Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Political Picture Thread

Yes, we've been needing one of these. Let's see how long it can stay a party.

(.. on the current topic of privacy invasion, illegal wire taps, etc.)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mickey Mouse would be an awesome president, how dare you compare him to Obama

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll never vote democrat because they missed such a great opportunity last election...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you guys notice the new Facebook settings?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Fuck Obama. He's taken away so many American rights that most people aren't even aware of.

Do you know the government can legally arrest and imprison people now without a trial or due process? Yeah that was hidden in the healthcare bill, or some of the other bogus bills they try to rush through the system, unread.

I would be happier for Mickey Mouse to be president than Obama.
    I think Guantanamo started before Obama, before it was legal, before all of that. I mean the US has had no problems incarcerating people without a trial or due process many times in the past. AKA Japanese internment camps, various communist purges, indians, etc. It just happens that in the past it generally only applied to undesirables, minorities and people without rights.

It seems to me now the boot of the system is in the hands of a black man(which isn't even true, but he represents the system for the next few years), that all of a sudden white people feel endangered by the system. ^_^

Anyways, the house has blocked the elimination of Guantanamo every single time, generally on a partisan Republican basis, essentially as long as the rules only apply to certain groups, people seem to turn a blind eye to abuse. If you happen to think you'll find civil rights salvation with the Republicans(basically the only other group out there that can win), I seriously doubt it.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeahh it's everything Obamas fault under Bush something like that would have never happened

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Perhaps there is some pent-up racism and fear that he is black. But I think, to consider that the sole reason, would be by and large misleading. People care about their rights and don't want them taken away, regardless of the irrelevant color of the skin of the person taking them away.
    I'm not happy with my rights taken away either but a lot people didn't seem to care much about it in the past. In the politicized climate, I'm quite skeptical of many individuals. I was against the Patriot act when it was enacted and still against it, but I don't think a majority of Americans are against it.

But I am glad you pointed those situations out. It's somehow relaxing to know that despite how screwed-up our country was in the past, it bounced back. It gives me hope that we can bounce back from the mess we're in now. I know you've mentioned you're pro-US real estate before, hkkmr. From this post I take it you're still bullish on the US economy long-term. Is this correct? Or just on real estate, and still bullish on China?
    I see America as having the most fertile land and resource rich country in the world, this is indeed a land of plenty. I'm always in the long term bullish on US and China as these two places are the most fertile and resource rich places in the world. However my idea of long term is beyond my lifetime and multi-generational, in my lifetime, I think that America will be economically strong but stagnate politically. I do feel optimistic that the problems in the US will be solved without the kind of brutality(althrough it will still be bad for many people) that has characterized the past.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

take that shit outside. keep it a party.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fuck Obama. He's taken away so many American rights that most people aren't even aware of.

Do you know the government can legally arrest and imprison people now without a trial or due process? Yeah that was hidden in the healthcare bill, or some of the other bogus bills they try to rush through the system, unread.

I would be happier for Mickey Mouse to be president than Obama.
    One day you'll realize that it doesn't matter which president is in power and what his party is. All presidents are the same since JFK, they're professional liars that have the same group of people pulling the strings behind the scenes.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Orwell is quote by a lot people, but in 1984 there is a character Emmanuel Goldstein who is nothing but a fiction created as a revolutionary figure.

There are many martyrs for causes, but the truth remains that most often the supposed heroes and leaders betray us or were nothing but mere self-servicing egoists in the first place.

Hate and awe are easy emotions to manipulate, but ultimately they will lead you to being betrayed.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    One day you'll realize that it doesn't matter which president is in power and what his party is. All presidents are the same since JFK, they're professional liars that have the same group of people pulling the strings behind the scenes.
    Politicians are professional liars because people are professional dunces, they want to be lied to. Many often prefer a beautiful lie than a ugly truth.

The truth is that you can trust few individuals and almost everyone know very little about the truth of this world, most trust is merely the mutual avoidance of undesirable consequences or the mutual desire for benefit. It matters a lot in a democratic society how you vote, who is in power and what policies get set, because things like Supreme Court Justices, laws, legislation and many other policies are still very relevant You will not get what you want but if you were expecting that you are blind to the desires of others.

Your politicians will fail you, and you will fail your society by doing nothing about it and not educating yourself and disenfranchising yourself by choice, then you have failed your society. There are many individual who want to disenfranchise the society and wish to perpetuate the lie that you are powerless, that the forces arrayed against you are unassailable, that you are merely a victim of society. Should you choose to believe this lie, that is your prerogative, it's certainly a safe lie, until the real abuses trickle down to you.

The truth is that one is never powerless, although we might feel it, the enemies against are only men and their delusions and absurdities, and although their resources might dwarf ours and that if you are steadfast and determined, the possibility for success exists.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This thread is actually ironically funny, because it's so much propaganda pictures. Betrayed revolutions indeed.

BTW Bitcoin is simply one huge fraud. The fact that picture even is being used is really ironic.

The sad thing about revolutions and states is that they very often simply mirrors of each other.

Unfortunately I'm no fun, no political propaganda pictures for me.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It matters a lot in a democratic society how you vote, who is in power and what policies get set, because things like Supreme Court Justices, laws, legislation and many other policies are still very relevant
    Let's say I'm an American and I wanted to vote for:
    -a person who isn't affiliated with Skulls And Bones, the secret society in the second round of 2004 US presidential election
    -a president who will not bomb brown people
    -a president who will leave us the fuck alone
    -a president who will not bailout the banks
    who should I vote for?

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is actually ironically funny, because it's so much propaganda pictures.
    Calling something as propaganda is propaganda too.
    BTW Bitcoin is simply one huge fraud. The fact that picture even is being used is really ironic.
    Well, many of my friends have made a quite a lot of money with Bitcoin. What a nice fraud it is.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Let's say I'm an American and I wanted to vote for:
    -a person who isn't affiliated with Skulls And Bones, the secret society in the second round of 2004 US presidential election
    -a president who will not bomb brown people
    -a president who will leave us the fuck alone
    -a president who will not bailout the banks
    who should I vote for?
    I voted for Obama 2008 and 2012, better than voting for Romney or Mccain.

I don't need everything perfect either. Contrary to popular belief, a President can't stop a war he didn't start with a wave of his hand and some hocus-pocus. And congress can block his way to repealing things like Guantanamo.

I don't demonize a individual because of the failing of the system nor do I demonize them because they are simply someone I don't agree with them. I voted Obama because of decisions like Sotomayor, universal health care, the promise to eventually end the wars(which is happening), and the promise to try and close Guantanamo, which is being blocked by congress. I see some progress on these issues and it's better than what would have happened with the alternative. The rest, I never had any illusions it was going to work out in the first place. I take the small victories where I can.

If Obama fails this go around, there's going to be another election and another group of people put in charge and another set of promises and goals and I will see who is going to promote my issues and who is going to be against that. And you do this until you don't or the unity is irrevocably broken or you are broken. I never had any illusions of the politicians fulfilling a fraction of the promises they say, but I do judge people on the attempt, their overall goals and other such traits.

I can't tell you who you can vote for, that's your individual choice, you can vote for no one, but I'm sick of not being represented even in a few of my interests.

The fact remains that you engage in propaganda, trying to tell people what to do, how to vote or not vote, to sway them into your side with your own set of lies and misrepresentations. You make for a pretty good politician. You're a liar, a propagandist, someone more than willing to use emotional appeals and simplifications to get what you want from people.

I don't really believe in good or evil, but voting has always been about picking the individuals that best represent me, and it's worked out quite a bit better than picking the one that doesn't represent me.

There is good and bad in everything, I don't pretend there isn't, I don't choose just the lesser evil, but also the greater good, and although you might disagree, it's my prerogative.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well, many of my friends have made a quite a lot of money with Bitcoin. What a nice fraud it is.
    Well I guess that makes your friends not much different than bankers...

Bitcoin and bankers are not much different, same kind of people.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, hkkmr, calling a cat a cat is calling a cat a cat. You ILE never learn. Bitcoin though is pretty alpha deal...

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't need everything perfect either. Contrary to popular belief, a President can't stop a war he didn't start with a wave of his hand and some hocus-pocus. And congress can block his way to repealing things like Guantanamo.
    And you actually listened to his promises!
    [...]the promise to eventually end the wars(which is happening),[...]
    Yeah, after he sends some more troops. PEACE IS WAR!
    I see some progress on these issues and it's better than what would have happened with the alternative. The rest, I never had any illusions it was going to work out in the first place. I take the small victories where I can.
    What a bitch mentality! Democracy loves you. It's like you can choose which cock rapes your ass. How nice of them!
    If Obama fails this go around, there's going to be another election and another group of people put in charge and another set of promises and goals and I will see who is going to promote my issues and who is going to be against that. And you do this until you don't or the unity is irrevocably broken or you are broken. I never had any illusions of the politicians fulfilling a fraction of the promises they say, but I do judge people on the attempt, their overall goals and other such traits.
    It's good that you are satisfied with promises. You ain't getting a lot more than that.
    The fact remains that you engage in propaganda, trying to tell people what to do, how to vote or not vote, to sway them into your side with your own set of lies and misrepresentations. You make for a pretty good politician. You're a liar, a propagandist, someone more than willing to use emotional appeals and simplifications to get what you want from people.
    Thank you, but I must add that I couldn't do it without people like you.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess that makes your friends not much different than bankers...

Bitcoin and bankers are not much different, same kind of people.
    Yeah the entrepreneurship is totally there. The difference is that my friends don't need to be bailed out with stolen money.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact remains that you engage in propaganda, trying to tell people what to do, how to vote or not vote, to sway them into your side with your own set of lies and misrepresentations.
    In the end, everyone is free to choose the lies they believe in.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And you actually listened to his promises!
    I don't listen to promises, I don't believe in promises either. But it's better than someone promising to fuck me over. ^_^ At least I can pressure someone to keep promises that they gave, even if it doesn't happen immediately. Someone that doesn't make the promise I have no way of pressuring them.

Yeah, after he sends some more troops. PEACE IS WAR!
    And yet, most troops are out... hrmmmm..

What a bitch mentality! Democracy loves you. It's like you can choose which cock rapes your ass. How nice of them!
    It's good that you are satisfied with promises. You ain't getting a lot more than that.
    Thank you, but I must add that I couldn't do it without people like you.
    I don't live to be satisfied or to get promises fulfilled, I think that's a stupid way to live. I simply do what I deem worthwhile and push my agenda, one step at a time. I don't need democracy but I prefer it to the totalitarian system that I come from, I like the freedom offered by the democratic first world and the wealth and prosperity that I encounter and is able to acquire. Despite all it's problems democratic society is the only sort of society I feel I will live in or would want to live in. I've seen the other side, people I know suppressed imprisoned and hurt. The west has a good thing, this democracy thing, but it's something that works for people that want it and can steward it properly.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to be that sort of person yet, I don't know how you will turn out, but I hope you learn something, maybe get past the juvenile propaganda worthy of despots but maybe that's not your goal.

Well I'm glad you're able to express your views without suppression and I'm allowed to express mine without suppression, given that in many places my defense and preference for democracy would involve me being tortured or killed and many other brutalities, maybe by someone who thinks like you.

I don't like cocks up my ass, you might. I do like taking people out to dinner for mutual companionship, conversation and discussion. I like that, that sort of mutual exchange of information that is quite pleasant and wonderful sometimes, and other times a bit painful and confrontational. Still it's something I like to have and something I like to have with the people who are supposed to govern this nation. But I'm pretty old now and I only like to take some people to dinner, and other people don't get the invite.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah the entrepreneurship is totally there. The difference is that my friends don't need to be bailed out with stolen money.
    They just stole someone else's...

Financial fraud is financial fraud, there entrepreneurship is no more than that of a ponzi scheme or pump and dump...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    In the end, everyone is free to choose the lies they believe in.
    I like to be able to choose the lies I believe in and voice them without being tortured or killed. I think that's the big difference. It's a little thing, but means quite a bit to me.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't listen to promises, I don't believe in promises either.
    I see...
    I voted Obama because of decisions like Sotomayor, universal health care, the promise to eventually end the wars(which is happening), and the promise to try and close Guantanamo, which is being blocked by congress.
    You don't believe in promises, you don't listen to promises, but you vote based on them. Right..
    Someone that doesn't make the promise I have no way of pressuring them.
    So, tell me how can you pressure candidates? Maybe if you post something nasty on your Facebook they will reconsider their doings. Or wait, vote for a lesser evil! That'll show 'em! Those strategies could work..
    I don't live to be satisfied or to get promises fulfilled, I think that's a stupid way to live.
    ..but apparently you "don't live to" be satisfied by those politicians or get their promises through.
    Unfortunately, you don't seem to be that sort of person yet, I don't know how you will turn out, but I hope you learn something, maybe get past the juvenile propaganda worthy of despots but maybe that's not your goal.

Well I'm glad you're able to express your views without suppression and I'm allowed to express mine without suppression, given that in many places my defense and preference for democracy would involve me being tortured or killed and many other brutalities, maybe by someone who thinks like you.
    So.. how do I think? I kinda thought I was big on the non-aggression principle thing but maybe you know me better.

I think I'm about done here. Sorry for the derail.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Load of bollocks...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I see...

You don't believe in promises, you don't listen to promises, but you vote based on them. Right..
    Not really, but writing your legislator and making a petition is not bad, it takes a concerted effort over a long time to do this sort of thing. Maybe I'll make some silly political pictures or something.

So, tell me how can you pressure candidates? Maybe if you post something nasty on your Facebook they will reconsider their doings. Or wait, vote for a lesser evil! That'll show 'em! Those strategies could work..
    ..but apparently you "don't live to" be satisfied by those politicians or get their promises through.
    So.. how do I think? I kinda thought I was big on the non-aggression principle thing but maybe you know me better.

I think I'm about done here. Sorry for the derail.
    I don't need to be nasty on facebook. I can vote, I can write and I can petition. I don't vote for the lesser evil, I don't vote for people I consider evil. I only vote for people I see as more good than bad, and everyone has bad things about them. I also won't vote for people who will outright promise to do thing 100% against what I believe.

Better to have someone give me empty promises then try to do exactly what I don't want.

I don't listen to promises, or believe in them, but promises give me a idea of what they might try and implement. See past the hot air and empty promises and see the real actions they might take. I try to see the underlying policy and issues they will bring forth and promote in the legislature or some other body of governance.

You want to cast my viewpoint into cheap slogans and a funny picture, it'll probably get you some cool points or what not, but a know nothing, do nothing, disenfranchising mentality is a stupid one to promote, no matter how much money you can make huckstering bitcoin or appealing to fear and despair.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great party.

1. Discuss politics,

2. Compare your opponent to ******,

3. Say he likes cocks,

4. Win.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I partly agree with this and partly disagree.
    Care to elaborate?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best reason for seeing republicans (that I don't actually like) win.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farking outstanding showing of pics aqua! Keep 'em coming!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)