Thread: Favorite perfume

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Lavendar, make my own skin butters, etc. always scented with organic lavendar essential oil.

I love musk though, a lovely any sex (man or woman) musk scent is heady and very sexy.

As for perfume, I have a very old Obsession, which I love, but it's too much to deal with the aroma usually.

What does Obsession perfume smell like?

Addictive and long lasting, Obsession sets a sexy, provocative mood with a unique blend of heady, spicy, woody and floral notes on a sweet, seductive base of oriental vanilla and amber.

This is my most favorite: Oscar by Oscar De La Renta though I don't have any right now.

What does Oscar de la Renta perfume smell like?

Description. Oscar is the first perfume by Oscar de la Renta and is a classic, floral, slightly sharp perfume of aromatic notes of lavender, rosemary and carnation, with sweet, powdery, and musky base notes.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main perfume is Coco Chanel mademoiselle. Husband loves it, too. I also really love the smell of Vera Wang Princess, and so does he. I like floral, but husband thinks it smells like old lady. I’ve worn Kate spade bloom and coach poppy because when I get excited for spring, I want spring like scents. Mademoiselle doesn’t jive with helping lore feel spring like, ok?

i love going to the perfume section and trying them all out, but eventually I run out of space. So I use my kids as testers. Lmao.

anyway. I liked one last time I went to Ulta and now I can’t remember what it was.

but I read some about victor Rolfs flower bomb and I really want to try it. I just can’t find it in a store anywhere around here to test it. I thought about buying a small purse spray of it online

I also really like jasmine, rose, and lavender scents. I spray lavender body spray on myself and hair before bed every night because it’s suppose to be relaxing and help people fall to sleep. I guess it’s one of my ‘nightly rituals’.

I also really liked Lancôme’s La Vie Es Belle in stores. But it’s just so HEAVY. I think it might be more like a fall/winter scent. Or evening. But it seems more fall/winter scent to me. Idk. It’s just a lot. I didn’t like it nearly as much after I bought it and started wearing it , which is weird because I was totally addicted when I smelled it in the store.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Holy is the name of my ruthless axe Pyretta VauxDevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I. Current favourites:

Heeley - L'Amandiere's fresh, green florals and creamy almond for the spring
    Heeley - Cardinal for feeling like a (sanctimonious) saint, wrapped in soft linen, possibly exorcised by the fumes of myrrh
    Houbigant - Quelques Fleurs l'Original for feeling like a vintage porcelain doll that might be possessed
    Demeter Fragrance Library - Funeral Home for feeling like a vintage porcelain doll that's most definitely possessed, and has been buried for 15 years (this one can be tricky to use, I've been trying to layer it with white florals)
    Alkemia Perfumes - Evil Temptress (carnation with dark spices and leather)

II. A few perfumes I can't wait to put my hands on:

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - The Chapel Perfume Oil (black incense, bitter wine, brimstone, bile, and blood)

You come to a building that seems to have been hastily erected from splintered wood, stone, and plaster. Flickering light from within sparkles out through blood-tinged chunks of glass that have been wedged into the arch entrance. You push open the thick velvet curtain that covers the mouth of the building and look inside. The chapel is small and cramped, and the air is thick with heavy incense, bitter wine, sulphur, and the coppery scent of blood. A massive stained glass window is set against the back wall, glowing brightly.

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Pulcinella & Teresina Perfume Oil (labdanum, cedar, teak and red rose)

Your eyes are drawn to a gilded miniature stage whose sign reads: “All Praises to the Lord of Misrule!” Upon the platform, a sneering wooden jester waltzes with a hollow-eyed and bleeding wooden maiden, while a wooden devil floats above them.

Poesie - We Shall Be Monsters (bitter almond + black licorice, graveyard dirt tinged with blood, the green bite of galbanum, forbidden manuscripts)

“It is true, we shall be monsters, cut off from all the world; but on that account we shall be more attached to one another.” The Monster’s plea for a bride Does longing have a shape or a scent? It is born when we are, and it follows us to the grave.

Solstice Scents - Scrying Smoke (Natural and Meditative Melting Frankincense Resin, Frankincense Smoke, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cedar, Petigrain, Vetiver, Labdanum)

Last edited by Pyretta VauxDevil; 05-30-2022 at 11:05 AM.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VeryMuchPyretta Your queefs are my favorite perfume.
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    Out of these, I would probably like Pulcinella and Teresina Perfume Oil. Cedar sounds nice, and nothing in the list really seems like it would bother me. Scrying smoke also sounds potentially interesting because it has wood and vanilla scents. While smoke sounds interesting, I'm not sure if I'd really like incense or anything "meditative". I'm kind of detached from the images and descriptions.

Edit: I seem to generally like the following scents:
    -Things related to sweets, such as vanilla.
    -Things related to fruits, especially if they actually smell like fruit.
    -Coffee.
    -Some natural or herb-like scents. This can range from mint to rosemary or sagebrush.
    -Smoke, usually wood smoke. For some reason, I like the smell of fires and burning.
    -I somewhat like the smell of rain or wet nature. I have no idea how this can be mimicked in a perfume. I don't think I'd try to.

Generally, I tend to like smells that aren't overpowering. I think I would rather have no smells than an overpowering smell.
    It cracked me up how neutral and detached this analysis was (especially after mentioning how the descriptions and images did nothing for you), but it's very interesting to hear this from someone, and it's great you know what you like in scents.

On https://www.fragrantica.com/ you can find perfumes by notes.

Demeter Fragrance actually has a perfume called Petrichor: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...hor-44994.html, Thunderstorm: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...torm-5966.html and Fireplace: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...ace-19889.html

Mind you these are not necessarily pleasant scents - they actually try to mimic the smell of different things, whether it's considered "good or bad".

Here's also this thread: https://www.fragrantica.com/board/vi....php?id=158830

David Zyla suggests perfume notes for each archetype (based on seasonal color analysis)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the first link and saw perfumed horoscope. Having no idea how to embed gifs, I'll just post the link to the gif that describes my reaction below.

https://media.tenor.com/y2r6H-vDahUA...m-thinking.gif
    I love that this is ironically the first thing you see on this site, amazing.

Edit: Based on the accords from the perfumes in the second set of links, I would probably go for Petrichor if I needed to wear perfume. Aquatic sounds like it probably matches me or maybe the image I'd want to give. Thunderstorm also sounds like it could be interesting, although I'd guess that it smells intense. The accords for that one aren't showing up for me.
    On the site there are many discussions (forum) what kind of scent somebody is looking for, and the more experienced giving some tips. It might also be useful for you to only get samples, if you can, so you don't have to spend a shit ton of money on a whole bottle that you might end up hating. I also quite often get bored of one fragrance, and this gives a nice variety (although this might not be an issue to you).

Admittedly, I guess my attitude towards perfumes is sort of like they could be useful if I needed to appear to be important or interesting for some reason, but I probably wouldn't wear them normally, even on dates. But I'm also the type who doesn't really wear makeup either. I think that if I wore perfume, I would probably also wear makeup (the event would probably need me to wear both).
    I think you can look at perfumes this way for sure, it can really help with the aura one wants to achieve. I often find myself using them even when I'm alone, because they can elevate my mood, or simply get me into a headspace I wish to experience - I don't like to think of perfumes or makeup as something I can only enjoy connected to other people, but I understand it can seem tedious or unnecessary to some. Besides experimenting on your own mood, another way to play with them is creating ridiculous contrasts.

Another aspect is appreciating the art that goes into these scents - a well created perfume is a whole symphony, and can be enhanced with illustrations and stories (I actually love the idea of mixing mediums for achieving the thought/emotion in mind). Now this brings up another question, which is "how much am I actually paying for the feeling of a well-crafted, alluring mirage", similarly to how nowdays they are selling detergent, soft drinks and their mom by targeting some sense of life satisfaction, identity and meaning to an empty society instead of just selling the product itself, but to me this is a category that often shows craftsmanship and beauty.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a favorite perfume. They all are different smells, you know. You have to have variety. I loved Acqua di Giò way way back when I was a young stud. I also used to masturbate smelling my ex's Lolita perfume. It was that sexy. She then gave it to her mom, which was a bit weird, since I used to have that bottle in my one hand and... well

P.S. My sister gave me a new bottle of YSL L'Homme for Christmas. It's a very borderline girl's smells to me, but it's very pretty.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ball stench
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by born2simp View Post
    My ball stench
    Yeah, also foreskin drench

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so not perfume exactly (although some of these i've used may have had some perfume as well) but essential oil blends I have enjoyed in diff products

Eucalyptus + spearmint
    Rose + vanilla
    Rose + tangerine + tea
    Lavender + chamomile
    Sandalwood (the floral/powdery/light scented kind, no mens fragrance smell)
    Lavender, Chamomile, Ylang-Ylang
    Jasmine
    Last edited by necrosebud; 11-05-2023 at 12:32 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ombre Nomade (LV)
    Afternoon Swim (LV)
    Jazz Club (Margiela)

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pink Peony: https://www.softsoap.com/en-us/body-...peony-sea-salt
    This amazing smelling blend of essential oils (there are several): https://www.amazon.com/Teals-Epsom-C...085WJDXSK?th=1
    (Bergamot/Cedarwood/Oregano/Hempseed)
    and also just regular Rose scented can be good too
    Last edited by necrosebud; 11-05-2023 at 01:15 AM.

TIM
    SLI-Si 6w7 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Clinique Happy for Men. It's a very soft, floral, and citrus scent. I don't like strong scented cologne, which is unfortunately the majority of cologne from what I've seen.
    “Ah, children, ah, dear friends, don’t be afraid of life! How good life is when one does something good and just!”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poison.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently used up a bottle of YSL Mon Paris. I liked it, but it seems more summery. I tried YSL Libre and fell in love with it, but when I went back to buy it, it didn’t smell nearly as good. Maybe I was smelling a different version the second type around. I bought a small vial of Viktor and Rolf’s Flower Bomb to try and HATED it, but not nearly as much much as Victor and Rolf’s Good Fortune. Next time I go to an Ulta or similar I want to try cloud, good girl, Burberry her, alien, Chloe and some more im prob forgetting.

but I love the smell almond extract. I’d love to find the smell in more body wash and body lotions. Right now I’m using Dr Bronners body wash in almond extract, but the smell does not stay very long at all.
    Last edited by Aster; 01-21-2024 at 07:08 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the smell of newborn babies and concrete staircases after it rains

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I like the smell of newborn babies and concrete staircases after it rains
    I'm ashamed of my answer now.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I'm ashamed of my answer now.
    Poison is actually the name of a Dior perfume lol!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Poison is actually the name of a Dior perfume lol!
    I know, I wear it. BUT it does not compare to what you wrote.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I know, I wear it. BUT it does not compare to what you wrote.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234