Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fictional Gamma Characters

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Fictional Gamma Characters

i watched the bone collector last night and remembered starfall's fictional beta thread. cuz the main characters seemed like super blatant LIE & ESI duals to me. denzel's character LIE, jolie's character ESI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester ? I think Te-Fi duality, but not sure if Gamma.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mr and Mrs Smith struck me as a quirky take on LIE-ESI duality. Pitt playing the LIE and Jolie playing the ESI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jay Gatsby Gamma SF. Dunno about Daisy, probably Beta NF.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gatsby is one of the most obvious examples of an EIE in literature, IMO.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Gatsby is one of the most obvious examples of an EIE in literature, IMO.
    why so?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, I always kind of took it for granted. He throws grand and lavish parties, is an excellent host, appears amiable and understanding yet still distant and secretive, has all the tact in the world -- and then on the inside, is emotionally unstable and almost childish in his desires. That to me encapsulates EIE as a type perfectly.

Even this bit in the book brought to mind EXFj:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/245494-the-great-gatsby
    “He smiled understandingly-much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced--or seemed to face--the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.”
    If you're curious what I typed others in the book:
    Nick Carraway - IEI
    Daisy Buchanan - SLE
    Tom Buchanan - LSI

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stringer Bell from the Wire is a dead on LIE

but yeah, this is kind of hard. Gamma's arent as abundant in fictional works.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Django.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats Django? ESI?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LIE

Balthier (Final Fantasy XII)
    Pete Campbell (Mad Men)
    Edmund Dantez (Count of Monte Cristo)
    Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
    Helen Morgendorffer (Daria)
    Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
    Danny Ocean (Ocean's Eleven)
    Malcolm Tucker (The Thick of It)
    Frank Underwood (House of Cards)

ILI

Minato Arisato (Persona 3)
    Fran (Final Fantasy XII)
    Lulu (Final Fantasy X)
    Daria Morgendorffer (Daria)
    Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy VII)

SEE

Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)
    Zell Dincht (Final Fntasy VIII)
    Gau (Final Fantasy VI)
    Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)
    Bart's Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
    Chris Miles (Skins)
    Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)
    Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII)

ESI

Jal Fazer (Skins)
    Christina Gallagher (House of Cards)
    Penelo (Final Fantasy XII)
    Ashley Riot (Vagrant Story)
    Last edited by Narc; 01-15-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm not familiar with a single one of those characters but lists are nice

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modern movies are abundant with Gamma characters, or so it seems to me. Just off the top of my head:

Kate Winslet's character from 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' is a SEE, and so are Penny from 'The Big Bang Theory' and Joan (Christina Hendricks) from 'Mad Men.' Leonard from TBBT is an ILI. Mike and Rachel from 'Suits' seem to be LIE and ESI.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Penny is ESE, as is her actress. Not sure about Leonard, but not ILI.

Rachel from Suits seems aristocratic, so that'd scratch out ESI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'm not sure, I always kind of took it for granted. He throws grand and lavish parties, is an excellent host, appears amiable and understanding yet still distant and secretive, has all the tact in the world -- and then on the inside, is emotionally unstable and almost childish in his desires. That to me encapsulates EIE as a type perfectly.

If you're curious what I typed others in the book:
    Nick Carraway - IEI
    Daisy Buchanan - SLE
    Tom Buchanan - LSI
    The narrator could be IEI. I have a hard time seeing any Fe "community values" in Gatsby. Only materialism coupled with some Fi idealism -- obsession with Daisy.

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Penny is ESE, as is her actress. Not sure about Leonard, but not ILI.

Rachel from Suits seems aristocratic, so that'd scratch out ESI.
    I don't think Penny is, myself being an ESE and having quite a few SEE friends. She's too brutal at times to be a true ESE. Her Fi is much more prominent and noticeable than her Fe; she doesn't make a lot of jokes, she comes and takes what she wants, etc. Of course, she's a fictional character in a long-running show and no matter how well-written her character is, she will have some out-of-type on-screen behavior. However, most of her reactions seem consistent with SEE.

Leonard is usually typed as LII, just like Sheldon, and I like him a lot but I'd like to see more different types on that show so let's think he's an ILI

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Walter White is a Gamma NT. On the Breaking Bad thread, a lot of people typed him as Delta ST, but I think that's wrong. He shows clear disregard for his body, wanting to roll over and die instead accepting the chemo, and also in driving his car into opposing traffic. That shows weak Si, imho. Plus, when he says, "we're in the empire business" towards the end of the series...well, I can't think of a more Ni influenced quote.

I'm also inclined to type Jesse as Fi-ESFp, with most of his character's motivation being defined by his "flexible" ethics of relations, where he's in homoerotic love with Walter one minute and spurning him the next.

All in all, I think it's a pretty Gamma show, what with theme being a gradual unified progression (Ni) towards a comeuppance for ethical transgressions (Fi).

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Dexter' is a very Gamma show, too. I haven't seen it but it's a favorite among many ILIs/SEEs I know.

TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Saul (Mandy Patinkin) from 'Homeland' seems to be an ILI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kupava View Post
    Modern movies are abundant with Gamma characters, or so it seems to me. Just off the top of my head:

Kate Winslet's character from 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' is a SEE, and so are Penny from 'The Big Bang Theory' and Joan (Christina Hendricks) from 'Mad Men.' Leonard from TBBT is an ILI. Mike and Rachel from 'Suits' seem to be LIE and ESI.
    See i would think Winslet's character would have been SLE, with her abrasive communication style and her obvious issues connecting with others on that typical Fi level.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Whats Django? ESI?
    Yup.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    6w7 sx/sp probably
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica is an ILI. Been a while since I've seen it though.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Crime and punishment: Raskolnikov INTp
    Code geass: Lelouch gamma NT, Suzaku gamma
    Bleach: Ichigo ESI
    Naruto:
    Naruto ESFp, Kakashi ILI

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    what about estj? he's kinda explosive, which is not very entj-ish. (ps:you're prolly right tho)
    Well the explosiveness can come from an 8 that doesn't have their shit together. I'd jump straight to SLE for him if he weren't forecasting all the time. Definitely Se valuing, as he understands well how the shift of power works. Often gets coups started, but doesn't openly lead the charge, more of a puppetmaster.

ENTj 8w7 > 8w9, probably sx/so.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ichigo as ESI.

Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail is a pretty blatant SEE. He values family and loyalty above all, and he'll knock the shit out of the opposition for betraying each other. He's also rather easily forgiving - as is the guild as a whole - befriending previous enemies who have renounced their evildoing ways and joined the guild.

I recall discussions on the WS pinning Nagi Springfield as SEE. He's basically the typical shonen protagonist flying by the seat of his pants and usually coming out victorious. I recall reading somewhere (TVTropes?) that this became an issue for him in Negima because he couldn't just "brute force" the problem this time. @Joy

LIE was tossed around for Negi Springfield; PoLR fits very well, but he's definitely not base. I haven't read the series in a while, though. I recall him being a thoughtful, polite, and incredibly responsible child whose real talent turned out to be the writing/development of spells and who regularly ran himself until he collapsed when working toward a goal.

SEE, maybe, for his friend Kotarou. Same for Asuna.

SEE for Touta from UQ Holder. Typical "I'M GONNA REACH MY DREEEAAAMS OH HEY LET'S BE FRIENDS TOO BAD I'M MAKING YOU ANYWAY" protagonist.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Crime and punishment: Raskolnikov INTp
    uh...pretty sure he's not weak in Fi...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I recall discussions on the WS pinning Nagi Springfield as SEE. He's basically the typical shonen protagonist flying by the seat of his pants and usually coming out victorious. I recall reading somewhere (TVTropes?) that this became an issue for him in Negima because he couldn't just "brute force" the problem this time. @Joy

LIE was tossed around for Negi Springfield; PoLR fits very well, but he's definitely not base. I haven't read the series in a while, though. I recall him being a thoughtful, polite, and incredibly responsible child whose real talent turned out to be the writing/development of spells and who regularly ran himself until he collapsed when working toward a goal.
    I don't see Se ego at all for Negi. It's been so long since I've read that manga, but the part I bolded definitely rings true. I'm not really sure what an irl LIE looks like anymore, but from a functional standpoint I like LIE for him.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    tertiary Fi in Raskolnikov looks right enough to me

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure he's ILI, so what

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kilgrave....LIE-Ni

Last edited by Kill4Me; 02-03-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me, that's an ILE imo, not an LIE.

if it was an Ni creature, it likes Fe too much for LIE. => EIE
    Last edited by marooned; 02-04-2016 at 01:39 AM.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucifer Morningstar from the new TV show Lucifer seems LIE.

TIM
    SEE! Type 7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kiera Knightley and Steve Carell - Movie: Seeking a friend for the end of the world. Such an great example of ILI and SEE. 06dbc88b4937847a42874fe3881e3837.jpg
    I'm just an effin ray of sunshine

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Whats Django? ESI?
    Yep, pretty sure Dr. King Schultz was an ILI myself as well, he and Django seemed to have a good activation relationship going on in that film.

Also, Flamie Speeddraw from Rokka no Yuusha was a good female ILI as well. You really see it once Adlet realizes her HA during... well, I don't wanna spoil it but its a pretty good scene .

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my childhood...

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Now that I think about it, I'd also nominate Ledo from Suisei No Gargantia for an ILI and Amy for a good SEE. I can't quite accurately type Chamber but it had to be a positive one given how it all worked out. Ledo clearly has problems yet very strongly expresses it where it matters most. He's a major fan of logic, but it's clear that his internal feelings are his motivating force. Either way, it was clear that the robot didn't resent its master (i.e. it was an overall positive relationship).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annalise from How to Get Away With Murder seems ENTj to me.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)