Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Picture Thread

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very demonstrative pics about the marriage between the State and the corporations, Finale. I like that.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Very demonstrative pics about the marriage between the State and the corporations, Finale. I like that.
    The biggest problem with all states in the past has been the collusion of the oligarchical(business/aristocracy/religion) organizations with the state. Fundamentally this collusion is detrimental to the individual.

A problem has always been that individuals have had very little ability to go against this system without forming their organizations which eventually become corrupt and oligarchical.

The other problem is the fact these oligarchical structures hold a lot of power, in the form of money, influences and connections.

Human beings have a few ways to fight this arrangement, one being speech and organization, the other being guns, arms and violence. How one choose to go about this task is up to them, some more risky than others and all prone to betrayal of the very ideals for which they fight.

Given the existing system in the US or other states there is a lot of parity between the parties but in many ways the divisions are clear where is room to make choices despite oligarchical influence(the oligarchy can make decent choices but mostly in their own self interests)..

Pro-choice vs Pro-life
    Immigration amnesty vs Anti-immigration
    Estate tax vs No or low Estate tax
    Equal Taxes on wealth(which poor don't have) vs No or very low taxes on wealth

The income tax is a absurdity of the oligarchy(they easily hide income via wealth and various tax shelters), but they have power and influence and this tax on the poor and the middle class is only barely addressed by the fact it is somewhat progressive.

But there are those that would advocate
    More progressive taxation vs less progressive taxation
    There are other issues

Environment protection vs Industrial profit

There are many individuals who get involved in politics because they're tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching and they have to make a choice, to me the choice has always been clear despite the amount of parity within the parties. And having been involved with some third parties, I think the situation in the states is that the kind of centre-left social democrats that exist in many other nations don't exist in the US, as the bulk of the left movement here in the states was purged during McCarthy-ism and many of the intellectuals of the left were forced into exile while others got absorbed into the Democratic party.

It's easy to make propaganda pictures and slogans, but what's a individual to do when they live in the condition they do and what action and choices do they make. How do they fight against the system without losing everything?

Propaganda pictures and cheap slogans are the tools of tyranny.

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    2+2 = 5

Let's add another lie for the present world.

There is no choice.

This is the new lie being perpetuated, choice is doing nothing, choice is not voting, choice is staying at home and hiding under the covers.

This is a propaganda some individuals dispense quite happily and they enact policies to prevent people from getting to the polls and vote. Politics isn't for everyone, but while there is still a choice, people should exercise it, because coming from a place where there is literally no choice outside of being a member of the CCP, what little choice that remains might be gone one day and people might regret the choices they didn't get to make.

This thread has been little more the back slapping moments of two-minute hate with cheap slogans. What is the substance of reform now, what is the substance of revolution in the future.

Given that you guys are engaging in the 2 minute hate, I wonder who's pulling your strings, who point the finger for you to distract you from the fraud they're committing. 1984 is a great book, but it's also a cautionary tale as even revolution is also a mere illusion concocted by some other group/party/state to subdue you.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    The biggest problem with all states in the past has been the collusion of the oligarchical(business/aristocracy/religion) organizations with the state. Fundamentally this collusion is detrimental to the individual.

A problem has always been that individuals have had very little ability to go against this system without forming their organizations which eventually become corrupt and oligarchical.

The other problem is the fact these oligarchical structures hold a lot of power, in the form of money, influences and connections.

Human beings have a few ways to fight this arrangement, one being speech and organization, the other being guns, arms and violence. How one choose to go about this task is up to them, some more risky than others and all prone to betrayal of the very ideals for which they fight.

Given the existing system in the US or other states there is a lot of parity between the parties but in many ways the divisions are clear where is room to make choices despite oligarchical influence(the oligarchy can make decent choices but mostly in their own self interests)..

Pro-choice vs Pro-life
    Immigration amnesty vs Anti-immigration
    Estate tax vs No or low Estate tax
    Equal Taxes on wealth(which poor don't have) vs No or very low taxes on wealth

The income tax is a absurdity of the oligarchy(they easily hide income via wealth and various tax shelters), but they have power and influence and this tax on the poor and the middle class is only barely addressed by the fact it is somewhat progressive.

But there are those that would advocate
    More progressive taxation vs less progressive taxation
    There are other issues

Environment protection vs Industrial profit

There are many individuals who get involved in politics because they're tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching and they have to make a choice, to me the choice has always been clear despite the amount of parity within the parties. And having been involved with some third parties, I think the situation in the states is that the kind of centre-left social democrats that exist in many other nations don't exist in the US, as the bulk of the left movement here in the states was purged during McCarthy-ism and many of the intellectuals of the left were forced into exile while others got absorbed into the Democratic party.

