Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitch Black
    Judge Dredd
    Shrek
    In Bruges
    Indiana Jones (All but crystal skull, abomination!)
    Sunshine
    The Fountain
    Perfume
    The Hunted
    Boondock Saints
    The Iron Giant
    Titan A.E
    The Man from Nowhere

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything John Hughes ever made

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

watching movies alone for yourself is the most boring thing you can do tbh, I'm not sure I could watch a movie just for my own enjoyment, especially repeatedly

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fvaelynn View Post
    watching movies alone for yourself is the most boring thing you can do tbh, I'm not sure I could watch a movie just for my own enjoyment, especially repeatedly
    You be crazy, (read my exact opposite in this regard).

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    You be crazy, (read my exact opposite in this regard).
    Not saying that these (Constructivist/Emotivist) dichotomies make sense but they are there, it may explain why I can't enjoy things for the sake of them without some emotional background with other people: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r2t5

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fvaelynn View Post
    Not saying that these (Constructivist/Emotivist) dichotomies make sense but they are there, it may explain why I can't enjoy things for the sake of them without some emotional background with other people: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r2t5
    It makes sense to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fight Club
    Silence
    All the Kara no Kyoukai Movies (especially Paradox Spiral)
    Blade Runner
    Star Trek Generations
    Return of the Jedi (my favorite out of the whole OG trilogy, too bad Lucas went insane later in life and became a pale shadow of his former self)

More will come, but they have not been made yet. I feel a new golden age approaching however. Once Hollywood is cleansed of the pedos we'll be met once again with a glorious age of productivity, originality, beauty, etc. It will be great again, we just have to live long enough to see it happen...

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K-Pax
    Nightmare before Christmas
    Predator
    Kaze no Tani Nausicaa
    Laputa
    Bad Santa
    Gladiator
    Asterix and the 12 tasks
    Groundhog day
    Total Recall (original)
    Godfather pt1
    Equilibrium
    Forrest Gump
    Gattacca
    Johny Mnemonic
    Matrix 1
    Hook
    Aladdin
    Ghost
    Die Hard 1
    Die Hard 3
    Back to the future 1
    Back to the future 2
    For a fistful of Dollars
    Speed
    Stargate
    Maverick
    Jurassic Park 1
    Indiana Jones 1
    Indiana Jones 3
    Angel Heart
    Dune
    Bram Stoker's Dracula
    Interview with the vampire
    28 days later
    Alien 2
    Terminator 2
    Return of the Jedi
    Sunshine
    Repo Men
    The shadow

I have many more favourite movies, but these are commonly the ones that I don't mind watching again at any particular time. Maybe I'm a Constructivist :/
    Last edited by lavos; 10-15-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    .....Others I can think of
    Yeah. Most of them too. I like that you mentioned The 13th Warrior that's one of my go to feel good movies.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have watched dozens of movies dozens of times, but that doesn't mean that it is a favorite movie. I've mentioned this before, I'm amazed at how many movies I have watched so many times, but I can't say that these are particularly good movies. I rewatch them in part because sometimes there is nothing else to watch(like there is nothing else on TV or since they are in my movie collection). I'm a bit frugal, so I would rather rewatch something readily available than buy or rent, although I used to rent an insane number of movies when I was younger. I've been trying recently to watch new movies, but this can be difficult to keep up with financially.

Sometimes I think it is to try and get into the frame of mind to relive the experience of the movie, but that is not quite right either. I tend to like certain characters or parts of a movie that elicit an emotional response or pull me into the plot. I want to watch movies with characters that have depth, are raw, very real and relatable; movies that show grit and the struggles of life. Most movies fail to live up to this standard, but I watch them anyways. I like a lot of horror movies too, which lack much of these characteristics, but make you deal with some of human nature's most evil aspects in very raw ways, or the horrors of human psychology, regardless of whether it is supernatural(not true) or natural horror.

Overall, it is a combination of reasons, but after watching one particular franchise with my kids over and over again: I never want to watch another fucking Harry Potter movie as long as I live.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulp Fiction
    Jurassic Park
    Boondock Saints
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    John Wick

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    haha, I wish mine were into Harry Potter. I've seen Frozen 100 times at least I think. Every time I hear that 'Let It Go' song, I'm just like, make it stop!
    "Make it stop.....make it stop. I can't listen to this anymore."

lol,same

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't have the patience to look through the thread to see if mentioned this one, but lungs jail thread made me remember that it's one of my "never get tired of watching" movies. makes me feel warm fuzzies of nostalgia for being institutionalized .

Last edited by bgbg; 12-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fight club ♣

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster

I remember watching this as a kid. My two friends really liked it too. One was IEE, I don't know the other ones type. Anyway it carried on as a joke among ourselves, people were 'gringos' or 'amigos', and of course the three of us, were, the three amigos.

The theme tune from it ^ The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

It had been out for ages when we first seen it, and I watched it again recently. It came out in 1966, personally I don't think it's dated at all!

Anyway, I thought i'd mention you, I thought maybe you'd like it. It lasts for a while though! I was getting tired staying up late watching it despite having work the next day lol.

@Daisy, perhaps you'd enjoy the film too.

Edit: To be fair, sometimes we were 'gringos' too...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    @aster

I remember watching this as a kid. My two friends really liked it too. One was IEE, I don't know the other ones type. Anyway it carried on as a joke among ourselves, people were 'gringos' or 'amigos', and of course the three of us, were, the three amigos.

The theme tune from it ^ The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

It had been out for ages when we first seen it, and I watched it again recently. It came out in 1966, personally I don't think it's dated at all!

Anyway, I thought i'd mention you, I thought maybe you'd like it. It lasts for a while though! I was getting tired staying up late watching it despite having work the next day lol.

@Daisy, perhaps you'd enjoy the film too.

Edit: To be fair, sometimes we were 'gringos' too...
    the 60s had great westerns and WW2 movies, pretty much a golden era of movies imo that i always love to see again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    lol. I don't know if I've ever seen that one all the way through. But I think we own that one. My hubs and father-in-law are really into Clint Eastwood Westerns. Like really into them. I've seen bits and pieces of most of them, I think. The only one that I can remember and know I've seen all the way through is Unforgiven. They aren't really my thing, though. Not that I think they are bad. Just not my kind of thing? I only watch them if other people are. Kind of how I tolerate watching Predator, but I'd much rather watch something else
    Yeah I was thinking afterwards it was maybe more of a guy thing lol, sorry

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And my favorite character:

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Requiem For A Dream
    Inglorious Basterds
    Reservoir Dogs
    Fight Club
    Titanic
    Silence of the Lambs
    A Clockwork Orange
    Over the Edge
    The Breakfast Club
    No Country for Old Men
    The Shining
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    Chronicle
    Last edited by ruined; 02-08-2019 at 04:35 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She one shot one kill

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Horns everywhere? Hmmm.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My shoulder stings... He has so many ants though. All up against Sherlock. I like smoking....
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Remiel, @ chrys , FYI, I am emotivist, I like to watch movies by myself, so it doesn't make sense to me, fictional characters also have fictional emotions you know
    Last edited by myresearch; 12-26-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone Girl

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^Man, I read Gone Girl and it was soooo fucking painful to get through. I kept hoping it would get better and it kept staying bad. It was all about people I didn't like, behaving in ways I didn't like, with plot twists I didn't believe.

Never again. That author is off my list.

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ^Man, I read Gone Girl and it was soooo fucking painful to get through. I kept hoping it would get better and it kept staying bad. It was all about people I didn't like, behaving in ways I didn't like, with plot twists I didn't believe.

Never again. That author is off my list.
    She is LIE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    She is LIE
    I have a hard time "seeing" (VI'ing) female LIE's. I don't know why.

I looked at her pictures and thought she might be EIE, but LIE makes sense. The plot of Gone Girl is basically two intelligent people trying to outwit each other, which is pure Gamma. Normally, I enjoy stories like this, but in this case, the protagonists were unpleasant. Also, some of her character's interactions with others were either stilted or unbelievable, which is not a problem that an Fe-dom author would have. The plot was very logical and tied everything together, but it had far too many coincidences and seemed more like an intentional logic puzzle meant to dazzle, rather than a story which supported the characters. The plot was actually more of a character than the main characters.

In any case, I don't think that every LIE I encounter is necessarily someone I'd like to spend time with, and the author of Gone Girl is a person whom I'd avoid.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Batman movies are good movies and I like the Hunchback Of Notre Dame. Mars Attacks, too.

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I have a hard time "seeing" (VI'ing) female LIE's. I don't know why.

I looked at her pictures and thought she might be EIE, but LIE makes sense. The plot of Gone Girl is basically two intelligent people trying to outwit each other, which is pure Gamma. Normally, I enjoy stories like this, but in this case, the protagonists were unpleasant. Also, some of her character's interactions with others were either stilted or unbelievable, which is not a problem that an Fe-dom author would have. The plot was very logical and tied everything together, but it had far too many coincidences and seemed more like an intentional logic puzzle meant to dazzle, rather than a story which supported the characters. The plot was actually more of a character than the main characters.

In any case, I don't think that every LIE I encounter is necessarily someone I'd like to spend time with, and the author of Gone Girl is a person whom I'd avoid.
    Lol that's funny. Usually I have seen people mention how they fail to read LIE women. And they are pretty hard to read indeed.

Well, the protagonists are supposed to be unpleasant. You're not supposed to feel a damn thing for each other. Even though, I did find myself relating to Nick in a big way.

That's quite a common criticism. Can you mention an example of an interaction feeling stilted? There's plenty of those in where it's simply Amy's faking it in her diary.

I'm with you there. She's pretty hot though

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Lol that's funny. Usually I have seen people mention how they fail to read LIE women. And they are pretty hard to read indeed.

Well, the protagonists are supposed to be unpleasant. You're not supposed to feel a damn thing for each other. Even though, I did find myself relating to Nick in a big way.

That's quite a common criticism. Can you mention an example of an interaction feeling stilted? There's plenty of those in where it's simply Amy's faking it in her diary.

I'm with you there. She's pretty hot though
    I don't remember any specific points in the plot, other than just reading a passage and thinking to myself "That would never happen in real life", and doing that many times throughout the book.

To tell you the truth, reading the book was one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had recently, and revisiting it just promises to extend that unpleasantness. The writing itself was good enough to cause me to want to read more in the hopes that the plot would eventually mean something or I might eventually care about the protagonists, but that never happened. The book was one long, very long, waste of my time. One thing I'm trying to do for myself now is to minimize the pure shit I encounter every day, and that book summed to a pretty big pile of it, so I won't be saying anything more about it.
    Sorry if my criticisms of the book seem harsh, but it robbed me of many hours that I won't get back.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-27-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movies I love:

- Man on the Moon - Jim Carrey; a biography of comedian Andy Kaufman
    - The Game - Michael Douglas; an over-the-top suspense thriller with a twist - clever as hell...
    - The Bank Job - Jason Statham; a bank job gone wrong - with a twist - clever as hell again...
    - Falling Down - Michael Douglas; an action movie about a life gone wrong
    - Step Brothers - Will Ferrell; over the top and just hilarious
    - Office Space - just hilarious; clever as hell...
    - The Big Lebowski - just hilarious; clever as hell...
    - Stranger than Fiction - Will Ferrelll; clever as hell...
    - Bipolar Rock 'n' Roller - a movie about an announcer with bipolar disorder... touching...
    - Ocean's Eleven - the ultimate heist movie...
    - Revenge of the Nerds - the ultimate geek movie...
    - Austin Powers - funny as hell...
    - Memento - clever plot again...
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-26-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post

See, it's like poetry. They rhyme!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Perpetual Now View Post
    See, it's like poetry. They rhyme!
    Game time started. We are already at full cock now. Spread all over the place the Empire of the First Choice!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Game time started. We are already at full cock now. Spread all over the place the Empire of the First Choice!
    the wish power are together with you at

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch much movies. But Casablanca is a great movie I've watched many times. Generally classics can take multiple watchings. Like spaghetti westerns, Hitchcock etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

hmm

life of pi maybe
    a clockwork orange
    black swan
    superbad