Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introverted sensing Si PoLR for EIEs-ENFjs

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you speak about is just related to not having played sports as a kid and thus lacking in coordination. Even strong sensors that didn't tend to have exactly the same problems.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not a terrible dancer in general, but I tend to occasionally forget what I'm doing and mess up the rhytm or the steps. I played sports games when I was little, but nothing that really required coordination... I can see Si-sensors having problems with it, but not Se-sensors. At least not this level of incompetence. And Si sensors would be different, because even when I do aerobics/dance, I'm always very rigid. That was the case even when I was quite flexible from doing tai chi.

PS! I hope you're not thinking of the ISFjs you've typed.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No...but I know some ESTjs and ISTps that suck at it....

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I had the worst Si PoLR torture today. I was in aerobics and I couldn't follow the moves. I tried, but I kept messing them up. I picked the aerobics markes as having the easiest routines! But the routine is different each time and I haven't been able to correctly do even one full routine. I'm a beginner, but it still sucks. So yeah, everyone was dancing and moving, and I tried to copy them, but half the time I couldn't do anything. I considered just walking out, pretending to be dizzy, but I couldn't bring myself to do that either. I waited it out, kept trying. It was so hopeless that I almost felt like crying. I know I'm not the only beginner there so other people should also have problems with it. Also, even the parts that I really do understand, when I keep my eyes on the instructor's feet, I am ok, but when she stops, I have no idea what I'm doing. And I tried just looking at my own feet from the mirror, but it all got messed up. And then I tried to simply notice what I myself am doing, but it got really weird. I did't recognize any of the steps and I had no idea what to do next. And I can never add the hand movements, because then I might as well try the routine standing on my head. Hopeless.

But I'm gonna keep going there, hoping it will be better. Sometimes it's pretty ok. And the music is great. And this is the first time it was so bad.
    Isn't that more Se?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what I can't understand is how an ENFj thinks sex is a gross thing to talk about. Having a rough time handling this. I've also noticed in the media that if someone offers some Si or Se, an ENFj (not sure about INFps) will shrink away. But I wonder if that is a victim's way of inviting more Se.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon people, everybody can learn how to dance with a lil practice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="implied"]aren't ENTjs more like INTjs in the sense that they aren't very aware of their surroundings and aesthetics? or well, perhaps they are aware, but insecure of pushing their tastes on people. then ENFjs are always in some state of discomfort or pain and need strong sensations? perhaps provided by some gordon ramsay-ish ISTj chef.

That guy is not an ISTJ. Chefs, the most sucessful ones, are almost always ISTP. If that guy ever talked to me like he talked to the people on his shows i'd fucking kill him.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    OK I thought of how to explain what I was thinking last night.

Si PoLR is directly related to Ni creative function. I think our PoLRs are PoLRs because they directly conflict with our creative function. Like your creative function is unable to create around the PoLR, therefore it is a PoLR.

So like creative Ni is "keep moving forward, keep moving forward". Then Si is "RELAX". But you can't move forward and relax at the same time, therefore Si is your PoLR.
    I think since ENFJs can help others to a detriment to themselves the polr makes them reel back, relax, work to manage money and care for themselves better.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    FDG isn't shallow. He's just upfront.

What I don't understand is why is so unbearable.
    I don't really get it either. Just doing nothing is fine, until you get bored of it.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington

You know what I can't understand is how an ENFj thinks sex is a gross thing to talk about. Having a rough time handling this. I've also noticed in the media that if someone offers some Si or Se, an ENFj (not sure about INFps) will shrink away. But I wonder if that is a victim's way of inviting more Se.
    Sex is boring.
    you're intuitive subtype right? this is the attitude I see with them. Rather, they are sort of like INFps and they like to flirt and provoke but nothing ever comes from it.. it's a headfuck sometimes. Do you want it or don't you? haha.

Ethical sub seems .. different but um.. yeah I just don't understand. I can't think of an Se parallel with my polr. Maybe ENFjs or Si polr's just don't like talking about it that way but respond to action.

PS: i seem to like bitchiness

Creepy-pokeball

"I think it is an inability to relax, inability to be patient, and inability and wait anywhere. They're always looking at what's coming next. As soon as they get anywhere, they are ready to move onto the next place."

Slacker Mom is smart and right on the money. ENXj's loathe and fear homeostasis. It isn't about aesthetics, lol. The sound of silence is my enemy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jadae welcome back, I am interested in this, what is it about the sound of silence that bothers you? What sort of sensations do you experience when things are silent?

Personally, I have to spend a lot of my time (I mean like several hours each day) in silence or with white noise only and preferably in darkness or I can easily become very un-calm and stressed. Mentally, my natural state is usually really calm and silent and when I am forced out of this state by something in the external enviroment bugging me I feel really unglued and stressed. To be a bit dramatic, I liken the feeling to what it must be like for some poor baby being ripped from his mother's warm, dark womb after 9months of rest and be suddenly faced with a cold, overly bright hospital room. Too much activity especially with bright light is the surest and most effective way to torture me.
    Last edited by Megan; 12-23-2007 at 02:25 AM.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Jadae welcome back, I am interested in this, what is it about the sound of silence that bothers you? What sort of sensations do you experience when things are silent?

Personally, I have to spend a lot of my time (I mean like several hours each day) in silence or with white noise only and preferably in darkness or I can easily become very un-calm and stressed. Mentally, my natural state is usually really calm and silent and when I am forced out of this state by something in the external enviroment bugging me I feel really unglued and stressed. To be a bit dramatic, I liken the feeling to what it must be like for some poor baby being ripped from his mother's warm, dark womb after 9months of rest and be suddenly faced with a cold, overly bright hospital room. Too much activity especially with bright light is the surest and most effective way to torture me.
    It makes me feel panicky, trapped, bored.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Jadae completely. It seems like I rarely if ever have that nice, calm feeling you describe within yourself ... I sort of wish I had though. It is very hard for me to understand in others, though I am trying to - a certain person who I was very close with before was probably in an Si/Ne quadra and had that same value placed on Si that I did not. He is always in a calm state, no matter what - is this more Ixxj or Ixxp would you think? I'm thinking the former ... unflappable temperament and such. It is evidently something I need to balance me out.

Btw: some other thoughts on PoLR, at least in myself - it's really difficult to settle down in thoughts ... my mind is constantly on overdrive but perhaps that is more of an individual problem than anything else. I can hardly get to sleep some nights because of this issue. Actually, scrap that - it is an individual problem ... must get some natural health product to help me sleep better =[ Don't know what's wrong with me! < --- oh man, that is probably a perfect example of PoLR! Not knowing what is wrong with me, and stressing over it insanely.

I am a heavy hypochondriac and a worrier. I exude a lot of nervous behaviour and people know me for being high-strung and anxious. I do have anxiety problems already and since I can't deal with anxiety, I am wondering if other EIEs have similar problems? I mean, I know it is intense for me, but even on a lower level, do you have trouble with your bodily functions and just knowing whether or not you are "normal" or "healthy"?

I also tend to convince myself I am more unhealthy than I am ... it is like I am almost wanting to prove to others that I am incapable of taking care of my health, therefore crying out for attention ... for someone to take care of me in that sense. I actually read Rick's blog one time re: the unhealthy sides of PoLRs and yikes, the EIE one is so true for me - "prove to everyone that they are sick"

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I overdo it with my work-outs and my eating habits are totally messed up... I am very insecure with my physical appearance, similar to how onetreehilluver mentioned ... hmm. It's just a sense of never being comfortable in one's skin I suppose.

One last thing that probably sums up PoLR - not being able to live in the present moment!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-pokeball

Yeah, Ive had a really high startle response my entire life. I dont have anxiety, but I am always anxious.

re: eating habits. try to stick to whole foods, mostly you'll prolly feel better over time. I cannot believe how much F'ing vegetable oil and/or corn syrup is in everything!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    It makes me feel panicky, trapped, bored.
    I can feel like that too, not really panicky but trapped and bored. This only happens when I am in areas with a lot of people with a lot of activity around me. If I am home alone then I never get bored because I am in my own space and I have set it up so that I always have something to do or just relax and do not much.

@Scarrlett that sounds a bit hard. I am an E6 type so I am suppose to be anxious a lot , I don't get the anxiety unless there is something going really wrong and I try to control it so that things are predictable and not much goes wrong at least what I can control anyway. When I get anxious I just sleep or meditate or exercise, one of those things eventually works, well unless things are just damn bad which sometimes happens despite my best efforts. I am a hypochrondriac too, lol, I have every disease going, a life threatening one nearly every month it sometimes amuses me that I am such a hypochondriac. I just have learnt to ignore the hypochrondria a bit and tell myself that it is me just being alarmist again. Every intuitive feeler I know of is a hypochrondriac.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    I can feel like that too, not really panicky but trapped and bored. This only happens when I am in areas with a lot of people with a lot of activity around me. If I am home alone then I never get bored because I am in my own space and I have set it up so that I always have something to do or just relax and do not much.

@Scarrlett that sounds a bit hard. I am an E6 type so I am suppose to be anxious a lot , I don't get the anxiety unless there is something going really wrong and I try to control it so that things are predictable and not much goes wrong at least what I can control anyway. When I get anxious I just sleep or meditate or exercise, one of those things eventually works, well unless things are just damn bad which sometimes happens despite my best efforts. I am a hypochrondriac too, lol, I have every disease going, a life threatening one nearly every month it sometimes amuses me that I am such a hypochondriac. I just have learnt to ignore the hypochrondria a bit and tell myself that it is me just being alarmist again. Every intuitive feeler I know of is a hypochrondriac.
    Yeah, my mom is like that. I always just try to do one on one time w/ her. Sometimes I treat her to some random movie during the day time when no one is there. She likes the escape, and to be able to see me cause I'm always here and there a lot. She gets panicky around a lot of people. I only get panicky around of people if the atmosphere feels vile to me (strange but true). I couldnt work retail when I was younger (teen) because it made me feel literally ill. I couldnt be superficial, which is what is called for compared to my relative standards.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post

how do ENFjs ever procreate ...

bump. any more examples and anecdotes of how disregard and blindness towards Si shows up in EIEs' attitude and behaviors?

TIM
    EIE - Fe / E3 sp/so
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    how do ENFjs ever procreate ...
    lol I read this as over procreate and was
    "Moral crusaders with zeal but no ethical understanding are likely to give us solutions that are worse than the problems."
    Charles Colson, How Now Shall We Live?

Fe - EIE Harmonizing 3w2
    Married to my dual LSI
    1w9

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

talk about Si polr oy vey (Vic Dibitetto - EIE-Fe)

& more Si-PoLR continuing here (Charlize Theron - EIE-Ni)

Last edited by silke; 11-03-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12