It's easy to make propaganda pictures and slogans, but what's a individual to do when they live in the condition they do and what action and choices do they make. How do they fight against the system without losing everything?

Propaganda pictures and cheap slogans are the tools of tyranny.

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    2+2 = 5

Let's add another lie for the present world.

There is no choice.

This is the new lie being perpetuated, choice is doing nothing, choice is not voting, choice is staying at home and hiding under the covers.

This is a propaganda some individuals dispense quite happily and they enact policies to prevent people from getting to the polls and vote. Politics isn't for everyone, but while there is still a choice, people should exercise it, because coming from a place where there is literally no choice outside of being a member of the CCP, what little choice that remains might be gone one day and people might regret the choices they didn't get to make.

This thread has been little more the back slapping moments of two-minute hate with cheap slogans. What is the substance of reform now, what is the substance of revolution in the future.

Given that you guys are engaging in the 2 minute hate, I wonder who's pulling your strings, who point the finger for you to distract you from the fraud they're committing. 1984 is a great book, but it's also a cautionary tale as even revolution is also a mere illusion concocted by some other group/party/state to subdue you.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ignorance is strength.

I'm not going to laugh at you, because I feel mostly sadness and weariness.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you can take it from Obama..

..as appropriate for this thread. And I realize the irony you are going to see in me posting this but this is a picture thread. I don't have tolerance for walls of text and petty bickering with someone whose logic has often escaped me.

I'd be more motivated to communicate with you if you made a thread for what you want to say.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

..as appropriate for this thread. And I realize the irony you are going to see in me posting this but this is a picture thread. I don't have tolerance for walls of text and petty bickering with someone whose logic has often escaped me.

I'd be more motivated to communicate with you if you made a thread for what you want to say.
    Why would I do that? I'm here to criticize political propaganda and cheap 2-minute hate back slapping. This is after all a 2 minute hate thread.

I'm not all that fond of political pictures and hate. Pardon me if I use reason and words, just think of them as very detailed pictures.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would I do that?
    Because this is a.. wait for it.. A POLITICAL PICTURE THREAD and you say that:
    I'm not all that fond of political pictures and hate.
    But don't be a bummer: You can quote anything posted on this thread and put it into "Cheap political propaganda picture analysis" thread.
    I'm here to criticize political propaganda and cheap 2-minute hate back slapping. This is after all a 2 minute hate thread.
    I know that you're still worried about how things are in some countries but fear not, liberty is here and we can talk and joke about these without the fear of torture and punishment. Unless, you are going to torture and punish us by spoiling this jolly thread with a constant flood of text trying to analyze something that can be only as explicit as a writing in a door across a public toilet.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Because this is a.. wait for it.. A POLITICAL PICTURE THREAD and you say that:

But don't be a bummer: You can quote anything posted on this thread and put it into "Cheap political propaganda picture analysis" thread.
    I know that you're still worried about how things are in some countries but fear not, liberty is here and we can talk and joke about these without the fear of torture and punishment. Unless, you are going to torture and punish us by spoiling this jolly thread with a constant flood of text trying to analyze something that can be only as explicit as a writing in a door across a public toilet.
    Why can't I be a bummer? I have no problem criticizing this thread, I don't feel like I'm spoiling it, I'm just injecting my take on it and imo making it better and more rounded discussion. If you consider me exercising my freedom of speech, torture and punishment, I think that's a bit exaggerated.

Yes, the pictures in this thread are basically urinal graffiti.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if it was "graffiti", which I don't think that these pictures are in definition, the fact that it's in the form of graffiti doesn't make the message true or non-true.

Graffiti (singular: graffito; the plural is used as a mass noun. Also known as Graff) is writing or drawings that have been scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.
    Form of visual communication, usually illegal, involving the unauthorized marking of public space by an individual or group.

These are identified as pictures with messages, not graffiti.

It seems you've gotten rather emotional over a few political pictures.....
    Last edited by jet city woman; 06-14-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you can't get the whole picture from a... picture. theyre obviously propaganda. who cares though. any idiot who will change their position over a comic or a meme is no more or less an idiot than they were before.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side note: religion is awesome now.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    Even if it was "graffiti", which I don't that these pictures are in definition, the fact that it's in the form of graffiti doesn't make the message true or non-true.

Graffiti (singular: graffito; the plural is used as a mass noun. Also known as Graff) is writing or drawings that have been scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.
    Form of visual communication, usually illegal, involving the unauthorized marking of public space by an individual or group.

These are identified as pictures with messages, not graffiti.

It seems you've gotten rather emotional over a few political pictures.....
    A lot of graffiti is actually legal, I guess they call them murals where I come from. A lot of the urinal scribbling I see aren't exactly prohibited either since there seems to be chalk placed there by the people who run the establishment.

So if your issue is a semantic thing, don't bother since that's all it is.

I'm simply pointing out that many of the propaganda pictures posted in this thread is basically the equivalent of the 2 minute hate in George Orwell's 1984, and that the lies being promoted are akin to "ignorance is strength", such as don't vote because it won't matter anyways and other various cheap slogans. I am weary of the hate so I will criticize. There's nothing wrong with getting angry about stuff, this is politics after all, but I am trying to criticize what I think are lies being promoted. Do you think it's right that some of these pictures are promoting a lie, I don't, so I'm going to say something about it.

I guess I'm not showing enough hate...

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of graffiti is actually legal, I guess they call them murals where I come from. A lot of the urinal scribbling I see aren't exactly prohibited either since there seems to be chalk placed there by the people who run the establishment.

So if your issue is a semantic thing, don't bother since that's all it is.

I'm simply pointing out that many of the propaganda pictures posted in this thread is basically the equivalent of the 2 minute hate in George Orwell's 1984, and that the lies being promoted are akin to "ignorance is strength", such as don't vote because it won't matter anyways and other various cheap slogans. I am weary of the hate so I will criticize. There's nothing wrong with getting angry about stuff, this is politics after all, but I am trying to criticize what I think are lies being promoted. Do you think it's right that some of these pictures are promoting a lie, I don't, so I'm going to say something about it.
    Well, they're not walls, they are pictures, and really, who's to know whether they are unauthorized originally. My point was that they aren't unauthorized for the purposes of this forum, and technically, they do not fit the definition for "graffiti".

This is subjectivity. What you think are lies or untruths, another will believe to be the truth. No, I'm not going to say that another is promoting a lie, necessarily here. The pictures are simple and subjectively interpreted; it's not like we are all going to come to agreement on what they mean in the first place. I can think some of them to be not what I believe is the truth, but an untruth is not necessarily a lie.

There is such a thing as freedom of speech and opinion. It seems that you want to preach "freedom of speech" and then bitch at people when they are exercising theirs, if it's not in a manner you enjoy or accept.

If you're not going to use at least somewhere-near correct definitions, then don't bother since it's just meaningless babble.

As far as political pictures being seen as hateful, that's also subjective. I don't feel hate when I look at any of these political pictures, nor does hate compel me to post them. I assume that since you're the only one calling this thread a hate thread, you're the only one feeling hate.

Join us in the year 2013.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 06-14-2013 at 02:16 PM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your own damned thread if you aren't going to post pictures.

Entertain me bitchez. Today is different. Today has religion and Scotland.

Bonus Japan edition

Last edited by InvisibleJim; 06-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... huge swathes of non-picture posts in a picture thread expressing dissent with material that mainly disagrees with his political leaning....

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    any idiot who will change their position over a comic or a meme is no more or less an idiot than they were before.
    (pics)
    Nice! I still LOL everytime I see that Rape Advisory Chart...

I'll raise you...

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, if you're going to make a "Bush = Dumb" thing, use something real not made up! :-)

(OK, breaking the rules a bit with a video.....)

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Actually I agree with a lot of the pictures, but I don't agree with the pictures that says there's no difference between the parties and the ones that promotes ignorance and hate.

The ones about bombing brown people is something that I am against, the US has no business doing that especially in Iraq.

The point in democracy is that people can hold different beliefs and they hash that out thru the process of electing officials who nominally represent them, so stop lying about me and what I have written. What is really happening is that these pictures are examples of cognitive dissonance which is channeled thru the mechanism of political propaganda.

The KEY feature of cognitive dissonance is the rejection of other points of view and the promotion of a narrow and often ignorant perspective on the basis of some emotion, often love of hate. So by posting these political pictures, you're already engaging and in fact reveling in the act of cogntivie dissonance.

The pictures you post in the begining are all sort of saying the same thing. And in effect it's like a mantra... and no different that the "Big Brother... Big Brother... Big Brother.." the frenzied crowds in the two minute hate says in 1984. What you engage in when you post similar or same pictures over and over again is no different than the ritual of chanting the name of some slogan or name. It's a act of indoctrination and you're doing it to yourself.

Essentially, every-time you post a picture of hate, you post a picture demonizing some individual, post a picture promoting ignorance, post a picture advocating a singular point of view with no room for discussion, you're reinforcing your own cognitive dissonance.

Have fun with the box you are putting your mind into.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Great answer! Now you're getting the hang of it.
    Last edited by Finale; 06-14-2013 at 04:23 PM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't I be a bummer? I have no problem criticizing this thread, I don't feel like I'm spoiling it, I'm just injecting my take on it and imo making it better and more rounded discussion.
    Can you find a single like or constructive in your posts here? Why do you think three or four people have criticized your approach? Do you think it's productive to start posting criticism to the agendas displayed here when there are at least ten of them? This is a picture thread, the viewers of this thread expect pictures. As you don't like political pictures displayed here and nobody seems to like your input about it here so how about channeling that energy to another thread focusing on particular agenda displayed here or just criticizing the nature of political pictures?

------------------------

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I agree with a lot of the pictures, but I don't agree with the pictures that says there's no difference between the parties and the ones that promotes ignorance and hate.

The ones about bombing brown people is something that I am against, the US has no business doing that especially in Iraq.

The point in democracy is that people can hold different beliefs and they hash that out thru the process of electing officials who nominally represent them, so stop lying about me and what I have written. What is really happening is that these pictures are examples of cognitive dissonance which is channeled thru the mechanism of political propaganda.

The KEY feature of cognitive dissonance is the rejection of other points of view and the promotion of a narrow and often ignorant perspective on the basis of some emotion, often love of hate. So by posting these political pictures, you're already engaging and in fact reveling in the act of cogntivie dissonance.

The pictures you post in the begining are all sort of saying the same thing. And in effect it's like a mantra... and no different that the "Big Brother... Big Brother... Big Brother.." the frenzied crowds in the two minute hate says in 1984. What you engage in when you post similar or same pictures over and over again is no different than the ritual of chanting the name of some slogan or name. It's a act of indoctrination and you're doing it to yourself.

Essentially, every-time you post a picture of hate, you post a picture demonizing some individual, post a picture promoting ignorance, post a picture advocating a singular point of view with no room for discussion, you're reinforcing your own cognitive dissonance.

Have fun with the box you are putting your mind into.
    Are you really this stupid, or are you just pissed off? Hopefully, the latter..... typical Southerner for you tho. Hey, I've got a clue for ya'..... you're about 50 years behind in political thought. VERY SERIOUS DERP.
    Plus, you don't appear to know yourself at all.... please seek counseling. Most Southerners need it desperately.

tbth...... Wake up and smell the coffee. Hello... is anybody in there?

If you get as irritated by people disagreeing with you as it appears.... just, wow. You couldn't live here for 10 minutes. I've learned to be more tolerant here. Finale is a native Californian, and is one of the most tolerant, well-educated people I know. He's also demonstrated here that he is more open-minded concerning the current political situation, whereas you still appear to want to believe the two-party system is fair, and that one side > the other in big measurable ways, which is simply no longer true. Do some research. You seem to be hiding behind horse-blinders.....and believing everything you want to hear.

Seriously, you need to learn to be more tolerant. There's no true hate in this thread..... only opinions and pictures. You appear to be the one demonstrating the most actual hateful feelings. No one has committed a hate crime here, nor does anyone here belong to a hate-based political group, that I know of. Out here, you have to learn to tolerate other ways of thought without going bonkers, even hate groups.
    You're out of your fucking mind by my standards.

Remember the day I told you, "Catch your Ne, before it consumes your whole being!" Well, it looks like that day has arrived.... lmao. Most of this spiel is unrealistic.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 06-15-2013 at 07:48 AM.

TIM
    SEI-Si 9w8 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So much propaganda in here, ehhh. Anyway, here are a few more for you aspiring politians.

Last edited by Absurd; 06-15-2013 at 08:28 PM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propaganda is only propaganda if it is proven to be. duh.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is propaganda to you and how do you differentiate between propaganda and regular political advertisement?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the unholy fuck? Propaganda is propaganda if that is what its creator intended it to be. Does that mean it's effective propaganda? Of course not.

How -- pray tell -- would you go about "proving" that something is propaganda (aside from demonstrating that it was the creator's intention)? The very best propaganda is that which does not immediately appear to be agitprop.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hkkmr in a nutshell.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Hkkmr in a nutshell.
    There is only one form of authoritarian I would be.

Might makes right.

I've never been a very idealistic person about the realities of power, you have it, you get to do what you can do. But how power is used and organized, that's simply a product of human ingenuity and organization.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pirate edition:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)