Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do ESTps say "pwned" or "owned" at strange times?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why do ESTps say "pwned" or "owned" at strange times?

http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=5224

Like if some one says "I like red" some one else chimes in with "Pfft! I like blue" the ESTp gets all excited and says "Pwned!" Most of the time it's when some one says something in an unnecessarily aggressive way... and make themselves look bad. Do they say "pwned" so the other person doesn't look so bad, or do they honestly think it's funny? Another ESTp I knew would say "good call" all the time, as if his opinion was superior and respected in things totally unrelated to him.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's put Herzy in a glass case and study her.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: why do ESTps say "pwned" at the most illogical

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5224

Like if some one says "I like red" some one else chimes in with "Pfft! I like blue" the ESTp gets all excited and says "Pwned!" Most of the time it's when some one says something in an unnecessarily aggressive way... and make themselves look bad. Do they say "pwned" so the other person doesn't look so bad, or do they honestly think it's funny? Another ESTp I knew would say "good call" all the time, as if his opinion was superior and respected in things totally unrelated to him.
    How is this relevant to anything of type???

Why does an electron with a velocity northward go up when a magnetic force pulls it west? Why are we here? Am i really conscience? Are you a figment of some dream I'm stuck in? Am I in a coma?

And most important: How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW.

*Jumps on bandwagon*
    ZOMG I HATE ESTp's TOO! EVERYTHING THEY DO IS AGRESSIVE AND MAKES THEM LOOK STUPID.

Rmcnew if you want to make the forum a better place, delete useless threads like this one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know, I've only ever seen it done here.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"pwned" isn't always the word used... sometimes it's another word or phrase, like "burn" or "good one" or even just laughing.

Zeia: chill. I only started this thread at the request of someone else. I do not appreciate type bashing either. I haven't said anything negative about ESTps in weeks, at least... I decided that I shouldn't anymore when I realized that my kid is prolly ESTp. I only want to understand ESTps better, which is why I asked. Quit trolling.

Why does an electron with a velocity northward go up when a magnetic force pulls it west?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not ESTps, it's . You have it as a value in your quadra.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    It's not ESTps, it's . You have it as a value in your quadra.
    Now that you mention it, I have seen ESFps do this too, but not in the same manner. And Peter says it at appropriate times, for the most part.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Zeia, that was pathetic. There is nothing at all hostile or hateful in this thread, and it won't be deleted. Grow the hell up, whiner.

Joy dislikes ESTp's and has made a thread about an aspect of them that annoys her. How is it not hateful?

I've made comments about ENFj's so I can't really say much but I let everyone know that I don't hate all ENFj's, just one I was dealing with at the time.

I think it would make people less hostile about Joy's hostility if she would tell everyone which ESTp she has focused her dislike towards instead of broad generalizations about them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who said I don't like ESTps?
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

j00 did

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone grow balls.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    you do, in like all your posts about ESTps.
    Quote me. I want to see one post that says "I don't like ESTps."

Everyone grow balls.
    I'd rather not if that's okay
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't dislike ESTps. I really enjoy talking to them one on one.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, no. Inferring that she literally dislikes ESTps, when in reality she is bugged by them and simply expressing herself, is fallacious.

*runs circles around everyone*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

*kills herself and gives up because she can't keep up with the self esteem contests*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    *kills herself and gives up because she can't keep up with the self esteem contests*
    how is making a passive aggressive statement giving up? and who has self esteem issues?
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The usage of the word "PWNED" [albeit a totally obnoxious term] is probably not anything type related.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no word in itself is type related. it's the usage of it.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

and who has self esteem issues?

Everyone.

I give up because I can never come out being at least equal, let alone on top. It doesn't matter right now anyways I just felt defeated.

Oh...and after further discussion with Joy, she actually doesn't dislike ESTp's, I just assumed the anti-ESTp posts mean't she disliked all of them when she actually just dislikes their behavior in groups and when they are obnoxious. She also knows that not all ESTp's are the same, and I was bothered by the generalizations.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want anyone to feel like I have to be on top of anyone. I just don't want anyone on top of me (you know what I mean ).

And as far as the thing with ESTps in groups... I think I just get really irritated by the way they fish for Fe, and even more irritated when they get it. Ew, do that in private. :wink: It isn't so bad when they're dealing with people who act all Fe to begin with, but when people who I can usually count on not to be like that start being like that because of the ESTp, I get really, REALLY irritated. It feels like a betrayal for some reason, even if nothing has actually changed.

There, I said it. Anyways, that's why I enjoy ESTps when there aren't other people around. They are funny and bright. They make a lot of good observations. If you're trying to get something accomplished, it's good to have an ESTp in your corner. I mostly like their observations though. They notice stuff that most people don't, sometimes funny stuff and sometimes important stuff.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zomg. Everyone calm down. We all love ESTPs and that's why we talk about them so much. They can be annoying, I might wanna shoot them sometimes, but we all love them to some level. Okay? Calm.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do ESTps say "pwned" at the most illogical tim
    it is because they are types. i hate illogical tims and i am sure they do as well. fuck you illogical tim! go learn some logic!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was "time?" but it got cut off I thought of editing but didn't bother
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to guess what type you are Joy, I'd guess ESTp. But it's hard to say because I don't know if you're different IRL than online. And my knowledge on this is a lot less than most people here.

You do seem pretty and though. To me. Which I don't see as a bad thing at all. I wish I had some of those traits.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no response.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    If I had to guess what type you are Joy, I'd guess ESTp. But it's hard to say because I don't know if you're different IRL than online. And my knowledge on this is a lot less than most people here.

You do seem pretty and though. To me. Which I don't see as a bad thing at all. I wish I had some of those traits.
    I honestly tried to apply ESTp to Joy, and in some ways it fits, but I think ENTj fits better. A large reason why I think this is because the supervison between us is very apparent, which is why I feel like she is being condesending a lot and I get upset. This mainly happens online, in person I almost like the supervison because she sort of feels like a big sister (which I've never had at all cuz I'm the oldest).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in person I almost like the supervison because she sort of feels like a big sister (which I've never had at all cuz I'm the oldest).
    <3

when are you going to come visit?
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

asap baby!!!!!!!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

I honestly tried to apply ESTp to Joy, and in some ways it fits, but I think ENTj fits better. A large reason why I think this is because the supervison between us is very apparent, which is why I feel like she is being condesending a lot and I get upset. This mainly happens online, in person I almost like the supervison because she sort of feels like a big sister (which I've never had at all cuz I'm the oldest).
    I don' t think these feelings are characteristic of the socionic relation of supervision. If they are, they can apply to other people too then. In general i feel that only a very few evidences can actually be said to apply to choosing one type over the other. This is the first time I have heard aurora faerie suggest ENTj as Joy's type.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I just feel like Joy supervises me, and it fits better than ESTp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah really, what the hell is up with inappropriate 'pwns'? i know they drive me fucking batshit!
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah, it's usually funny. if it's not, it means it was most likely inappropriate and then the person saying it just looks like an ass
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"pwned" isn't always the word used... sometimes it's another word or phrase, like "burn" or "good one" or even just laughing.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to ask some questions which I know will make me look stupid. But here it goes:
    What does 'pwned' stand for? How do you pronounce it? Where did it originate? Was it on this forum?
    thank you

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-pokeball

It is gaming language. It means pawned or owned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe the inferior functions of the ESTp's are coming out for us all to see. see the defensive stature, and the lack of objectivity?

its a perfectly valid observation.

however, disliking it is usually an indication that one's self has the same problem, or a similar personality trait which leads to a similar issue.

<rant>
    what drives -me- up the wall is that people use "pwned" incorrectly, and then mispronounce it as "pawned" or "poned." all it is is a common typo for owned. so at -least- just say owned.

while im at it, whats with noob, n00b and newb? just say newbie, and only if the person really -is- new at it. if they aren't new at it, and they still act like it, THEN call them a noob. sure. makes sense.

</rant>

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

pretty much what Herzy said^^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pwned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast