Thread: My own theory, read if you're bored

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My own theory, read if you're bored...

I just realized something: The farther you go down in the socionic 'system' the harder it is to really have that specific trait...

For example, I think it's rather easy to peg somebody as an Introvert or Extrovert. But, when you go down to Sensing and Intuition it gets more difficult and the line between the two becomes blurred. Feeling and Thinking is even worse.

And then Judging and Perceiving, what everybody seems to have trouble with, is VERY hard to choose the right one. Taking tests is counter-intuitive (or maybe just *too* intuitive) because you already know which one you're gonna get when you take the test and you're not even really sure if that's 'you.'

This seems intentional in a way though, but yes, the theory seems to break-down and be less practical the deeper down you go.

I'm DEFINITELY definitely introverted. I'm more or less intuitive....Feeling/thinking is so iffy, I don't agree with the terms it seems too generalized and stereotypical. Judging/perceiving, my God. It's a cloudy mess!!!

My actual TRUE type is: (with the dominant traits in all caps, and if I have a little bit of the other side it's in lower caps. A repeated letter is used for potency and to represent dominance over the opposite trait...notice how it becomes more muddled the farther along it goes. Like I have no e, but I'm equally J and P)

INNsFFTJJPP

I think my system is more accurate and a lot better! ;P I suppose you could mix it up with whatever, depending on who you are. You could even be EEII I guess, which might make my above theory moot but there could be a lot of more in-depth and complicated descriptions than the stereotypical descriptions on online quizzes....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing is that in socionics, you're not supposed to choose - introverted or extroverted, sensing or intuitive, thinking or feeling, judging or perceiving. The way I see it, you have to understand the functions as well as you can and then pick about 3-5 functions that you actually identify with. It's even better, if you can add some opinion about the functions (when do you use it, how many years already, how often, are you confident when you use it?).

When you have chosen those functions, you start combining them in the A model, and you have to follow the rules of A model. It's like a puzzle. It's somewhat fun and each time you end up with one result, you try to prove it works. (if you get ESFp, you read the description, and you see if it actually applies, even if the first reflex was, "I'm NOT ESFp").

Then you do the same thing with the relations. You type people who irritate you and try to find out why they irritate you. And you type the people you really like (try to exclude your family) and see what they have in common. You'll end up with a type.

You can also try VI and exclude some types. VI probably won't give you one result, but in stead you'll get bunch of types that fit your looks. (let someone else VI you. It's impossible to VI yourself objectively).

Play this game until you get the same result from both - A model analysis and relations. It's best if this type wasn't excluded by the VI. And then you do a functional analysis and try to see if it actually really does work. You already know that the A model "works" with that type, but now you have to take a deeper look in each function to see if they actually make sense on their own.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even from an MBTI perspective, this approach is completely biased and reflects only your preferences. there are some people with whom the introversion/extroversion dichotomy is very complicated, and some people where the other three dichotomies are extremely simple, for example there was never any kind of question at all that i might score as an F on any MBTI test.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume on the basis of your description that sensorics is your weakest point. That means you are a rational introvert either:

or . If it sounds possible to you, than tell us what is your professional interest or what sort of occupation you would be interested in: more people directed or more technical?

What are your favourite colours?

Or it could be on the opposite: intuitive introvert either or .

We are talking only about 4 types here, which one seems to be closer to you?

It is not as difficult to decide on the type as you think.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, is definitely my weakest point. I already know my type, it's INFj, I was just participating in some good ol-fashioned mental masturbation. Don't mind me.

I already know my type, it was just my own weird way of trying to understand more about it.