Thread: My parents were ISFj and ISTj types

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My parents were ISFj and ISTj types ...

I just discovered after having a long talk with my parents that they are both ISTj and ISFj respectivelly, even the physical description fits them and they look like the types ... I guess that has a whole lot to do with becoming ESTp/ENTp, since my hidden agenda is to find someone that loves me and accepts me. ISTj fathers have a tough time knowing how to raise children apparently.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate ISFJs. They are evil closeminded succubusses.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTjs are even worse .. I can handle my mother, but my father has this horrible critical mindset and unreasonable expectations of everything and everyone like all of the time.

Actually, I had an ISFj chick that wanted me as a boyfriend, she was actually very loving and caring during the time we spent together; but, I didn't live with her ever and that's probably why we got along.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, now. My dad's an ISFj and we get along great. He's one of those INFjish ISFjs, you know the ones who are passive and not very forceful. But being my activity partner and all...

My cousin and one of my friends are ISTjs. It's a thrill to be around these two. But then, they are my benefactors...

See, some types are the devil to one and God to the other.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking that I really am ENTp, I have a supervisory relationship with my father and a conflicting relationship with my mother; sounds very painful.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, I am taking that both me and my sister are duel personalities of our parents ... I am an ENTp whereas she is an ENFp ...

Even my parents had admitted that me and my sister seemed far more extraverted throughout our life than they ever have been.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tribbleposting!

Dear rmcnew
    I beliveve it is totally unnecessary, and frankly rather annoying, to post the same message three times. Most of us at least check all the threads, and if you feel compelled to make your point, you could just post a short link.

The ideas you proposed were very reasonable and based on standard socionics theory, but unfortunately this kind of rather abstract approach is not always all that helpful. I should know, since I have been trying to use it since day one. The question of typing in socionics is primarily an empirical one. Many concepts sound fine in theory, but then reality intervenes... Hopefully with help from our INTP regulars you will soon be able to formulate more concrete examples on how the different structures of the INTP and ENTP minds translate into different needs and abilities, and how INTPs and ENTPs would typically behave differently in similar situations, etc.

***Addendum***

I would like to add that I have been greatly delighted by your enthusiasm and efforts. The point I wanted to make was, though, that the crucial question is not whether other ENTPs will come to agree with you, but rather whether INTPs will come to disagree with the same proposal. It is surprisingly easy to write a type description that seems to fit almost everyone to the tee, but far, far harder to accurately pinpoint the differences between neighboring types.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I confess that was a tad bit extreeme posting that same thing 3 times; but, these threads I am making are all interconnected to oneanother and I don't necessarily have faith that everyone will see that connection unless I point them to that connection. A link would have been a less extreeme soultion, but others could miss my emphasis in context and emphasis on my points would suffer as a result. Or I could have posted a summary and a link, that would have been better I think.

And in reply to you view of what you consider my series of "abstract points," everything that I have listed applies 100% to me and various other people of my type or a similar type. Sooner or later someone of my type is going to come along and agree they feel and think the same way. Several of you are going to rationalize this as a coincidence and disregard it because I did not take some "appropiate step;" however, a few of you will accept what I have to say and respect my unorthodox methods without passing any similar biased judgements.

And you are right, there are many many diffrences between ENTps and INTps; yet, there are also many many similarities, the main one being love and the outwards and innerwards manifestation of it. There is alot to learn and I never claimed to know everything, but I am learning.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I believe one of my colleagues might be an ISFj. We don't get along very well (I'm an INTj). My VI is lousy but she looks like she could be an ISFj. It won't let me post the photo here, but you observe it here:

http://www.ar.cc.mn.us/chemistry/personnel/default.htm

She is Kelly.

Laura

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has physical features similar to ISFJs, but it is hard to say without first observing her behaviour for a little while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious , (guess who likes to make extrasilly jokes), how do your parents get a long? Mine are from same type as yours.
    Semiotical process

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been seperated since 1993, but from what I could remember my dad had all of these impossible expectations he constantly wanted us to fulfill and none of us could ever live up to them; that's besides the fact that my father always had these weird ideas about how to do things socially that were just totally odd. Like, he didn't want us to take the last bit of food that was left at the dinner table and he would have these bizaar punishments if we didn't follow his rules, like he would take away the cable box or computer keyboard or the television or a video games something else totally unrelated to what ever it was he thought we did wrong; my mother always seemed to be the peacemaker when dad wasn't around because she didn't always agree with my father and actually thought he was sort of an idiot at times.

Other than that, I can remember my parents getting into alot of physical fights and arguments right before they broke up, and that was pretty much the extent of it. My father basically ran the house like it was some sort of bootcamp.