View Poll Results: what is Charles Darwin's type?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • SLE

0 0%
  • IEI

0 0%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • SEE

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ESI

0 0%
  • IEE

0 0%
  • SLI

2 100.00%
  • LSE

0 0%
  • EII

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Darwin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    About Darwin....This place says ILI and explains why: http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/ili.shtml
    I'm not going to argue with it since I know very little about the guy.
    *snore*

Doesn't explain much. Actually, doesn't say anything that I haven't already said in some way in this thread.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Charles Darwin

I think the ideas of Charles Darwin are very strongly Ni and very strongly dynamic. (Natural selection, constant change of species which may always end with the emergence of a new species, the improvement of species...)

I'm thinking he's ENxj.

(PS! I was unable to find a topic about him, maybe I didn't look hard enough. There must be a thread about a man like Darwin.)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aah I was sure he'd be in some ENTp list somewhere just because he was a great scientist.

ILI fits my observation - Ni and dynamic. Also, the travelling is definitely more IP than EJ, so INTp works just fine. (INFp would also work with what I know of him).
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Also, the travelling is definitely more IP than EJ, so INTp works just fine.
    Not so sure about this. LIEs are noted on Lytov's site as being inclined to aplinism.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Not so sure about this. LIEs are noted on Lytov's site as being inclined to aplinism.
    That's a random holdover from some early descriptions. That's about as true as saying that EIIs often become political activists.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    That's a random holdover from some early descriptions. That's about as true as saying that EIIs often become political activists.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I have come to think the erotic attitudes can be rather misleading. Anyway, still worth pointing out:

Relationship with wife, nervousness about being left alone

Peter Brent's biography "Darwin: A Man of Enlarged Curiosity" writes that Charles and Emma Darwin's "ties to each other were linked to childhood and the very beginnings of memory. They had a common history, a joint tradition. It is hard to think their relationship a passionate one, but it was happy, and the happiness had deep roots." Bradbury7 - himself a social psychologist - draws on this biography to argue that in Darwin's letters, Emma was "always the mother, never the child, Darwin always the child, never the father." who gave his wife the nickname "mammy", writing "My dearest old Mammy ... Without you, when sick I feel most desolate .. Oh Mammy, I do long to be with you and under your protection for then I feel safe." Brent states that it is difficult to see that that this is a thirty-nine year old man writing to his wife and not a young child writing to his mother. Barloon and Noyes1 quote Darwin's admission to Dr. Chapman of "nervousness when Emma leaves me" which they interpret as a fear of being alone associated with his panic disorder.

Like his mother, Darwin's wife Emma was devoutly Unitarian. His father, speaking from experience, warned Charles before he proposed to Emma that "some women suffered miserably by doubting about the salvation of their husbands, thus making them likewise to suffer." Darwin did tell Emma of his ideas at that stage, and while she was deeply concerned about the danger to his afterlife expressed in the Gospel "If a man abide not in me...they are burned", she married him and remained fully supportive of his work throughout their marriage. She read and helped with his "Essay" setting out his theory in 1844, long before he showed his theory to anyone else. She went through the pages, making notes in the margins pointing out unclear passages and showing where she disagreed. As his illness progressed she nursed him, restraining him from overworking and making him take holiday breaks, always helping him to continue with his work.
    Charles Darwin's illlness
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12