Thread: The Effect of Subtypes on the polr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Effect of Subtypes on the polr.

I wondered if you guys have any ideas about how the polr might be affected by a person being of a particular subtype. Would it in your opinion, cause the polr to represent a greater or lesser weakness/challenge for a producing subtype?
    I have no opinions on this yet myself and assuming subtypes exist.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I agree.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that herzy's theory is the general consensus at the moment, but this sort of thing is rather uncertain.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If, empirically, the accepting subtypyes are seen as having a more sensitive PoLR, fine.

But getting into territory here - - an that focuses more on will focus less on , and therefore more on . Would that make the PoLR more sensitive? How?

Another point - -

An ESTp sensory subtype is closest to an ESFp sensory subtype. Does it make sense then to say that an ESTp sensory subtype has a more sensitive PoLR?

I think Herzy described something else. If she uses mainly , her PoLR is going to be hit more often from others -- this is the reaction that her usage provokes. An ESTp sensory subtype might do that precisely because his/her is less sensitive.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    If, empirically, the accepting subtypyes are seen as having a more sensitive PoLR, fine.
    i don't believe that anyone's claiming that any empirical observations have been made regarding anything about subtypes.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i don't believe that anyone's claiming that any empirical observations have been made regarding anything about subtypes.
    Balzac has mentioned the subtype descriptions, which in principle are based on empirical observations of real people (at least one should hope so). I'm not sure that they actually describe that accepting subtypes have more sensitive PoLRs, but anyway I wanted to point out that the theory indicates the opposite.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda have an idea about a sum of energy of the opposing functions. The person either a certain sum of energy for 1st and 3rd combined and a certain sum for 2nd and 4th.

Accepting function subtype will have more "energy" for 1st and 3rd function. If he ends up developing the 3rd, it will come at the expense of the 1st, but there is enough energy to develop both to be rather strong. (theoretically the chances are that Te-sub ENTj will have more control over Fe).

Producing function subtype will have more potential to develop both 2nd and 4th. There is a certain amount they can divide between those two.

This said, I think accepting function subtype will have a higher chance or "non-existent" PoLR and the producing function sub will have a higher chance of having "sickly strong" PoLR.
    It is up to debate whether the "non-existent" PoLR is worse than the "sickly strong" PoLR.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balzac has mentioned the subtype descriptions, which in principle are based on empirical observations of real people (at least one should hope so). I'm not sure that they actually describe that accepting subtypes have more sensitive PoLRs, but anyway I wanted to point out that the theory indicates the opposite.
    the only descriptions i have ever found on subtypes have been unreadable machine translations.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    I'm not sure that they actually describe that accepting subtypes have more sensitive PoLRs
    Yeah, it's a bit sketchy. However, in logical-irrational types, the logical subtypes are described as friendlier and more sociable, suggesting that their PoLR isn't quite as painful.
    It also works with my theory. Logical subtype, where T is the creative function... The 2nd function is better developed and so is the 4th.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, really. Where is all this information on sub-types? If it is a common part of Socionics, where is the sub-type information on the main page?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    No, really. Where is all this information on sub-types? If it is a common part of Socionics, where is the sub-type information on the main page?
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=2000
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. I appreciate the information.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box