Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is this any different from your other tests?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    It has a fancy name.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    better descriptions

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B anc C were definite. A and D were hard to pick. I played around with the questions and scored ENTj 6 times.

http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/v3.1/...ults.htm?e_i=6
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ESFj - lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    better descriptions
    the descriptions seem to be of identical quality to me. you've made a whole lot of tests which seem to function in exactly the same way, and have had similar successes. if you really want to make another test, i would try something different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the descriptions seem to be of identical quality to me. you've made a whole lot of tests which seem to function in exactly the same way, and have had similar successes. if you really want to make another test, i would try something different.
    Of course it's the same test, and people who took it already will probably come out exactly the same. Obviously, people who don't like their result or who disagree with the version of Socionics Hugo uses won't like it any better with the minor changes. But I see some value in refining a test. The old test descriptions were maybe too long, leading someone to think "that part of the description applies to me, but that other part doesn't."

However, I think they're too short here. By far the best ones are the ones in part A...Ti vs. Fi. The descriptions of Te, Ni, Si, and Se are relatively weak. The Se one is the weakest in my opinion. Apart from whether one thinks it's "true," imagine yourself as an Se-dominant person...Would an Se person really identify with that sentence the way it's phrased?...

Also, I think people may be attentive to the concepts of "strength" and "power" without being Se.

Of course, per Niffweed's comment, I think there is a big structural weakness in all versions of the test, that's quite obvious and easy to fix. Namely, if you ask which question was the hardest to decide, their answer can be influenced by the fact that they didn't understand a description, or that a description wasn't as well worded for them...In other words, that question confounds qualities about the person with qualities about the test.

I would propose the following: Create 5-10 attributes for each function. Each section would have 5-10 questions (of course the same number of questions for section, whatever you decide)...and you'd rate on a scale....

Identify much more strongly with choice (a)
    Identify somewhat more strongly with choice (a)
    Identify somewhat more strongly with choice (b)
    Identify much more strongly with choice (b)

Then, to determine which one they had "trouble" answering, just tally the results mathematically to see which one is closest to the middle or to the extremes.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO I read your questions to my husband. He answered other than what I expected on #4. Then it asked which was hardest to answer, and he said #4. I thought he had a harder time answering #3, so I put #3 and it came up INTj. But then I went back and changed it to say #4 was hardest (as he'd actually answered) and it came up ISTp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    SO I read your questions to my husband. He answered other than what I expected on #4. Then it asked which was hardest to answer, and he said #4. I thought he had a harder time answering #3, so I put #3 and it came up INTj. But then I went back and changed it to say #4 was hardest (as he'd actually answered) and it came up ISTp.
    That's actually the *exact* thing that happened to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again it comes down to a matter of deciding that...
    a) one of the questions is harder to answer because one has a problem with the wording or the wording just doesn't seem to as clear to one...
    ...or...
    b) one really has a harder time deciding one of the dichotomies because of something about one's personality.

That's why it would be better to automatically decide which one was "harder" through a tally.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The test has been updated today, and it will work accurately for ISTps.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugo, please do not use the 'alert moderator' option unless we need to be alerted to a crisis, thanks ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Hugo, please do not use the 'alert moderator' option unless we need to be alerted to a crisis ... Thanks ...
    I don't know what that is. Please explain.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone alerted one of your posts to the moderators ... and it said it was you in the moderator alert panel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone alerted one of your posts to the moderators ... and it said it was you in the moderator alert panel.
    Yeah, I pressed the exclaimation mark button to see what it was.

So what is the exclaimation button for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INTj, by both chosing B and C as the most difficult.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only hit that button if the moderators need to be alerted to a user who is abusing his/her privaledge to post. If you hit it too often for posts that do not need this, you are just going to annoy the moderators and they might just might start ignoring your alerts or get pissed or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only hit that button if the moderators need to be alerted to a user who is abusing his/her privaledge to post.
    Could you give an example of an abuse. Thanks.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Could you give an example of an abuse. Thanks.
    Hugo, just die. You're a fucking idiot and everything you post is worthless.

How's that?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp

You're test is wrong.

C. Which one describes you better most of the time?

I am more attentive to physical sensations.

I am more attentive to doing things within/at the right time.
    Here I am more attentive to physical sensations. That description you had for Ni before was better. I can't remember it now but there I had to pick Ni over Si. Here I have to pick Si over Ni. I couldn't care less about doing things within/at the right time. It's just something I do. I'm zero or next to zero attentive to it. It's literally as if you asked:

Which one describes you better most of the time?

I am more attentive to not get run over by a car.

I am more attentive to not stop breathing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here I am more attentive to physical sensations. That description you had for Ni before was better. I can't remember it now but there I had to pick Ni over Si. Here I have to pick Si over Ni. I couldn't care less about doing things within/at the right time.
    I agree that Ni is worse, though I didn't like it before that much either. I also wonder if Se people consider themselves sensitive to physical sensations too, but in a different way than Si (?).

At least Te is much better than before. I see a big improvement there, even though there are probably still some applications of Te that aren't covered there.

As to Ni, I guess it really depends on your overall view of what Ni types are like. In Socionics, it's described as "intuition of the time," but unfortunately there's a lot of confusion about what that means. Personally, I think that the people who are most concerned with being on time are the four Sj types....probably ISTj more than another type.

I'd be very curious about your overal view or conception of what INTps are like....See http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5144. Your internal image of what Ni types are like probably has a big impact on which definitions/interpretations you're drawn to.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INTp first after saying D was the hardest and then saying I'm more relaxed (which I am). Then I clicked back, switched my answer to proactive and got ENTj. I still think I'm an ENTj but maybe not your typical/stereotypical ENTj. shrug...

I guess this explains why this ESFp chick was so attracted to me.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INTj. Then switched from C to A for "most difficult to answer"question and got ISTp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.