LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Implications of (the awareness of) Psychic Lopsideness

http://www.socionics.us/philosophy/d...ntiation.shtml
    (thanks to Rick's site)

So I was reading this the other day, and I incorperated it with some other thoughts.....

In being at a young age where I am trying to figure out what to do with my life, I am torn between two things. One of which seems to be my inherent purpose -- if you read midway down that link, you will see it somewhat illustrated in the "Psychic lopsidedness and it's implications" section. (The other 'thing' being the knowledge that my world view is, at least inherntly, limited by my leading function and ego block, etc. By how my psyche has developed). The real question of this thread is... how much of that 'knowledge'/understanding should I incorperate in my life and the decisions I make?

It really is tricky, because it is sort of a way of understanding the system. Debuging/rerouting the game so that there are alternate, not necessarily linear plot developments. I don't know how much to toy with it at this time.

I can clearly see now, at this point in my life, a way in which I would want to subjugate the world to 'pure' . However, the more I learn about personality types, I can begin to see the countereffects. Or can play out and anticipate how, say, an ESFp would react or think of what I am going to say. I suppose there is an avenue of further development, that would involve doing things that incorperate, at least theoretically, the knowledge of/awaereness of other fucntions, or at least that they exist, even if I can only see it (the world) through my goggles.

So I guess I am just wondering how others think about this, especially in terms of someone like myself, who would like to have an idea of 'how I should go about this life', and/or a plan, etc. For instance - should I still go about with my 'instinctual draw' of trying to right some things about the world? To make the world more structurally logical? Is that, sort of, my destiny?

Or is that really just some illusion to be understood and overcome in the process of moving on to some greater understanding? I am not sure yet how I feel about this. (And yes, I can see my thoughts reflecting and refracting upong themselves; the contrived-ness of my own psyche creating this view, this specification and situation, and then wondering how these paramaters were set in the first place -- when in fact I set them as such) But I've still got my questions anyways!!!
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think wanting to dominate and change the world to fit your needs (change it to ) is the first step into just accepting it, if that makes sense. You could try to set the world on the path that you'd want (it wouldn't necessarily be the right one) but I don't think you'd see the fruit of your labors in this lifetime.

I'm not a religious person, but it makes me think of Jesus. He had all of these ideas and ways to change the world into a better place. Over the course of time, people still know of his ideas, but they warp them to make any use out them.

But I also hate it when I have my own wild ideas and someone comes along with the pin of "reality" and pops my fantasy world. So if you think you're on the right path, don't let ney-sayers get in the way.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you mention Jesus...

I like him a lot and think he was a great man. But it is rather clear that he isn't the son of some all powerful god, lest he truly be put in a human form and lost all his godly wisdom: anyone who created the human race would know all to well of their faults, and how to direct them from misinterpreting what is true, or spiritually relevant. You know, Thomas Jefferson basically edited the bible to his own liking, and I think he was justified in that - because there is so much difference between real spirituality and contrived human-tainted claims and assertations. TJ, a fellow INTj !

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    But I also hate it when I have my own wild ideas and someone comes along with the pin of "reality" and pops my fantasy world. So if you think you're on the right path, don't let ney-sayers get in the way.
    Hmm, I probably has sufficient courage in my thoughts already, but I am sure that only helps.

As for myself, the more and more I go, the more possibility for change I see. It is really quite interesting. Even lately, with my molars coming in, and discovering how they are often considered 'vestigal structures' -- there is change happening in our human bodies right now.

It is of much regeret, however, that the "backed by divinity" concept/inspiriation for change is a little too played out in this world.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him a lot and think he was a great man. But it is rather clear that he isn't the son of some all powerful god, lest he truly be put in a human form and lost all his godly wisdom: anyone who created the human race would know all to well of their faults, and how to direct them from misinterpreting what is true, or spiritually relevant.
    I had a debate with my religious INFj roommate. ::sigh:: Our debate covered this topic. He believes that Jesus knew about these human faults ahead of time and his message was guided by God overtime. So basically, this warp of message was intentional.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some say that suffering and untruth is neccessary to understand more deeply the real truth, kind of like trial and error, sort of

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Stuart Mill for one.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I had a debate with my religious INFj roommate. ::sigh:: Our debate covered this topic. He believes that Jesus knew about these human faults ahead of time and his message was guided by God overtime. So basically, this warp of message was intentional.
    SIGH.... You can't have any kind of debate with people when they try to back their unfounded claims with "because God says so"
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster