Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deltas and shopping

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shop a lot like Maritsa. Oh, and I'm currently addicted to shopping on craigslist!! Oh Maritsa, the quality products I find, like new condition, for half the price on craigslist, you would be so proud.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    I shop a lot like Maritsa. Oh, and I'm currently addicted to shopping on craigslist!! Oh Maritsa, the quality products I find, like new condition, for half the price on craigslist, you would be so proud.

I am proud
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    On average, I do not like shopping for clothes, as it can take me forever to decide what I want to buy. In the end I will just grab something off the rack and go to pay for and decide that I don't want to spend that much money on it and put it back on the rack; so I often leave the store with very little to nothing. Once I settle on something, like say a favorite pair of jeans or khakis, I will just keep buying the same brand and size until the store either no longer carries them or the company stops making them, in which the process of deciding begins all over again. For the most part, I have very few clothes and I tend to wear my clothes and sneakers until they are worn out, in which my wife will talk me into going shopping for replacements. I used to avoid the mall like the plague because all of the people made me a little nervous, but that has gone away for the most part as I've aged.
    Yeah, like you, I have only a few pairs of shoes (I'm not a shoe person) and I don't have that many clothes. I just wear things down to nothing (holes and everything ), and go shopping only when it's absolutely necessary as in I'm going down to wearing the same slacks two or three times a week (and worry that THEY will notice).

I still don't get rid of the Wholy ones.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Who wants to shop with me?
    I do. I need a lightweight peacoat-like jacket/coat with a hood and preferably a belt. The goal is something that looks sharp, sheds rain fairly well, and layers nicely. After searching through many a coatless store (apparently it's "between seasons"), I found two, but they were both too expensive... ... HELP!!! It's going to be cool and rainy in Prague! And in Paris! And probably Vienna!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I do. I need a lightweight peacoat-like jacket/coat with a hood and preferably a belt. The goal is something that looks sharp, sheds rain fairly well, and layers nicely. After searching through many a coatless store (apparently it's "between seasons"), I found two, but they were both too expensive... ... HELP!!! It's going to be cool and rainy in Prague! And in Paris! And probably Vienna!
    My sister got a really nice one from Mango (I think/I could ask), but then she's the kind of person who'd spend her last dime on clothes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There SHOULD be a thread on what one can do with WHOLY clothes .
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do. I need a lightweight peacoat-like jacket/coat with a hood and preferably a belt.
    Have you tried searching online?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy shopping for things like books, music, electronics; clothing would be okay, but the decision-making process involves more effort (i.e. trying things on, waiting for a change room) than its worth usually.

One thing that I absolutely hate about shopping is the customer service. I hate being doted on. I loath having to assure three or four minimum wage earners per store that I don't need help. I know how the fucking alphabet works - I think I can figure it out. Oh yes, please search that band that I already know you don't have because I just fucking looked. Oh yes, please look up that book that I am currently searching because its so very helpful that you annoy me while I am actually trying to do something. Oh, yes, please incorrectly state the technical specs in your pathetic version of a sales pitch on this item that I just spent the past three hours researching on my computer and walked into the store KNOWING I would buy. Oh, you mean I can buy 6 packs of toilet paper for the price of 5? Cool. You are so helpful. You've made this experience so enjoyable.

Needless to say, I do most of my shopping online now.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really enjoy shopping with other people. I generally find it a chore (all sorts of shopping) occaisionally food shopping is ok, if i go late at night when it's quiet and i'm planning a dinner party or something similar...then i can be more creative. Sometimes it can be fun. Those times are usually when i am in just the right mood and i have plenty of space and time to rifle through things.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that I often don't have want for much, so I rarely ever go shopping for incidentals. I allocate most of my money (not going into living expenses) on the arcade and going out with friends. Not that I don't enjoy shopping for things when I do find myself the occasion, but I only feel a need to go out if there's something in specific I need.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just going to meet my SEE really good close fantastic friend. She is amazing, i am often in awe of her ability to flutter her eye lashes and receive whatever it is she wants, telepathically. She has many qualities, thats prob one she'd be proud of though.

And also, for the record... I just want to say... I AM SO CO-ORDINATED TODAY IT HURTS. Seriouslly, my friend is going to be so proud of me for choosing colour matching clothes. I'm really excited to go and see her. Tootles.

Edit: There might be shopping, i shall just sing to myself and forget we are in shops, she always makes things fun anyway, honestly we could have fun in a paper bag.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... so seeing as this is the shopping thread....WANT!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Long-wavy-...item43bfc72cc0

Edit: It would look better if all the highlights were green i think.
    Last edited by SyrupDeGem; 09-22-2013 at 11:50 PM.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Have you tried searching online?
    Yes, but it's too late now. I brought an older, more worn, hoodless and beltless coat, which should still do the job of keeping me warm. Plus I haven't seen many people in Prague wearing hoods, so I assume they manage to still survive the relatively frequent rain anyway.

I suppose I could try to buy one here... I think I've almost got the currency figured out.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suppose I could try to buy one here... I think I've almost got the currency figured out.
    Well yes, you can always exchange it there, so it is not a big problem.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It really depends what I'm shopping for. In general, I like shopping, unless I feel like all my options suck and are waaaay too expensive. I like online shopping more, honestly.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, Deltas buy A LOT of ornaments.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, actually IEE I know is really cheap and thrifty and doesn't really enjoy shopping and does it only if she must or buys ridiculous "princess" things to play up the stereotype for fun

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping is the worst... I hate it. I think it's a guy thing.

I kind of think that Minde is IEI though...

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hate shopping

I shop at the local goodwill because I couldn't care less, but even then I don't think I've gone shopping in over a year

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love mall shopping, Amazon shopping, and clothes shopping, selecting quality pieces has always been enjoyable. That said, I often put my paycheck away before my compulsory nature gets the best of me

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shopping is a bit of a chore for me... but once i start, i cant stop, and wellp! there goes my wallet.
    im pretty good at saving tho so it all balances out... somehow. i guess. lmao.

another reason i dont really like shopping is bc im so nitpicky when it comes to design and quality! it also gets a lil overwhelming when having to narrow my choices down (bc i'll end up with like 20+ things in my cart, clothing or product wise)
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Shopping is super fun to me... online or at a mall, but never at a single shop, that's what bores me to death. I sometimes amuse myself looking at cool things that I could buy but probably won't, like a massive phatt snorlax bean bag chair or a glowing mushroom lamp.

Clothing however is fucking boring unless it's online, simply because I don't know where to look... I hate typical men's clothing it's so casual and boring to me. Like that's part of why I wanted to be a girl, they dress way more aesthetically.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like bookshopping, shopping for fandom-related stuff, and shopping for art supplies. When it comes to things like that, I can go for hours and not get tired of it. This is why I save up a lot of money and then splurge. Shopping for things of interest, I have in mind the type of thing that I want, or just the general category. When it comes to clothes/shoe shopping, I do find it to be a chore and draining. And I don't have as much of a threshhold. It boggles my mind that some people do that for fun.

I know that I need things to wear, but it's not really that interesting to me. I've at least learned to appreciate what colors look good on me as I've gotten older, but I hate looking at myself in the mirror for extended periods of time. Especially because some mirrors of stores are not so flattering. I actually like food shopping, but I'm tempted to buy goodies. They say not to go food shopping while you're hungry.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12