Thread: where's the Ti?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default where's the Ti?

I don't see it... I think I have about as much Ti as any intelligent non-Ti type, yet there seem to be a good number of people who think that I have strong Ti. Can anyone offer any examples? Quote me. Or explain... something along those lines.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont sweat it. I have done better on math test than ESTJs. How do you explain that? Te is supposed to be my weakest function ( I think ) I dont think having a function means being and expert at using it, or that you even like it. gets on my nerves sometime.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not upset that I don't have stronger Ti... just perplexed at why people think I do. I was hoping people would quote things I've said that display strong Ti... there are very few posts that have though. I have strong Ti when to comes to Home Inspection... obviously, since I have to in order to do my job. If you read my sig, you'll see part of a description of Te. This describes me extremely well while structural logic does not apply to me nearly as well.

I'm pretty sure that people are only insisting that I have strong Ti because they want to believe that I'm an ENTp because that's what they first accepted me as and I changed my kind a few times. That's okay... I can understand why this is the case.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 votes for ENTp in my type thread and not one person can quote or even describe my use of Ti? I'm unimpressed.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, with close to 8400 posts i'm sure you've used Ti, Te, Ni, or all those other little two letter thingamajigies people here use.
    deep down all I can say is...in the end... other than you, there's very few who actually care... why spend so much time on it?

don't get me wrong though, i enjoy reading about what type you are every day since i just check this place out at work on my 2, 2 hour breaks and it gives me something to do...but really, is it so much of an issue here?

no need to really reply since i'm just posting for the heck of it. I think it's pretty neat how i'm around 300 posts and still know pretty much nothing about socionics.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I had at least 4000 before I really knew anything of socionics, and 6000 at least before I really understood the differences between the functions, particularly Te, Ti, Ne, and Ni since I assumed that I was NeTi for so long.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since it has not been explained to you, the only rational conclusion is that you have no Ti. In fact, the only rational conclusion is that you must be INFp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said that I cannot be a Ti type because no one has been able to provide any evidence that I am... just that I do not think I am based on my understanding what Ti and Te are, and if others do see Ti, I'm curious as to why.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol I had at least 4000 before I really knew anything of socionics, and 6000 at least before I really understood the differences between the functions, particularly Te, Ti, Ne, and Ni since I assumed that I was NeTi for so long.
    Aren't you smart.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This place has been primarily a social outlet for me. Originally (like the first 4000 posts or so) I didn't put any more thought into socionics than simply reading the descriptions and assuming that since I was ENTp, I had strong Ne and Ti and writing all kinds of stuff about them... like about how Ne sees patterns in events... LOL. Anyways, I'm not sure why, but I got interested in Model A. Once I had a decent understanding of Model A, ENTp didn't make as much sense. I couldn't see my PoLR being Fi, and I couldn't see my 5th and 6th functions being Si and Fe. I had NEVER thought ISFps sounded like a good match for me (so of course I went around ranting about how duality is over rated and whatnot). I didn't really start learning about the differences between introverted and extroverted functions until I considered that Peter could be an ISFj... and read the ENTj/ISFj duality description to find that it described my ideal relationship.

My point is that I didn't really cared to learn about or understand socionics until somewhere around 4000 posts. I feel partially responsible for the misconceptions about Te and Ti (and to some extent Ne and Ni) around here. Not much I can do now though, other than focus more on socionics and continuing to read and learn more about socionics and discussing what I'm learning.
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people saying that you are a Ti type could also not mean that they see Ti. for example, it could mean that they see Fe. or something.

associations with the functions could also have nothing to do with the functions themselves, even though it is an accurate association. So maybe someone might not say. "you are Ti because you talk about the external statics of fields" or whatever the kids are saying these days.

EDIT: when i say things its not with the implication that one hasnt thought of this. but i dont think it was stated in the thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We knew Joy... God, we all already knew that much.

As for your type, I think people keep on saying ENTP no really because of any Ti, but more because of your inconsistency, your manipulation, your troubles with opinionated people, your inability to build up a stable (fruitful?) life (job?), and your always-moving-forward (never backwards) mindset. In other words, your Ne. At least that's one possibility.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    We knew Joy... God, we all already knew that much.

As for your type, I think people keep on saying ENTP no really because of any Ti, but more because of your inconsistency, your manipulation, your troubles with opinionated people, your inability to build up a stable (fruitful?) life (job?), and your always-moving-forward (never backwards) mindset. In other words, your Ne. At least that's one possibility.
    <3 thanks Rocky. I couldnt find the words.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    As for your type, I think people keep on saying ENTP no really because of any Ti, but more because of your inconsistency
    inconsistancy of what? moods and opinions during a major life crisis?

your manipulation, your troubles with opinionated people
    I didn't realize that these are strictly ENTp traits

your inability to build up a stable (fruitful?) life (job?)
    That's just simply not true. Where did you even get that idea?

and your always-moving-forward (never backwards) mindset
    I didn't realize that these are strictly ENTp traits
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you're saying that I'm obviously Ne but not apparently Ti... why would I be ENTp instead of ENFp or INFj?
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you're saying that I'm obviously Ne but not apparently Ti... why would I be ENTp instead of ENFp or INFj?
    you just don't have that goofy but friendly and caring delta NF vibe.

I think you're ENTp, because it seems to fit better. I know you said that being ENTp felt very unhealthy, but consider this: For years, I interpreted ENFj type traits as a sign of strong stress bordering depression. The more unhealthy I feel, the more I match ENFj type descriptions. What looks like a "passionate person with strong vivid emotions" feels like living in the body of a madman! Most of the time I go through life hiding that, because I don't want people to think I'm very emo. When I really am stressed, I use so much energy to keep my thoughts from affecting my emotions, that I end up looking stoic and emotionless.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kristiina.

I think I act very much like a depressed ISTp when I'm unhealty. I act very ENTj at my best. The only way I act "ENTp" is if you look at the "P" instead of NeTi... and that's a ridiculously foolish thing to do. Yeah, I am a bit messy... that means I'm intuitive, not that I'm a P type (not that all intuitives are messy blah blah blah).

I am still willing to consider other types. ESFp seems like the only other real possibility, but I don't think I'm ESFp. If anyone wants to comment, feel free.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With this function, it is possible to deconstruct and disassemble various levels of thought, concepts, and ideas in order to gauge a sense of their inner workings or how they habitually function. Probably the most powerful aspect of Ti is an active ability to remain focused on tenacious analytical or logical task of a specific theme and the ability to break down, refine, and index it into sub classified fields for ready access, assessment, consideration with direction back to the main point or original theme if needed; other important features of this function include the ability to express ideas in the most concise and logical manner that could be implemented to appeal to the logical processes of others.
    I was going to write an explanation of why I am not Ti... but having quoted this, I find that there's not much left to say.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad mcn00dlebrain wrote that. Otherwise you might have a point.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is incorrect about it?

Also, can you link me to, or describe in your own words, what Ti looks like in practice (not just an abstract description of it)?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is incorrect? Well, pretty much all of it, lol. It's a bunch of convoluted nonsensical mumbo jumbo. That doesn't describe anything.

As for Ti, well, read Phaedrus's posts

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, I know I'm not a Ti type because in conversation with Ti types, they are more focused on how my individual points fit into their structured thought patterns than the point of what I'm saying. If you take each statement individually and don't look at the point and contenxt of what I'm saying, it's not difficult to find inaccuracies or inconsistancies... it very often has to do with how I word things. I often don't disagree with what they are saying but get frustrated because I have little interest in their structured thoughts (which seem needlessly detailed to me)... I just want to show them what I'm seeing. At the end, we often find that we agree. A lot of times I knew in the beginning that we agreed but because it's not generally possible to state a point without listing at least a few individual points, I cannot communicate my main point with them without them having to pick apart the individual points before even being capable of hearing the main point.

I can see how some could argue that this is a Ti PoLR and that I'm trying to communicate Se points to them... making me an ESFp... but if you compare the following, I don't see myself as being detail-orientated enough to be a Se type. I am far more attentive to what things are doing than every static detail of them.

With this function, it is possible to collect multiple physical sensations from the eyes, ears, nose, taste and touch in order to register into a readily available databank their entirety and the various conscious considerations concerning them. With Se, one can collect and maintain a massive amount of indexed facts, figures, statistics, and other bits and chunks of data involved with varying experiences in order to derive a global picture of the whole of different varying physical sensation as they stand in the concrete physical world. However, Se also maintains an active neutral stance on the entire whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one-experience conflicts with any of the other indexed experiences, it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals.
    vs.

With this function, it is possible to collect multiple thoughts, modes and trends of thinking in order to register them into a structured and growing databank of strong, factual knowledge. Te also maintains an active neutral stance on all of the whole of its inputs, even if the whole of the input of one thought process conflicts with any of the other core processes it remains non-biased and registers them all as equals. Probably the most powerful aspect of Te is the power to not only stay well informed of new ideas, trends, and changing modes of thinking that may be utterly critical to survival in competitive atmospheres, but the ability to convince through logical implementations objectively designed to reorganize and even direct the thinking of others into certain modes of logical reasoning.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    What is incorrect? Well, pretty much all of it, lol. It's a bunch of convoluted nonsensical mumbo jumbo. That doesn't describe anything.

You're making a pretty convincing case for a Te PoLR in yourself.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

You're making a pretty convincing case for a Te PoLR in yourself.
    And how is that?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ex-roomy just told me to do this:

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    ex-roomy just told me to do this:

hahaha, that was gonna be my first post in this thread but I didn't for some reason. lol it was the first thing that came to mind when i saw the thread title.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE