para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news @the16types

http://pararational.com/report-a-bla...ids-encounter/

Let's truckify a black-eyed kids encounter:

There are several pieces to this account that ring very true to the BEK pattern

Plain clothes, hoodies in this case
    Insistence on be invited or allowed in
    Frustration at being denied
    Mental domination
    Isolation of the victim
    Serious gaslighting and sociopathy for sure.

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    Si kid
    I'm not sure I follow you.
    Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God. It even has a watermark.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

I like your taste palate, it's interesting. I like mint chocolate chip gelato and hot beef barley soup. I eat it simultaneously.

Enjoy the forum.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    Welcome!

I was curious about this bit because I'm actually president of a similar society in my own school. I was wondering what your and your group's views are on gender equality so perhaps I could compare them.
    Well our G.E. is currently going under a bit of a revamp and part of what we're going to be doing soon is deciding what direction we're going to be taking it. The committee for this last year have been criticised for being very white, middle class focused, which is probably because I go to a very white, middle class university and so most of the committee and their members are white and middle class. One of our new committee members is pretty adamant on us changing this and being more inclusive of different races, abilities, classes and teaming up with LGBTQ on campus so that we aren't just looking at women but also transgender etc. It's still in a brainstorming stage at the moment so I can't say how successful we're going to be at this. If there's anything specific you wanted to compare then just ask and I can tell you how we do things in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Welcome!

I like your taste palate, it's interesting. I like mint chocolate chip gelato and hot beef barley soup. I eat it simultaneously.

Enjoy the forum.
    Mint Choc used to be my favourite but I've recently taken a preference to vanilla, which is very boring of me. I think I always avoided vanilla in the past because it's one of the obvious choices but it really does taste great. I eat it a lot to catch up on the years I've missed by going for the odder flavours or chocolate. I tend to simultaneously eat it with dancing or watching movies, though, rather than combining it with another meal.
    Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God. It even has a watermark.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whittgenstein View Post
    Mint Choc used to be my favourite but I've recently taken a preference to vanilla, which is very boring of me. I think I always avoided vanilla in the past because it's one of the obvious choices but it really does taste great. I eat it a lot to catch up on the years I've missed by going for the odder flavours or chocolate. I tend to simultaneously eat it with dancing or watching movies, though, rather than combining it with another meal.
    I see. Mint chip has never been my favorite. I only combine bland flavors with other food. I only eat chocolate chip cookie dough gelato once a year at a soiree, so it doesn’t lose its sweetness. I also find it tastes better in the desert.
    Ni can be so fickle.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    There's plenty to hear from it, some moron cuts off a cats head and jerks over it and you extrapolate a whole load of nonenesense about 'the modern' man. Even funnier you go on to believe all the stuff you just come up with in you own head.
    Good that you found it funny. Now that you had your fun I might add that his essay on it confirmed my beliefs and had other good points in it.

Here's part of my translation on that essay:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teemu Mäki
    The basic ethos of the piece, which is borrowed from Marquis de Sade, is that as violence is instrumentalisized for calculated gain pursuit, it loses it's fruitful potential, it's vitalizing ability, masks itself into something else and grows with the help of it's invisibility to colossal scale. The result is a world, where the most destructive violence is hidden and those who are guilty of it consider themselves non-violent, ordinary and law-abiding people. Few people die in street fights or are the victims of a pedofile compared to the number of people who die because we want cheap sneakers, bananas and oil without wanting to know who is enslaved and murder in order to pay for those.
    Here's the rest of what I've been translating.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love having lots of stuff in my room (I hate show home rooms and minimalist decor with no personality) and when I came down in September I took the bare minimum with me for ease of packing.
    I imagine you'd be the sort of person who just randomly acquires little small random things that look kinda exotic yet down-to-earth and then you just decorate your room with them. Am I terribly wrong?
    Oh, and I've recently been elected President of the Gender Equality society and Social Secretary / Publicity Officer for the Humanist society so I'm also involved in preparing those for next year.
    Cool, I might get elected to the Pirate Party Youth's administration. Let me guess, there aren't a lot of men in that position?
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 05-31-2013 at 04:43 AM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello, dual

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Good that you found it funny. Now that you had your fun I might add that his essay on it confirmed my beliefs and had other good points in it.

Here's part of my translation on that essay:

Here's the rest of what I've been translating.
    Are you trying to provide me with more entertainment because you are a joke.

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine you'd be the sort of person who just randomly acquires little small random things that look kinda exotic yet down-to-earth and then you just decorate your room with them. Am I terribly wrong?

