TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps generalizing and omitting specifics

Why do we do this?

I think part of it is just that we're a bit imprecise when we speak. Like we're trying to make an overall statement and we arent' careful about the specifics of what we say. Then when we make another overall statement and aren't careful about the specifics, the specifics in each statement might clash. But we weren't necessarily precise about the specifics anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah what you said resonate's with me Slacker Mom. To be honest i personally do have trouble organising my thoughts sometimes. My thoughts can go so fast i talk first before really thinking. We do have weak thinking functions which must have a lot to do with it. In fact even as i write this i feel a bit of a cloud over my thoughts.

In our defense i think the makes us very open to different points of view. I think some people assume im just being agreeable, but often i dont believe this is the case. I can honestly empathise with both points of view. I do have a very strong undercurrent of values that are not changeable however. I see this as a strengh, we stick by what we believe but we are not blinded by thinking our views are perfect.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    In our defense i think the makes us very open to different points of view. I think some people assume im just being agreeable, but often i dont believe this is the case. I can honestly empathise with both points of view. I do have a very strong undercurrent of values that are not changeable however. I see this as a strengh, we stick by what we believe but we are not blinded by thinking our views are perfect.
    This is true for me too. And yeah it can look like a contradiction when you verbally empathize with someone else's view but generally disagree and then state your own view.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think there is much controdiction, at least not in my own reasoning. The bits of information I send out, often are just unrelated bits.

Now some people seem to have the tendency to want to relate these bits of info, let's say, see a forest in a couple of randomly planted trees. And yes, then it's not difficult to see see contradictions.

Remember those drawings when you were a kid where you had to connect the dots? Sometimes dots are just dots, not meant to be connected. If you try anyway, you get something that doesn't make sense.

Ne is about loose bits, the overall picture is constructed by Fi (in ENFps). Now people who have more structured approaches to handling knowledge might point this out to us, attacking us at PoLR. And because we are Ne, we are sensitive to it as well, they might be right, and we get insecure. There is no need for this insecurity: Socionics and MBTI provide the answers why.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking