The US North needs to fix the land and take after the Netherlands. The US South needs to stop practically running on racial ressentiment.

I've heard some people say that every country has a southern agricultural area and a northern industrial one, however, Germany seems very notable to me as having a southern manufacturing center and a northern agricultural one, and I don't say "northern industrial center" because modern agriculture is industrial too, it's not a bunch of peasants out in the fields milking cows to make cheese for their families. The Netherlands is interestingly also adjacent to northern Germany.

When one part of a country shuns nature, the result is the other part turns against each other based on whatever their biological categories may be: race, gender, etc. though these categories themselves overlook the fact there are more differences within than between categories and it'll surely be essentially the mutants and biological outliers who reverse this trend.

Britain, another important counterexample to the idea that the South is more agricultural and the North is more of a manufacturing economy, decided to make the entire world into its South as the British Empire: the Global South.

How the British Empire Built the Food System that Is Destroying the Planet (tribunemag.co.uk)

Anyway, why should the American South be seen as inherently racist? Isn't the American South also where most Black people live, as well as where we get jazz, Cajun food, Tex-Mex and other Latino kinds of food, some great authors like Faulker, and most of our North American flora and fauna? There's a reason I don't call it "Dixie," aside from wanting to be unambiguously inclusive of basically all of the geographic South and make parallels to other parts of the South.

That is why I say that I think the North-South divide itself is responsible for a lot of the conflicts in the South. That doesn't mean the North is equally to blame at all, since Abraham Lincoln was the one who decided the South should have to abolish slavery and he's from the North. Just that anyone who's actively maintaining that kind of divide on political grounds is to blame, whether they're from the North or South, and obviously not everyone from the South is to blame, since that's, you know, where a lot of Black, Latino, and American Indian people live for one thing, and not all White Southerners are racist for another no matter what the wokies want to say.

Institutional racism doesn't mean every white person individually is unconscious of racism and benefits from it, it means things like redlining. Sure, lots of White people might not know how they're benefitting relative to Black people in many cases, but I've found that racism against Black people harms White people as well so it's just not fair to tell White people they're all A-OK and not oppressed at all. You can't go around telling White coal miners in Pennsylvania that they're doing just fine and oppressing Black people themselves due to their "immense privilege" because there are shootings in Black neighborhoods in Detroit. Both of these issues should be addressed because it's not a zero-sum game, or really a game at all, it's real life.

A 'Forgotten History' Of How The U.S. Government Segregated America : NPR