Cool, I might get elected to the Pirate Party Youth's administration. Let me guess, there aren't a lot of men in that position?
    Actually, my main collection is of skull shaped items. I have a big, glittery one covered in sequins, one that's a money box and four small ones that are actually christmas tree decorations but are also glittery and multicoloured. My 'stuff' I was referring to is actually predominantly useful things but I just don't like to put them away in boxes and so turn them into decoration. For example, my bathroom sink has all my toiletries out and around it because I like all the different bottle shapes and colours.

I don't think there's been a male president since I've been here. There are quite a few men on the committee, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    i just want you to know i love you ten times more than aqua and i will eat your clitoris like no man ever could
    I love you both equally and shall assume that both of your clit eating skills are admirable.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Are you trying to provide me with more entertainment because you are a joke.
    And people do love this joke that is me.
    Actually, my main collection is of skull shaped items. I have a big, glittery one covered in sequins, one that's a money box and four small ones that are actually christmas tree decorations but are also glittery and multicoloured. My 'stuff' I was referring to is actually predominantly useful things but I just don't like to put them away in boxes and so turn them into decoration. For example, my bathroom sink has all my toiletries out and around it because I like all the different bottle shapes and colours.
    Handy and aesthetic. Nice.
    I don't think there's been a male president since I've been here. There are quite a few men on the committee, though.
    That's good. It helps you get not labeled as easily. It's as good as having non-hippies in cannabis legalization protests.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey you cool creature! Welcome aboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good. It helps you get not labeled as easily. It's as good as having non-hippies in cannabis legalization protests.
    If you smoke cannabis and aren't a hippy you probably need to get a better dealer.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, it's cool, I know many liberals and libertarians with an eye for business.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel sometimes that I'm not as prepared for the subject as some of my classmates. A lot of them know the Bible quite well from being brought up as Christians whereas I lack that foundation. On the other hand, I feel I have the advantage when it comes to being objective. A lot of them get very emotional over certain parts and may reject an argument based on it conflicting their beliefs rather than because it's a bad argument. It has not necessarily prepared me for a culture shock but has certainly taught me to keep my tongue and be careful about how I word criticisms of someone's beliefs.

It is almost completely Christian based. I'm doing one module next year that compares Christianity to the other Abrahamic faiths (Judaism + Muslim) but that's it. Other Universities do Religious Studies instead which looks at all faiths rather than just the one.
    Would you be interested in broader/more in-depth comparisons between theologies? If so, on what topics?
    Do you find your understanding of human nature or of quirks of understanding in nearby people changed?
    Sorry not much to add myself. I've only got small convenient comparisons such as "In X culture Y means this not that because they value fhjdks." The majority of my experience with Christianity happened when I was a child walking on on Sunday school and it all always looked horribly contrived and, dare I accuse it, indoctrinating rather than explanatory.

Duh, you put the ketchup on top of the cheese! Unfortunately, I think this might be the unhealthiest meal in the cosmos.
    Three four words. Deep-fried Mars bars.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Would you be interested in broader/more in-depth comparisons between theologies? If so, on what topics?
    Do you find your understanding of human nature or of quirks of understanding in nearby people changed?
    Sorry not much to add myself. I've only got small convenient comparisons such as "In X culture Y means this not that because they value fhjdks." The majority of my experience with Christianity happened when I was a child walking on on Sunday school and it all always looked horribly contrived and, dare I accuse it, indoctrinating rather than explanatory.
    I think I'd like to look into other faiths, if only for the reason you mention later about understanding why one might behave in a certain way. Personally I quite like doing Theology over Religious Studies because we get the opportunity to get really in depth with many different areas of the Theology. We also get to explore the areas of that faith that we want to and ignore all the boring bits. I imagine that until you get into the later modules of an RS degree you might be spread too far over too many topics. I imagine an RS major would come out with a broader range of knowledge but not get as deep. Jack of all trades, master of none sort of thing. Personally, the other faith I'd really like to get a look at is the Muslim religion. I'll probably come across other ideas and theologies in my travels but Christianity is enough for now.

As for Christianity being indoctrinating, I can certainly see that amongst some of my classmates though I'm sure they'd disagree. Personally, that's one of the main reason I'm not too upset about not having the same upbringing as them even if it means I have catching up to do.

Three four words. Deep-fried Mars bars.
    Obviously that's dessert! I have never tried one of these but suddenly have the strange yet overbearing urge to try one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12