TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Here's some insightful Fe+Ni:

Thanks for posting that. I would tend to agree with your typing. I don't care for that kind of message delivery. I have heard other people use that style as well, people that I otherwise like, and it feels like they are trying to "put" their emotion on me.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this is a sensory type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    this is a sensory type
    nah brah

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I would tend to agree with your typing. I don't care for that kind of message delivery. I have heard other people use that style as well, people that I otherwise like, and it feels like they are trying to "put" their emotion on me.
    It's fascinating how people differ, lol. I appreciate his intense delivery, it really drives the message home for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    That was simple but brilliant Fe & Ni usage. I enjoyed listening all the way to the end.
    I'm glad that someone else appreciates Dr. Murdock

I just realized that I spelled his last name wrong in the title of this thread. How lame.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and watched it again. Murdock has a very good use of Fe. He clearly values Ni. But at the same time you can see that he is very self aware of the way he is coming across.

In contrast, as I mentioned in another thread, when I, an EIE, start speaking earnestly about something, it comes across almost a little geeky. My self awareness takes a back seat to the importance of my topic. @Maritsa suggested Murdock was a sensor, so could he be SEE? I have 2 SEE friends who are teachers with very good command of their subject areas, and he reminds me a bit of them.

Here is a short clip of Bono, an EIE, talking about Nelson Mandela:

Notice when he starts talking about poverty in Africa, that he loses his self awareness in his passion about what he is saying. It is a very subtile difference.[/QUOTE]
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I went back and watched it again. Murdock has a very good use of Fe. He clearly values Ni. But at the same time you can see that he is very self aware of the way he is coming across.

In contrast, as I mentioned in another thread, when I, an EIE, start speaking earnestly about something, it comes across almost a little geeky. My self awareness takes a back seat to the importance of my topic. @Maritsa suggested Murdock was a sensor, so could he be SEE? I have 2 SEE friends who are teachers with very good command of their subject areas, and he reminds me a bit of them.

Here is a short clip of Bono, an EIE, talking about Nelson Mandela:

Notice when he starts talking about poverty in Africa, that he loses his self awareness in his passion about what he is saying. It is a very subtile difference.
    [/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "aware of the way he is coming across"? How is that related to type, anyway?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "aware of the way he is coming across"? How is that related to type, anyway?[/QUOTE]

I think SEEs are known to have a heighted sense of the affect they are having on others. I will try to give you some examples later.