Thread: The 16 deadly sins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The 16 deadly sins

How do you think each type can destroy themselves?

My theory is that by opening up the 4th function to others, this can be harmful. Also hidden agenda related stuff although that is usually excused by society, unless extreme.

Foe example, and ENTP might go down by opening up to strangers and then being hurt by it, thus hardening their hearts making them even less trusting of others. They may also become too posessive and controlling with their own friends especially the old ones who they begin to take for granted. This may cause them to loose their friends and become less loved. So it seems the hidden agenda is something you do to test the boundaries and then end up with less, and the POLR can cause you to want to open up your most vulnerable areas to someone, which can be deadly as well. Can anyone think of other ways a type can bring themselves to a sudden end?
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about other ways... I'm sure jumping of a building would do it.

As far as what you're saying about the 4th function though, I totally agree. We were just talking about this in the chat actually. The 4th function is one that we can use, but not control.

I know that use of Si has not turned out well for me... I take it overboard. So... how might each of the types go overboard with their 4th functions?

ExTp: you gave an example... and perhaps they become super religious and go on moral crusades? I have no idea.
    ESxj: being paranoid
    ExFp: being a know it all or a slave to rules or an "intellectual"
    ENxj: being a hypochondriac, germophobe, or over indulging in drugs/food etc.
    INxj: being violent or controlling
    ISxj: gah... I've got an image in my head but I'm having difficulty explaining it
    IxFp: I dunno
    IxTp: being sugary sweet and sunshiney ewwwwww (my mom does this... it's very awkward)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISxj is paranoid
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that use of functions causes people's downfall or leads to disaster. Rather, it's getting into the situations that call for the weaker functions and not using the functions to handle those situations that gets people into trouble.

In other words, you don't get in trouble by using your lesser used tools. You get into trouble by needing them and not being able to use them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I don't think that use of functions causes people's downfall or leads to disaster. Rather, it's getting into the situations that call for the weaker functions and not using the functions to handle those situations that gets people into trouble.

In other words, you don't get in trouble by using your lesser used tools. You get into trouble by needing them and not being able to use them.
    Which for me then leads to depression and embaressment, so yeah I can see that.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ISxj is paranoid
    not as an overcompensation for their PoLR though
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. By misusing your creative function.

ExTp by making systems like soviet communist, nazism
    ISxj by becoming sadistic, unnecessarily cruel like dictatorships, Spanish inquisition
    ENxj by achieving total control like cults, capitalism

and so on

EDIT: Sorry, misunderstood the topic. Ignore this as it has nothing to do with personal destruction. (Well perhaps for integral types)