Hybrid View

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    His entire philosophy is based in power(in the more naturalistic sense).

I wouldn't call him humanitarian as he isn't really concerned with humanity as much as nature and how humanity can grasp it.

Ethics is essentially a book which is a scathing criticism of the moral and ethics of his time, he did not commit many bad things in life but it was never a major concern of his.

His personal ethical/moral philosophy was very succinct and simple and non-idealistic.

I think he's LII.

This works starts also this way...

It's a fairly scathing critique on humanitarian ideals as he sees most of social life as vain and futile.

Also stuff like this...
    He could really be LII

Spinoza was primary a naturalist but when you compare his philosophy with Hobbes or Puffendorf the human factor plays a bigger role (what doesn't make him an ethical) but what is more remarkebale in comparison to Hobbes or Puffendorfis that his philosophy was way less influenced by the Thirty-Years War. What is probably a sign for intuition over sensing.

@anyone what is rawls type?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    He could really be LII

Spinoza was primary a naturalist but when you compare his philosophy with Hobbes or Puffendorf the human factor plays a bigger role (what doesn't make him an ethical) but what is more remarkebale in comparison to Hobbes or Puffendorfis that his philosophy was way less influenced by the Thirty-Years War. What is probably a sign for intuition over sensing.

@anyone what is rawls type?
    I think of Rawls as a LII as well.