View Poll Results: Which version of the two types is more accurate?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The first - INTp more open, INTj more structured

7 100.00%
  • The second - INTj more open, INTp more structured

0 0%

Thread: Two versions of two short descriptions of INTp and INTj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Two versions of two short descriptions of INTp and INTj

A number of people have had threads about short descriptions...."each of the 16 types in one word"...."how to describe each type with only a single word of fewer than four letters"....etc. Obviously, there will always be weaknesses in such simplified descriptions.

Nevertheless, here's my stab at it....with the age-old debate of INTp vs. INTj. Actually, just to be safe, I've created these in two different versions.... I'd be curious which one you see is more accurate:

INTp: Open-minded creative types who like to talk freely about ideas but can sometimes ignore practical reality for too long

INTj: Structured types who like control and mastery, and who see things in terms of there being right and wrong answers, and like to set people straight about those

Here's my other version:

INTp: Structured types who like control and mastery, and who see things in terms of there being right and wrong answers, and like to set people straight about those

INTj: Open-minded creative types who like to talk freely about ideas but can sometimes ignore practical reality for too long

Which of these versions do you think is most accurate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither of those sound very accurate.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither of them is very good, but the first one is more accurate since it describes better the differences between the IJ and IP temperaments.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I posted those when I was having trouble getting back to sleep. I could work on better wording. Probably the biggest weakness is that they're too non-specific....i.e., they don't exclude other type possibilities well enough, which is a common problem with overly-short descriptions.

The point about "creative" being too loaded a term is well-taken.

Anyhow, the first set was intended to be better aligned with understandings of IP vs. IJ, so I guess that succeeded, as Expat pointed out. But when I flip the definitions (i.e., the second set), doesn't it seem that those descriptions are better aligned with typical descriptions of the quadras (i.e., alpha vs. gamma)?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that it could be very useful to make some descriptions like these that everybody can agree on. but these one sentence descriptions are not extensive enough to be an accurate representation of either type.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah blah blah blabh balhab lahlahablahbalalblahlalah

edit: this means, please next person who posts about this topic. please explain thoroughly deviations from current tools on a theory you wish to expound.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please explain thoroughly deviations from current tools
    Deviations or derivations?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither of them is very good, but the first one is more accurate since it describes better the differences between the IJ and IP temperaments.
    Yes, Expat is right about this. The clearest difference between INTjs and INTps is their attitude towards practical reality. In that area INTjs are more structured just like MBTI says. INTps think that they are structured in their heads (I don't know if they really are since I am an INTp).

The expression "see things in terms of there being right and wrong answers, and like to set people straight about those" can be used to describe most INTps. Maybe it can be used to describe INTjs too.