Results 3,161 to 3,200 of 3928

Thread: What are you watching?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at 5:37

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Leviathan View Post

In order to understand "The Problem of Evil," you have to think about the backstory that's told in the Bible. God created all things, including Satan. If God created Satan (AKA the father of evil), that means a) God knew all that would happen, but did it anyway;
    yes, think of this kinda like avengers endgame (have you watched it?), the "there is 46559324564 possible endings and only one ending where we win" etc.

c) God was not entirely good, thus evil also came from him
    yes, I don't know if you know but Lucifer (the original name) means "full of light" or something close to that. After he and 1/3 of the angels riot, the others started calling him Samael, which means "poison of God".

You can infer based on what's in the Bible that God planned for billions of people to go to hell before they ever even existed
    But then you are also implying these people don't have free will, 'cause it's unlikely people would choose hell by their own free will. So the big question here is: do they have free will or are they just expectators? If they have free will, then they can't blame god, that's like blaming your hunger for burning your tongue after eating hot food. If they don't have any free will, then by all means, God is evil

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    yes, think of this kinda like avengers endgame (have you watched it?), the "there is 46559324564 possible endings and only one ending where we win" etc.

yes, I don't know if you know but Lucifer (the original name) means "full of light" or something close to that. After he and 1/3 of the angels riot, the others started calling him Samael, which means "poison of God".

But then you are also implying these people don't have free will, 'cause it's unlikely people would choose hell by their own free will. So the big question here is: do they have free will or are they just expectators? If they have free will, then they can't blame god, that's like blaming your hunger for burning your tongue after eating hot food. If they don't have any free will, then by all means, God is evil
    Yes, and if hes all knowing, he knew what Satan would do and chose it; if all powerful, couldve stopped it; if all good, could not have made such evil exist, and he would arguably have been willing to stop it.

Read the Exodus where it says God hardened Pharaohs heart so that he would not listen to Moses. Then tell me how God gives free will. To what purpose was that for, too? "To glorify God." Yeah, all firstborns murdered, etc. just to show his "glory". Sounds narcissistic as fuck. This is the asshole everyone is supposed to worship? No thanks.

But yeah. Pharaoh. God made him syubbornly resist. Free will was not a thing. Proverbs: heart of the king is in God's hands. So, by your own words, God is evil. I agree.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 05-19-2022 at 12:20 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother's SEE fiance and I just had a really great conversation about this:

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, the YT algorithm is psychic this morning.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and if hes all knowing, he knew what Satan would do and chose it; if all powerful, couldve stopped it; if all good, could not have made such evil exist, and he would arguably have been willing to stop it.

Read the Exodus where it says God hardened Pharaohs heart so that he would not listen to Moses. Then tell me how God gives free will. To what purpose was that for, too? "To glorify God." Yeah, all firstborns murdered, etc. just to show his "glory". Sounds narcissistic as fuck. This is the asshole everyone is supposed to worship? No thanks.

But yeah. Pharaoh. God made him syubbornly resist. Free will was not a thing. Proverbs: heart of the king is in God's hands. So, by your own words, God is evil. I agree.
    I like how you didn't address anything I wrote, you just repeated yourself but with more specifics that were completely out of context btw. Moses did those things,not God lol. God only talks to them at the begginning of the Exodus, all of the rest was Moses nonsense. I suggest you read the Quran for more info too. And read again the part where I told you about the avengers scene.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    I like how you didn't address anything I wrote, you just repeated yourself but with more specifics that were completely out of context btw. Moses did those things,not God lol. God only talks to them at the begginning of the Exodus, all of the rest was Moses nonsense. I suggest you read the Quran for more info too. And read again the part where I told you about the avengers scene.
    I did address what you wrote, and no, it says God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses. Go look. It says it many times throughout the Exodus event. Exodus 4:21, 7:3, 9:12, 10:1, 10:20, 10:27, 11:10, 14:4, 14:8, 14:17 that isn't even every account...

Free will? Really? Where?
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 05-20-2022 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did address what you wrote, and no, it says God hardened Pharaoh's heart so that he would not listen to Moses. Go look. It says it many times throughout the Exodus event. Exodus 4:21, 7:3, 9:12, 10:1, 10:20, 10:27, 11:10, 14:4, 14:8, 14:17 that isn't even every account...
    Ah yes, yes, my bad. I thought you were talking about the animal sacrifices and shit like that. That was Moses saying it would please God, but God himself never said anything like that, that's what I meant. So about he having hardened the Pharaoh's heart, that's true. But I don't see why that necessarily makes him evil.

Free will? Really? Where?
    Ok, although I don't like people answering my question with another question, I'll assume you are saying God doesn't give them any free will and therefore, by my own arguments he is evil.

Now, you probably want to know if I agree, or you want me to be more specific in what I meant. I'll say this:
    -Evil came from God, but I don't think that makes it evil, it makes him "whole".

About omnipotence and stuff:
    -I believe this is taken too literally by people, it used to mean that he has power beyond imagination but being literally omnipotent implies in a couple of things:
    1- There can only be one omnipotent God in a universe (or else the other god will cancel it's omnipotence)
    2- "do" is different from "not do", so being unable to do something doesn't imply lack of omnipotence (for example, me having the inability to pilot an airplane, that's not an ability it's the lack of one)
    3- all of his powers have to be logical in order for we to aprehend. In other words: can a omnipotent being make a squared sphere? By definition a sphere is round, so maybe he can but how would we know how is that anyway, since we humans can only understand things by the logical rules of our minds etc..

Now why did I told you all of that? I don't know, I like telling people random trivia. Anyways, I don't believe the biblical God is literally omnipotent, just have power beyond imagination.

Now, about the "god being evil because he knew what was going to happen and he did it anyway etc.":
    -when I told about the avengers thing, I meant that God being all powerful and all (or almost all powerful), have tried all different versions, have tried making perfect beings different from us, have tried making everyone nigh-omnipotent, have tried almost everything and all different version lead to boredom or a shitty ending. So he had to use evil for us to conquer.

Forgive my memory but I remember the story goes kinda like this in the "final version": God already had the angels, we don't know how they were made really, one of the angels (Lucifer) was very powerful, very arrogant but still doing his job and stuff. Then God made the humans and in an attempt to sort of teach Lucifer some humility he told him to serve us in general ways, serve us in
    whatever we needed. Well Lucifer despised us because we were weak and we were way less powerful than angels and easily tempted by mundane matters and stuff (pleasure of sex, eating, getting angry, etc). So he thought this God's creation was pathetic and he could do a better job, so he tried to overtake God and was met with resistance by other angels

Now, he wasn't the only one, he convinced a group of angels to rebel (ok, I already said that I guess) and they did, and they lost. Mainly he was defeated by an Archangel called Michael, then he aqcuired all that grotesque form etc. He made hell and lock himself there.

So the main point of it all I guess is this: There were Adam and Eve (and that can also have a very symbolic interpretation which I can give later if you wish). Adam and Eve ate from the tree, that was a sin etc. But they didn't go to Hell. They just came to Earth: a place not as good as Heaven but also not as bad as Hell. That's because humans have the weakness of the flesh so to speak, since we are more easily tempted than angels, their price is higher for betrayal.

... so a bunch of things happened and then the former Lucifer (let's call him Devil now as I think Satan is just a generic name for any enemy of God).. so Devil made a deal with God, he said: "I'm gonna prove your human creation is so pathetic that I will tempt them all and in the end they will all turn against you. So that was the deal and God realizing he was going to lose, made himself human, to try and see if the temptations were so great that it wass impossible to overcome. So he did, was born as Jesus and then he realized it was near impossible so what he did was, after he got crucified...

[warning, non-canon stuff coming]

before resurrecting on the 3rd day, he went down to hell to talk to Devil and said, ok you were right, most of them would never make it anyway. So here is the thing, since I made myself one of them and overcame it all just barely, I'll pay for their sins. They won't go to hell anymore unless by own free will.

And that's how it all went...

Now if you want to talk about Adam and Eve underlying meaning etc.. we can talk but I want to do it some place else, because here is the topic where we post what we are watching etc..lol.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lycantrope I liked your old avatar better, the one with the anime character with an X-shaped scar.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laughter and Yawn are among the most contagious things in the world...

Last edited by godslave; 05-21-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to Sam a lot.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this an ESI??
    or even ILI?
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister insists that I'm Damon

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

religion is man made. When I say man, I mean MAN. It's always a man. It doesn't make any fuckin sense.

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    religion is man made. When I say man, I mean MAN. It's always a man. It doesn't make any fuckin sense.

Why don't you try making an appealing religion?

I think Margaret Murray came close.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Why don't you try making an appealing religion?

I think Margaret Murray came close.
    I could, but I don't think anyone would hear me because I'm Dx schizophrenic. Basically the angels say"be nice and don't hurt people"

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I could, but I don't think anyone would hear me because I'm Dx schizophrenic. Basically the angels say"be nice and don't hurt people"
    I feel like schizophrenia is probably an aid in creating a religion, not a hindrance. Paul the fake apostle and John of Revelation were both unhinged and possibly had hallucinations, and people still read their writing 2,000 years later.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I feel like schizophrenia is probably an aid in creating a religion, not a hindrance. Paul the fake apostle and John of Revelation were both unhinged and possibly had hallucinations, and people still read their writing 2,000 years later.
    They said ":the angel sounded like the roar of a crowd." That's what the angel sounded like to me. It was so loud it hurt my ears. I thought, maybe they were schizophrenics too?

-Krishna

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm crying.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT:
    After listening to this, I feel like he is just stating the obvious in this one...