Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dream House Psychological Test

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Dream House Psychological Test ...

This is suppose to have some sort of psychological importance ... I'll explain after so many people put put down answers.

Follow the directions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream House

Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do not think about the questions excessively. This is a relational psychology test and the answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives.

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with?

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it?

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. You walk deeper into the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size.

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, paper, etc.)?

8. What do you do with the cup?

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of body of water. What type of body of water is it (creek, river, ocean, etc...)

10. How will you cross the water?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answers ...

1 someone - a girl
    2 squirrel
    3 pet it
    4 hugh mansion, bright and white
    5 no
    6 golden plates,golden cups ... wooden table ... glass bowl cabinet purple/violet wallpaper
    7 paper
    8 crush it
    9 pool
    10 go around

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tempted to write something really obscene. Not enough so to actually do it though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

I'm tempted to write something really obscene. Not enough so to actually do it though.
    Ummm .... is it offensive obsene or just regular obsene?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet it had to do with this question, huh? :wink: ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhh knowing you... I doubt there a difference between regular obscene and offensive obscene

why do people like squirrels so much anyways?
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhh knowing you... I doubt there a difference between regular obscene and offensive obscene

why do people like squirrels so much anyways?
    Well, we can analyze what I put or actually put down our own answers ...

I perfer to talk about mine later, because if I did right now it would give away the meaning of the test.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. My husband
    2. Wolf
    3. Mutual understanding
    4. Small, white
    5. yes an old rusted one
    6. A large oak table, with nothing on it
    7.China tea cup
    8.Pick it up and examine it.
    9. Creek
    10. Walk through it.

So from those few things, tell me about myself
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll pm what each means to anyone who takes it ... DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. A tall brunette with blue eyes
    2. a deer
    3. we look at each other for a second then it runs away
    4. Smallish, white with blue trim
    5. no
    6. a few comfortable, lightly padded chairs. A place setting with a nice medium-rare filet mignon and mashed potatoes at each place.
    7.ceramic
    8. fill it with water
    9. a smallish pond
    10. walking over it

...So?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<rmcnew> Just out of curiosity
    <rmcnew> the cup was a sexual object for you?
    <joyous> no it was a joke about putting it up someone's ass
    <joyous> sorry... the test is just too feelery for me or something
    <rmcnew> hmmmmm
    <joyous> I didn't automatically see myself with anyone... I thought about it and picked peter
    <joyous> the animal was a racoon
    <joyous> it looked at me and ran away and peter and I made fun of it
    <joyous> damnit I should just post this
    <rmcnew> HEH
    <joyous> the cup is a blue ceramic mug like I have in my kitchen
    <joyous> I thought of coffee
    <joyous> I don't really drink coffee much btw
    <joyous> huge mansion
    <joyous> traditional in design
    <joyous> mahogany wood table with elegant place settings
    <joyous> stone fence around the mansion
    <joyous> it's a small lake and I walk around it with peter
    <joyous> and I prolly don't do anything with the cup... I'll take care of it later
    <joyous> lol
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't have to post our conversation ... you also missed two questions!?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I googled the test so I could take it without having to wait (I'm impatient like that). It was pretty good up until question 7, in which I disagree with the explanation page's assesment of plastic cups (I don't consider plastic disposable, so I suppose the result itself is still valid). Answer #8 was "pick it up". That didn't really strike me as a valid result for what it was to represent.

For the consumption of all who are thoroughly disinterested (I doubt anyone here actually cares that much about my answers), I give you my answers in order:

My girlfriend
    squirrel
    I look at it and it runs away.
    Medium-small (mezzo-small, if you will)
    No fence
    Food and Chairs
    Plastic
    Pick it up
    Pond
    Swim (I actually visuallized this though I can't swim. I almost changed it in light of that fact, but that would have corrupted the test.)
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think question number 8 only has signifigance in positive/negitive/sexual extremes ...

For example ... crushing the cup is probably negitive ... drinking out of the cup, filling the cup, or picking it up is probably positive. If you want to have sex with the cup, that may be a good or bad thing depending upon how you look at it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    I think question number 8 only has signifigance in positive/negitive/sexual extremes ...

For example ... crushing the cup is probably negitive ... drinking out of the cup, filling the cup, or picking it up is probably positive. If you want to have sex with the cup, that may be a good or bad thing depending upon how you look at it.
    Even considering what it's supposed to represent, desiring to have sex with the cup seems like an issue to me. Or perhaps the test taker has merely been in prison for a long time...
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

Even considering what it's supposed to represent, desiring to have sex with the cup seems like an issue to me. Or perhaps the test taker has merely been in prison for a long time...
    Who knows ... the cups is suppose to represent something ... so having sex with it may be a good thing taking what that certain something is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. a deer
    2. ... the deer.
    3. ........ im walking with it through the forest....
    4. it is of moderate size. it looks like any other house.
    5. no fence.
    6. the room is large and empty except for the table. the table has a tablecloth on it and nothing else.
    7. the cup is ceramic.
    8. i leave the cup alone
    9. a lake
    10. i do not intend to cross the lake. if i need to in order to continue this journey, i'll walk around it.

now what does this nonsense mean??

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't miss any questions
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Analysis

1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems (passive, aggressive).

4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence is more indicative of a closed personality. You'd prefer people to not drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with, the person from number 1. For example, Styrofoam, plastic, and paper are disposable; Styrofoam, paper, and glass (ceramics) are not durable; and metal and plastic are durable.

8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude toward the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    1. a deer
    2. ... the deer.
    3. ........ im walking with it through the forest....
    4. it is of moderate size. it looks like any other house.
    5. no fence.
    6. the room is large and empty except for the table. the table has a tablecloth on it and nothing else.
    7. the cup is ceramic.
    8. i leave the cup alone
    9. a lake
    10. i do not intend to cross the lake. if i need to in order to continue this journey, i'll walk around it.

now what does this nonsense mean??
    It means you have a rather odd attachment to a deer, and it's a good thing you didn't want to have sex with the cup...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh

mcnew never indicated that you had to be walking with a person. a deer was the first thing that popped into my head.

and i dont know any deer personally.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I answered these and then looked at what each "means"...

1. my boyfriend (definitely the most important to me!)
    2. a kitten (glad I didn't pick a lion, then)
    3. it has no home, so I rescue it (I'm a peacemaker, I guess)
    4. medium sized, cozy
    5. no fence (But I hate it when people drop by unannounced!)
    6. wood table, with a lace doily on top (LOL!)
    7. it's a cup made out a sugar, like in Willy Wonka
    8. take a bite out of it (yum!)
    9. a lake, with small waves
    10. by boat

1. A Polish Jew that I don't know.
    2. An ocelot.
    3. Nothing, I had only though that I had seen it.
    4. That uh castle I used to play in.
    5. A stone fence but it is mostly broken.
    6. The table is a cloth in the floor, there is nothing on it.
    7. Porcelain.
    8. I break it.
    9. A swamp.
    10. Nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blah
    ESTp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. My friend.
    2. A rabbit.
    3. He looks at me and hops away.
    4. Moderately large.
    5. It might be.
    6. Plates, both large and small, and diningware.
    7. Ceramic.
    8. Glance at it, then ignore it.
    9. Creek.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Dream House Psychological Test ...

Dream House

Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in your mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do not think about the questions excessively. This is a relational psychology test and the answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives.

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with? No one.

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it? human

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal? "omg, lol" "u walk here too?" "yeh sometimes"

4. You walk deeper into the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size. it's a goddamn mansion built of candy gold and explosions

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence? yes

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table. Perfect silverware, no ornate designs, functional, a tad bulky, but still easy to use, aestetic in a modern sense, but without pushing the silverware limit

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, paper, etc.)? styrofoam. A neighbor had a wild party last night and one of the environmentally uncouncious children threw a cup over the fence.

8. What do you do with the cup? put it in a trash receptacle

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of body of water. What type of body of water is it (creek, river, ocean, etc...) creek. We can't afford to live nice. You really think we want to live somewhere with fucking neighbors who litter uncontrollably when drunk?

10. How will you cross the water? hopping rocks with the grace of god.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with, the person from number 1. For example, Styrofoam, plastic, and paper are disposable; Styrofoam, paper, and glass (ceramics) are not durable; and metal and plastic are durable.
    ceramic is more durable than plastic
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. You are walking in the woods. Who are you walking with? No one

2. You are walking in the woods. You see an animal. What kind of animal is it? Wolf

3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal? It see's mee and keeps its distance

4. You walk deeper into the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size. 1-2 acre

5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence? No

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table. Who put the stuff on the table? - So nothing.

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, paper, etc.)? Ceramic

8. What do you do with the cup? - Pick it up and drop it on the ground again.

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of body of water. What type of body of water is it (creek, river, ocean, etc...) Creek

10. How will you cross the water? Step across

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ceramic is more durable than plastic
    Ceramic would break in a lot of situations that plastic would bounce back from. I think that would be the justification for considering plastic more durable than ceramic.

Creepy-bg

No-one, I'm by myself

a badger

we stare at eachother... the badger slowly blinking his eyes

4. You walk deeper into the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size.

small wooden cabin, one or two rooms at the most

No

6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table.

