TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cillian Murphy

Personal Quotes
    I'd probably have been wealthier if I had stayed with law, but pretty miserable doing it.
    "It's basically lazy journalism if they say I'm the new Colin Farrell. This thing about heat, it's all just hot air".
    You're an actor who's Irish, not an Irish actor. And you shouldn't be limited by your extraction. On breaking the Irish type cast.
    "Well, the first part of the question, I think if you ask any male if you really want to get into a real suit, that was a dream come true obviously and then just to get to work with Chris even for that little test was amazing as well and then I don't know, he saw something in it that he thought maybe he could use for the other characters" - On auditioning for Batman Begins (2005).
    "I can have a bit of fun with it, too, because my only motivation really is being bad. I love doing proper dramatic character studies, but it's also good to have a but of fun, dress up and stuff". - On accepting the role of the Scarecrow in Batman Begins (2005).
    "Well, we are doppelgangers." - on that Howard Stern nearly played Scarecrow, Cillian's role in Batman Begins (2005), in an early attempted adaptation.
    If there's an opportunity to work with Ken Loach, you can't really turn that down. He's made some of the finest films of the past 25 years. Whether you like or dislike his movies, there's never a bad performance in them, ever. There's none of the bullshit. There's no trailers, no nonsense, no pampering. It's a breath of fresh air.
    It's easy to take the check, you know, but if you want to have any longevity, just take things that have artistic merit in them. I want to do quality. If it's good telly, I'll do it. If it's good theater, I'll do it.
    I've a very, very close-knit group of friends from Ireland. They and my family are the most important things to me.
    I don't know if anyone will ever sit beside me on a plane again. - on his role as a terrorist in Vuelo nocturno (2005).
    Journalists have a myopic view of your versatility. They're like 'You only play the creep'.
    If you behave like a celebrity, then people will treat you like a celebrity, and if you don't, they won't. There's not much to write about me in the tabloids.
    Today I pick and choose my films very carefully. There's nothing I've done so far that I can't talk about with commitment and passion.
    But you can make wonderful films within a small, independent environment and you can make wonderful films in Los Angeles, within the studio system. You hear a lot of actors saying, 'I'd never go to Hollywood and sell out.' But, if it's a good script and a good director, why not? To shut oneself off completely is, I think, very limiting.
    Too many filmmakers today are trying to put their work into a box. I can't stand that! Making movies is a lot of work. Let's take some risks.
    "To me, someone's sexuality is usually the least interesting thing about them. It's secondary. The only reason it becomes a source for dramatic storytelling is because people have made such an issue out of it." (about his character in Breakfast on Pluto)
    I'm not worried about being pegged, but it's important for me to knock down any perceptions of me that are out there.
    I think there's such a thing, as a performance gene. If it's in your DNA it needs to come out. For me it originally came out through music, then segued into acting and came out through there. I always needed to get up and perform.

cillian_murphy.jpg

Last edited by silke; 10-02-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

luscious

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTj maybe
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been watching him in Peaky Blinders, His role is wonderful...apart from the gangster element, and the abuse system that he is caught up being at the top of. Abuse of society, gambling shops, protection that sort of thing.

But his character is the strong silent type, intelligent with a well of deep love, damaged but not beyond repair/healing. His RL type I'm not sure of, his role in peaky blinders is possibly ILI

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Beta introvert, sp/sx.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ni-IEI 4w5 sp/so, he seems to fit this Ni subtype profile pretty well - http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=IEI_subtypes

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with introvert, seems more ethical. I personally find him and his roles mostly very eerie, not so much my taste

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    My vote is Ni-IEI. I had a bias to start of him being aka valuing Ne, and 75% of the quotes affirmed IEE to me, but after glancing at some videos there's no way he's extroverted (and EII, no.)

What I'll say is Ni-IEIs are veeery imperceptible creatures. Hard to spot. Camouflaged/camouflaging, etc. As well, I'm not sure why, but Ni-IEIs seem to have very strong Ne - this fits with my bias (that had nothing to do with what type I thought he was). His perfect ability to convey a character seems like an extremely Fe aux thing. Few other personal analyses too.

I've seen silke's type list which I've yet to give a hard combing through, but if anybody has any other Ni-IEI names I'd be interested (except that Radiohead guy, he probably is Ni-IEI too but he's too Ni aka not-understandable so I get frustrated trying to decipher him (tangent: probably D DCNH, which would explain why his Ni/indecipherability is so much, since D boosts base which for IEI would be Ni)).
    Which quotes did you think were attributable to IEE and Ne? IEIs and IEEs are somewhat similar having same functional stack but in reverse orientation, and I find that both types run into similar problems in life and face similar kind of challenges. This link has a few other examples.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He appears to be floating off into space and has ultra languid body language. IEI-Ni is an easy typing to pin to him.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    I think it's extremely interesting you used the "floating" phrase. That's the exact phraseology described here for Ne-ILE:http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=ILE_subtypes

... which goes back to what I said about IEI sometimes appearing ILE/vice versa, in my last post.

I didn't read beyond the Appearance paragraph, but from what I've seen of his demeanor from this thread's videos Ne-ILE seems much more fitting than as you put it "ultra languid body language"* of Ni-IEI.

Point is not to argue for Ne-ILE, but to back-up my point in the other post of IEI and ILE often being mistaken.

*You want ultra languid body language? Check out Thom Yorke.
    I can appreciate your idea. I have a male ILE-Ne family member and there are times when I think he (and some similar ILEs) could resemble IEI. I would call it a superficial resemblance, but when it’s a celebrity typing usually we have only superficials to go on.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious about the claim made by a user in this thread that Cillian Murphy is likely a dominant subtype - I would have thought that he seemed more like a creative subtype, rather. Granted that I'm not very confident with the DCNH system and identifying the subtypes - what do other users on here think?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was watching interviews and he seems like he's constantly uncomfortable and internally triggered. I've met EIE-Ni and most have that perpetually "angry" face and aura. I think he's a very good actor, but if he is 24/7 like he's during interviews, I definitely would fly far away because I dislike ppl that seem like they are always angry or uncomfortable.

His attitude during interviews reminds me of Billie Eillis (but obviously eillish is much more young and immature).

I met 2 EIEs during hs and both were like this.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I was watching interviews and he seems like he's constantly uncomfortable and internally triggered. I've met EIE-Ni and most have that perpetually "angry" face and aura. I think he's a very good actor, but if he is 24/7 like he's during interviews, I definitely would fly far away because I dislike ppl that seem like they are always angry or uncomfortable.

His attitude during interviews reminds me of Billie Eillis (but obviously eillish is much more young and immature).

I met 2 EIEs during hs and both were like this.
    I don't see Cillian as angry, I would love to know why you think that, it's interesting. Maybe just a bit shy. But I agree with the EIE typing, I know an EIE girl who's like this.

Anyway, people have told me I can seem pissed off or shy(i'm actually uninterested in most people around me) or even very friendly and kinda talkative (mostly if the group is smaller), and i'm IEE.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just insta see him as IEI, but I haven't listened to any interviews. It's his eyes, it's every role he's in.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    I don't see Cillian as angry, I would love to know why you think that, it's interesting. Maybe just a bit shy. But I agree with the EIE typing, I know an EIE girl who's like this.

Anyway, people have told me I can seem pissed off or shy(i'm actually uninterested in most people around me) or even very friendly and kinda talkative (mostly if the group is smaller), and i'm IEE.
    during interviews he seems like he's uncomfortable. Not just serious or shy. I don't think he's shy actually. I think he's emotional and he doesn't like interviews or fake anything, which I respect, I just say that to me personally I've met ppl who's 24/7 like that and I feel uncomfortable.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during interviews he seems like he's uncomfortable. Not just serious or shy. I don't think he's shy actually. I think he's emotional and he doesn't like interviews or fake anything, which I respect, I just say that to me personally I've met ppl who's 24/7 like that and I feel uncomfortable.
    Watch interviews of EIE Till Lindemann, and tell me what you think.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, EIE's are very into shoving their emotional states down people's throats. We IEE's are more charming on one on one shit, no wonder IEE's in interviews shine usually.