0 0%
  • 95 100.00%

Thread: A/B personality types

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A/B personality types

are they correlated to J/P or something else entirely?

I'm an A and a J, so just wondering.

I added a poll for my own curiosity.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an type A and rational as well. I can think of a type A here who is irrational though, and I'm certain there are many rational types who are type B though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scale presented by Abraham Maslow in his study of monkey hierachy [Alpha/Beta types] does not really coincide wirth J/P exactly. The Judgements and Perceiving functions are correlations between an emphasis on Judging and Perceiving functions, whereas Maslow's scale has to do with how a person presents his or her self within a group [whether your concern or drive is dominance or not], whether you are a J or P type does not directly determine this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A/B personality types" ????

Edit: ok rmcnew just explained it above while I was writing this...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should probably also mention that Maslow's Alpha/Beta theory is highly enviromentally based; theoretically A and B type personalities seem to even out when they are in prolonged atmospheres that promote the growth of self-actualization ... so really [in Maslow's theory] A and B type personalities develop out of enviroments that are not capable of fully supporting every individual in their own goal of reaching actualization. In other words, A and B type behaviours are not permanent parts of a person's psyche or behaviour.

On the other hand, socionics and many other personality type theories concerning the human psyche seem to lean away from enviromental changable influences as a cause for typing and more towards typing being something that is an innate, natural unchangable part of a person.

This really means that they are two entirely diffrent concepts altogether.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand, I should probably say that they are similar in the fact that both Maslow's theory and Jungian [socionics] theory are connected in that they both are striving for the same goal of self-actualization. However, Jungian [socionics] seems to be more about correction of inbalanced innate self-awareness [fatalism, locus of control] issues and Maslow is about the correction of inbalanced enviromental hierarchical issues [self-esteeme, self-worth, potential].

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a B type.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Individuals displaying a Type A behavior pattern are characterized by extremes of competitiveness, striving for achievement and personal recognition, aggressiveness, haste, impatience, explosiveness and loudness in speech, characteristics which the JAS attempts to measure.

See, I'm agressive, impatient, expolosive and loud. But I don't give a shit about achievement, on a large scale, and I compete because it's fun.

However, I'm certainly type A.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

I took the test in 11th grade health and came up a switch-hitter, too.

Creepy-pokeball

Oh I remember... it was the week where we had to think about careers and A/B styles. I remember telling the teacher ( I really disliked her as did most of the students) that I was going to retire when I graduate. She didnt have any humor on that one...

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Type B here, and rational.