Thread: Si as dual-seeking function

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si as dual-seeking function

To ENFps and ENTps (or anyone else) - - how do you experience as dual-seeking? What is it exactly that in other people does for you?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel kind of anxious if things are disorganized or messy. But I have trouble taking care of that stuff very well myself and I need help. No help = anxious.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if I have ever met anyone who was my dual. I have read so many descriptions on the nature if Si, that it has gotten me al confused and still have no frigging clue what it is.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to answer what it does for me when other people have it.

It's hard to answer exactly because it isn't something that I really notice for what it is at the time.

I hated our light fixtures. Hated them. I'd complain about them but it didn't seem like that big a deal or it was just something I'd have to live with.

One day my husband said, "Let's look at light fixtures." I was amazed! This problem could be solved? We could just go out and buy new light fixtures?

Then I was in the light fixture store and I had no ability to tell which were the right ones for us. I could eliminate some immediately but I'm not good at judging between different things. He made the final decision and they look lovely.

Then he thought it would look better if the walls weren't all white and he painted the walls! Yay! The house looks pretty

Another thing is my pantry. It gets disorganized and I don't do anything about it or notice it particularly except it is annoying when I can't find things. Then my husband will see me struggling with it and he'll just all of a sudden start re-organizing the pantry! All of a sudden I can find everything! Such joy!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Then my husband will see me struggling with it and he'll just all of a sudden start re-organizing the pantry! All of a sudden I can find everything! Such joy!
    Cool, I ever you get rid of him, send him over here! Single sex marriages are legal in the Netherlands!

As I will be going to France next weekend, I really need to find my expired passport in order to get a new one at the town hall... now where is it??
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much appreciate when some one tidies up for me, but it's because I feel like I'm supposed to, not because the disorganization bothers me. I don't even notice clutter for the most part, but because of society's expectations I feel defective if things are messy. If they tidy up, it means I don't have to. As a result, I am very, very, very appreciative of some one who tidies up. Takes the pressure off me. And it makes me want his babies (but not soon).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isxps are some of the messiest people i've ever known. i wouldn't expect that from them.

it is hard for me to explain what i find appealing about . with isfps it seems to involve a sense of closeness and intimacy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't know about ISTps being messy. When we were both working, my husband did most of the cleaning and did a pretty good job. Now that I'm at home, I do all the cleaning and he does nothing at all, but he nags me to keep it clean. So that's not keeping it clean but it's working toward clean one way or another.

My ISFp father-in-law spends a lot of time cleaning but he doesn't seem to get that much accomplished to me. My mother-in-law (ESFj) seems to do most of that.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-pokeball

Ive noticed in my ISFp friend that he gets cranky/moody if his meals get too far apart (well, I call it bitchy but whatever). He then complains of a "migraine" if it has been too long. So we have to make sure (read: I have to make sure) that he is fine on road trips because his mood permeates if not (which is annoying imo but whatever).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    it is hard for me to explain what i find appealing about . with isfps it seems to involve a sense of closeness and intimacy
    Actually this is what I have observed between my ISFp sister-in-law and my ENTp brother -- she is fond of being playful with him in a touchy-feely way. Is that sort of like it?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that seems more Fe
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be an ISTp--

How Si works for me in relations to others- I know everyone's personal health habits and i relentlessly criticize them and try to change them. Eventually i know some bright free-spirited girl is going to come along. She's sweet, and has deep feelings about the world's problem. Thing is she loves hamburgers and can't pick up after herself. She needs direction in these matters. I'm fucking pro. Disciplined, organized, and i really enjoy seeing improvement in the ones I love.

cheaply- She can fix the world but i'm the only one that can fix her.

or

I'll make a skeptical face and say, "hey, you need to go home and get some sleep."

Maybe this isn't Si, but part of my disciplined nature.
    asd

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even know was my dual seeking function. I really dont know

Um i like boobs?? please help. lol

I have a friend who is an ISTp and when i walk into his room it is the most disgusting thing i have ever seen. I am very bad at tiding up but my mum is an ISFj. My mum is so good at cleaning if i drop a crumb it will be gone before it hits the floor
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is restful. Meditative. Relaxing. It centres me. No fuss, no hectic activism. It's balanced and it gives you good food. It's got a leisurely, hedonistic lifestyle with plenty of cuddles.

About ENFp-ISTp duality: I'm beginning to think that NeFi in combination with a Ti PoLR makes you often torn between several conflicting perceptions... like, you feel angry at someone, but you're also able to empatize with them, which sucks... or you see so many facets to a particular topic or problem, it's just a huge babble of bits of information and you wade through, unable to sort it all through and decide what's really important. Moreover, there are so many things one could do, so many potentials one ought to realize... It's stressful, at times. ISTps can help us to prioritize and sort out our endless perceptions and integrate them into something that makes sense. They seem to be rather good at asking a brief question, or making a remark, and suddenly you go: "Of course... that's it! Why couldn't I see this before?" ISTps also have this wonderful attitude: "I do my own thing and if the world in general thinks it's odd... that's their problem." (Usually they're also pretty considerate, btw, so it's OK.)

They have this cool, aloof, totally together exterior that says "I don't need ANYone", but when you get to know them they're highly principled, generous, caring and loyal. They've got a side to them that's childlike in a good way, but it rarely gets an outing unless they feel totally comfortable with a situation. If they do, they can be playful, ticklish, trusting and lots of other things I won't get into here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    About ENFp-ISTp duality: I'm beginning to think that NeFi in combination with a Ti PoLR makes you often torn between several conflicting perceptions... like, you feel angry at someone, but you're also able to empatize with them, which sucks... or you see so many facets to a particular topic or problem, it's just a huge babble of bits of information and you wade through, unable to sort it all through and decide what's really important. Moreover, there are so many things one could do, so many potentials one ought to realize... It's stressful, at times.
    WTF. That was explained so well. Im really impressed with you.

I think its our ability to empathise whilst being angry that makes us a good match for the ISTp.

Now that i think about it, even though i dont think i know any ISTp women personally, i had this thought of just sitting comfortably on a couch. Talking is not neccesary, it was really pleasant. As an ENFp, even though it probablly seems like im playing all the time, i feel it very difficult to really relax so if i get that, it would be awesome
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I might be an ISTp--

How Si works for me in relations to others- I know everyone's personal health habits and i relentlessly criticize them and try to change them. Eventually i know some bright free-spirited girl is going to come along. She's sweet, and has deep feelings about the world's problem. Thing is she loves hamburgers and can't pick up after herself. She needs direction in these matters. I'm fucking pro. Disciplined, organized, and i really enjoy seeing improvement in the ones I love.

cheaply- She can fix the world but i'm the only one that can fix her.

or

I'll make a skeptical face and say, "hey, you need to go home and get some sleep."

Maybe this isn't Si, but part of my disciplined nature.
    <3

That's the second post in two days that's made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    is restful. Meditative. Relaxing. It centres me. No fuss, no hectic activism. It's balanced and it gives you good food. It's got a leisurely, hedonistic lifestyle with plenty of cuddles.

About ENFp-ISTp duality: I'm beginning to think that NeFi in combination with a Ti PoLR makes you often torn between several conflicting perceptions... like, you feel angry at someone, but you're also able to empatize with them, which sucks... or you see so many facets to a particular topic or problem, it's just a huge babble of bits of information and you wade through, unable to sort it all through and decide what's really important. Moreover, there are so many things one could do, so many potentials one ought to realize... It's stressful, at times. ISTps can help us to prioritize and sort out our endless perceptions and integrate them into something that makes sense. They seem to be rather good at asking a brief question, or making a remark, and suddenly you go: "Of course... that's it! Why couldn't I see this before?" ISTps also have this wonderful attitude: "I do my own thing and if the world in general thinks it's odd... that's their problem." (Usually they're also pretty considerate, btw, so it's OK.)

They have this cool, aloof, totally together exterior that says "I don't need ANYone", but when you get to know them they're highly principled, generous, caring and loyal. They've got a side to them that's childlike in a good way, but it rarely gets an outing unless they feel totally comfortable with a situation. If they do, they can be playful, ticklish, trusting and lots of other things I won't get into here.
    This is really good! I can relate to that completely I get so stressed out over little things, but I turn them over in my head over and over again and get all worked up over them.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slacker mom and meatburger: thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I think its our ability to empathise whilst being angry that makes us a good match for the ISTp.
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Now that i think about it, even though i dont think i know any ISTp women personally, i had this thought of just sitting comfortably on a couch. Talking is not neccesary, it was really pleasant. As an ENFp, even though it probablly seems like im playing all the time, i feel it very difficult to really relax so if i get that, it would be awesome
    Same here. When I started dating my ISTp it rather was like sitting comfortably on a couch. All the advantages of being in company with all the advantages of being on one's own.

Ah! remembered another thing about that I like. isn't in a hurry and doesn't hurry anyone else. Could it be because has such a funky learning curve? Like this: at first I'm always slooow to pick anything up, because I need to learn it by heart until I'm able to do it intuitively, without having to think about it. Then I can do things very fast. Until I get there (esp. when I was growing up) I'm "hurried up" a lot and made to feel slow and inefficient. Isn't this something other dominants have complained of? Yes/no? If it is, it could be another reason why suits us.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll contribute with a translated quote from a heavily Ne ENFp friend of mine.

"I don't understand why I should go out with a guy? I just want someone to fix my computer and car. I'd like him to just sleep on the sofa the rest of the time, a bit like a piece of furniture. Then I could wake him up when I want him to do the dishes or something. It's a pity dogs don't know how to fix computers, it would be so much easier."
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's insulting.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    That's insulting.
    Very.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smilingeyes presence is arrogant and insulting.
    asd

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a strange reaction.
    But somehow it made me smile.
    The woman in question is actually quite a romantic person and at the moment deeply involved with a man whose married to someone else. As far as I understand she seems to be purposefully find difficult situations in the field of romance and she knows this. Therefore she simultaneously yearns to be a tragic figure and is pained by it, simultaneously pursues captivity and release from it. My ex-wife, whose friend this actually is, agrees with me on this.

Point being, it's a true story.

So, if hearing it made someone feel insulted, are you insulted by the woman, by the fact that such things happen in this world, or by the fact that I chose to retell this story here? Also, please note that I'm an ESTj and share functions with anyone that story is referring to, so actually I believe that anyone I might currently be interested in, would see me somewhat in the same light as that story, so if there is insult given, I'm as much the target as anyone else... Something which is quite typical of my stories.

Arrogance is not really a part of me, though something very close to it I have in spades (the difference being that arrogance implies that the person thinks much of himself, and this I do not do. I think as little of myself as I do of others. Of course, most people only care about how much I care of them and thus believe it's arrogance. There's irony for you.)

But when a person is insulting to you by his mere presence and existence, there's something wrong in the situation. Generally, when reality mocks you, you deserve to be mocked. This isn't targetted at anyone in particular, it's a truism.

Perhaps it's best to leave it at that and go back to the regular flow of the thread?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I feel a need to tell another story, just so people get the previous one into perspective. This is what the woman I'm involved with right now told about her interests in men.

"Usually I don't really want a man. I'm quite okay just spending time by myself. But sometimes I feel I'd like to meet some really slimy guy who just came and took me or something, and then I start to hate the idea and I feel easier just being alone again. I know that all men find me repulsive anyway."

She's an INFj of an extreme Ne persuasion i.e. she's also looking for Si.

(I have no idea if it's better to be a slime than a piece of furniture.)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilex!! lol. I didn't realise your an ESTj. I thought they hated socionics

Sounds like some of the delta women you know aren't very healthy
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i take back my statement. You aren't really arrogant or any of that. In fact you share a lot of information and that's a great quality. As for the woman--she can do as she pleases. When I read her statement I thought, "well, that's a remark lots of people are going to find offensive, but it's really just a sensational quote." Good luck being your new type.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Sorry but I feel a need to tell another story, just so people get the previous one into perspective. This is what the woman I'm involved with right now told about her interests in men.

"Usually I don't really want a man. I'm quite okay just spending time by myself. But sometimes I feel I'd like to meet some really slimy guy who just came and took me or something, and then I start to hate the idea and I feel easier just being alone again. I know that all men find me repulsive anyway."

She's an INFj of an extreme Ne persuasion i.e. she's also looking for Si.

(I have no idea if it's better to be a slime than a piece of furniture.)
    Furniture generally smells nicer. But slime can get in and out of tight spots.
    asd