It's set up for a dinner, white table cloth, nice silverware and two taper candles burning

7. You exit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, paper, etc.)?

Gold

Leave it lying there

9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of body of water. What type of body of water is it (creek, river, ocean, etc...)

very calm lake, large but still small enough to see the oposite tree lined shore in the distance

I'll hike around it

This reminded me of the guided imagery from when I was in rehab. The questions were a bit different though. For instance in that one you come up to a wall and have to descibe it along with how you get over/around it. Back In rehab the animal I saw was a snake... now it's changed into a big brown badger with large tranqual eyes.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will someone else do the analyzing part?

When I'm walking in the woods, I prefer to be by myself. Though I'm sure Richard would want to come with me. His presence would be acceptable to me.

(And here I get stuck on a bambi type scene with a deer, an owl, a rabbit, a skunk, butterflies, some hidden predators (bear, wolf/coyote, cougar), a fox, badger, all sorts of animals....raindrops falling, and one of my favorite songs from the movie "Bambi".)

I walk in unexpectedly on them. All of us freeze in shock. They stare at me. I stare at them. I circle around them, giving them their space, as I continue on my way.

I can't really see it....I get a sense of it being relatively small/medium size, has an attic with lots of interesting stuff up there, a roomy kitchen/dining area with lots of windows to give a feel of more open space inside.

It's surrounded by a spatious lawn, with tall evergreen bush type trees being a clean break between my living space (including lawn) and the forest, but the forest can be easily seen from all angles of the house. There is a trambled down dirt path that leads from the forest, through two trees (widely spaced apart for like..2-3 people side by side), and leads into the lawn area, stopping within about 5 feet of the forest entrance. (This way, I get to see people coming and have time to do whatever adjustments before they get here.) It also gives me a sense of opennes and freedom when I come home from the forest path.

In the middle are the usual condiment type stuff used for meals...salt, pepper, napkins...a pencil holder? and a notepad. Also, it seems that I was in the middle of working on something. There is an open book and scattered papers suggesting I was studying something. One of those fat mechanical pencils that looks like a pen is lying on top of the papers. I musta taken a break and went for a walk in the woods to think.

Well, if it's on the grass, it can't be glass, i don't know how a ceramic cup would have gotten out here and not realized it'd been dropped, paper cups don't last though it might be one of the neighbor's children's, hmm, you know...it actually looks like one of them water bottles this family carries around.

8. What do you do with the cup? I pick up the water bottle and put it in the sink to be cleaned.

It's gotta be my own private area, so probably a pond of some kind... with a water wheel to keep the water moving and from becoming stagnant.

10. How will you cross the water?[/quote]
    Um...walk around it? Though playing in it sounds like more fun.

How can you people have such short simple answers????
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Completely hypothetical - are there any concessions for people allergic to flowers? What if food, people or flowers don't make you happy? What if you're perfectly content with a functional dining table?
    Yes exactly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex husband, then he's not there anymore

A chipmunk

I laugh, say it's cute, it runs away

A 2000 square foot log house with 2 bathrooms

No

A glass vase of orchids

Pottery cup

Pick it up and put it somewhere safe

A creek

Wade through/step on rocks

howzzat
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzac
    Completely hypothetical - are there any concessions for people allergic to flowers? What if food, people or flowers don't make you happy? What if you're perfectly content with a functional dining table?
    Yes exactly
    I was actually surprised that I was able to make it through the woods without sneezing my head off. I think the reason why i have no flowers and such in my yard nor on my table is because of the allergies..plus, in order to pick the flowers, i am in essence hurting a plant, killing the flower part of it, and preventing the plant/flowering system from helping reproduction. Wow, so according the analysis, hurting a plant/person, killing the flower/public image, preventing it's reproduction/social system from working....that'll make me happy?

And food is supposed to make me happy? Wouldn't food on the table be an indication of desiring comfort foods? Wouldn't that be a sign of..i dunno..stress, insecurities, obesity?

And...um...having someone ON my table....now THAT could be interesting!!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when did you do rehab bionicgoat
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    when did you do rehab bionicgoat
    when I was 17... (I'm now 33) I was in there for about 2 months.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    And food is supposed to make me happy? Wouldn't food on the table be an indication of desiring comfort foods? Wouldn't that be a sign of..i dunno..stress, insecurities, obesity?
    Exactly, I would think of a table full of food as someone lacking in something, or rather hungry for something. I see an empty table as more tranquil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Balzac

What are salawas?

As for the crocodiles in the moat around your house, I guess you really don't want to open up to anyone and will bite their head off if they try. And the crocdiles in your body of water, well insatiable aren't you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast