0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Hey @Alonzo, as the local tiger motif guy, I was curious if you’ve had the chance to check out “Tiger King” on Netflix? Highly recommend if not:

I’m also interested in what Joe Exotic’s type could be (I have an idea but I will reserve it for now ). Just something cool to dig into during quarantine.
    HAHAHA, I'm on episode 4! But I’ll do you one better, I’ve actually been to Doc Antle’s zoo! LOL I’m an avid lover/admirer of Big Cats (especially tigers). Cats are my spirit animal > moody, kinda shady, quasi autistic (weird social and eating habits, weary of being touched by the unapproved, sensory sensitivities) loners. Lol They want everything on their own terms.

This rather compelling train wreck laughs in the face of those who say "white people" (within an American context) have no culture. lol How I do love a festering societal underbelly.

Type wise, I think this is a Gamma SF shit show–and I VI’d everyone. Joe, Carol and Doc are all SEEs; John and Travis are/were ESI. The millionaire husband that Carol probably fed to the cats was a Gamma NT. Dat Gamma duality...lol There are just too many “power games” and (poorly thought thru/planned out) acting based on deep convictions between the whole lot of em for me to believe otherwise.

There is an “alpha”/primal/predatory (not used pejoratively) aspect to strong Se valuers (especially leads) that make them well suited to deal with beings that are sensitive to power dynamics. They embody corporeal confidence and will, which is necessary if you’re interacting face to face with apex predators. All of the best vets I know are Fi valuers, especially strong ones, because they excel at closing psychological distances, even with animals, which as you know engenders intimacy and connection. The ability to “know” someone or some thing, without them necessarily have to speak and broadcast “who they are” is one of strong Fi’s most “magical” abilities.

But yeah, Tiger King is a hot ass mess and I kinda dig it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved this movie

And what a job this would be.

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tink seems grumpy.

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some say he saved the world.

Some say he betrayed a nation.

All we know is that the pizza delivery guys call him "the Gorb."

For anyone who cares, that's LII vs LIE at the table.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Some say he saved the world.

Some say he betrayed a nation.

All we know is that the pizza delivery guys call him "the Gorb."

For anyone who cares, that's LII vs LIE at the table.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by chriscorey; 04-03-2020 at 07:20 PM.

-Krishna

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    HAHAHA, I'm on episode 4! But I’ll do you one better, I’ve actually been to Doc Antle’s zoo! LOL I’m an avid lover/admirer of Big Cats (especially tigers). Cats are my spirit animal > moody, kinda shady, quasi autistic (weird social and eating habits, weary of being touched by the unapproved, sensory sensitivities) loners. Lol They want everything on their own terms.

This rather compelling train wreck laughs in the face of those who say "white people" (within an American context) have no culture. lol How I do love a festering societal underbelly.

Type wise, I think this is a Gamma SF shit show–and I VI’d everyone. Joe, Carol and Doc are all SEEs; John and Travis are/were ESI. The millionaire husband that Carol probably fed to the cats was a Gamma NT. Dat Gamma duality...lol There are just too many “power games” and (poorly thought thru/planned out) acting based on deep convictions between the whole lot of em for me to believe otherwise.

There is an “alpha”/primal/predatory (not used pejoratively) aspect to strong Se valuers (especially leads) that make them well suited to deal with beings that are sensitive to power dynamics. They embody corporeal confidence and will, which is necessary if you’re interacting face to face with apex predators. All of the best vets I know are Fi valuers, especially strong ones, because they excel at closing psychological distances, even with animals, which as you know engenders intimacy and connection. The ability to “know” someone or some thing, without them necessarily have to speak and broadcast “who they are” is one of strong Fi’s most “magical” abilities.

But yeah, Tiger King is a hot ass mess and I kinda dig it.
    Oh wow, how was Doc’s zoo experience in person compared to what little we saw in the show?

What I find most interesting is how they all seem to have, at least, hints of sociopathic traits if not more. Carole hides behind this flower crown benevolent hippie queen mask that isn’t so convincing, not to mention most of what she says/her reactions are with a smile which is somewhat unnerving. I saw a funny Tik Tok the other day that was captioned something like “when you get away with murdering your husband and the feds never find out” that had pics of her and Courtney Love morphing into each other... then I noticed that they actually seem to VI similarly and I type Courtney SEE rather than the typical SLE label. I at first thought Carole was Fe base because of her image but looking at the story of how she met her husband and the image of her with her current husband literally having him on a leash you might be on to something with SEE for her as well as the other two (it’s more glaringly obvious with Joe of them all).

But back to before... a lot of sociopaths say they have a much stronger connection to animals than any human, probably because they view humans as objects and with animals it is easiest to control them and have them as literal objects because they can’t speak back and are much more easy to dispose of when they have no more use (Joe shot some of his own cats and there were rumors of the others getting rid of cats when they outlived their use if I remember correctly -> like Doc Antle supposedly euthanizing them). Not to mention the sex cults built around the cats.
    Last edited by flames; 04-04-2020 at 05:52 AM. Reason: correcting grammar while stoned past midnight
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow, how was Doc’s zoo experience in person compared to what little we saw in the show?
    I thought the show captured him and his zoo's essence rather well > narcissistic, kitschy, bawdy, and creepy. The documentary confirmed all of my suspicions and assumptions. What threw me most were the weird sexual undertones--seeing scantily clad women in those skin tight, tacky ass animal prints virtually making out with/being mounted by the cats, all in front of an audience that included kids; and Doc went out of the way to present himself as the ring leader/the most alpha of the alpha predators/Sultan of the harem, which to me suggested Trumpian levels of insecurity and over compensation. What stood out to me were the moments where he'd break character--heavy demonstrative Fe almost always strikes me as slightly fake and unnatural, and I found it interesting when a forced, inauthentic smile would give way to what I perceived (before I knew about impassive, stoic valued Fi) as cold indifference.

What I find most interesting is how they all seem to have, at least, hints of sociopathic traits if not more.

But back to before... a lot of sociopaths say they have a much stronger connection to animals than any human, probably because they view humans as objects and with animals it is easiest to control them and have them as literal objects because they can’t speak back and are much more easy to dispose of when they have no more use (Joe shot some of his own cats and there were rumors of the others getting rid of cats when they outlived their use if I remember correctly -> like Doc Antle supposedly euthanizing them). Not to mention the sex cults built around the cats.
    lol Oh yeah, it was a cluster-B-fuck. But I tend to think that when it comes to personality disorders and associated stereotypes/correlations, Gamma SFs skew more Borderline than anything else. I question how likely it is that one can possess high D Fi and Fe and have low [as in a reduced cognitive capacity for] empathy, few to no emotions and meaningful interpersonal connections, as is often found with "sociopaths" or those with ASPD. When folks with BPD show "no empathy," it's because they're so strongly focused on their own [dis-inhibited, over powering] feelings that they can't consider someone else's; they can lash out with cruelty and hostility because they are hurt or feel victimized in some way, whether real or imagined. Also, their unstable interpersonal relationships are due to splitting, or a cycle of idealization and devaluation > "I hate you then I love you, then I love you but I hate you."

Overall, it seems to me that there was A LOT of unbridled, disregulated emotion fueling the motivations and behaviors among this cast of characters more so than it was emotionally detached, cold and calculated scheming. It's like if Joe and Doc were euthanizing their animals (and they probably were), they shed a tear before or after. lol And they'd rationalize it in a way that didn't compromise their Fi, like "I had to do this so that the zoo could live on and continue to spread joy," OR they temporarily pushed down their feelings in the moment but released them privately or later on. I never really got the impression that any of the zoo owners didn't actually care for the animals (in their own way). I dunno, I just think that even though all peoples, all sociotypes, including ethical and logical types, can do some heinous shit, the underlying motives and how they get there will differ.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Cryin?"

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you can't go out to party, you can live vicariously.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is a fckin' Car...I want one of these to drive into the ground this summer....lilke a used but restored with 90k miles. i'll even take with more miles...just enough I can drive it into the ground this summer. i'm not into the design of the hellcats or demons. 1964 Pontiac Tempest GTO ...That's a fckin' car. listen to that fckin' engine roar! Thing is a beast like me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite comedians. I remember not being able to speak to grown ups until spoken to(you had to stand and wait quietly). Then i moved from the south to cali and thought cali kids were crazy. They just spoke to grown ups like they were grownups.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cable Girls (Netflix) is special.

I'm only a handful of episodes in, but the ending section of each episode...... amazing. Introverted IEI's will love it.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol it never gets old

-Krishna

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Orthodox Easter is coming

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalgia trip

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These type of videos are so lovely the nostalgic 90-year-old within me wants to cry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao ok.

Female version of that 69ine rapper guy is my instant judgment.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've been watching the show Caliphate on Netflix. So far, it has been outstanding.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find myself wondering what this actress VI as

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm challenging myself to watch the whole thing through.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I find myself wondering what this actress VI as

I think she's EII. Which is strange, because Ryan Gosling seems ILE to me.

Wait, later in the clip she seems IEE. Weird.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think she's EII. Which is strange, because Ryan Gosling seems ILE to me.

Wait, later in the clip she seems IEE and he seems SLI. Weird.
    Thanks. A girl who looks just like her is dating the ILE I love most in this world, and I'm paranoid she will rip his heart out. I can tell he loves her.

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Thanks. A girl who looks just like her is dating the ILE I love most in this world, and I'm paranoid she will rip his heart out. I can tell he loves her.
    I was thinking about this. If your friend's GF is either EII or IEE, then either way, she and your friend are both Infantiles in that relationship. Let them have their fun. It will be a learning experience for both of them.
    I don't worry too much about ILE's having their hearts torn out. They can be replaced by rotary pumps. And in the meantime, while he is recovering, you can introduce him to a nice SEI.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-26-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Chemical Bromance View Post

I'm challenging myself to watch the whole thing through.
    Holy shit. That was real???