Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: IEI-INFp Subtypes

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    yeah basically.

Ni subtype can look more logical at first however when we get talking and they laugh at my stupid jokes I realize we are like the same.

on the other hand Ni subtype has maybe slightly more of a tendency to get lost in Ni ideas where their philosophies are more removed from reality and while they are smart some of the things they say just don't empirically hold up. more of a tendency to create closed systems via Ti-seeking that only work internally, not connected anymore to what they are describing.

that's my impression
    This is totally me. It's posed quite a problem any time I find myself in a group and want to contribute to the group. I think this type is more likely to be E4 too, because it's very difficult to find an external identity that matches this internal Ni + Ti HA. LIIs project this much better, with their Ni demonstrative and much more legitimate logic. Trying to project an identity through Fe makes me feel like I'm trying too hard, and if there's any other Fe-ego in the group, my own is totally drowned out. Hence the identity crisis of IEI-Ni E4s.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from immediate experience, IEI-Fe appear more extroverted and are more society conscious than their closed off Ni version thus paying more attention to their looks, appearance. they are sharp at reading other's character and can adjust easily. very sensitive to criticism and likes to project feelings he wishes to receive (usually sympathies, praises, compliments). quite humorous but delicate.
    Ni versions can look quiet, serious with heavy interrogative look in thier eyes and may come off a bit LSI but in fact their are just melancholic and pensive. quite artisitc and dreamy they make great writers

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blood moon View Post
    This is totally me. It's posed quite a problem any time I find myself in a group and want to contribute to the group. I think this type is more likely to be E4 too, because it's very difficult to find an external identity that matches this internal Ni + Ti HA. LIIs project this much better, with their Ni demonstrative and much more legitimate logic. Trying to project an identity through Fe makes me feel like I'm trying too hard, and if there's any other Fe-ego in the group, my own is totally drowned out. Hence the identity crisis of IEI-Ni E4s.
    The subtleties of life.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by lynn; 08-03-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: delete

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good grief, this was a long thread. I scanned most posts (I'm too lazy to read)
    IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive subtype Ni-INFp (Ni-IEI)

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Ni-IEI Appearance:
    The intuitive subtype appears as a calm, tactful, languid and diffident individual. He seems torn from reality, inert and poorly adapted to life. However, such impressions are erroneous, for he possesses a fine intuition, which aids his in establishing useful connections and obtaining support from influential people. Externally he seems serene, but in his heart he is sentimentally predisposed, has bouts of moodiness and melancholy, and regrets his mistakes and misfortunes for a long time. His mimicry is somewhat monotonous, often shows an expression of light amazement or full interest in his conversation partner. His gaze is dreamy and pensive, slightly strained, with a bit of luster, often expressing melancholy, attentiveness, or sardonic irony. His speech is measured, smooth, and intimately heart-felt. On his face there is almost constantly a polite half-smile that easily predisposes towards trust. Gestures are modest, timid, undemonstrative. Gait is unhurried and smooth.

Ni-IEI Character:
    Soft and considerate person. In his heart he is a dreamer and a romantic. Has figurative, associative memory, and can recall experiences from the past down to the smallest detail. Somewhat unsure in himself, inclined to doubt and hesitate in cases he has to speak or act decisively. He does not like to hurry, can delay carrying out tasks and finding solutions to problems to an indefinite period of time. Reminiscing about the past, he recalls all the mistakes and mishaps, then extracts from them lessons for the future.
    Thanks to a strong intuition sees short-term prospects of affairs and relations, but because of the tendency to idealize everything may also overestimate them. Under any circumstances does not lose hope that in future everything will turn out for the better than in the present situation.

Usually does not aspire to leadership and finds it difficult and tiring to handle organizational functions. Gravitates more towards intellectual sphere of activity than towards hands-on management and production. Dislikes routine, monotony, stereotypes, conventionality, strict order, having to follow rules and regulations.Likes to talk about various unconventional and mysterious phenomena, seeks new experiences, feels attracted to interesting and unusual people. Willingly accepts and promotes unordinary ideas and innovative approaches, but shows caution in new ventures; in such cases prefers to yield initiative to those who are more assertive and energetic. However, if necessary, exhibits outstanding diplomatic skills, achieving success where others, more straightforward and impatient partners who do not attribute much value to flexibility in relationships, would usually give up. Does not know which of the two disputants he should favor, therefore, will try to reconcile them.

In work can become distracted by irrelevant details, and thus run out of time to accomplish the more important tasks. In his apartment or at his workplace may allow for creative mess and disorganization. Being practical, thrifty, and calculating is not in his nature, due to which he misses some major opportunities. Respects strong, influential people. Needs moral, physical, and material support. Due to absentmindedness sometimes forgets to fulfill his promises, but then does his best to make up and make amends.

Sensitive and attentive to other people, tries to maintain even relations with everyone. Exhibits tolerance towards the flaws and weaknesses of others. Does not break immediately those relationships that have been exhausted for he grows used to people. Knows how to patiently wait and how to adapt to any circumstances. For the sake of good relations with those close to him, tries to meet their requirements for him, to develop practical skills, to perform at school and work, and to fulfill his family responsibilities.
    Ni-IEI Description by Victor Gulenko: His facial expression is typically interrogative. Usually looks calm, dreamy, and contemplative. Line of behavior is frequently passive. Romantic spirit, lives in the world of illusions and tries to avoid the negative. Optimistic. As a rule, avoids conflict situations and supports compromise. Constrained in the way he dresses. Elegant and refined. Can fulfill functions of staff assistant in presence of a "strong hand", take up work in psychology and psychotherapy.
    I think that the underlined fits me, or at least fit me historically. I guess I'm also necroing a thread, which isn't ideal.
    Last edited by Clarke; 11-24-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Correcting what's underlined.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    How irrelevant are the details and how disorganized are you (and is it only in your house or mostly in mental stuff too)? When you do certain tasks you cannot separate what is necessary to what's not depending on the goal and make them in a way that everything would be delivered in proper timing?
    Actually I think I underlined that on accident. In work-type scenarios, I accomplish the most important tasks first, and I rarely miss deadlines. Sorry about that.

Generally, I'm pretty disorganized at home. I would say mentally, I'm pretty organized. I'm basing that on my speech style.

Edit: Actually, sometimes I've gotten bogged down details/perfectionism and it took me longer to finish tasks. It happened earlier in my life. However, I think that this is due to EII Ti-role rather than an IEI weakness. This happened alot with essays that had to be written in a short time frame.

I'm basing that on the Filatova description for EII.
    Last edited by Clarke; 11-24-2022 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Really bad with details today.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    Well... I was reading that with the thought that you are ILI so I was comparing in my head, but well you're now an EII.
    I'm basing my TIM on the realization that I tend to support my viewpoints about others' ethical quality with alternative perspectives. I think this matches Fi base and Ne creative.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456