Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trap, Rap, Hip Hop Music

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Joetren himself is less a fan of trap (he thinks the pinnacle of Trap quality was reached when Stitches dropped his hit single 'Brick in yo face')

However, on the topic of HipHop as a whole and not a collection of sub-genres I shall whole-heartedly proclaim to being a staunch fan of Eyedea, Aesop Rock (old and new, no hate to the stuff he did with collabs either), Oddisee (pretty much everyone he collabs with too), and a much larger number of other artists (Complete list can be compiled but does not come with this post as is.)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

That was fun. ^ He looks just like somebody that I used to know.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumperboy1 View Post
    chief keef and fredo santana is about as good as it gets in the trap muzic scene
    I like Chief but I think he sounds like he has had a bit too much of the dirty sprite lately. I don't think of him really, when I think of trap, because I like a bit more hardcore stuff. I get strange looks from people when I blast trap in my car. I live in a predominately white area and it makes me smile to see them stare when I don't have a black friend in the car with me. When I do they don't give me the same looks. Sometimes a carload of wannabe MGK or Eminem look alikes pull up next to me and start blowing their horns and trying to get my attention. Then I just feel weird and usually pretend like I don't hear them. Eyes straight ahead, avoid.

I download a lot of my music here.

Edit: I listen to just about everything except for opera and country. Maybe a couple of songs in those genres but not my thing.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Creepy-bg

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Love Kendrick's music and can't wait for his new album.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Love Kendrick's music and can't wait for his new album.

Thanks for adding some different flavors to this thread. Sometimes I get used to a certain style then forget about some of the other stuff I like. @bg is also good at adding some smooth stuff too.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Thanks for adding some different flavors to this thread. Sometimes I get used to a certain style then forget about some of the other stuff I like. @bg is also good at adding some smooth stuff too.
    No problem! You're from the south, aren't you? I was raised in Metro Atlanta and now living near Orlando.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    No problem! You're from the south, aren't you? I was raised in Metro Atlanta and now living near Orlando.
    *deleted*
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-21-2020 at 03:49 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Born in Greece, childhood in KY, then NYC, NJ and Philly. I am in Tampa area now. I love the dirty south (Linked for those unfamiliar) sound but I go by my moods...east, west, or south. I don't think I have heard much from the North (Canadian rap) Most people I have met coming out of Canada are more into hitting the rock scenes. Nice to meet you. I am now imagining a mad tea party some day.

Transkar will be back soon. Tarpon Springs meet up, possible.

I've got an old friend who lives in Tampa. He's a beatboxing waiter.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

<3

YWIMW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question: what is so great about Kendrick Lamar?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Born in Greece, childhood in KY, then NYC, NJ and Philly. I am in Tampa area now. I love the dirty south (Linked for those unfamiliar) sound but I go by my moods...east, west, or south. I don't think I have heard much from the North (Canadian rap) Most people I have met coming out of Canada are more into hitting the rock scenes. Nice to meet you. I am now imagining a mad tea party some day.

Transkar will be back soon. Tarpon Springs meet up, possible.

Damn, you've been around! I was originally born in LA but raised in the south. Never heard of either of those things you mentioned but that sounds cool. I've met like four people from MBTI/Socionics groups. Actually, the first dude I met up with was active in the IEI-SLE Facebook group. I made a google hangout link there so people would come in and talk (sometimes even EJArendee). Found out one dude lived in Orlando but went to school in UF so we met up like twice.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heavynurse View Post

question: what is so great about Kendrick Lamar?
    I dunno. He's pretty lyrical and deep? I also like that his songs have nice beats.

Yeah, I can be shallow in that respect. Sometimes I don't even pay attention to the lyrics of songs, just the images the song as a whole invoke in me. Music often serves as a background to my imagination. I usually have the spot light in there. I may be being admired, being transformed, hanging out with friends, being heroic or whatever and the beat has a huge impact on that and also why some types of songs don't do shit for me especially the relatively chill kinds of songs.

Really loving this song right now.

LOL!@ The top comment. Some person is asking what's wrong with the girl's face in the video and that it bothered her. Some dude responded:
    "Yea you're right, its a dangerous disease called.....freckles. I have those too and so do millions of people around the world."

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't usually but I was listening to some Usher in the car today. Pitbull too.

YWIMW

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Praise the lord, amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    meh.
    Thank you for the drive-by. I am sure some christian rap rock may suit you better. Drive-by again soon.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

[10:30:14 AM] Olly: you like ghetto ass shit so you may not like j. cole
    [10:30:16 AM] Aylen: to my rap behavior
    [10:30:22 AM] Aylen: heh
    [10:30:24 AM] Aylen: fuck u
    [10:30:27 AM] Aylen: hahahahahaha
    [10:30:31 AM] Olly: lol!
    [10:30:51 AM] Olly: haha my xxx friend likes that song
    [10:30:54 AM] Aylen: i like ghetto boys
    [10:30:54 AM] Olly: song
    [10:30:58 AM] Olly: it's catchy
    [10:31:15 AM] Olly: *Cuts Aylen off*
    [10:31:41 AM] Aylen: oh!
    [10:31:43 AM] Aylen: no!
    [10:31:53 AM] Aylen: i will not be ignored heh
    [10:32:11 AM] Olly: *ignores*
    [10:32:36 AM] Aylen: ain't happenin'
    [10:32:41 AM] Olly: "do not disturb"
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-10-2016 at 03:41 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

When I miss my friend (R.I.P.) I like to listen to stuff she liked.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Album hit in 1996
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ἀταραξία

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Lyrically not my sort of thing, but wonderfully minimalistic and artistically effective.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I woke up with this song in my head.

YWIMW

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

dank af.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    dank af.

Literally the worst thing ever.

Lacking in creativity, repetitive, redundant, amateur and boring.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    Literally the worst thing ever.

Lacking in creativity, repetitive, redundant, amateur and boring.
    Baking soda, I got baking soda.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast