Default Article: Conflict Relations INFp and ESTj by Stratiyevskaya

I love my dual.

"What should we do next?"
    "Paint the door."
    "What color."
    "This shade of red I wanted."
    "Let's get it."
    .....we spend 5 hrs painting a door.

The following week, kids come over and put a tiny dink in it.
    "Oh well, they're only kids."
    "It's only stuff."

Love, family, relations...that's what matters the most.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What color are you going to paint the door?
    Red.
    Nothing says love quite like murder red.
    ...Whatever. We'll paint it when i get back.
    (We?) FUCK.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    What color are you going to paint the door?
    Red.
    Nothing says love quite like murder red.
    ...Whatever. We'll paint it when i get back.
    (We?) FUCK.
    LOL Pookie
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-bg

Default Article: Conflict Relations INFp and ESTj by Stratiyevskaya

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

I love my dual.

"What should we do next?"
    "Paint the door."
    "What color."
    "This shade of red I wanted."
    "Let's get it."
    .....we spend 5 hrs painting a door.

The following week, kids come over and put a tiny dink in it.
    "Oh well, they're only kids."
    "It's only stuff."

Love, family, relations...that's what matters the most.
    What type of door takes 5 hours to paint?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I was going to say, an LSE would not take 5 hours to paint a door. Maybe an IEE or EII would.. but not an LSE.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I was going to say, an LSE would not take 5 hours to paint a door. Maybe an IEE or EII would.. but not an LSE.
    What if it was a reallly, realllllly big door?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    A new front door of a house; she gets taken with time and loses herself in the work. Te with Ni PolR issues, just same old for LSE.
    -

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read all of this but what I read is literally my daily life with my annoying IEI sister

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    I didn't read all of this but what I read is literally my daily life with my annoying IEI sister
    lol at the initiating bottom line post and this one, I don't like my sister either.

She's too dang grounded and regular and routine and nothing extravagant or holy!!
    RaptorWizard aka Dooku won every time through SolitaryWalker Yoda and Zang Gandalf with Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster. Yoda was the height of 9 Blastoise wisdom in 249 Lugia and 493 Arceus!! Level 6-0/12-6 was Kobe's 60 point game in 2016 as Jordan Charizard/Rhydon. Level 7-1 was Germany 2014. Level 8-2 was Bayern 2020. Level 9-3 was Zidane 2022. Level 10-4 was Inter Milan 2023. Level 11-5 is when Bayern and Madrid matched up in UEFA 2024 with victory over Man City Doku. Raptor made an axiomatic system for Zang and SolitaryWalker!! Polished voices of vending machine crazy fuses of blizzards and rallying firmament tangles entertain rampaging jewels of fruits and dragons
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Grounded and regular and routine sounds sane and refreshing and nice honestly, as long as the person isn't like "I'm grounded and regular and routine so that means I'm better than you are" which it feels like 99% of grounded and regular and routine people are... so nevermind.

But total denial of the grim dreary reality over fantasies just feels stupid as well and I can't buy into that no matter how much I love riding on Clear Dragons in the sky with Jesse Santana while we sword fight Yvonne.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A likely progression of events with a possible person:
    -What color should we paint the door?
    -I was thinking red.
    -I think that red might stand out too much. It'd bring attention to the house.
    -What about blue?
    -Well I like blue. But most of the doors are more of a grey or a beige color. We probably shouldn't be using bright colors.
    -Blue-grey.
    -Why don't we try making our house look better with interior decoration?

No idea what types are involved.

I guess my attitudes towards xSE's are that they generally seem to be nice, stable people, who seem to be confusing in some way. I think that I don't always understand their thought process, although I usually appreciate the goods that they can provide. This assumes that I'm interpreting the types right.

Edit: Realistically, I think I would be more likely to say "We should probably make our house look better with interior decoration." or "Maybe we should make our house look better with interior decoration." rather than "Why don't we try making our house look better with interior decoration?". I'm not sure about this.