View Poll Results: what type is Anna Kendrick?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 50.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Anna Kendrick

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anna Kendrick

I find her quite likeable. She reminds me of a lot of girls I know:

Last edited by silke; 10-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That would make sense, and is what I was thinking. I have typed girls that she reminds me of as my identical, but then I found this list where someone typed her SLE, and then this one in which siuntal has her as EII, and so it made me confused.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My current typing for her is EII 6 so/sp.

Some of her quotes are reflective of Delta descriptions, such as this one that sounds like it has been lifted right from the portrayals of "aristocratic", "judicious" type duality EII-LSE: "I think a gentleman is someone who holds the comfort of other people above their own. The instinct to do that is inside every good man, I believe. The rules about opening doors and buying dinner and all of that other 'gentleman' stuff is a chess game, especially these days." So here we have the emphasis on "good attitudes" and "provision of comfort" both of which are within Delta values. It's as if she's describing a Delta ST as her image of an ideal partner. Some of her other quotes show instances of what sounds like Fi-tuning and re-adjustment of internal attitudes, for example: "An actor should always let humility outweigh ambition." As such I am not really seeing IEI, but rather a judicious Fi-type.

I've suggested EII for her based on the later half of this interview where she mentions that she's very afraid of offending people and holds herself back a lot, and that she's envious of Chelsea for being so outspoken. She also seemed somewhat uncomfortable and at a loss for words when Chelsea drew attention to her appearance (Se-polr?).

edit: Some of Kendrick's photographs show her in these strange, "self-collapsing" poses, which is uncharacteristic of types that have strong Se, such as SLE or LSI, and more congruent with weak sensing.

She reminds me of this girl from Russian-speaking Socionics forums who self-typed as EII "Dostoyevsky" and whom I figured for a 6 so/sx.

Last edited by silke; 10-08-2017 at 06:42 AM.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I secretly always wanted her to be ESE. Oh well, I guess it's not meant to be.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea who she is. The only stuff I've heard about her is from my daughter, and my daughter seems to have what seems like an irrational dislike of her. She looks much daintier than I thought she'd look.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have no idea, but her tweet about masturbating to Ryan Gosling in a movie theatre was hilarious.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's LII all of you are wrong this thread is over

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh she could be LSI too. but not EII.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    she's LII all of you are wrong this thread is over
    Can't tell if serious, or...
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I can actually see a type of some sort. She definitely has a somewhat dry style about her, but seems like she would be receptive to . Even as a child, they used her accustomed bemusement for comic effect in that number, lol. In Pitch Perfect, she has the same demeanor. I haven't seen the Twilight films, so I don't know what she's like there.

On the Chelsea Handler interview... Chelsea is probably SLE, I think? In that interview, she looked far more comfortable and calm than I'd expect an EII to be around her Conflictor. She seems to have a slower "momentum" than I've seen in EIIs, who I've perceived as more airy/wispy or tense/spastic (see: Daniel Radcliffe for a really good example of this). I dunno... of all the types posited, EII is the one I see the least.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That's disappointing. She can do a lot better. I saw 50/50 (I liked it), but not Up In the Air (because George Clooney bothers me, for some reason, lol). I can't wait to see her in Into the Woods. That's my favorite Sondheim show, and I think she's a good fit for that version of Cinderella.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    She seems like she would be a great Cinderella! I think Twilight happened when she was still getting discovered. You should see Up In the Air anyway, because yeah Clooney's sort of this asshole character and you do not get why middle aged Moms all over the world love him (I don't) - but it is a great fucking movie and Kendrick is fucking amazing. I feel like that was her defining performance, it might have been the breakout that really got her attention and praise. Do not miss it just because of George fucking Clooney lol what??
    Will check it out. Yeah, FUCK George Clooney!

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

removed
    Last edited by Zero11; 11-26-2019 at 02:21 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE
    Last edited by Jake; 09-14-2017 at 04:02 AM.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE