Thread: Fictional Gamma Characters

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I'd have pinned Joffrey as Se demonstrative. LSE > ESE.
    Interesting.. How come?

I would think hes EIE. He seems to value SE, even though his SE is a joke. Unhealthy SE HA is known to use their position of powers over others to bully them which is basically all he ever does. He's very insecure about his weak SE. He's also pretty good at talking to large crowds which fe base is, he can steer them well.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Interesting.. How come?

I would think hes EIE. He seems to value SE, even though his SE is a joke. Unhealthy SE HA is known to use their position of powers over others to bully them which is basically all he ever does. He's very insecure about his weak SE. He's also pretty good at talking to large crowds which fe base is, he can steer them well.
    Well from what I remember he seems to have very traditional delta values, and I'd also agree his Se is a joke which is why I said it for demonstrative. The demonstrative is not taken seriously by the user and that seems to be what he is doing. I'd say talking to crowds is more a factor of confidence and in this case - Ej temperament.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contrary to popular belief Se doesn’t boost your fighting abilities.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm under the impression the protagonist of the Italian movie Mani di velluto (english title: Velvet Hands) are
    LIE and ESI. I've seen that movie a few years ago and watches it again, recently.

Guido Quiller - LIE
    Tilli - ESI-Se

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parks And Recreation Spoilers
    https://youtu.be/7rVDp-HIs7o season 3
    https://youtu.be/t9703ikhQ08 season 5
    April Ludgate ILI
    Ben Wyatt LII
    Andy Dwyer IEE (with April, Illusionary Relationship)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Marlo Stanfield....LIE-Ni

LIE-Ni the ruthless business owner, sometimes easy to mistake for SLE-Ti and LSI, even....
    oh I think this just helped me type my ex as an identical. Was thinking he might be

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Stark/Iron Man - LIE
    Pepper Potts - ESI
    Gamma duality in a nutshell imo:

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI Kyle Broflovaki supervises SLE Cartman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Pepper Potts - ESI

That's not what my panic attacks look like.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    mine either, but I like the characters being typed that way. seems close.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    mine either, but I like the characters being typed that way. seems close.

Tony Stark was originally modeled after Howard Hughes, who almost certainly was LIE, complete with his business acumen, his interest in advanced tech, and his Si-PoLR hypochondria. http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.blo...k-iron_14.html Possibly the original Pepper Potts was ESI.

But this Pepper Potts is an SEI-Fe: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...er_Potts/Quote

This Pepper Potts is a Caregiver- indulgent mommy: https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/28/18...r-potts-rescue
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-07-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Stark was originally modeled after Howard Hughes, who almost certainly was LIE, complete with his business acumen, his interest in advanced tech, and his Si-PoLR hypochondria. http://toobusythinkingboutcomics.blo...k-iron_14.html Possibly the original Pepper Potts was ESI.

But this Pepper Potts is an SEI-Fe: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...er_Potts/Quote

This Pepper Potts is a Caregiver- indulgent mommy: https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/28/18...r-potts-rescue
    I don't enjoy most of Gwyneth Paltrow's work.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! So that means Hepburn and Hughes were in an identical relationship...I'd been thinking about that. A guy I used to date would talk about me being like Howard Hughes. I wasn't sure if Howard was LIE...
    Hepburn seems like one, to me

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey! So that means Hepburn and Hughes were in an identical relationship...I'd been thinking about that. A guy I used to date would talk about me being like Howard Hughes. I wasn't sure if Howard was LIE...
    Hepburn seems like one, to me
    Yes, I'd call Hepburn LIE. You and she seem to have the same focus on women's rights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdQOL2aFufE

Here she is with Spencer Tracy, ESI at 0:51: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFLO3rppkEs

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk dude ESI are/can be tough lmao.

Example: Paul Teutul Sr

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk dude ESI are/can be tough lmao.

Example: Paul Teutul Sr

But that doesn't indicate a lack of strength in a dual. Of course ESI can be tough in some ways. It's one of the features I appreciate about them. It isn't about saving LIE necessarily as much as about being able to handle existing in weird adventures we are drawn to that makes ESI toughness appeal to me. 'Oh, he could make it and not be in distress doing so'

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I'd call Hepburn LIE. You and she seem to have the same focus on women's rights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdQOL2aFufE

Here she is with Spencer Tracy, ESI at 0:51: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFLO3rppkEs
    the quadral complex of "tied [bound] hands

anybody of any demographic being coerced into less of a useful activity based on their demographic gets me confrontational

even employee being the demographic, etc

I think hierarchal corporate structure's largely a mistake at least the way we run them. Should be a whole lot flatter

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pepper Potts - ESI

Close, but no cigar. If he was battered and unconscious and most of his armor broken save for that arm she now wields in that picture. If he had struggled heroically only to fall down broken despite his best efforts to save the day. If she had believed in him only to see him fail and yet not criticize him for that failure but to admire the Herculean effort he put forth despite his ultimate failure and to thus defy the expectations of cynical children like yourself and stand by him and complete his efforts not because "she's a strong and independent WAHMAN" but instead because she saw his virtue, acknowledged his strength of character and will, and accepted that while he may have failed, he still acted like a hero. And thus, though he failed, he still provided an opportunity. He didn't cling to her, he believed in her and trusted her in a sense so absolute it cannot be adequately described with words alone. He knew that even if he failed, at worst, he preserved her life and the lives of the children he had with her. At best, his sacrifice was not in vain and that she would finish the job he started.

Imagine a broken and dying Tony Stark who literally did all they could and yet fell short, the villain delivering the killing blow, only for that final attack to be blocked by Pepper and that last functional arm in a display of true heroism and she, with that one arm, manages to both defeat that villain and in doing so, saves Tony from death. If that doesn't sound amazing to you than you're everything "The Women of Marvel" and most modern mainstream creatives are. Sad, Cynical, Pathetic people who yearn for a lower standard of heroism who sympathize more with their father below (i.e. Satan) more than their merciful savior (i.e. Christ) in their wish we'd all sympathize more with villains than heroes.

I have spoken of romance written for males. Men do love themselves a good romance novel/comic. As I've said, there's plenty of romance Shounen manga. Look for it, it's friggin' there in Shounen Jump of all places! Thing is, male romance comes at the concept of romance from an entirely different angle. Care to tell me the difference? I wager I'll gain a good chunk of info that'll further back my theories .

I'd also like to point out that an ideal Gamma romance hinges on the fact that, while we don't "need" others, we really and truly "want" others. We want our dual, even if we don't truly "need" them. I'd wager that characterizes most dual relations if we assume both are "well adjusted" as it were. Like I've said before, few of us have been granted that mercy...
    Last edited by End; 10-08-2020 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Close, but no cigar. If he was battered and unconscious and most of his armor broken save for that arm she now wields in that picture. If he had struggled heroically only to fall down broken despite his best efforts to save the day. If she had believed in him only to see him fail and yet not criticize him for that failure but to admire the Herculean effort he put forth despite his ultimate failure and to thus defy the expectations of cynical children like yourself and stand by him and complete his efforts not because "she's a strong and independent WAHMAN" but instead because she saw his virtue, acknowledged his strength of character and will, and accepted that while he may have failed, he still acted like a hero. And thus, though he failed, he still provided an opportunity. He didn't cling to her, he believed in her and trusted her in a sense so absolute it cannot be adequately described with words alone. He knew that even if he failed, at worst, he preserved her life and the lives of the children he had with her. At best, his sacrifice was not in vain and that she would finish the job he started.

Imagine a broken and dying Tony Stark who literally did all they could and yet fell short, the villain delivering the killing blow, only for that final attack to be blocked by Pepper and that last functional arm in a display of true heroism and she, with that one arm, manages to both defeat that villain and in doing so, saves Tony from death. If that doesn't sound amazing to you than you're everything "The Women of Marvel" and most modern mainstream creatives are. Sad, Cynical, Pathetic people who yearn for a lower standard of heroism who sympathize more with their father below (i.e. Satan) more than their merciful savior (i.e. Christ) in their wish we'd all sympathize more with villains than heroes.

I have spoken of romance written for males. Men do love themselves a good romance novel/comic. As I've said, there's plenty of romance Shounen manga. Look for it, it's friggin' there in Shounen Jump of all places! Thing is, male romance comes at the concept of romance from an entirely different angle. Care to tell me the difference? I wager I'll gain a good chunk of info that'll further back my theories .

I'd also like to point out that an ideal Gamma romance hinges on the fact that, while we don't "need" others, we really and truly "want" others. We want our dual, even if we don't truly "need" them. I'd wager that characterizes most dual relations if we assume both are "well adjusted" as it were. Like I've said before, few of us have been granted that mercy...
    Men are a lot more than the way they pee. They have a lot of other elements, being human. And reducing their approach to romance as utterly differentiable from that of the way all of the rest of humanity (in their varied approaches) approach romance is suspect

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Men are a lot more than the way they pee. They have a lot of other elements, being human. And reducing their approach to romance as utterly differentiable from that of the way all of the rest of humanity (in their varied approaches) approach romance is suspect
    Still doesn't change the fact they're fundamentally different from women in most all major respects. These are not "bad" differences however, they are just differences. Yes, that includes approaches to romance. Women want to be right about their judgement about a given male being worthy of them (i.e. they want to be correct in judging him to be virtuous). Men want that too mind you, but from their perspective a virtuous woman is one who willingly and unfailingly proves to be both a true friend and loyal to them. And yes, that ultimately includes responding to their affections by being virtuous themselves and all that entails. You can say I'm repeating myself, but we can hash this out in minute detail if you really want to push me here.

A real shocker to most cynics like yourself that is demonstrably proven by, of all things, the success of V-tubers is that men actually much prefer a sweet voice that seemingly supports them emotionally to bare naked real life boobies flappin' in the wind beggin' for their dick. Granted, said voice is still attached to a pretty face but everyone knows that face is fake and that the girls are probably fat and ugly IRL (if they'er even actually girls in the end. If you're as old as me you know that on the net a "girl" is a "guy in real life"). Yet those girls are such convincing actors (at worst) that they successfully convince men they're genuine and thus get more donations than legit... well, the term is rather offensive but you catch my drift I'm sure. Gotta give em' credit for that much at least.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still doesn't change the fact they're fundamentally different from women in most all major respects.
    Yes. It does.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes. It does.
    Styles of communication, what they tend to value in their friends/romantic partners, what hills they're metaphorically willing to die on... That's just scratching the surface. Maybe you're not getting what I'm getting at. I'd like you to spell it out as that'd confirm/disprove a great many of my theories, but as you risk being on the wrong end of that revelation from your own perspective, well, I'm not holding my breath shall we say.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Styles of communication, what they tend to value in their friends/romantic partners, what hills they're metaphorically willing to die on... That's just scratching the surface. Maybe you're not getting what I'm getting at. I'd like you to spell it out as that'd confirm/disprove a great many of my theories, but as you risk being on the wrong end of that revelation from your own perspective, well, I'm not holding my breath shall we say.
    I don't see myself as on the wrong end of a revelation. If I did, I'd work to correct something.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men are a lot more than the way they pee. They have a lot of other elements, being human. And reducing their approach to [x] as utterly differentiable from that of the way all of the rest of humanity (in their varied approaches) approach [x] is suspect
    I agree with this... I also think this should go for all aspects of personality/humanity/types of people which is often done on this socionics forum when people take it to an extreme.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Le chiffre, ILI

https://youtu.be/BI_Vx6y7xG8

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mathias, LIE

https://youtu.be/XCt7gkcfOSE

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vespers, ILI

https://youtu.be/xuyoqS31Yug

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson in The Fall

I didn't just want a scene. I wanted a kind of overview of the character, but those I found on youtube were ~30 minutes. You can ignore the song on this (it seems more Se-ego or something) but look at the character's facial expressions throughout. Gamma NT. The film does a great job at showing Fi in a Te-ego or Te-creative, as well. And I'm wondering about the same in Asia's character on Billions. I saw a clip of that this week when they predict this industry problem that will affect assets, and someone is gravely injured.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI, possibly.
    Ethan Chandler in Penny Dreadful

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj is likely

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part II

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Very much true, but there's still the undeniable fact that stereotypes and other such concepts are a thing precisely because they tend to reflect reality more often than not. While men are most certainly more than the way we pee, it cannot really be disputed that they seek and desire things from the target of their affections that aren't mirrored by said targets (i.e. women).

It's like I've said before, you can write a romance story that guys will chomp at the bit for despite the fact that said genre is "chick flick" territory far as most people are concerned. It'll have a fundamentally different structure and characters in the end but it'll still be a romance novel.

In short, I'm not reducing anything, I'm just pointing out trends that cannot exactly be disputed by anyone with even a single whif of rationality residing within their brains. Another fun fact, men are stronger than women. Testosterone is a thing and unless a girl starts dosing hard on Steroids the average male will beat her in most any contest of strength even if she works out on the regular. That is, unless the male you're talking is obese or something, he's going to outlift that average athletic girl in the endurance department if not the "max lift" department.

Girls get the last laugh though, because it's also a primary reason why men have shorter lifespans than women on average. Both because of the wear and tear elevated Test levels inflict upon the body, and because, well, we don't get preggers and are physically stronger. From a raw rational point of view, what part of your population are you going to disproportionately send into war?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shazza in Pitch Black
    Actor is LIE-Ni. Character seems gamma.

**WARNING** gory dismemberment; violence; 'bad' language

"Sharon "Shazza" Montgomery was the only daughter of the trillionaire Australian industrialist Robert Montgomery.[1]

She gave billions to militant environmentalist group, enraging her father.[2]

She became involved with aboriginal John Ezekiel which created a scandal.

She shunned Earth and her inheritance and became a free-settler, prospecting claims on different worlds.[1]

One e-mag article refers to her "the woman who took the silver spoon out of her mouth --and started digging".[1]

Sharon was one of the survivors of Hunter Gratzner crash. She was most proficient with the tools: cutting apart the crashed ship, and even fixing the Sandcat." https://riddick.fandom.com/wiki/Sharon_Montgomery

Alpinism Jack London

directing actions based on risk, facts (vague and any type could do this)

prolly an ESI boyfriend, and characteristic LIE optimism and Fe Role

directive, preparation, resources

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shazza in Pitch Black Part II
    Actor is LIE-Ni. Character seems gamma.

**WARNING** gory dismemberment; violence; 'bad' language

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Martin Eden eponymous character by Jack London, himself a LIE

this is probably what people want Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged to be, literary- and philosophy- quality-wise. London has arrived at a distinct conclusion from Rand, though, regarding economic and political ideology.

Warning: mental health issues in book.

I read the book. Haven't seen the movie, but the trailer gives you a nice visual synopsis.

* Ni-creative:
    "Ni as a creative (2nd) function (EIE and LIE)
    The individual likes to predict the further development of the situations and topics that (s/)he is interested in. The individual applies (her/)his highly developed sense of vision not as an end in itself, but as a way of promoting the development of (her/)his more central interests and activities."
    Aushra Augusta http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...rted_intuition
    "These types like to find internally contradictory people, "dig" in them and create in them internal harmony and mood. They make for great artists, because they know how to and love to "become" one with an image of a man and play a role from his worldview. They are able to understand the essence of complex internal situations and make for potentially good analysts. Often it is difficult to find employment for them, as their "product" is the internal conflicts of man and essence, and to penetrate so far, into "the soul" of man, you just need to have permission. Often become unstable, vulnerable, fragile, just so that they can harmonize themselves, and sometimes can start to torment and tear into themselves and dig into their own issues. They have a difficulty finding adequate application to their creative function in the world, since it is not in high demand - not everyone wants someone else to dig into their internal states. Their product - bold ideas, principles, systems of belief and knowledge that they bring into the world and promote. But they do this beautifully, creatively, elegantly, not forcibly imposing them but promoting them in interesting ways. Search for internally contradictory situations, like to grasp their essence. Often realize themselves in art and writing, as this is also a good way to use the function. They are able to enter into various internal psychological states. A good speaker, as he is able to influence positively on the internal state of others. Their product is the "wholeness" of the internal state, and therefore they can find success in field of psychology, because it means that they are the healers of souls. In life they loved to dramatize everything. Everyone around becomes informed about the slightest change in their mood or internal state. Usually they are very fond of "making mountains out of molehills", for them this is a way to find work for their second function. The more they become exposed - the greater the realization of their personality in the world." Aushra Augusta http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...rted_intuition

work-focused, agency, working-class young adult devotes himself to studying authors' works to pick up on the patterns that evince their methods and adopt them himself, self-metamorphosis, self-discipline, Ni-creative* (huge economic and political themes), money and expertise and renown as power/ability

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tess Harding, likely LIE

Consumes large amounts of info, hurries and pursues intimacy, and freaks out when gets it because that's heavy

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very much true, but there's still the undeniable fact that stereotypes and other such concepts are a thing precisely because they tend to reflect reality more often than not. While men are most certainly more than the way we pee, it cannot really be disputed that they seek and desire things from the target of their affections that aren't mirrored by said targets (i.e. women).

It's like I've said before, you can write a romance story that guys will chomp at the bit for despite the fact that said genre is "chick flick" territory far as most people are concerned. It'll have a fundamentally different structure and characters in the end but it'll still be a romance novel.

In short, I'm not reducing anything, I'm just pointing out trends that cannot exactly be disputed by anyone with even a single whif of rationality residing within their brains. Another fun fact, men are stronger than women. Testosterone is a thing and unless a girl starts dosing hard on Steroids the average male will beat her in most any contest of strength even if she works out on the regular. That is, unless the male you're talking is obese or something, he's going to outlift that average athletic girl in the endurance department if not the "max lift" department.

Girls get the last laugh though, because it's also a primary reason why men have shorter lifespans than women on average. Both because of the wear and tear elevated Test levels inflict upon the body, and because, well, we don't get preggers and are physically stronger. From a raw rational point of view, what part of your population are you going to disproportionately send into war?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm pointing towards general trends in what they seek and/or fantasize about in regards to their "ideal romance" as it may be termed. Those are patently obvious to anyone without some post-modernist anti-reality agenda to push. Virtue signalling may get you far in the here and now materialistically and gains you many an empty shell of a so called "fan" and/or likes by the thousands on Social Media. But in the truly scientific, rational, spiritual, and ideal sense, it gets you exactly nowhere. Just as planned by the Father of lies who rules this world.

Like I've said and repeated many, oh so many times, the differences between men and women are not in any way, shape, or form bad. Men do things different from women and vice versa. This is as God intended and it is thus best when both accept and adapt to that fact whist being quite thankful that it is the case. You seem to take that entire concept as offensive in a core manner. Why?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pointing towards general trends in what they seek and/or fantasize about in regards to their "ideal romance" as it may be termed. Those are patently obvious to anyone without some post-modernist anti-reality agenda to push. Virtue signalling may get you far in the here and now materialistically and gains you many an empty shell of a so called "fan" and/or likes by the thousands on Social Media. But in the truly scientific, rational, spiritual, and ideal sense, it gets you exactly nowhere. Just as planned by the Father of lies who rules this world.

Like I've said and repeated many, oh so many times, the differences between men and women are not in any way, shape, or form bad. Men do things different from women and vice versa. This is as God intended and it is thus best when both accept and adapt to that fact whist being quite thankful that it is the case. You seem to take that entire concept as offensive in a core manner. Why?
    Hm. Why might prescribing my behavior based on your idea of what it should be bother me?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast