Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typing by Avatar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing by Avatar

How strong correlation the style of avatar has to someones type? Is it just random or do you think it is strongly related to type or your leading function.

Styles are e.g. your own normal pic, your own artistic/humoristic pic, normal celebrity pic, artistic/humoristic celebrity pic, pic of some animal, a cartoon figure, some abstract figure, some colourful image, some symbol (e.g. $), some cosmic figure (e.g. a pic of galaxy), ...

Can you come up with any typing rules?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh what would mine make me? that's a pic of me btw.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jk.... it's my kid.... if there's any validity to avatar typing, I'd be Gamma or Delta.

Kristiina would be a Fe type, or at least a type that values Fe... kirby's just too cute imo
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

<--typeless hehe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    <--typeless hehe
    NO.

When I see your name I still see zombies begging for work
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Creepy-pokeball

lol! I loved that one.

btw, this new ENFj person my friends have befriended, has an obsession with vampires. BUT SHE IS DEATHLY AFRAID OF ZOMBIES!?!!? wtf lol. Theyre slow-moving yet rabid obstacles. Vampires are swift and cunning. Me thinks this girl has a few screws missing...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    heh what would mine make me? that's a pic of me btw.
    Hmm..I guess it would make you a mother type

Some things I have observed so far...ENTjs often times have some kind of macho man picture (of themselves or some celebrity). INFps, especially women, might have an artistic photo of themselves or some celebrity. ISTps have animals in their avatars (*cough*). INTjs, if they have somekind of human like character in their avatar, choose a very serious looking face.

I have changed my avatar about once a month but all my avatars have more or less been photos of something I find "cool" like a cool animal, a lonely iglu in a middle of a glazier, a photo of a meteor flying in the sky, a pillow fighting
    promotion avatar. I have never had a human face in my avatar or any kind of artistic or abstract picture. The only non-photo avatar was, I believe, the X-Men III promotion avatar I had for a short while.

Creepy-pokeball

All of mine have stories attached. Theyre usually ensembles of RL melted into pixels that actually fits the lamest avatar size resitrictions Ive ever seen.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine have all been something I found humorous, except maybe that first one, the shroom fairy. my son finds that picture of himself amusing, as do I, so I decided it should be my avatar.

ESFp or ESTp?
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine have all been something I found humorous, except maybe that first one, the shroom fairy. my son finds that picture of himself amusing, as do I, so I decided it should be my avatar.

ESFp or ESTp?
    Your son? I think ESTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new avatar is pretty ENFp-ish I think.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you seen threads about him? click on the in my sig for one from a while back. I'll see if I can dig up others, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you seen threads about him? click on the in my sig for one from a while back. I'll see if I can dig up others, too.
    Yeah I saw those awhile back. I thought ESTp then too. Its the look in his eyes I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<-----Type this :wink:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting dizzy!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ENTjs often times have some kind of macho man picture (of themselves or some celebrity). .
    I was the only one to do that, unless you mean FDG's picture to be that of a "macho man" . My own usual is avatar is meant as poking fun on avatar pictures of people in general. I can't really see any correlation for avatar pictures except perhaps at some level.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ENTjs often times have some kind of macho man picture (of themselves or some celebrity). .
    I was the only one to do that, unless you mean FDG's picture to be that of a "macho man"
    Lol. Well yeah I tried to give some examples and you two came to my mind first. And I do think FDG was kind of macho there Perhaps others didn't see it that way since the setting in the picture was a room with a computer or something. However the way he carried himself in that pic was a bit macho imho.

I might add that ENTjs have also had anti-macho pics like Ashton's avatar and FDG's doggy avatar. But the macho/power theme is there one way or another. Either it is promoted, "anti-promoted", made fun of, ...

But yes I don't think it is a good way to type ppl Just a passing thought after I started to think pretty much all ISTps here have had somekind of animal theme in their avatars and never people theme.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

well my first one was of me and was ppretty faerie-ish

then i messed around with some, one of house, one of peter, one of the bf and i, and then marie callas because i liked the pictures of here that auvi posted

so i guess mine point to infp because they are either all dreamy or have some sentimental value

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things I have observed so far...ENTjs often times have some kind of macho man picture (of themselves or some celebrity).
    Lol I've been told that the pic I used seems some kind of Mafia Boss. I really didn't think about it when I took the pic.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

As a searcher, I put these windmills in my avatar
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<----Uhhh?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    <----Uhhh?
    INTjs, if they have somekind of human like character in their avatar, choose a very serious looking face.
    Well yours is not exactly what I had in mind for INTjs but it gives the impression you take things you see around you pretty seriously

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things I have observed so far...ENTjs often times have some kind of macho man picture (of themselves or some celebrity).

INFps, especially women, might have an artistic photo of themselves or some celebrity.

INTjs, if they have somekind of human like character in their avatar, choose a very serious looking face.
    all three could be said of my current avatar, but Ti is funny... i did have a jesus theme going on at one point also...
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IcEpIcK has "The Rebel" as his avatar. He's SiTe.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine tend to be sluty and inviting if possible. Otherwise they have to be exceptionally esthetically pleasing or have this attitude coupled with innocence. I have an avatar that was all three (Currently my favorite ).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    What about mine?
    You are very ESTp I guess We don't have enough ESTps here to see a trend. Can someone remember what kind of avatars superman used?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    IcEpIcK has "The Rebel" as his avatar. He's SiTe.
    True true I think it is a picture of an ISTp however, hehe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is that in your avatar Herzy?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found my avatar by googling "Baby" ... I don't know why I chose Baby as my handle. I tried switching it to something else. Twice. Neither stuck as well. Most people call me by my real now now, anyway.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There doesn't seem to be too many INFjs with avatars right now. Trying to avoid too much attention I wonder ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herzy: yeah, ESTP

Mystic: it seems to contradict the stereotype that INTJs have weak-stomachs.

<---- OK, now someone type my noble little fox.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've had about 40 avatars in my time on this forum. i save them all to a special file. want me to post all of them so you can type them xox? a sort of "what mental state am i in today?" game

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fox is adorable. And I think it was already said that ISTps are likely to use animals? I'm sure my husband would use a squirrel. He loves squirrels. And woodchucks. Maybe he'd use a woodchuck.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first registered, I was going to use a fox (the Firefox logo to be specific, since I use it on another forum), but since Rocky was the fox, I decided to look elsewhere. After doing a fair share of image searching, I decided to just settle for the Coat of Arms and Motto ("Winter is Coming") of House Stark in the fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    There doesn't seem to be too many INFjs with avatars right now. Trying to avoid too much attention I wonder ?
    Not sure if I'm INFj or INFp, but I'm thinking it's time to change my avatar to something else, something that reflects the subtle evil of my darkside.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

<---- OK, now someone type my noble little fox.
    I just get the song "Rocky Raccoon" stuck in my head, despite the fact that its not a raccoon.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much too corny. That's one SLI fox. *beats self up for horrible, obvious, gay pun*
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I think Superman just used the superman logo as his avatar. yeah, that's it.
    Ok. Based on three ESTps I think ESTps would tend to select a human figure (or something that symbolizes a human figure) which will have somekind of "shock effect" on the audience but also have a humorous element in it. In addition to "shock effect" and humor they may try to project an image of a strong person. Superman didn't have much shock effect in his avatar though but the symbol of strength and embedded humor were there.

In a more general sense at least one component of "shock effect", symbol of strength, and embedded humor has to be there and preferably more than one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i've had about 40 avatars in my time on this forum. i save them all to a special file. want me to post all of them so you can type them xox? a sort of "what mental state am i in today?" game
    Hehe. Thank you very much but I think I have to decline this offer maybe you can study this thread, analyse them yourself and post the analysis results in the forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast