View Poll Results: What Quadra fits you best at http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • None of them fits well

0 0%
  • Gamma

0 0%
  • Beta

0 0%
  • Alpha

0 0%
  • Delta

0 0%
  • 85 100.00%

Thread: Quadra Spirit (vote and discuss)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quadra Spirit (vote and discuss)

I want to explore how reliable are the Quadra related observations at:
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

The page contains descriptions of typical "Spirit" in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta groups. Do you think these descriptions are accurate and helpful in typing yourself?

The page seems very trustworthy but according to that I would belong most likely to Alpha group and most likely be the NT variant (ENTp/INTj). I am not even close to being Gamma. Beta and Delta are kind of neutral from my perspective. This would (again) change my type so I want to be sure that I can trust this information.

One thing I wonder is if Alpha and Gamma are supposed to be some kind of opposites? So much stronger is my relation to the Alpha description compared to Gamma that it seems so. This means Beta and Delta would also be some kind of opposites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I choose Delta and Gamma though every quadra has disagreement, but finally only Delta by reasons below.
    • Alpha - I hate it when people seemed to recommend a theory strongly but dump it afterward.
    • Beta - I don't like to affirm most kind of hierarchy.
    • Gamma - I don't like things such like a story of success.
    • Delta - I'm not good at any kind of group activity.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too idealistic to have any empirical backing, and too vague to have any real meaning.

Beta sounds good to me. Delta sounds boooring.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Beta sounds good to me.
    Yep, you're posterchild for Beta. Maybe being adaptive in modern America's teenagehood is like that.

You mean you can get across better if it's like this?

Which kind of books do you think agreeable most if someone has as favorite?
    • Alpha - "A Totally New, Inspiring Theory (and poor people who won't never understand and acept it)"
    • Beta - "Beta Dating/Party/Jokes" "How To Be The Boss"
    • And so on...

Honestly, I didn't feel idealstic. I choice Delta from two considering if someone drop a book like "How To Be A Winner In The Market" I'll feel a bit disappointed at him/her, though.

People's desire is always idealistic, and creepy when it comes with much detail.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma and delta. about half of each sounded like me.

alpha and beta did not sound like me at all.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma sounds most like me except in the "group behavior" bit, but then I've never been out with more than 2 other Gammas at the same time, and never guys-only.

Delta sounds most like me in the group behavior bit.

Beta reminds me why I dislike going out with most groups.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see strong elements of personal interpretation in this article. It is always interesting to see how different people feel about quadras and it is always contains element of truth but the personal interpretation can be biased. I, personally, have got different perception of quadras - more general and more abstract I guess. As soon as we try to define the details - it does not sound right to me anymore or rather not objective.
    I try to find objectivity which can only be reached by thinking and defining things together. Looking from different prospective would mean to taking away details of subjective interpretation and leaving just what it is. It is still a way to go...
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think those quadra spirits are fairly accurate. The beta people i have to work with love their large laughs and whenever they assess people or initiate conversation they always use stereotypes of workers within the company. In example: I was making a bed the other night in the dark and a beta woman(god she's a horrible person) walks in and says, "How about a little light?" and i say, because i hate her, "how about it?" She doesn't say anything but her next statement is, "You must wanna be one of those night shift workers with the working in the dark and all." This is typical of beta, especially those on the lower end on the spectrum of intelligence/inherit worth. They also like to talk about, complain about different institutions they've worked for. This is about the most personal information you'll get from them. The woman expects me to know her when she tells me, "i use to be a nurse in a prison." Of course, there are lots of fiery, intelligent and passionate beta people out there as well. Age is a huge factor in this situation. Most of the younger people i've known still categorize but they work in a different structure. If stll in high school, you can bet it's beta that is most interested in cliques and what they say about the members in the clique. For example, "He's an emo kid." What does that mean? For example, "He's just a jock." What does that mean? They may also say something like, "He's a jock but man he's a lot different." At least that's what I remember from my earlier education.

Sorry beta, you just have it all wrong..and seem to think it's okay to ignore the individual in favor of a stereotyped social distinction.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i think those quadra spirits are fairly accurate. The beta people i have to work with love their large laughs and whenever they assess people or initiate conversation they always use stereotypes of workers within the company. In example: I was making a bed the other night in the dark and a beta woman(god she's a horrible person) walks in and says, "How about a little light?" and i say, because i hate her, "how about it?" She doesn't say anything but her next statement is, "You must wanna be one of those night shift workers with the working in the dark and all." This is typical of beta, especially those on the lower end on the spectrum of intelligence/inherit worth. They also like to talk about, complain about different institutions they've worked for. This is about the most personal information you'll get from them. The woman expects me to know her when she tells me, "i use to be a nurse in a prison." Of course, there are lots of fiery, intelligent and passionate beta people out there as well. Age is a huge factor in this situation. Most of the younger people i've known still categorize but they work in a different structure. If stll in high school, you can bet it's beta that is most interested in cliques and what they say about the members in the clique. For example, "He's an emo kid." What does that mean? For example, "He's just a jock." What does that mean? They may also say something like, "He's a jock but man he's a lot different." At least that's what I remember from my earlier education.

Sorry beta, you just have it all wrong..and seem to think it's okay to ignore the individual in favor of a stereotyped social distinction.
    lol
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath

This was intentionally ironic, right?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I try to avoid- emotional attachment to each quadra: this is not abstract or scientific .

Each type is beautiful and so each quadra. We can find bad or good experiences with people from all quadras but the idea of a type or a quadra must be cristal clear. These emotional generalisations are chankcs of mud.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

This was intentionally ironic, right?
    not really, but in retrospect, it was incredibly ironic. It was actually somewhat serious.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    This is what I try to avoid- emotional attachment to each quadra: this is not abstract or scientific .
    my attachment isn't emotional. I have serious disdain for people like that regardless of their quadra or type. It's just convenient that the information that characterizes people of the beta quadra coincides with my distaste.
    asd

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default heath

We all have right to express what we think and feel and you actually stirring the arguement here, which is again fine with me - I like it. It would be interesting to find out how people come to have it all wrong and not to care about individual's needs.

What I am concerned is that types and qudras presented not like an abstract shape/form but also with the refernce to content. Content will differ from individual to individual. We attach the label to Beta as protecting the system no matter what. But I am sure that Betas only do wrong if they do not want to hear the call for correction from other quadra types ( not balanced) otherwise they do a lot of good. They have enough conflict within the quadra.

What Gamma would change if the system was not there in a first place? We have to pay respect to each other's special abilities and treat each other with respect. I could easily imagine that some Betas go against the system and suffer from it as anybody else. Though it would not suprise me that the majority will rather work for the system - otherwise the quadra would not exist.

What I do not like in descriptions of types and qudras that they create labes and stigmas which we can later attach to individual people. Just to point to each other weaknesses is good fro bringing the issue to the open but at the end of the day it is not a purpose in itself, we need to learn to cooperate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta - I'm not good at any kind of group activity.

I like working alone a lot more than being under someone else or above someone else. Being above is a little annoying especially if he/she don't know exactly what I want and instead of explaining, why don't I just do it myself. And being under someone, well, I wouldn't put as much into it if it's not completely mine...

And I don't like group sports and anything groupy. It's annoying, sucks the energy out of me...
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta fits me best overall. Aplha fits me well too, primarily the area and the group behavior. Beta and Gamma sound mostly uncomfortable.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the difference between Alfa and Delta for you? Why do you choose Alfa and not Delta and on the opposite?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anything but beta.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the difference between Alfa and Delta for you? Why do you choose Alfa and not Delta and on the opposite?
    I chose Alpha for all of the reasons listed under the " blocked with " category.

From the Website:
    Types from the Alpha Quadra enjoy freely exchanging new ideas and theories as a form of intellectual leisure.
    Check. This has got to be one of my favorite "pasttimes" with close friends. It is this exchange that allows me to constantly refine and reorganize my ideas as below.

They like to systematize knowledge and create new categories and speculative hypotheses without necessarily intending to see their theories tested or implemented.
    Check again. I think that there is some element of wanting to see what it would be like, but it may have a better chance of getting done if I get others thinking about it. And sometimes this speculation is merely that, speculation, because there would be no way to test these ideas in any concrete form only in the abstract.

The Alpha Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of mercantilistic views, ostentatious displays of wealth and status symbols, rude and aggressive behavior, moral criticism, and people who suggest they are wasting their time on unproductive things.
    Check on all things listed.

Spontaneous, disorganized activities "for the fun of it." Light-hearted, non-serious atmosphere with very few "heavy" moments. Skipping from topic to topic without reaching any permanent conclusions.
    I have done this many times before. It is my way of trying to ensure that I "get out more." The more leisurely setting allows for people to be at their most natural state, which makes them easier to talk to and less likely to be self-conscious about what they say to the group.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too for everything Logos wrote.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster