So, I'm having a hard time figuring out my type. I get pretty inconsistent results with tests, and although I've read quite few profiles with sections that fit me, I've never really read a profile and said "aha! Now _that_ sounds like me!"
Judging by the tests I've taken and what I've read, I think I'm probably an ENTj, ENTp, INTp, or ESTp (those are what I test as most often), but don't take my word for it, since I'm relatively new to Socionics. The one thing I'm pretty sure about is the T.
Here are some excerpts from profiles that I can definitely relate. Since the excerpts are pretty short, I'll put all the excerpts in the same Quote section as excerpts from other profiles of the same type...
Originally Posted by INTp profilesOriginally Posted by ENTp profilesOriginally Posted by ENTj profilesHmm... I think I've forgotten something, but if I find anything else I'll add it later.Originally Posted by ENFj profile
Now a couple things that I'm not so sure about concerning the behaviour of certain types...
1) A lot of descriptions refer to ENTps as very inventive/creative people. Although I don't think I live up to either of those adjectives very well, I do tend to come up with (somewhat inconventional yet practical) solutions to problems in day-to-day matters that my friends don't see some times.
2) Many profiles describe ENTjs as being very decisive. Is that just a steriotype? Because I don't think I'm particularly decisive. Additionally, a lot of sources seem to portray ENTjs and ESTps as people that finish what they start and always complete their projects. Definitely not true for me. I have a tendency to start quite a few projects that I never finish and to do a lot of things at the last minute, as well as plan things that I never get around to.
Finally, a little miscellaneous information...
- I am a great advocate of the "logic test". I believe nothing that is illogical. For instance, I discarded religion pretty early on simply because it didn't pass the logic test. At the same time, I try to remain open-minded towards paranormal phenomena because I think it's illogical to assume that we know everything.
- I analyse people and like learning about/figuring out the logic behind them. For instance, I just read a book on neuroscience and enjoyed it thoroughly. Similarly, it's fun for me to try to figure out how people behave in certain situations and figure out their underlying behaviour patterns. That's probably one of the reasons I'm intrigued by socionics.
- I enjoy debating a lot. Sometimes I'll even play devil's advocate just for the hell of it. Needless to say, I'm always right.
- I like logic puzzles. For instance, I love Sudoku. On the other hand, I'm not purely a science/tech/logical systems guy... I play the violin too and enjoy it a lot.
Finally, I know this probably isn't relevant, but... I have a hard time figuring out how the questions on tests and descriptions of functions, types, etc relate to me. For example, I was never really sure whether I was more "abstract" or "concrete" (that's not to say I'm particularly unsure of whether I'm N or S, it's just an example). Maybe I'm just an idiot. Oh well.
If I think of anything else to add, I'll edit this. And if you need any more information, I'll gladly give it. Thanks in advance.
PS. Sorry for making such a long post.