Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: attention hungry

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You can cease blaming it on ever-identification. That sounds as if you're not the Sociotype you are but have chosen it to represent you in dealing with broader public. For example, you were born in the U.S., live and reside there, which means you're American but you do not identify with culture, customs, language and so on, and chose Africa to represent you after finding(?) culture, etc., to your liking. Looks as if you're African now - that's quite the emotional laden change.
    i'm not sure you have the capacity to understand that this is exactly what it is and what everybody does. except you're not even american or african or anything because america and africa are concepts. types are even greater concepts because there are no agreed upon boundaries and little in the way of natural geography. how does it feel to know you were born LSE? even if you do X a million times you can never actually do X because you weren't born to do X. right. that's why a lot of people on the forum are so frustratingly stupid in spite of being so smart.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    To be honest lungs I see the Ne. my vote is for ILE.

Fi PoLr.
    i'll go LII to be identicals with hitta.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mean SLI. k, I can see that.

You have so many functions.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm a disco ball

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i'm not sure you have the capacity to understand that this is exactly what it is and what everybody does. except you're not even american or african or anything because america and africa are concepts. types are even greater concepts because there are no agreed upon boundaries and little in the way of natural geography. how does it feel to know you were born LSE? even if you do X a million times you can never actually do X because you weren't born to do X. right. that's why a lot of people on the forum are so frustratingly stupid in spite of being so smart.
    Well yes, the nature of language is abstract. It's full of symbols and words. Concepts don't have any distinguishable effect on oral language though, they do only in written form. But to answer you question, I don't feel anything due to knowing I was born LSE taking into account when I was born my primary concern was playing, eating, sleeping, learning how to walk, etc. There was no room for those great concepts by which people are moved, you refer to. And it's like saying your are never going be able to walk because you weren't born to walk - that's, again, not very sound. It's like somebody determined already (before you were born) that, you lungs, won't finish that sandwich, but you did.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the capital of lithuania is vilnius. ergo, aushra was a dyke.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the capital of lithuania is vilnius. ergo, aushra was a dyke.
    Nice try, but I already know what you're going to write after what I am going to write so I'm not going to give you that pleasure(?)

Sneaky lungs is sneaky

Unless it is not what I think it is having collided with it before, I can oblige you.

EDIT: I still struggle with that psychology identification term though, can be imitation as well. I think the latter is more appropriate here, hmm. Anyway, you think I should lead people astray who do that just to toy with them? I can do that.
    Last edited by Absurd; 04-19-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wherever you go there you are. you can cut open your chest to find your heart but then you'll die and it will have been useless. better to just trust its there by feeling the beat. so i try not to worry too much about if i'm imitating or faking or whatever. i don't set out to do it but sometimes i'm inspired by other people.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Shayley i don't remember ever interacting with you. you seem like a really nice person and i'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable.
    Thank you Lungs. We have barely interacted on the forum, it's just that it seems each time you have approached me I have ended up cringing a little as I'm not used to others wanting to dig for more information from me. I think I need to trust the other person first before this occurs and the problem is that we don't yet know one another well enough. 'In real life' I wouldn't mind so much as you would easily understand what I am trying to say. Here on the web though I like to keep it short & simple as I get tired from having to explain my thoughts and usually messing it up by forgetting important bits and then having to deal with people responding in attack form.

There is much I like about your presence on the forum as you bring some life to this place, you seem kind hearted and warm.

Mostly From the video you posted a while back I just cannot see the two of us being the same type but this does not mean that you cannot be an EII it may just mean that I am not. I do think that on some level I would have worked out some similarities between us if we were the same type from your video but did not pick up anything so despite all of the points which Siuntal made in earlier post which I had already taken most if not all into account I failed to find any likeness.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wherever you go there you are. you can cut open your chest to find your heart but then you'll die and it will have been useless. better to just trust its there by feeling the beat. so i try not to worry too much about if i'm imitating or faking or whatever. i don't set out to do it but sometimes i'm inspired by other people.
    Heh no, I didn't mean you. I don't know why you think I do. What I was thinking about was imitation in a malicious sense, where it becomes somewhat a nuisance to deal with, when it deteriorates the relationship you have or could have with some person(s).

It's completely off-topic but what would you do upon finding yourself in similar situation? What would say to the person knowing his story?

What I can do is, I can play with such people, make them roll in molten lava subtly implying that's what I would do, I can make a silly story sound authentic and make them repeat it to my own amusement seeing they do in front of other people, etc. I can drop the case as well and forget it ever happened providing that person(s) isn't really persistent(?) in doing it over and over again.

First option is tempting.

Absurd dilemma.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the more daring option in this case? I'm curious.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    What is the more daring option in this case? I'm curious.
    i dunno, honestly.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno, honestly.
    Ask me a question. Anything.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Ask me a question. Anything.
    have you ever been in love?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever been in love?
    once, maybe

she was four years my junior, and my cousin, as if this whole thing wasn't awkward enough

but I don't know if I can call it love, I barely had any contact with her - we kissed a couple of times but that was it, it's not like I can publicly date a girl in this country, let alone my cousin. not that anyone minds that we are cousins actually, dating is just frowned upon..

which is why many people here marry from a very young age, mostly as soon as they leave high school

well, you can still pursue a relationship secretly, but I don't find any pride in that (nor do I think my poor social skills will come in handy here)

I did crush on and meet other girls but this one lasted longer

I may or may not propose to her depending on my sanity level at the time, but that's all I can do if I wanted to have a serious relationship with her. All in all, I feel like Eddard Stark at this point, I may very well end up with someone I don't know and just have a traditional marriage. I did tell my parents to fuck off and stop looking for girls for me, which probably makes them think I'll be a bachelor until I hit 30 or something, and it's closer to the truth than I'd like to admit. I don't want to jump into that shit until I'm ready to commit and I'm not ready yet. I still have to finish my degree, get a decent job, and pretty much be financially stable.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arrested development.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once, maybe

she was four years my junior, and my cousin, as if this whole thing wasn't awkward enough

but I don't know if I can call it love, I barely had any contact with her - we kissed a couple of times but that was it, it's not like I can publicly date a girl in this country, let alone my cousin. not that anyone minds that we are cousins actually, dating is just frowned upon..

which is why many people here marry from a very young age, mostly as soon as they leave high school

well, you can still pursue a relationship secretly, but I don't find any pride in that (nor do I think my poor social skills will come in handy here)

I did crush on and meet other girls but this one lasted longer

I may or may not propose to her depending on my sanity level at the time, but that's all I can do if I wanted to have a serious relationship with her. All in all, I feel like Eddard Stark at this point, I may very well end up with someone I don't know and just have a traditional marriage. I did tell my parents to fuck off and stop looking for girls for me, which probably makes them think I'll be a bachelor until I hit 30 or something, and it's closer to the truth than I'd like to admit. I don't want to jump into that shit until I'm ready to commit and I'm not ready yet. I still have to finish my degree, get a decent job, and pretty much be financially stable.
    u live in Qatar right?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

thats because they know we're right.
    @Raver omg. why am i fi esi
    Fi-ESI is the most likely possibility for your type imo. However, Fi-EII is my second choice for you and I leave it as a strong possibility for your type. Your does not come across as weak to me and I can see it being your creative function in terms of how you use it overall, which kind of rules out Ne-EII for me. On the other hand, your isn't that bad at least compared to other ESIs I've known where it is pretty obvious so it could possibly be your creative function as well, which is why I leave Fi-EII as a possibility and rule out Se-ESI. Your is pretty evident in your posts, but what's less clear is your creative function, which is expected among Fi-Ixfjs. Subtype makes a big difference in personality from what I've seen, since it makes certain functions stronger or weaker than others.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lungs, was it you who once mentioned that the book titled The Secret Garden was their favorite book when young?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

not my favorite book, but still one of my favorite movies. it was the first movie i watched by myself in the theater when i was a kid. (the 1993 version)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not my favorite book, but still one of my favorite movies. it was the first movie i watched by myself in the theater when i was a kid. (the 1993 version)
    Yes that the was a fantastic adaption the of the book. I took my daughters to the theatre to watch it when it first came out and they have made me sit down with them so many times to watch it since.

I like those movies and television series showing the past making you wonder & imagine what is actually going on behind those closed doors, even if it is just a garden!
    Last edited by Hays; 04-22-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    That must be the standard IEE hairstyle.
    Lol, For the Ne subtype I might agree!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123