the occasion.

When explaining something ESFJs often repeat specific details again and again and keep asking if they have been understood. By doing this they can easily offend as it can seem that they think their interlocutor is stupid. However, this is not the case. ESFJs repeat themselves because they are never sure if they have been clear and logical enough. ESFJs like to talk about people they know. They easily make new friends, because of their sociability and friendly approach. From friends ESFJs demand unselfishness.

ESFJs do many things motivated by pure enthusiasm, but they always show practicality and a sharp-wit in business matters. They always try to buy the best quality goods. If these goods do not live up to their expectations they do not hesitate to complain. Items can be old but they must be of good quality. ESFJs have an excellent eye for composition and can create a warm atmosphere from nothing.

ESFJs are incredibly hospitable and are always trying to surprise their guests with something unusual. ESFJs work on the philosophy that guests should first be fed and then entertained. However they can sometimes be over the top with offers of food as they have difficulties judging when enough is enough.

ESFJs pay good attention to health matters and the general well being of themselves and their family. For example, after visiting a doctor they always want an accurate diagnosis in order to decide the method of cure for themselves. When someone helps ESFJs with home matters they appreciate it very much. The fact that someone helps them is more important than the actual result.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say from the interview, there are some things that do very well point to ESFj ... it is hard to tell because we don't know much else about her life.

I read the ENFp description, and it doesn't seem to fit her much ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is some more about the interview ...

I tell her we've just been writing about Rokk í Reykjavík. Was her being on the cover a premonition?

“Actually, at the time I went walking down to Austurvöllur and saw this huge image of me there next to where the Morgunblaðið building used to be. I was very upset at (director) Friðrik Þór for that. He told me that most people would have considered this a great honour. The Sugarcubes later recorded songs for his film Skytturnar. But he should have asked me about the poster.”

Björk has never been one to seek publicity. It is easy to imagine her, much like Selma from the movie Dancer in the Dark, working in a fish factory, still singing wonderful songs to herself.

“When the Sugarcubes insanity took off, I had a one year old boy. I dedided that if he didn't like riding on busses, I would abandon music and head for the fish factory. He liked riding on busses.”

Creepy-

She always struck me as being ISFP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are getting closer with ISTj ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ISFJs often have a very characteristic facial expression that usually shows alertness and readiness to resist. Sometimes their regular facial expression may show dissatisfaction, a critical disposition or even anger. When ISFJs are thinking they may fix their eyes to an object or person for a long period. In these cases their eyes may show a look of bewilderment in reflection to the situation they are in. ISFJs can remain in the same position for a long time.

ISFJs normally have slightly thick lips which they normally keep tightly together. Their facial structure is smooth, with a distinct lack of prominent or sharp cheek bones. ISFJs can have very slim and elongated figures as well as full figures with big, wide shoulders. Their clothes are always tidy and often strictly elegant with a touch of officially even when they are not at work.

Where the reviewing of any new project is concerned ISFJs are critical, actively seeking out major defects. They try to analyse the situation logically, objectively and with emotions detachment. ISFJs have a very well developed sense of duty.

ISFJs notice people who do not obey ethical norms. When among friends ISFJs always give their ethical evaluations of other peoples actions. Their quick wit enables them to reply effectively to people with sharp tongues. ISFJs enjoy to play jokes on people by telling them something seemingly serious with a straight face. Staying alone with a person for a long time can make ISFJs feel uncomfortable so does the presence of strangers in their homes.

ISFJs know how to actively defend themselves and those close to them. If they take the responsibility of a persons welfare upon them, they will provide protection and defend the persons interests as if they were their own. When the opportunity to take their revenge arises, they know how to find the most defenceless place for their strike.

ISFJs do not cope well in indefinite situations. They can start panicking easily by worrying incessantly about their situation. They do not like to wait for impending events, the nearer it comes the more tension they accumulate. They tend to release their stress with alcohol or in the company of close friends.

ISFJs like orderliness and cleanliness at home. They rarely tidy up but when they do they do a very thorough job. They are unlikely to go to sleep if they know that they have to finish some duties in their home. They can not simply rest without finding something to busy themselves with. ISFJs likely to judge the work by the quantity of energy spent and not the end result.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    She always struck me as being ISFP
    I thought maybe she could be perceptive as well, but I read things like ...

"I would take kids out into nature, and teach them that they can be right, and not just the teacher. I would let them lead the way. To some degree, at least"

She is emphasizing what she feels is fair and just for children, would someone who is perceptive normally say that?

