Thread: Gamma Quadra school experiences

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Quadra school experiences

Now I am curious as to how my opposing Quadra faired in school. Share any school experiences here if you want, any point in time of your school days is welcome.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Brainiac thru the end of elementary school when the dysfunction and traumatic experiences started becoming heavy encumbrances. Didn't attend high school for a couple years cus I was too busy running away and having youthful indiscretions. Then got pregnant at 17 and subsequently did a rush job graduation through an alternative school.

Went to a community college but the human services associates degree wasn't used directly, more of a generic two year to have under my belt when I applied for administrative positions.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol it just occurred to me that maybe this is some cross-quadra competition thing. Sorry guys

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Lol it just occurred to me that maybe this is some cross-quadra competition thing. Sorry guys
    Uh no it isn't a competition,

Smh Gammas turning everything into a competition (obvious sarcasm)

No I am just curious to see how Gammas felt about the school system, not necessarily how good your grades were.

Personally, I am a high school dropout on my way to getting a GED and going to community college, as painful as it is...

Although my reasons are different, but nevertheless, still have to take a couple extra steps in order to become a translator now.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suck at it.

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elementary school:
    It was the worst, got bullied and then became a bully. Had an enemy to lover’s story with my lifelong friend now.

Middle school:
    People didn’t like me; I was still kinda a bully. I made another friend, an enemy to still enemies story with my life support.

High school:
    Chaos, people would pull pranks so we had to get evacuated for our safety. But I did kinda live for it. I didn't do much but kinda do my work; I hated gym, physics, geometry, government, economics. I was kinda a teacher's pet, did my work, and went home.

College:
    Wanted to drop out so badly. I didn't talk to anyone unless it was necessary. I also struggled to keep my grades up, which was a very new feeling for me because I was a good student.

My point of view in the school system is that it is crap. My most clear memories are for my underfunded Hs, we had old textbooks, a lot of drugs, and teen pregnancies, and everyone there was for low-income families. It was a vocational school, which you might think oh that good you were taught a trade, such as engineering or plumbing, but no one took it seriously. In college, I concluded that I hated functioning in society. I rather have a simple life without having to push for compliments.
    Last edited by PunkSailor; 05-01-2021 at 01:23 AM.
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kindergarten:
    After my first few days in kindergarten, where I spent my mornings and my best friend spent his afternoons, I clearly remember thinking "School is kind of OK, but it sure cuts into my day."
    We had to bring little rugs to lie on while taking naps.
    One of the girls in kindergarten hit me and I hit her back, but the teacher only saw me hitting her and she punished me, not the instigator. I already knew that my mother wasn't fair, but I was disappointed to learn that the world isn't fair, either.

Grade School.
    I was a smart kid and a good student. I liked some teachers better than others, and vice-versa, but mostly I dimmed my awareness while at school.
    In fifth grade, I was assigned to a class with a truly bad teacher. She made fun of the girls who couldn't afford nice clothes and was generally a bitch. I turned my brain off from the second week until the end of the school year.
    My mother, who was a grade school teacher herself, tried to get the teacher fired, but only succeeded in getting her transferred the following year. At the end of the fifth grade school year, all the kids who were in her class were testing at a fourth grade level, so we were all assigned in sixth grade, en mass, to the best teacher in the school district, Mr. Smith, my first male teacher.
    I think he was LSE. He'd ask you how many pints in a gallon. Then he'd set a gallon jug on your desk and would pour into the jug exactly as many pints as you said were in a gallon. Lots of wet kids that week. He also insisted that kids keep their desks organized. He'd inspect your desk, and if your books and pencils weren't orderly enough, he'd pick up the desk and turn it upside-down. You got to clean up your stuff after that from the floor.
    We had one kid, an SLE in retrospect, who was the world's worst student. But when we were assigned essays, he chose "Muscles of the Human Body", and he came in dressed in gym shorts and carrying a barbell, and he demonstrated all the muscles of the human body. He got an A that day, which was not a common occurrence from Mr. Smith.
    In sixth grade, we had a daily break where we had to all go to the restrooms. I went, but it smelled so bad in there that I'd go in and immediately come back out, and then I'd line up outside the principal's office to wait to be readmitted to the classroom. While I was waiting there, I'd sometimes talk to the principal. Eventually, he called the Stanford-Binet people to test my IQ, which they did. I had an interesting conversation with the twenty-something whom they sent, mainly because it was a break in the routine and he posed interesting puzzle-questions.

In Junior High School, I was a dorkish alien but I ran track, so I wasn't irredeemable. Everyone else was an alien, too. I got into a fistfight in the hall for no reason that I could explain and learned what the detention hall looked like. I fell in love with a thin dark girl with big eyes and long black hair and I wanted to kidnap her to a cabin in the woods, but in the real world I could barely speak to her. She ended up marrying some guy and having four kids. That guy should have been me.
    In seventh grade, I decided I wanted to be an Astronomer. In retrospect, I know why. I wanted to explore to the ends of the Universe, but I didn't feel confident about actually doing things, and Astronomers know what the Universe looks like, but they don't do experiments.

In High School, I was in the most advanced track. We had an excellent school. I took two years of Calculus, two years of Chemistry, one year of Physics, our choir took State honors, I was in two plays, my English class had four students in a high school with twenty-five hundred students and it was taught by the head of the department and she taught us the Classics and how to play Bridge. This was my introduction to the benefits of being in the Ruling Class. I ran track and set the city record for long jump, scored 1590 on the SATs, and got into the Honors Program at the only school I applied to, the University of Michigan. I had two friends (an ESI and an IEI) and didn't date. No girls, no sex, no parties, no nothing. Just studying and playing with telescopes. At the end of my senior year, I smoked weed for the first time with a rich kid who killed himself a few years later.

In college, I discovered that I wasn't all that smart after all, and I did a lot of drugs. A lot of drugs. I worked for some real Astronomers and discovered that they were worse nerds than I was and I didn't want to spend my life associating with people like that, and I almost flunked out when I lost my direction in life, but then I recovered and graduated with a double major in Physics and Astronomy. I took some graduate courses in Quantum Physics and Math That You've Never Heard Of Before but my heart just wasn't in it, so I instead got a job to make some money.

I didn't get laid in college, either. I did get laid while working in a factory. An LSI factory girl who later became a Math professor at U of Georgia. It's funny, but she was skinny and had short black hair. My Imago, apparently.

That was a long time ago.
    Now, I just work. For money.

It isn't bad, really, but it sure cuts into my day.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-29-2021 at 10:57 PM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm not a gamma, but my youngest sister (LIE) is and she's graduating high school in June even though she's only 16. She's very timely with her homework, attentive in class, and is very particular about her friends. She's very kind and supportive of her close friends, but doesn't seem to have any tolerance for drama she deems to be silly. She is very quick to point out if a homework assignment or some element of the curriculum is dumb and doesn't have an apparent purpose. I remember her writing this big long letter to the district last year she asked me to help her proofread explaining how poor the mandatory online portion of the health curriculum was in her opinion. She's very driven and loves to talk about how she's definitely going to make more money than her husband someday. She loves listening to successful people share their stories and has her heart set on being a CEO someday.

In general she is very interested in anything business and finance related, but doesn't like spending large amounts of time on homework she feels won't benefit her and she is quick to share her feelings about exactly how it won't benefit her. She does it anyways though if she can't get her way since she is very serious about maintaining a 4.0
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Sorry I'm not a gamma, but my youngest sister (LIE) is and she's graduating high school in June even though she's only 16. She's very timely with her homework, attentive in class, and is very particular about her friends. She's very kind and supportive of her close friends, but doesn't seem to have any tolerance for drama she deems to be silly. She is very quick to point out if a homework assignment or some element of the curriculum is dumb and doesn't have an apparent purpose. I remember her writing this big long letter to the district last year she asked me to help her proofread explaining how poor the mandatory online portion of the health curriculum was in her opinion. She's very driven and loves to talk about how she's definitely going to make more money than her husband someday. She loves listening to successful people share their stories and has her heart set on being a CEO someday.

In general she is very interested in anything business and finance related, but doesn't like spending large amounts of time on homework she feels won't benefit her and she is quick to share her feelings about exactly how it won't benefit her. She does it anyways though if she can't get her way since she is very serious about maintaining a 4.0
    This is a great description of LIEs. Personally, I absolutely hate to work on things that either won’t succeed, won’t make money, or are sub-optimal.
    I mean, if someone else wants to do that, fine. Knock yourself out. But I ain’t doing it.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is a great description of LIEs. Personally, I absolutely hate to work on things that either won’t succeed, won’t make money, or are sub-optimal.
    I mean, if someone else wants to do that, fine. Knock yourself out. But I ain’t doing it.
    Glad you feel my description is accurate to LIEs! I feel like I understand LIEs pretty well having lived with one for 15 years lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started wondering what the hell was happening when I was 6.
    Overall weird, useless, and uninteresting.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

School never felt like home. Home was a couple hands grasping strongly to make a broken marriage extend its unwelcome stay. I wandered aimlessly through the school halls. Evading my bully's reproach. I wanted most fervidly to seep into the walls. To be unseen. I did well in the stupid kid classes and could not care enough to try at the advanced courses. I was left walking an academic tightrope, longing to be somewhere in the middle without the strain. Eventually, it all came to an end when my father saved me from the final impact.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in my head most of the time and don't care about other students or teachers.

I'm not good at school (because I don't even try- school is boring) but still make sure I could graduate. For a few time I become a good student becasue I'm in good mood and then suddenly turn back into an average student after that.

Competition is meaningless unless you gain some money from it.

It's look like Delta, espacially STs work hard in school, at least much more than me
    Last edited by Tarnished; 05-11-2021 at 06:54 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember zoning out a lot and getting scolded for it, my teacher would always put me at the front of the class to make sure I wasn't "sleeping with my eyes open". My grades were good, but in my report cards I'd always have complaints about my participation. Those damn participation marks...what a useless concept they forced on us.
    Last edited by coin; 01-22-2024 at 08:26 PM.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hated school, I wanted to get out as soon as possible. But I like learning new things.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never found lectures useful in college and wished they’d let me just stay home and cram for exams a couple of times a month

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a good student in high school , I wasn't the best because I didn't try much because I thought it was pointless , but I still got my good grades without studying much , wasn't late to class , didn't screw around but I guess that's just my nature

I used to be the best when I was a little kid , I was able to pay close attention to the teacher but for some reason I started losing it in middle school and started zoning out A LOT , and losing my ability to focus resulted in me not giving a shit about studying , I got decent grades anyway so why bother? as long as I pass , there's nothing to worry about

now I'm going to college and I don't know what to pick as a major , I was thinking about computer science but I don't feel it's a good idea

I also wasn't bullied much , even though I didn't have much friends to help me but I avoided unnecessary trouble so it was fine

and I definitely faced some teachers who were a stick in the ass , (I hated LSI teachers because they were jerks) , same goes to that one LSI student who I punched in the neck for being such an asshole to me

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was young, there was a Kindergarten try-out day before the official year started.

It was fun. There was a solid boy (not fat, not skinny) with firey red hair and freckles, he punched me and I was so excited to start school.

First real day of Kindergarten, he wasn't there. He never showed up. I was so disappointed.

That's pretty much school for me. I detested it. I'd rather stay home and read books.

I was involved in theatrics later on, I love music, and no one in my entire school could sing as I could. State competions, forget it. I don't care anymore (the work to get to that level, no thank you.)

My dad moved us when I was in 8th grade. Pretty much spelled doom for me and school. I stayed home one year, went back to school, a private christian school, which ended up sealing my failure.

I never finished 11th grade, and got my GED later on.

I love learning. School doesn't have much of that. Teachers can be so cruel, useless, and even worse.

In spite of all that, several teachers were really great, and saw my potential but that wasn't enough. I got IQ testing and the point that sunk me was I just didn't care about math one iota. How can a semi-genius hate math. Hello, let me tell you how... (not now)

I was a good girl. Didn't cause trouble. Just leave me alone. <--- if only people didn't try to turn introverts inside out!
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hated school, like alot of people appearently.

High school was better because I was more confident and had better friends than before. My grades were usually good but not a straight A student either, I didn't apply myself enough to get those kinds of grades. The only time they weren't was one year where I stopped studying altogether because of depression that I didn't know how to talk about.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    When I was young, there was a Kindergarten try-out day before the official year started.

It was fun. There was a solid boy (not fat, not skinny) with firey red hair and freckles, he punched me and I was so excited to start school.

First real day of Kindergarten, he wasn't there. He never showed up. I was so disappointed.
    Lol, imagine all Donald Trump doppelgangers who could save ILIs' school experience.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Lol, imagine all Donald Trump doppelgangers who could save ILIs' school experience.
    Just another promise the school system broke, and that on try-out day? Breaks my heart. Every school should have its bully, or the power vacuum turns into a black hole. I also got punched at school, but it's not the memory I cherish the most lol

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I got punched in HS by a girl, she didn't like how I was standing there in gym class (????). [She and her group of friends got suspended.] Then a very cute very extroverted boy said I looked like a doll. That didn't go over very well, I took is as an insult. Just one single occasion filled with too much attention put on me. (In general I hated PE/Gym class holy mess always it was.)
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI. Not particularly popular or unpopular in school but always had my LIE best friend. Was a bit loud but had some anxiety for people outside my close circle of friends. Always had really intense crushes on boys but none of them liked me back. In junior hs I would do cringey stuff like send them notes and follow them around the halls without them knowing.

ESFP mom was pretty authoritarian growing up so I knew that doing well enough to scoot by in school was important, or alternatively, if you did well enough in school you would get left alone. So I made sure to do well but was always just the minimum to keep up good appearances. I was in advanced classes all throughout high school like this (calculus, physics, lit, etc) and did well in everything but dropped all of them my last year because I realized I didn't really care about any of it. I went to art college after that.

~5 years into art as a career, I've realized I hate doing it as a job and can't deal with the way art & design is used to mask bad ethical and political practices. Developed some interest in something completely opposite (programming) and about to go back to school to pursue that as a career instead. Still want to make art for myself combining both ideally.

So kinda the most ESI -> LIE life/education journey

Looking back on high school specifically I just wish I had explored subjects I was actually interested in, but I felt like that wasn't an option as I knew what was expected of me and it was easiest to follow along. I spent way too much time on subjects I had no interest in and promptly forgot anything I was taught immediately after, especially after realizing those things would have no practical use in anything I could foresee myself actually doing as a career. Not great.
    Last edited by xyn; 10-20-2021 at 05:40 AM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes school. Never did homework. Nobody talked to me, even when I was failing, they kind of just let me sink. Nobody cared when I disappeared from a mental breakdown. Got my high school degree, got pushed into a community college by you know who. Same thing happened, people never learn. I expected it which is why I went to community college instead of actual college. Debt free as a result.

Fun fact, it's not just me. Drop out rates for college are around 40%.

Things are better now, I worked for 2 years, made a good sum of cash. Moved to Texas, living in one of the cheapest houses in the US. Just need to get a job and start working again, then I'll consider taking classes when I'm ready.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to quote this post and say "This is me at school!"

but then read Adam's post:

Haha.
    So yes. I LOVED SCHOOL.

Primary school: I was a smart kid, at the top of my class, every year. Always the first place lol. But I was also an active student, joined this and that, I was the class president too!

High school:
    I realised I LOVE organisations, and I always like being the president of this club, that club, a really active student. I did events, had meetings with other friends or teachers, and yes still studying diligently, I was a very hardworking student. I also liked to join some school competitions, things like that.

One day in a chemistry class I noticed my teacher didn't do her job really well, like she just didn't teach in a proper way, I got low scores for chem that month, and I told them that and decided to skip most of her classes (I learned chem all by myself that year, and at the end of the year I got a perfect A.)

That's not the first time I argued with a teacher, they need to know if they actually don't do their job properly.
    But anyway, I was close to everyone, all students and the teachers too. I was popular at school, both primary school and high school.

Uni:
    Well, this is the climax. Just like high school, but even bigger. More organisations, clubs, events, uni competitions, friends, colleagues, teacher, lecturers lol. I was the minister of this union, head of this department, etc.

Haha.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I was going to quote this post and say "This is me at school!"

but then read Adam's post:

Haha.
    So yes. I LOVED SCHOOL.

Primary school: I was a smart kid, at the top of my class, every year. Always the first place lol. But I was also an active student, joined this and that, I was the class president too!

High school:
    I realised I LOVE organisations, and I always like being the president of this club, that club, a really active student. I did events, had meetings with other friends or teachers, and yes still studying diligently, I was a very hardworking student. I also liked to join some school competitions, things like that.

One day in a chemistry class I noticed my teacher didn't do her job really well, like she just didn't teach in a proper way, I got low scores for chem that month, and I told them that and decided to skip most of her classes (I learned chem all by myself that year, and at the end of the year I got a perfect A.)

That's not the first time I argued with a teacher, they need to know if they actually don't do their job properly.
    But anyway, I was close to everyone, all students and the teachers too. I was popular at school, both primary school and high school.

Uni:
    Well, this is the climax. Just like high school, but even bigger. More organisations, clubs, events, uni competitions, friends, colleagues, teacher, lecturers lol. I was the minister of this union, head of this department, etc.

Haha.
    @Scarlett, uni is not the climax. It's just the end of the beginning.

Now you get to do real-world stuff and make real-world money.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@AWellArmedCat, buy the book Further Up the Organization by Robert Townsend, and give it to her.

It's the only business book that an LIE will ever need. Everything else is hot air, self-aggrandizement, or bullshit by some dimwit who got lucky but thinks he invented language.

If she needs to learn about depreciation of assets or the time value of money, she can either look to more specialized books or (my choice) hire someone to do that stuff, but as for general business books, that's the One.

A word of caution. The book was written at a time when three-Martini lunches were the norm, and computers filled a room, and secretaries were all women and women were all secretaries. Nevertheless, if you can get beyond that, the book has no equal.

One other thing: If you decide to read the book yourself, don't be surprised if you disagree with much of what Townsend says. I have a dog-eared copy of the book in my hands right now, which I bought second or third hand from a used bookseller. It is filled with hand-written notes, stating the reader's disagreements with the author's advice. That reader was clearly not LIE.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-22-2021 at 05:40 PM.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh. Do you Ni doms, just, like, slam your head into a world every now and then just to make sure you're still alive?

TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    huh. Do you Ni doms, just, like, slam your head into a world every now and then just to make sure you're still alive?
    Not on purpose, not under own willpower, only others that care rudely awaken us.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)

Perpetual change"

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on purpose, not under own willpower, only others that care rudely awaken us.
    So this is why SEE's are your duals.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AWellArmedCat, buy the book Further Up the Organization by Robert Townsend, and give it to her.
    Heyyyy thanks for the Christmas present idea! I'm sure she'd be interested in that
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight A's, Advanced Gifted Program, Honors, but also bullied at school, didn't have a single close friend, and returned home to experiencing abuse by all 3 inside family members. Stood up to my dad to defend my mother from abuse, only to realize later she didn't deserve it, since she was abusive to me as well. Emotional aspects eventually caused my grades to slip. My experiences (including many I haven't mentioned) toughened me up a lot. By now I've been through so much that things aren't even a big deal to me anymore, I don't stress much even when things are big. I figure I'll be fine and get through whatever. I don't even cry during something such as job loss, eviction, then homelessness; I just keep it together, stay calm and resolute. I'm sure I've gotten through the worst parts of my life already, since it was stupid and extreme. Very intelligent, enjoy academics, but not as formally educated as I would've been if life had been different. Circumvented the school system and self-taught my way into my career ever since I was 15, training myself while I was padlocked inside my bedroom by my mother. (I wasn't allowed to socialize much at all prior to adulthood.) An "A-" was a failing grade that resulted in abuse from my dad. During certain points I wasn't even attending school — e.g., lived on the streets when 14, stood up to some kidnapper, so he left me alone. Returned home due to ending up in the hospital almost dead after living out there, rather than by choice. Asked the cops not to make me go home, they did anyway. At school, saw bullies picking on some small guy, picking him up by his ankles and putting him head-first into a trash can. Walked up to them, defended him, told the kid he was my brother from now on, looked out for him for the next year. After that, he had a growth spurt and didn't need my help anymore. Got into a few fights at school, 0 of them were fights I started, but never once in my life backed down. It was never that bad. The worst ones, which on multiple occasions got me expelled, were the ones where others manipulatively played the victim card via lies. So, shit that wasn't even true. Example: I broke up with my girlfriend (yes, I'm bi) for being too slutty and flashing some dudes, so she cut herself and claimed I made her do it, etc. Since I had the whole “intimidating bad girl” image thing going on, they bought the lies and I got kicked out.

For the love of god, please don't express sympathy. Despite the way my life has been, I've risen above and overcome whatever damages or oppositions threatened me. I enjoy the person I am today because of everything, and wouldn't change a thing if I could. Not for myself, anyway…maybe for others. I am not still traumatized, as instead of having a victim mindset, I rose above. I'm sincerely doing awesome. On my way toward a great life, some travel/experiencing the world, marriage with a great partner, having my own babies, settling into my dream career, am mentally healthy and happy, etc. If you must react to this in some way, just be inspired and apply efforts to your own life. Believe in yourself more if you doubt, etc.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-27-2021 at 01:45 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure that I'm a Gamma, but I was in emotionally disturbed classes from the beginning of the 1994-95 school year (2nd grade for me) until I graduated from newport news public schools in 2005. My behavior was poor, but my grades were good because I had a need for factual accuracy, I did okay on standardized testing (close to 50th percentile, but better in math). I didn't put in a whole helluva lot of effort. In college, I was just there to socialize. I hated high school, I would've dropped out, but my mom would've never allowed that, she wanted me in every social system, every group that was out there.

I would guess that Delta STs do the best in school, since they focus on the facts, the grades, and objective testing the most and since they're impersonal so that means they'd least irritate teachers (when they're trying to teach the lesson). I would also guess that teachers would dislike Ethical types more, except for maybe liking EIE-Ni more and SLE-Ti less.

In school, I was always making everything personal and talking out and playing around with the other kids, but most of my teachers generally liked me (except most of my professors in college didn't like me much).
    Last edited by Disturbed; 07-10-2022 at 07:27 PM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.