Results 2,401 to 2,440 of 3902

Thread: What are you watching?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Dudes ticks eat too much
    I’m probably one of them. Bloodsuckers love me for some reason. I have a suspicion in the back of my head that it has to do with eating fruit.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I’m probably one of them. Bloodsuckers love me for some reason. I have a suspicion in the back of my head that it has to do with eating fruit.
    You don't seem like a tick to me... I asked my ESE mom and she said: Why does he think that? It sounds like-someone is trying to suck the life out of him.

My mom still hasn't shut up after I explained you to her. My ESE mom is going off... In YOUR defense.

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't seem like a tick to me... I asked my ESE mom and she said: Why does he think that? It sounds like-someone is trying to suck the life out of him.
    No, but I’m a dude ticks eat too much.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I’m a dude ticks eat too much.
    Ehhh you're drunk FP. Cool.

-Krishna

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhh you're drunk FP. Cool.
    I try not to drink so early in the day. I am tired though. I haven’t been able to sleep well lately. I gained a lot of weight in the past few years and only recently got back down to a normal BMI again. I’m still trying not to eat since I’m most comfortable being thin. But being hungry makes it hard to sleep. I only eat one meal a day — at supper, since I’m able to feel sleepy more easily once there’s something in my stomach. But if I wake up in the night, usually to pee, it’s really hard to get back to sleep. So I’ve been very tired lately because of that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I try not to drink so early in the day. I am tired though. I haven’t been able to sleep well lately. I gained a lot of weight in the past few years and only recently got back down to a normal BMI again. I’m still trying not to eat since I’m most comfortable being thin. But being hungry makes it hard to sleep. I only eat one meal a day — at supper, since I’m able to feel sleepy more easily once there’s something in my stomach. But if I wake up in the night, usually to pee, it’s really hard to get back to sleep. So I’ve been very tired lately because of that.
    I've had many days start out with beer in my cereal because I didn't have any milk.

Eating one meal a day might be sustainable if you are getting enough calories and nutrients and protein, but it sounds like something is not working out correctly.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You poor thing. You're way more articulate than I am when I'm drunk. I was just teasing you cutie.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you’re already starving yourself—sometimes when I want to loose weight, I go on a “5 bites diet”. Basically skip breakfast, have 5 bites of food for lunch, 5 bites of food for dinner, and two 1 bite snacks. Following a diet like that might be easier than fasting all day, idk everybody’s different.

Also, I’m sure you already know this, but alcohol has a lot of empty calories

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've had many days start out with beer in my cereal because I didn't have any milk.
    @Adam Strange You always seem to keep amazing me with your Si PoLR every time. I seem to always be learning something new lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eating one meal a day might be sustainable if you are getting enough calories and nutrients and protein, but it sounds like something is not working out correctly.
    Well, that’s the idea. Calories in < calories out. I’m probably not getting optimal nutrition, but humans are resilient! I’ll be fine. I just need to work harder at sleeping. That’s really the only problem I have. Fortunately mobilizing Si is so dysfunctional I’m blessed with the ability not to feel consciously hungry, for instance.

Though it’s interesting. I notice that when I don’t eat, I’ll unconsciously betray myself and start moving automatically to go make or find food while I’m distracted, thinking about other things. And it’s strange; if I just stop myself I go right back to this as soon as my attention is distracted. It feels like I have to concentrate on overriding an autopilot program when this happens. I’ve been buying gum and mints to inhibit this tendency. Also, sometimes when I haven’t eaten for a long time I feel sharp stabs of pains on or very close to my bones, either in my upper arms or ribs, as if someone had jabbed an enormous, thick needle onto them, somehow bypassing my skin. I think this is my unconscious realizing I’ve turned off my hunger perception and trying to send me another signal. Lol. This happened especially frequently when I was a kid, and it took me a while to realize that eating made these pains go away. But I’ve since developed the ability to mostly override this as well.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Since you’re already starving yourself—sometimes when I want to loose weight, I go on a “5 bites diet”. Basically skip breakfast, have 5 bites of food for lunch, 5 bites of food for dinner, and two 1 bite snacks. Following a diet like that might be easier than fasting all day, idk everybody’s different.

Also, I’m sure you already know this, but alcohol has a lot of empty calories
    Yes. Sad.

Re. dieting, it’s just easier not to think about food at all. If I eat 5 bites of food I’ll surely want more, but if I don’t eat at all I feel mostly fine; just tense and restless.

look at how delighted these people look when the icecream comes out of the molds

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I see a Se dom picking on a Se PoLR

-Krishna

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Sad.

Re. dieting, it’s just easier not to think about food at all. If I eat 5 bites of food I’ll surely want more, but if I don’t eat at all I feel mostly fine; just tense and restless.
    You still gotta eat! Fruits, veggies, salads! I went no gluten and I was drinking a lot of green smoothies at one time and I was thinnnnnnn. Also, eating something heavy with some protein/fat before bed may help with hunger and with sleep. When I got to bed sometimes, I would eat a spoon full of peanut butter and I would wake up with my stomach feeling full. I know it's not good to eat something before bed usually but maybe having something light to snack on before bed will help. Sleep is just as important as food and we tend to burn a lot of calories when we sleep too. Also finding the times of day which you seem to be naturally hungry may help with spacing out meals naturally too and can help keep focus. There are certain times of the day I get more hungry if I hadn't eaten personally.
    If you still want to drink, I know there are some really good low-calorie alcoholic beverages out there.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    You still gotta eat! Fruits, veggies, salads! I went no gluten and I was drinking a lot of green smoothies at one time and I was thinnnnnnn. Also, eating something heavy with some protein/fat before bed may help with hunger and with sleep. When I got to bed sometimes, I would eat a spoon full of peanut butter and I would wake up with my stomach feeling full. I know it's not good to eat something before bed usually but maybe having something light to snack on before bed will help. Sleep is just as important as food and we tend to burn a lot of calories when we sleep too. Also finding the times of day which you seem to be naturally hungry may help with spacing out meals naturally too and can help keep focus. There are certain times of the day I get more hungry if I hadn't eaten personally.
    If you still want to drink, I know there are some really good low-calorie alcoholic beverages out there.
    Lol not to sound like our Si polr conflictor, but I used to eat straight peanut butter in college because I felt like it was a cheap and efficient way to ingest calories without having to cook.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol not to sound like our Si polr conflictor, but I used to eat straight peanut butter in college because I felt like it was a cheap and efficient way to ingest calories without having to cook.
    LMAO POPTART I STILL DO THAT (trying not to as much cause I need to cut back and get more back in shape but that is fillling)

I have fought people over which peanut butter brand is better. I take that shit seriously. People used to make funny of me for eating spoons of peanut butter out of the jar. Damn have I found my people.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO POPTART I STILL DO THAT (trying not to as much cause I need to cut back and get more back in shape but that is fillling)

I have fought people over which peanut butter brand is better. I take that shit seriously. People used to make funny of me for eating spoons of peanut butter out of the jar. Damn have I found my people.
    What peanut butter do you like?

Personally I haven't tried much, but I like the Kroger store brand. Just peanuts and salt -- I don't understand why some companies add sugar or corn oil to theirs -- and pretty creamy.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What peanut butter do you like?

Personally I haven't tried much, but I like the Kroger store brand. Just peanuts and salt -- I don't understand why some companies add sugar or corn oil to theirs -- and pretty creamy.
    When I was little, I was a Skippy girl. That shit was like liquid gold for me. But they left Canada years ago and I was so devastated. I had to start eating my mortal enemy, Kraft peanut butter with the bears. I actually like Kraft now. I prefer the smooth. But I like to take a spoon and mix it more and get it extra creamy. My parents have gotten me Skippy when they returned from the States a couple times but, its not the same.

As long as it is not natural or crunchy peanut butter, I am generally happy. I cant eat the natural stuff for the life of me. The texture, the taste, ick.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was little, I was a Skippy girl. That shit was like liquid gold for me. But they left Canada years ago and I was so devastated. I had to start eating my mortal enemy, Kraft peanut butter with the bears. I actually like Kraft now. I prefer the smooth. But I like to take a spoon and mix it more and get it extra creamy. My parents have gotten me Skippy when they returned from the States a couple times but, its not the same.

As long as it is not natural or crunchy peanut butter, I am generally happy. I cant eat the natural stuff for the life of me. The texture, the taste, ick.
    Lol I hope this isn’t too controversial—I prefer the Skippy’s “Natural” peanut butter. I like to think of it as “natural-lite” since it’s still significantly more processed than real natural peanut butter.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I hope this isn’t too controversial—I prefer the Skippy’s “Natural” peanut butter. I like to think of it as “natural-lite” since it’s still significantly more processed than real natural peanut butter.
    ................. (JK)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that’s the idea. Calories in < calories out. I’m probably not getting optimal nutrition, but humans are resilient! I’ll be fine. I just need to work harder at sleeping. That’s really the only problem I have. Fortunately mobilizing Si is so dysfunctional I’m blessed with the ability not to feel consciously hungry, for instance.
    In addition to making you gain weight, drinking will majorly disrupt your sleep cycle. Alcohol consumption prevents you from entering deep/ REM sleep. Even though you fall asleep quicker after a couple of drinks, you’re not getting restorative sleep, which leads you to feeling tired the next day. Back when I was drinking, I would wake up nearly every night between 3-4 am and would start drinking again until I fell back asleep. Not surprisingly, I was always tired lol.

Sorry I hope this doesn’t come across as too lecture-y lol.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to making you gain weight, drinking will majorly disrupt your sleep cycle. Alcohol consumption prevents you from entering deep/ REM sleep. Even though you fall asleep quicker after a couple of drinks, you’re not getting restorative sleep, which leads you to feeling tired the next day. Back when I was drinking, I would wake up nearly every night between 3-4 am and would start drinking again until I fell back asleep. Not surprisingly, I was always tired lol.

Sorry I hope this doesn’t come across as too lecture-y lol.
    You know, oddly, I tend to sleep better when I’ve drunk. It’s likely as you say counter to the chemical effect of alcohol, but I think it’s because it makes me happy and calm, while my difficulty sleeping comes from a feeling of being tense and uncomfortable. The more stressed I am the more difficult it is to sleep.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poptart @MissDucki

I am immensely disappointed in you for considering yourselves peanut butter connoisseurs, yet eating the processed kind. Especially you, MissDucki. And here I had been expecting to learn from you!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like Skippy's plain peanut butter.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poptart @MissDucki

I am immensely disappointed in you for considering yourselves peanut butter connoisseurs, yet eating the processed kind. Especially you, MissDucki. And here I had been expecting to learn from you!
    Do what I say and not as I do

Is the natural stuff better for you, yes. Will I recommend it, yes cause it is better for you. Do I think it taste like Satan's spawn? also, yes. There can be two truths. I will eat my crap processed stuff cause it makes me happy and I like the sugar. It is still fairly healthy dammit! Low sugar, low-ish fat, and decent protein. I have taste buds you know! That natural stuff may be good for you but it kills my soul~ I'm not going to knock ya for the processed stuff. Just saying I have my preferences

Edit: When I lived in Germany, I went peanut butter hunting. All the North Americans were on the look out for what peanut butter was the best and tasted the most sugary LOL. They don't really do peanut butter over there and the jars were small. I tried a bunch until I found my fave. Still had my mom and friends ship me peanut butter though.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's what was available when I was a kid. My LSE mother was not a good cook.

My LSE younger sister used to go out in the back yard and eat dirt with a spoon. It probably was healthier than what we were served for dinner.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, though I pass through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...

Here in Belgium I haven't come across peanut butter without sugar or oils but online it is easy to find buckets of plain peanut paste which does not taste half bad

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Poptart @MissDucki

Are you gate keeping peanut butter?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Are you gate keeping peanut butter?
    YES. And there is nothing wrong with that! By the way, I believe that what people mean when they say "gate-keeping" is almost always a good thing.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the alpha's going to be down as the peanut butter gate keepers now? Cause Hell I don't mind. I will happily do so~ Only the best may pass. Though I would rather start another thread on it. I feel bad by keep derailing this thread.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES. And there is nothing wrong with that! By the way, I believe that what people mean when they say "gate-keeping" is almost always a good thing.
    Serious gate-keeping is annoying.

Peanut butter gate-keeping is okay.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer Skippy's the best too. Jif was kinda meh... mediocre and Karen-y, and once I switched over to Skippy I liked it a lot.

I tried Velvet peanut butter for awhile- I don't really recommend that one. Was a weird taste. Wasn't crazy about Peter Pan either.

I'm not sure if I had Kroger's or not- I'll have to try that one. I like to make fun of Kroger and the dumb commercials but some Kroger products really aren't that bad depending on what you are getting.

I agree I'm not fan of natural peanut butter.... at least not the storebought kind I mean if I really wanted it to be natural, I'd just make it myself like a Delta amish housewife that churns her own butter.

Also I loathe frozen meals now. Here's my experience with every frozen TV dinner: They are really convenient and often depending on the meal the first one u get really isn't that bad, and u even kinda like it. It pleasantly surprises you. But then sooner or later you get a bad one that turns u completely off of it. Stouffer's mac and cheeses used to be really good but the last 2 I've had were awful and I've never purchased them again... same with their chicken rigatoni meal. Whatever they are doing in the factory or how it's being processed is making them gross. Often u get a batch that is inedible - I'm permanently turned off from it. And this was stouffer's ... usually they are the best for frozen meals. Some brands are always inedible to me no matter what meal u get. Have you ever ate a Marie Calendar's chicken pot pie? Ewww.

And don't ever fall for 'free coupons' it's usually some horrible food they are trying to get rid of that will make u sick if u eat it. We had a coupon for a free kroger frozen pizza. Disgusting! I didn't even eat one nibble u could just tell how gross it was after I cooked it. Of course a LIE/LSE asshole businessman will give you something 'for free!' if it's on the same quality tier as feces.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 07-21-2021 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love peanut butter too! I'm so happy to have found like-minded people.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this scene..it says a lot.

-Krishna