Creepy-

Not sure why so many have a problem with ESFJ. She is powered by pure enthusiasm, this shoould be clear to anyone who knows anything about her. ESFJ's are the only type I know that can have that strong, simple, innocent enthusiasm.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have pretty much established in my own mind that she is more than likely xSFj ... I don't see how she is a P type considering she is so judgemental and tends to take what she feels is the just or fair route towards things.

Creepy-

She was just in an introspective mood during that interview is all. Doesn't mean she's an introvert. Even the most pathologically hysterical have their moments.

Creepy-Sandgirl

Default bjork´s type

I´ve been close to Bjork´s art in the last years - I apreciate her art a lot. Considering the way she writes and behaviour on interviews, I think she´s an INFP. It sounds obvious to me. Please, get close to her wrinting and music. :wink: She an enneagram 4w5 sx. MBTI: INFP.

Creepy-Sandgirl

Healthy INFPs can be VERY enthusiastic... especialy when talking about their ideas, projects and art.
    Introverts can be enthusiastics.

Creepy-pokeball

I like her ideas of nature as a chapel and taking kids out to express their being without formal instruction.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ILENTp
    My uncle went to HS with Björk and he says she was rebellious. She wore a ballet dress to the prom, and she's never given a shit what other people think. I think her musical career began in a punk band. She is has strong oppinions too, which is why she didn't get along with Lars Von Trier when they were shooting the movie Dancer in the dark.
    ja she was in a punk band as a teen, and sang folk songs when a child.

I think ESFj fits.

About Si-- isnt flipping someone off Se? I think implied said that, so it stuck with me.

Also i recall her saying she was very skeptical of intellectuals while younger, and also seems to have a very.. Feeling way of viewing the world. an Fj view, very passionate.

also, her partner Matthew Barney seems INTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj or not I would definitely shag her

Creepy-msk

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer
    ESFj or not I would definitely shag her
    yay. i hate it when people say shes not sexy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's a Delta, I'll tell you that.

You can believe me or not, but Iceland is a very small country so comparing her to the pope is just being ignorant.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pawnatron
    Sure, and I've seen the pope do it.
    Björk and the pope aint the same you know...
    You're probably the dumbest person I've ever seen on this board.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Sure, and I've seen the pope do it.
    Björk and the pope aint the same you know...
    You're probably the dumbest person I've ever seen on this board.
    We are talking exateration terms...

Saying that what I said compares to some one seeing the pope do is is not the same.

Also, what makes me dumb saying "They are not the same"? meaning: Thats not a just comparison.

saying "I saw Björk do it" and e.g "I saw.....Beck...do it" would be the same...

And whats the deal with the hostility? What a kind of a piece of shit says something like that. is it because you wish you could say it to peoples faces in real life but since your just posting a message on a forum you have the guts to say it me.

why not call me and say it, that would make you look a little less of a moron.
    T: 8234304
    You're thoughts, my ideas

ISTJ

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaido21
    Björk was typed as ENFP in Dmitri Lõtovs site.
    At the moment I think I was wrong and she really is an ESFj, maybe I'll make this correction on my site in the nearest days.

The version of ISFJ seems to be strange... ISFJs are usually calm enough, they prefer to hide their emotions inside. Their Feeling function manifests not as emotions but as obedience to moral norms, rituals etc., by damping of other people's excessive emotions. Sometimes ISFJs look absolutely impassionate, because they keep their rich emotions inside.

On the other hand, ESFj do not hesitate to express their emotions, whether joys or indignance, which may sometimes shock other people. This is very characteristic for Bjork, as well as for other ESFjs, e.g., Liza Minnelli, Sandra Bullock (which I previously mistyped as ENFP), Courtney Love, Eddie Murphy, etc.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Haha

I have seen Björk take the test herself, and I know the answere... ...but i wont tell.
    I'm curious what kind of test she has taken: Keirsey? MBTI?
    You see, socionic types deviate from this typology, not cardinally, but a little bit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    I have seen Björk take the test herself, and I know the answere... ...but i wont tell.
    I'm curious what kind of test she has taken: Keirsey? MBTI?
    You see, socionic types deviate from this typology, not cardinally, but a little bit...
    It's the test from the book TypeTalking
    You're thoughts, my ideas

ISTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    On the other hand, ESFj do not hesitate to express their emotions, whether joys or indignance, which may sometimes shock other people. This is very characteristic for Bjork, as well as for other ESFjs, e.g., Liza Minnelli, Sandra Bullock (which I previously mistyped as ENFP), Courtney Love, Eddie Murphy, etc.
    Dmitri, what you think about Alicia Keys? I'd say she is clearly ESFj, isn't she?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You gardener
    You discipliner
    Domestically
    I can obey all of your rules
    And still be, be
    I never thought I would compromise
    Let's unite tonight
    We shouldn't fight
    Embrace you tight
    Let's unite tonight
    I thrive best hermit style
    With a beard and a pipe
    And a parrot on each side
    But now I can't do this without you" Björk - Unison

Perhaps figuring out someone's type from lyrics isn't really the way to go though... Anyways my vote goes to IxFP.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dmitri, what you think about Alicia Keys? I'd say she is clearly ESFj, isn't she?
    I am sorry, I do not know this name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bjork always seemed strange to me (even by intuitive standards). Ive known many ESFJs and I never got that kind of vibe from them. I mean maybe its just my experience but to me ESFJs seem more comfortable with traditional forms. Even Eddie Murphy jokes about things people can quickly relate to. Bjork bends the mind. Her style is quirky, idiocyncratic and personal in a way that takes me away from what I know of ESFJs. And that swan dress that they make so much fun of her about seems to be a clincher. I like her.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its weird how people look like their benefactor. I am considering ENFp for her type.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzix...elated&search=

someone posted that they noticed Charlie Rose had a quieting affect on her. Maybe it's his Ti.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzixwWyrwU&mode=related&search=

someone posted that they noticed Charlie Rose had a quieting affect on her. Maybe it's his Ti.
    You think Charlie Rose is a Ti type?

Creepy-bg

I've always really liked Charlie Rose... there's something soothing and fun about him. If that means I like teh than so be it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzixwWyrwU&mode=related&search=

You think Charlie Rose is a Ti type?
    he could be. the way he sort of says "oh! you're kinda shy? why is that? because you're just not used to this sort of praise?" it's kind of obnoxiously in a UDP way (no offense to UDP at all, i just wouldn't do this because my instinct is to assume that the other party would find it insulting.) i think a sort of half-infantile/half-sincere type like bjork might like (some alpha SFs seem like this to me.) like he's filling in the blank parts and sort of making /her/ feel more comfortable.

I think anymore VI info from astralsilky about any types would be great...I haven't heard things like the stuff you've said before.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Is Bjork Gudmundsgotti really an ESFj?

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    If you are shocked that she's ESFj, that is a good sign.
    I must have a different view of ESFjs. I think in general I don't really know about all the different kinds of people out there and sort of am an extreme "assume nothing" or "give the benefit of the doubt" kind of person. I can see from some other threads that my view of ESFjs is not what others' views are. Anyway I'm saying that I wouldn't be shocked if she was ESFj, as they are passionate and emotional in behavior.

I recall that I said that she has been quoted in interviews as saying she grew up with a contempt for intellectualism which seems more Ti polr than Ti dual seeking. She seemed to eschew logical structure

I'd love to have her as a dual though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy.

So I pop in an old collection of Björk videos the other day ...

She is the same type as Ornella Muti.

One site says Ornella is ESFp.

Arghhh.

[...]

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now thinking even more that she is ENFp. After reading about Ann's description of Si dual seeking in the video thread, I now see in what way I relate to her lyrics.

Also witness the egg-rolling inthe Venus as a Boy video Same thing.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP8RVzAuvpY[/youtube]

Interesting Jools Holland interview from a few days ago (JH is supposed to be ENFp) - I really can see her as being ENFp from this. (Her voice is so strange\brilliant etc. - she's from an entirely differnt world\Iceland ).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not attracted to her or her music. I could see it being similar to the feeling evoked from when I have to deal with an ENFp, yes.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am now thinking even more that she is ENFp. After reading about Ann's description of Si dual seeking in the video thread, I now see in what way I relate to her lyrics.

Also witness the egg-rolling inthe Venus as a Boy video Same thing.

i don't know, but lyrically i have always thought she was a genius ("hyperballad"!) she's like the ESFj i just won't accept as ESFj or i'll change my type to INTj!!! even what with her aggressively protective nature towards her kids!!! she's getting exclamation marks out of me!!!!

yet i do still think she looks like ellen pompeo.

@ miss kensington -- you think matthew barney (i assume you are talking about cremaster mb) is an INTj? i suppose i could buy that. what 14 hours or whatever into those cremaster movies i suppose i was pretty well "inside the INTj's head."
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast