Thread: Psy

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psy

just saw him on SNL and wondered about his type...

Last edited by silke; 10-16-2020 at 05:08 PM. Reason: updated w/ video links
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't see anything
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't see anything in his face? as in, he's untypeable?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I mean I don't see a picture in the OP
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google is beyond some of us...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok that was dorky of me

He's xSTp type...maybe ISTp is right.
    -

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obvious Fe is obvious.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENFj?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ok that was dorky of me

He's xSTp type...maybe ISTp is right.
    No freaking way he's ISTp. LSI maybe?

p.s. I pressed "like" by accident, sorry Maritsa. Or let's just say I liked how off the mark the typing is...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No freaking way he's ISTp. LSI maybe?

p.s. I pressed "like" by accident, sorry Maritsa. Or let's just say I liked how off the mark the typing is...
    YES, ISTp and confirm on it. Don't look at the superficiality of the image, the smiles, the teasing etc, that's just for show.
    -

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't even...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was thinking SLE or ILE. It seems like he has an hidden agenda going on imo.
    Last edited by Raver; 06-06-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: typo
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I was thinking SLE or ILE. It seems like has an hidden agenda going on imo.

i am ok with those typings. I am also considering ESE or LSI...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am ok with those typings. I am also considering ESE or LSI...

So SLE and LSI is foreseeable but SLI is beyond you. I don't quite get it...

I don't think SLI is so far off, personally.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    So SLE and LSI is foreseeable but SLI is beyond you. I don't quite get it...

I don't think SLI is so far off, personally.
    You dont get how i would consider SLE & LSI but not SLI? SLE & LSI are both Fe-valuing. SLI is Fe-POLR. That's how.

I think this guy is Fe-something, and also seems to be SeNi quadra with his money/status-obsessed music video, Gangnam Style. UGH i hate it.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont get how i would consider SLE & LSI but not SLI? SLE & LSI are both Fe-valuing. SLI is Fe-POLR. That's how.

I think this guy is Fe-something, and also seems to be SeNi quadra with his money/status-obsessed music video, Gangnam Style. UGH i hate it.
    Actually, Gangnam Style is a social critique.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...sation/261462/
    http://mydearkorea.blogspot.com/2012...style-and.html
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to further my studies and find out what makes slight variances in letters so appallingly different.

From my current facile understanding, SLI would be a bridge of sorts between LSI and SLE, so I don't quite "get it". For now, I will have to presume SLI's are far removed from these dichotomies. Thank you for the brief lesson.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to further my studies and find out what makes slight variances in letters so appallingly different.
    I wouldn't call it "appallingly different"; you just have to know what the letters stand for and how they translate into IM element stacking.

The first letter indicates whether the base function is Logical, Ethical, Intuitive, or Sensory. (L__, E_, I__, S__)
    The second letter indicates whether the creative function is Logical, Ethical, Intuitive or Sensory. (_L_; _E_; _I_; _S_)
    The third letter indicates whether the base function is introverted or extroverted. (__E, __I) The creative function has to be the opposite -vertedness of the base function, so the third letter also clues you into its orientation indirectly.

So basically, three-letter type code tells you the first two functions (also known as "Ego functions") of the given type. Sensory Logical Introtim = Sensory base, Logical creative; introverted type of information metabolism, so it's Introverted Sensing base, which makes the creative function Extroverted Logic (so SiTe). Sensory Logical Extrotim = Sensory base, Logical creative; extroverted type of information metabolism, so it has an Extroverted Sensing base and therefore an Introverted Logic creative function (so SeTi). Following those rules, LSI is TiSe.

From my current facile understanding, SLI would be a bridge of sorts between LSI and SLE, so I don't quite understand. For now, I will have to presume it is in a category all on its own. Thank you for the brief lesson.
    Learning about quadras will help immensely. SLE (SeTi) and LSI (TiSe) value the same four IM elements (Se/Ni, Ti/Fe), so they're in the same quadra (Beta). SLI (SiTe) values Ne/Si and Te/Fi, and it's in Delta quadra; it's much closer to LSE (TeSi) than SLE or LSI.

If you're looking for good websites, http://socionics.us and http://socionics.ws/wiki are pretty good. The latter diverges from classical socionics in a couple of places (namely in how a couple of the functions of Model A are handled), but it's still pretty good.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 06-06-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Clarity, yay.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered for a bit if he was XLE like Raver said, but I think he's likely EXFj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I wouldn't call it "appallingly different"; you just have to know what the letters stand for and how they translate into IM element stacking.

The first letter indicates whether the base function is Logical, Ethical, Intuitive, or Sensory. (L__, E_, I__, S__)
    The second letter indicates whether the creative function is Logical, Ethical, Intuitive or Sensory. (_L_; _E_; _I_; _S_)
    The third letter indicates whether the base function is introverted or extroverted. (__E, __I) The creative function has to be the opposite -vertedness of the base function, so the third letter also clues you into its orientation indirectly.

So basically, three-letter type code tells you the first two functions (also known as "Ego functions") of the given type. Sensory Logical Introtim = Sensory base, Logical creative; introverted type of information metabolism, so it's Introverted Sensing base, which makes the creative function Extroverted Logic (so SiTe). Sensory Logical Extrotim = Sensory base, Logical creative; extroverted type of information metabolism, so it has an Extroverted Sensing base and therefore an Introverted Logic creative function (so SeTi). Following those rules, LSI is TiSe.

Learning about quadras will help immensely. SLE (SeTi) and LSI (TiSe) value the same four IM elements (Se/Ni, Ti/Fe), so they're in the same quadra (Beta). SLI (SiTe) values Ne/Si and Te/Fi, and it's in Delta quadra; it's much closer to LSE (TeSi) than SLE or LSI.

If you're looking for good websites, http://socionics.us and http://socionics.ws/wiki are pretty good. The latter diverges from classical socionics in a couple of places (namely in how a couple of the functions of Model A are handled), but it's still pretty good.

Very insightful. I love personalized lessons, thanks

I think the majority of my study so far has been the broad view of quadras, seemed like the easiest access point for this all. I see how being a differing quadra, although relatively similar in stature, can solicit widely variable perceptions.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From my current facile understanding, SLI would be a bridge of sorts between LSI and SLE, so I don't quite "get it". For now, I will have to presume SLI's are far removed from these dichotomies.
    Yes, SLI bridges both LSI and SLE together like a screw that joins your broken bone after a fatal accident.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad it was useful.

I think the majority of my study so far has been the broad view of quadras, seemed like the easiest access point for this all. I see how being a differing quadra, although relatively similar in stature, can solicit widely variable perceptions.
    OK. Yep, that's the point of socionics, in a nutshell.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I thought he is ILE or maybe EIE or something like this, he's more a comedian and social commentator then a pop star, he's basically anti-pop.

Korea is a extremely status oriented society, with a lot of social problems due to the cut throat competitive nature of day to day life. It's also got a very high suicide rate.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for snapping at you. I was so unbelievably sleep deprived when i wrote that...

Thanks Ryene for explaining it!

I will also add that SLE LSI SLI and LSE are socionically all in the same "club", so you might see these types gravitating towards one another in terms of leisure activities and hobbies. Also, LSI and SLI are quasi-identicals (as are LSE and SLE), so from a psychological distance they may seem like the same types.So, in that sense, I can see why you thought what you thought. They may have similar strengths, but values are totally different (referring to socionic strengths and values that is).

As far as weaknesses, here is how i think about it. It's easier for me to think in terms of Hidden agenda (6th function) and POLR (4th function) just because the reactions to the information involved in these functions is so strong, it often lends a lot of clues to me re: someone's type:

Hidden agenda - it's a highly valued function, to the individual in question. He/she want everyone to think they are good at it (and they may even think they are good at it; in any case they try really hard to be good at it), but everyone else sees they really aren't. The individual is very VERY self-conscious about any criticism to their HA. I've seen it said that criticism to the HA is taken as an insult. This can actually help you figure out your own type too. Just think what kind of criticism has insulted you the most. (though creative function is somewhat similar in that sense, the only difference being that you usually know you're good at your creative function, so you dont take that kind of criticism as seriously).

POLR - the existence of information feeding this function is a BANE of the individual's existence. It's annoying and irritating. Not only does the individual hate that sort of info coming his/her way, they also cant understand why other people might be expecting them to relay that sort of info back. Criticism in this area is IRRITATING, not so much insulting.

So, if we compare a person with Fe-HA (e.g. an SLE) with a person with Fe-POLR (e.g. an SLI), the Fe-HA person will be all about displaying lots of Fe information, lots of emotion, etc etc, but it wont be poised, "professional" Fe like, say an EIE or IEI would convey. it'll be ridiculous, over the top, maybe ieven nappropriate Fe, because they want to considered good with Fe, and might even be in denial about how ridiculous they look and what a fool of themselves they are making (the life's agenda is "to be loved". An Fe-POLR, in contrast, will really not understand Fe information at all, neither the interpretation of it in others, nor know how to express it themselves, nor have any desire to do so. So, Fe-POLRs tend to have minimal displays of emotions. I

guess the other point i should make is about Fe vs Fi. Fe is emotions aimed at "mood control". Fi is about establishing interpersonal bonds, with any associated emotional displays that result. The two go hand in hand, with different emphases depending on which one of the is more valued, but when someone has Fe-POLR, all you really end up seeing emotion-wise is coming from the Fi-HA. So, someone who is not great at establishing bonds, but really really wants to be good at it (i.e. the life's agenda is "to love"). http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...en-Agenda-PoLR <--anything by Expat is socionics gold

When it comes to an LSI, who has Fe-DS (dual-seeking), well this person will pretty much be paralyzed in terms of their ability to produce Fe-based information, but they highly value and admire that sort of ability, and crave it. When someone else showers them with Fe-info, or handles the Fe-issues for them, they feel loved and cared for. Dont interpret this to mean that LSIs are like expressionless rocks; on the contrary they can be extremely over the top bubbly, just like Fe-HAs can be. (Reese Witherspoone is considered by some to be LSI, for example). In contrast to an Fe-POLR who can't stand that kind of information.

That said, the members of the ST club, all are fairly strong in Se, Si, Te, and Ti. SLE and LSI value Se and Ti and devalue Si and Te, but still display strength in all 4 of these areas. Thus, for example, an IEE like me might see and admire an SLE or LSI before I get to know them better because I am seeing and appreciating their strength in Si and Te (my dual seeking function and HA, respectively), but the SLE and LSI dont really care about the Si and Te aspects of their strengths, they are focused on producing and utilizing Se and Ti information, information which stresses me out and irritates/annoys me. But anyway, that's why from a "distance" the beta STs might seem like delta STs and vice versa.
    Last edited by Suz; 06-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    well, you're right, it is... but I would say the video has a very beta approach to the critique.

in the first article, the author mentions "... it's so cheery on the surface. "He was satirizing more than just this one neighborhood," '

In other words, it builds an atmosphere of cheeriness on the surface, and underneath there is the edgy satirical message. I guess you could say, the message is "sugar coated" for those that care about the Fe.

I just find the whole thing awfully vapid. I hate the tune, the "dance", the scenes, even though I approve the lession it's ultimately teaching. It's just not my style; it's really boring to me.

Beyond the Asian okay, beyond the Asian

he actually bears a resemblance to infpatty

patty's type is likely something delta nf.
    sooooo...........yeah
    atleast i think he is Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He doesn't have a strong presence when you watch his interview; it lacks Se in that he's not "about ME" more than he is about what he does. That's why I don't type him SLE.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um... not really....

But i'm ok with infpatty's socionic type being IEE...

No resemblance with psy whatsoever though, imo.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Commonly, I hear and SLE say "I get this idea from her there whatever." Static
    and an SLI will say "We were working on this idea for this long..." Dynamic
    -

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    he actually bears a resemblance to infpatty.
    it's the chinky eyes isn't it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for snapping at you. I was so unbelievably sleep deprived when i wrote that...
    If that was snapping, I'm a sociopath.

Thanks Ryene for explaining it!

I will also add that SLE LSI SLI and LSE are socionically all in the same "club", so you might see these types gravitating towards one another in terms of leisure activities and hobbies. Also, LSI and SLI are quasi-identicals (as are LSE and SLE), so from a psychological distance they may seem like the same types.So, in that sense, I can see why you thought what you thought. They may have similar strengths, but values are totally different (referring to socionic strengths and values that is).

As far as weaknesses, here is how i think about it. It's easier for me to think in terms of Hidden agenda (6th function) and POLR (4th function) just because the reactions to the information involved in these functions is so strong, it often lends a lot of clues to me re: someone's type:

Hidden agenda - it's a highly valued function, to the individual in question. He/she want everyone to think they are good at it (and they may even think they are good at it; in any case they try really hard to be good at it), but everyone else sees they really aren't. The individual is very VERY self-conscious about any criticism to their HA. I've seen it said that criticism to the HA is taken as an insult. This can actually help you figure out your own type too. Just think what kind of criticism has insulted you the most. (though creative function is somewhat similar in that sense, the only difference being that you usually know you're good at your creative function, so you dont take that kind of criticism as seriously).

POLR - the existence of information feeding this function is a BANE of the individual's existence. It's annoying and irritating. Not only does the individual hate that sort of info coming his/her way, they also cant understand why other people might be expecting them to relay that sort of info back. Criticism in this area is IRRITATING, not so much insulting.

So, if we compare a person with Fe-HA (e.g. an SLE) with a person with Fe-POLR (e.g. an SLI), the Fe-HA person will be all about displaying lots of Fe information, lots of emotion, etc etc, but it wont be poised, "professional" Fe like, say an EIE or IEI would convey. it'll be ridiculous, over the top, maybe ieven nappropriate Fe, because they want to considered good with Fe, and might even be in denial about how ridiculous they look and what a fool of themselves they are making (the life's agenda is "to be loved". An Fe-POLR, in contrast, will really not understand Fe information at all, neither the interpretation of it in others, nor know how to express it themselves, nor have any desire to do so. So, Fe-POLRs tend to have minimal displays of emotions. I

guess the other point i should make is about Fe vs Fi. Fe is emotions aimed at "mood control". Fi is about establishing interpersonal bonds, with any associated emotional displays that result. The two go hand in hand, with different emphases depending on which one of the is more valued, but when someone has Fe-POLR, all you really end up seeing emotion-wise is coming from the Fi-HA. So, someone who is not great at establishing bonds, but really really wants to be good at it (i.e. the life's agenda is "to love"). http://www.socionics.com/articles/hiddena.htm
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...en-Agenda-PoLR <--anything by Expat is socionics gold

When it comes to an LSI, who has Fe-DS (dual-seeking), well this person will pretty much be paralyzed in terms of their ability to produce Fe-based information, but they highly value and admire that sort of ability, and crave it. When someone else showers them with Fe-info, or handles the Fe-issues for them, they feel loved and cared for. Dont interpret this to mean that LSIs are like expressionless rocks; on the contrary they can be extremely over the top bubbly, just like Fe-HAs can be. (Reese Witherspoone is considered by some to be LSI, for example). In contrast to an Fe-POLR who can't stand that kind of information.

That said, the members of the ST club, all are fairly strong in Se, Si, Te, and Ti. SLE and LSI value Se and Ti and devalue Si and Te, but still display strength in all 4 of these areas. Thus, for example, an IEE like me might see and admire an SLE or LSI before I get to know them better because I am seeing and appreciating their strength in Si and Te (my dual seeking function and HA, respectively), but the SLE and LSI dont really care about the Si and Te aspects of their strengths, they are focused on producing and utilizing Se and Ti information, information which stresses me out and irritates/annoys me. But anyway, that's why from a "distance" the beta STs might seem like delta STs and vice versa.

What an incredibly amount of information you've got tucked away. It's taken me a couple reads to really grasp it all.

I've got a long way to go

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you have an Ne-dom trying to explain something, you risk getting back a web of info.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESE-Si with an SLE subtype